The Japanese

Jun 22, 2021
There are two episodes remaining, not one....Episode 24 (penultimate) which we are working on now and then episode 25 will be the last episode. Wanda / Angel will be in episode 24. Between those two episodes and the epilogies, it should be enough to close off everything.
Congrats, mate! I wish you all the success in the world for your Steam release. You not only got the best story in the AVN world IMHO, but you're also a kind and ethical developer -- you even froze Patreon payments --, so you really deserve all the best. Looking forward to seeing the conclusion of this amazing story and the revamped Steam release; and, of course, that your next project would be as good as this one, if not better.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
And I can now confirm the full female cast of episode 24 (some of these may only be minor appearances). Here is who we will see:
Jolina, Bella, Elaine, Monica, Zarah, Jenna, Katie, Angel, Wanda, Captain Heart, Debbie, Lily. (Plus two other small cameo appearances).
The update sounds good overall, but that's quite the list. As far as I can tell, poor Theresa is the only one left out - despite being the LI with the least content overall. Harsh.

I know we all want to see our favorite, but at a certain point I think the game is going back to the same well a little too often.

Case in point. I love Lily at least as much as the next man, but she and Debbie have had plenty of time in the spotlight. Is there really that much more to see (remember, we're still on hook for a spa day with them). I think it would have been better to save them (and Katie and Jenna, for that matter) for next time and focus elsewhere.

Still, I suppose with the game winding down we want to get in as much content with the fan favorites as we can. And I don't really mind the longer development time as long as the end result delivers. Hopefully we'll see how things stack up soon.

Reactions: Mars_ixv

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The update sounds good overall, but that's quite the list. As far as I can tell, poor Theresa is the only one left out - despite being the LI with the least content overall. Harsh.

I know we all want to see our favorite, but at a certain point I think the game is going back to the same well a little too often.

Case in point. I love Lily at least as much as the next man, but she and Debbie have had plenty of time in the spotlight. Is there really that much more to see (remember, we're still on hook for a spa day with them). I think it would have been better to save them (and Katie and Jenna, for that matter) for next time and focus elsewhere.

Still, I suppose with the game winding down we want to get in as much content with the fan favorites as we can. And I don't really mind the longer development time as long as the end result delivers. Hopefully we'll see how things stack up soon.
Naively lured by the quote I end up with a wish to neglect Lily... how bitter.... :cry:

besides the SPA issue, Katie's whole group more or less composed (Lily + Debbie or Lily + Debbie + Katie or Jenna + Katie or even Katie + Jenna + Lily + Debbie) has to "formalize" or dismantle the current relationship, considering it's the second to last chapter I'd say there's something more than 50% happening now

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020

Everyone forgets the best girl..... that carnival would be a dead loss if not for her.

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Japanese

Mihawkgod

Oct 5, 2019

Hi folks,
Let’s start with the most important part: To remind / confirm that payment is most definitely turned OFF, so there will be no charges for you in July. Payment will not be turned back on until after episode 24 is released.
Steam release / Re-do /early episode upgrades: Still on hold until AFTER episode 24 is released.
Episode 24 status update:
Really difficult to give an estimated release date because it is so hard to predict exactly how much time I will get to work on it. Depending on what’s going on at home or in my real job, my personal weekly input into WTHI can vary from 20 hours to 70 hours. I can no longer throw Cell under the bus () for any delays as almost all of the work that is left is in my corner. Last week was great (I got about 60 hours in) but this week, I’m guessing it will be less than 20 because I have a work travel/trip to complete that will run into the weekend. So, instead of guessing at estimates, what I will do is give a status update every week (or so) in the same format, so you can track progress. Currently: Here’s where I’m at:
The Good (65%): The first 65% of the scenes were fully complete and ready for testing but then I went in and meddled because there was some pathing stuff that didn’t make sense and I also spiced up one of the existing scenes because I felt it was a little boring. It was an important scene from a decision-making perspective, but it was a dialog only scene and lacked any sexiness or fun, so I went in and added to it. This also means artwork WAS fully done in these scenes, but this new content needed about 50 new images and a new animation ( which are almost done). It makes the scene a LOT better and was worth the extra effort (Hint: The scene involves two sisters!! Disclaimer: It will not breach any Patreon rules.). The plan is to finish this section completely and get it to the QC team when I get back from my work trip (A couple of days work and then this section will be DONE). And it’s also in chronological order which means that I don’t have to splice and dice new stuff into it after the fact, so once it’s done…it’s done.
The (Not so) Bad (20%): For the next 20% of the scenes: All artwork is complete with the exception of 1 animation and a small number of extra images. And a first draft of ALL of the writing is complete. But as with all of my first drafts, it’s a bit of a mess, so needs some work.
The Ugly (15%): For the last 15%, approx. 90% of the artwork is complete, but I still have ALL of the writing to do.

And I can now confirm the full female cast of episode 24 (some of these may only be minor appearances). Here is who we will see:
Jolina, Bella, Elaine, Monica, Zarah, Jenna, Katie, Angel, Wanda, Captain Heart, Debbie, Lily. (Plus two other small cameo appearances).

Let me know if any questions or comments.
Thanks,
CG
AYO LESSSSS GOOOO! Whoever was saying me asking for a certain pairing was too selfish.....I GOT MY WISH!!! This is why you gotta ask for what you want lads!

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I agree with that dude who said the dev is an ethical dude
I have a lot of respect for him after reading about the patreon pause
Not everyone does that
He could have just ghosted like so many do
But he didn't so I have great respect for that

And yeah, I'm also looking forward to the steam release
I'm going to restart the whole game from the beginning

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
I agree with that dude who said the dev is an ethical dude
I have a lot of respect for him after reading about the patreon pause
Not everyone does that
He could have just ghosted like so many do
But he didn't so I have great respect for that
I think Cheeky is one of three devs I'm aware of who's consistently done that.

He's definitely one who's more than earned a good reputation as a developer from supporters.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
And now I can confirm the full female cast for episode 24 (some of these may just be minor appearances). Here is who we will see:
Jolina, Bella, Elaine, Monica, Zarah, Jenna, Katie, Angel, Wanda, Captain Heart, Debbie, Lily (plus two more minor cameo appearances).
Dear Cheeky and the sweet and tender Librarian, what happened to her?

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I found this nice game Glowing Stones: Heroe's Awakening and was pleased to see this little shout out to this game in there:

WTHI shout out at Glowing Stones.png

I love to see such things, where devs made little hints to other games. I played Glowing Stones today and can strongly recommend this work. Really nice graphics and the story started well to me and has much potential. The dev MoonlightDevCorp did a good job here. Nice to see Jolina in her natural habitat again since CheekyGimp set us all on cold turkey.:cry:

MoonlightDevCorp

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2021
I found this nice game Glowing Stones: Heroe's Awakening and was pleased to see this little shout out to this game in there:

I love to see such things, where devs made little hints to other games. I played Glowing Stones today and can strongly recommend this work. Really nice graphics and the story started well to me and has much potential. The dev MoonlightDevCorp did a good job here. Nice to see Jolina in her natural habitat again since CheekyGimp set us all on cold turkey.:cry:
Ahah, thank you !
Yes, I really like WTHI, and CheekyGimp is a very good friend of mine ^^

And a small info : They don't set you all on cold turkey : the next chapter have begin to be on quality check ! :)

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
any info on when this will be completed?? one of the best gam,e, woulòd the the very best if it allow us at least to be with all the family...and not forcing to havwe to choose only 1 from mom and thbe 2 daughter...hope in some fix if this will be re worked (i'm scared about rework though, considering how many gaMES BEINMG FAR INTO DEVELOPEMENT RESULTED AS ABBANDONED AFTER SOME TIME OF THJIS SO CALLED AND OFTEN, UNNECESSARY REWORKS

Reactions: twofacejoker
4.40 star(s) 326 Votes