kile

Aug 18, 2016
I hate these "delay posts"... every time i read one of those my fucked up brain that got burned too many times on patreon goes into paranoia mode.

Reads "will decide later" as "yep, its delayed"
Reads "5-7 days" as "yep, 7+ days"
Reads "update is complete but i feel it could be better" as "slacked this month so i didnt finish it, need more time lulz"

Anyone else with a fucked up brain like mine ? :(

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017

Folks,

Thanks a lot for the comments. The single day episode seems a bit too cramped, doesn't progress the story enough and I've left too much on the "editing-room" floor), so I've made the decision to make the episode longer (extra content, dialog, images, animations and story progression) and it will consist of two in-game days.

Aeilion and I will obviously need a few extra days to pull it together (less than a week). I'll keep you posted...

Thanks,
CG

-

So it has been delayed a bit to extend the Episode. Shouldn't be long though.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
Oh, well, but at least the promise of trying to make the episode as satisfying as possible sounds really, really good, so hopefully it's gonna deliver! :D Can't wait. ;-)

Kaske11

Jun 6, 2018
Cmon dude its 5 bucks someone upload the episode, dude, I don't have paypal and pateron doesn't accept prepaid credit cards FeelsBadMan

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
I hate these "delay posts"... every time i read one of those my fucked up brain that got burned too many times on patreon goes into paranoia mode.

Reads "update is complete but i feel it could be better" as "slacked this month so i didnt finish it, need more time lulz"

It is a fair reaction with *some* developers. AWAM's dev has probably earned that reaction at this point.

Cheeky, however, i dont believe has. In fact, iirc, an update or two ago, he knew he was going to be significantly late, and turned off payments for a month.

So, i see no reason to take what he says at face value.

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017

Not a fucked up brain, it's definitely what the post means

Cheecky has gained some respect so far tho because he has delivered on time and even cancelled december payments because he would be delayed by A LOT (he played the card right, so he didnt lose any respect), so, he knows people wont complain, specially if he phrases it differently

Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018

Cheecky has gained some respect so far tho because he has delivered on time and even cancelled december payments because he would be delayed by A LOT (he played the card right, so he didnt lose any respect), so, he knows people wont complain, specially if he phrases it differently
That's not entirely accurate. Some of the pirates that aren't Cheeky's paying patrons will still complain about delays regardless of whether or not his real patrons are charged. That seems to be how it goes around here.

John Winkel

May 19, 2018

Cheeky is not always prompt, I'll give you that. BUT, when he delivers IT'S ALWAYS A TOP QUALITY PRODUCT! Can anyone seriously argue that point?!

May 20, 2017

Well, can't blame you for thinking in a different way but if there is anyone who delivers on his promises, its @CheekyGimp. And thats not me kissing up to him. Every single update of his has been worth playing. Hell, there are a few games that make me wonder if I should skip this update and wait for a few more updates. But with this game, hell no. Every bit of the waiting is worth it.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
How ANY non-supporter has the right - or nerve - to complain about delivery times is beyond me.

Whilst ruminating on the meaning of life and golddiggers in the sleepless early hours of old age last night, it occurred to me to ask if the café owner had indicated where she got the money from to buy the business?

Well why not ;) - the previous debates were entertaining and we have some 5 to 7 extra days to wait, so why not indulge in some more speculation and anticipation, and I have run out of 'closet' gags and references ….. … …

kile

Aug 18, 2016
Well, can't blame you for thinking in a different way but if there is anyone who delivers on his promises, its @CheekyGimp. And thats not me kissing up to him. Every single update of his has been worth playing. Hell, there are a few games that make me wonder if I should skip this update and wait for a few more updates. But with this game, hell no. Every bit of the waiting is worth it.
Im more than aware of his track record, supported his patreon for like 3-4 months till i ran into money troubles, would still support him if i could.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
How ANY non-supporter has the right - or nerve - to complain about delivery times is beyond me.
I will give you 3 reasons: 1 - It's an internet forum. 2 - It's anonymous because it's on the internet. 3- It's the internet mentality.

I know that all 3 reasons were basically the same, but it was such a significant reason, that I had to write it multiple times. And I am stealing this joke from Red Dwarf, albeit somewhat altering it. :D

freca

Jun 15, 2017
Not that I have personally ever complained about a delay - whether I support the dev or not. But everyone has a right to voice their disappointment. Knee-jerk reactions and jumping in on the mob mentality are the downfalls of the internet. But as a patron to a couple other games, just not this one, I feel like I should be able to complain at least a little if I felt the desire too. Not everyone can afford to support every game they like.

But really, you're complaining about people complaining so... there's that.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes