botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Not that I have personally ever complained about a delay - whether I support the dev or not. But everyone has a right to voice their disappointment. Knee-jerk reactions and jumping in on the mob mentality are the downfalls of the internet. But as a patron to a couple other games, just not this one, I feel like I should be able to complain at least a little if I felt the desire too. Not everyone can afford to support every game they like.

But really, you're complaining about people complaining so... there's that.

This. IF a dev acts shifty, nothing wrong with calling that out and as you write, everyone has a right to voice their opinions, whether it's a sensible one or not.
Of course there are always those who will just blindly bash and mistrust a dev, but completely writing any complaints off as " they've no rights because they aren't patreons" is bullshit.

Not the least because most of us know that many members here are also patreon supporters, so it's not clear at all whether someone is or isn't a patreon.

But again even if they aren't doesn't mean their opinion and/or criticism can't still be valid.

On the other hand I do hate complaints about games being late, when there are legible reasons for the delay (because for me mistrusting devs who have constantly, regularly delivered content for more than a year is disgusting and shows more about the people who voice it than the devs themselves) AND when often we are talking about a few days or one or two weeks at most. As if in the larger scheme of things whether it's 4 or 6 weeks makes any difference.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I've been on both sides, I've been accused of brainlessly trusting devs (just because I believed them when they told us about their health issues, mental or not) and of brainlessly attacking devs out of nothing but spite.

Personally, I know neither is true, but it goes to show just how subjective perceptions of these subjects are.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I've been on both sides, I've been accused of brainlessly trusting devs (just because I believed them when they told us about their health issues, mental or not) and of brainlessly attacking devs out of nothing but spite.

Personally, I know neither is true, but it goes to show just how subjective perceptions of these subjects are.
I too have been there as well, but the devs I have supported in the past have lost my support (money) really quickly when they just slack it. I also don't give money to a dev unless they are actually delivering on their promises. If a dev goes more than 2 months, regardless of their mental state, I stop paying, full stop.
It grosses me out when a dev is absent for a month, without pausing payments, with no updates, and then pops in with a single image update hoping they recapture their lost patrons.

Reactions: proximus

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017

Hey Folks

Things are going well and will release this weekend. so far I've extended a couple of scenes (including this one), incorporated some extra animations (thanks to Aeilion) and we're in the progress of adding a Katie scene. Up until I extended episode 10, Katie was not going to make an appearance, but now she will.

Episode 10 is almost here....

As the leper said to his girlfriend after she moved too quickly during sex....

"Won't be long now!"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HyponoHypi

Aug 14, 2018

Also extended this scene.... (will finish this one tomorrow)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Monica by my side
A little bit of Monica is all I need
A little bit of Monica is what I see
A little bit of Monica in the sun
A little bit of Monica all night long
A little bit of Monica, here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes