EJW

Jul 13, 2018
I have a question? What happens if the one we pick is the third in the will? Will we get heart broken or happy ending?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Jenna and lily
For group endings it will be people that usually interact or have something together already.

Jenna and Lily never speak so I don't see them having an ending together.

Lily is connected to Katie and Debbie. Jenna is pretty likely to have an ending with Jolina. We don't know if Bella is tied in with the Jolina/Jenna stuff yet either so that could also end up a 3way.

I have a question? What happens if the one we pick is the third in the will? Will we get heart broken or happy ending?
At first I was sure they would get a happy ending anyway but something Ace said made me think heart break is a coming.

We know that when the time came people would have some issues replaying such a long game just to see all the specific endings for the girls/outcomes they want to end up with (or hunting the potential combinations who can/do work out in the small groupings), not to mention if you happen to be in love with a gold digger >=), which is why we came up with the quickstart mod. I think it was all rather well thought out and implemented. Probably mostly happened by accident.
Talking about the restart feature and bringing up the gold digger and not wanting to play all the way through again makes it sound like picking her will end badly.

Or I might be reading too much into it.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah I think that implementation is genius, I mean what more could you want? Never seen something that complete before. Personally though, I just track the script as I go.
Well. Since you asked, it would be awesome if there was a way to look at all variables/flags in the different quick-starts and identify when they get set. That would let those of us who aren't hardcore enough to dive into the code (but still clearly crazy enough to obsess over this...) figure out how to zero in on a desired outcome when doing a full playthrough.

But that's a pretty minor improvement that would probably take a lot of work. The system is already pretty darn good as it is.

Reactions: acewinz

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
At first I was sure they would get a happy ending anyway but something Ace said made me think heart break is a coming.

Talking about the restart feature and bringing up the gold digger and not wanting to play all the way through again makes it sound like picking her will end badly.

Or I might be reading too much into it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so what your saying is i could be right about a gut punch ending with Monica and her condition could be for the MC to lose his money and just using herself or even Katie to do it maybe without Katie even knowing

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think it's safe to assume not everyone will be finishing the game a very happy bunny. Seeing as they could lose the money and potentially love interests too.

Wonder if anyone is on their way to losing everything.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Lily or i'm fucked and not in the good way.

Granted I have a lot of playthroughs but Lily is my main.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
It says in the OP episode 19 but when you hit the download button it says episode 19 beta ... so is it the full episode or not??

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
a rookie question:
Does having high relationship scores (not love / lust ones) have any major negative effects going forward?
there are characters that even if I don't care as LI, I don't want to treat badly just for strategy

Reactions: Andrew Rider

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Wasn't there a MAC port?
sorry to bother but what happened to the Mac version? I've been waiting on this one.... can someone please link? thank you kindly
Cheeky was in the process of uploading all the variations we support (mac included) on our website/patreon for the full/bugfixed version (no patch) last I heard some hours ago. It's a long process and he is probably asleep now, but when he gets up he will probably make an updated post on our patreon.

a rookie question:
Does having high relationship scores (not love / lust ones) have any major negative effects going forward?
there are characters that even if I don't care as LI, I don't want to treat badly just for strategy
Having high relationship scores for people won't have negative effects, even having high lust won't force you into having sex. But having low scores will obviously limit how much people are willing to do/help for you, with lust only limiting you sexually.

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
I got this error after Jenna's sex scene, when clicking on continue at episode summary.

what is the problem?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Episode15.rpy", line 3, in script call
    call ph_changetextboxcb from _call_ph_changetextboxcb
ScriptError: could not find label 'ph_changetextboxcb'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E:\Adult Games\CheekyGimp\Where_The_Heart_Is_PC_Ep18_full\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "E:\Adult Games\CheekyGimp\Where_The_Heart_Is_PC_Ep18_full\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Where The Heart Is Ep18
Wed Dec 23 10:47:37 2020

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I got this error after Jenna's sex scene, when clicking on continue at episode summary.

what is the problem?

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "E:\Adult Games\CheekyGimp\Where_The_Heart_Is_PC_Ep18_full\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
  File "E:\Adult Games\CheekyGimp\Where_The_Heart_Is_PC_Ep18_full\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Where The Heart Is Ep18
You haven't updated to EP19 by the looks of it and that error code usually appears when you use a mod.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018

what is the problem?

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Where The Heart Is Ep18
The mod.

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
Cheeky never designed the game to be a harem, the ability to duck and dodge with your cheating was actually intended primarily to allow people to do exactly what they are doing. See the maximum amount of content with the least amount of playthrough (and enjoying the cheating if that is their thing), with minimal dialog and virtually no scenes missed vs a solo playthrough for a girl (but people have and do maintain them anyway for their own continuity in anticipation of the endgame).

We know that when the time came people would have some issues replaying such a long game just to see all the specific endings for the girls/outcomes they want to end up with (or hunting the potential combinations who can/do work out in the small groupings), not to mention if you happen to be in love with a gold digger >=), which is why we came up with the quickstart mod. I think it was all rather well thought out and implemented. Probably mostly happened by accident. :D
"if you happen to be in love with a gold digger >=)"

I suppose that's a clue and if we were reading the lines carefully, we can now know who is the real gold-digger, don't we? ;)

I've avoided her like Covid-19 and hopefully flush her out when the time comes.

• Haha
Reactions: freedom.call
4.40 star(s) 324 Votes