Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
I mean the archive is corrupted. The WinRar files cannot extra without notificaiton of wonky files. The game doesn't even run.
Zip files... Make sure your Winrar is up-to-date, that should solve your problem.
Oh, and before "but muh winrar is up-to-date", actually make sure. Even if you have to download & install fresh.

If that doesn't work, use 7zip instead.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Zip files... Make sure your Winrar is up-to-date, that should solve your problem.
Oh, and before "but muh winrar is up-to-date", actually make sure. Even if you have to download & install fresh.

If that doesn't work, use 7zip instead.
That isn't the problem. Seems you not been paying attention lately either Snuggles ;)

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Seems you not been paying attention lately either Snuggles ;)
You uh... you might want to try reading what he wrote, one more time.:unsure:

"The archive is corrupted" as in, unable to extract the game from it's archived state as a .ZIP FILE (which he called a rar file, which I take to mean that he sees winrar icons, so is using winrar).

He is not talking about the "corrupt/missing" image, the actual compressed archive file itself.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I mean the archive is corrupted. The WinRar files cannot extra without notificaiton of wonky files. The game doesn't even run.
You uh... you might want to try reading what he wrote, one more time.:unsure:

"The archive is corrupted" as in, unable to extract the game from it's archived state as a .ZIP FILE (which he called a rar file, which I take to mean that he sees winrar icons, so is using winrar).

He is not talking about the "corrupt/missing" image, the actual compressed archive file itself.
It gives a corrupted archive message, which is correct, it does. He never said it wouldn't extract at all.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It gives a corrupted archive message, which is correct, it does. He never said it wouldn't extract at all.
He hasn't posted a screenshot, hasn't written what the error message says, so we don't know if it is the checksum error problem, so you can't automatically make the assumption that it's the checksum error from earlier.

Based on what he's written, I've given the most correct information. If he's provided the wrong information, that's on his head, not mine.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i am getting this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Episode19.rpy", line 5366, in script
    $Llesb += 5
  File "game/Episode19.rpy", line 5366, in <module>
    $Llesb += 5
NameError: name 'Llesb' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Episode19.rpy", line 5366, in script
    $Llesb += 5
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep18-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/Episode19.rpy", line 5366, in <module>
    $Llesb += 5
NameError: name 'Llesb' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Where The Heart Is Ep19Beta1
Mon Dec 21 16:41:19 2020

there is nothing to do, right?

I have to wait for the new version. am I just missing some images?

Reactions: SNOW 777

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
PLS! Anybody i need save for end of Ep.18?
I lose byself, and i totaly f..ked to play all way agayn!

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
PLS! Anybody i need save for end of Ep.18?
I lose byself, and i totaly f..ked to play all way agayn!
have you checked option "start from any episode" (or something like that), when game starts?
there is nothing to do, right?

I have to wait for the new version. am I just missing some images?
not a"missing images" case, probably has been reported already, try to search the thread a bit.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
this was acewinz ' s response. I didn't find anything after that

I am committed, I swear! I looked for:cry:
I like you felice so for once around here, I'll be nice and polite and helpful. Extract Ep19 as normal, ignore the error (take not of image title).

Take image out of your old game folder....paste it into the Ep19 corresponding game/images folder. Done. Enjoy, play, be happy. If you already played past Ep14...then don't even bother doing that as it's unimportant anyway now.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
after my first run (to see a bit of everything, it was a run with very questionable morality ...)

fully promoted game, I had already said it when I was halfway through, it often gave me the impression that it could fall into nonsense clichés and dramas but it has always solved the "mysteries" and situations in a plausible and pleasant way.

I almost never managed to play more than one chapter a day, a really "dense" game (in a positive sense)

I see the value of writing in how it made deserving characters who at the beginning had really interested me very little, such as Zarah with a very questionable behavior, who initially seems to exploit Monica's weakness, while slowly the portrait of a former huntress comes out, she has to deal with the fact that she is now just an easy prey, or Elaine who has to make up for everything she did before the game started.

even Bella, who I still believe is Satan and that in the end we will have to cut off her head and burn her body on a full moon night, is still an interesting character in her interactions, sexual and otherwise.

the only character I keep having problems with is Jenna, she makes me really uncomfortable, we have created a monster, now she is completely unbridled, without fear and without remorse ... I'm too old for her ...

now I still have to elaborate a bit and then I will bore you with some unsolicited reflection / hypothesis

Benares

May 12, 2017
I like you felice so for once around here, I'll be nice and polite and helpful. Extract Ep19 as normal, ignore the error (take not of image title).

Take image out of your old game folder....paste it into the Ep19 corresponding game/images folder. Done. Enjoy, play, be happy. If you already played past Ep14...then don't even bother doing that as it's unimportant anyway now.
I wouldn't be polite with HappyButAsshole, you never know how he would treat you afterward, he's an asshole by (his) choice

(sorry felicemastronzo, everytime i read one of your post i start laughin because of your nick)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I played a little bit in every direction in the last chapter, with particular attention to team building activities at the beach house.

and I noticed something that I don't understand perfectly. I put everything under spoilers to avoid revealing anything

if MC is in a serious relationship with Lily he can leave after confessing his love
he can do the same if he's related to Debbie.
but if he is related to both of them he can only declare himself to Lily, whereas previously Debbie practically declares herself towards him. why don't you love Debbie ??!?

then again about Debbie, if we don't waste time with Bella and Elaine we might save the economic damage for the bottles but we lose a lot of dialogue with the girls (in theory, more time with them corresponds to fewer statements) and above all Debbie does not declare that she she is in love with 2 people ... maybe in this case I have given the explanation, and it is "in vino veritas", only half drunk the girls have the courage to say certain things or not

another oddity that I do not know if it is casual or linked to the future plot: if we are "engaged" with Lily and we do not encourage the two girls, when in the threesome we have sex with Lily we are forced to stuff her, without the usual choice for control of births ...
I am ready to take my responsibilities in the case

I'm not a fan of crowds, but overall I liked the scene a lot, for the sex and for the dialogues that really try to contemplate the different possibilities.

maybe it's all a bit too consoling towards the player / MC, for example Debbie should get mad if we spoil the declaration towards Lily, and I'm not referring to any lost RP, that is a bastard that deserves punishment

Now it might seem like I'm obsessed with Debbie ...:love: don't tell that to Lily

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I played a little bit in every direction in the last chapter, with particular attention to team building activities at the beach house.

and I noticed something that I don't understand perfectly. I put everything under spoilers to avoid revealing anything

if MC is in a serious relationship with Lily he can leave after confessing his love
he can do the same if he's related to Debbie.
but if he is related to both of them he can only declare himself to Lily, whereas previously Debbie practically declares herself towards him. why don't you love Debbie ??!?

then again about Debbie, if we don't waste time with Bella and Elaine we might save the economic damage for the bottles but we lose a lot of dialogue with the girls (in theory, more time with them corresponds to fewer statements) and above all Debbie does not declare that she she is in love with 2 people ... maybe in this case I have given the explanation, and it is "in vino veritas", only half drunk the girls have the courage to say certain things or not

another oddity that I do not know if it is casual or linked to the future plot: if we are "engaged" with Lily and we do not encourage the two girls, when in the threesome we have sex with Lily we are forced to stuff her, without the usual choice for control of births ...
I am ready to take my responsibilities in the case

I'm not a fan of crowds, but overall I liked the scene a lot, for the sex and for the dialogues that really try to contemplate the different possibilities.

maybe it's all a bit too consoling towards the player / MC, for example Debbie should get mad if we spoil the declaration towards Lily, and I'm not referring to any lost RP, that is a bastard that deserves punishment

Now it might seem like I'm obsessed with Debbie ...:love: don't tell that to Lily
Nothing wrong with being obsessed with Lily and Debbie. Two best girls in the game other than Wanda.

Benares

May 12, 2017
do not reveal my secrets like this !!

(it's a real name, not my real name: Felice Mastronzo, it was love at first sight)
I would have sued my parents and paid a visit to the general register office as soon as i was of legal age.
Ok your surname sucks, there's nothing you can do about it. But choosing the worst possible name to pair it should be illegal.
unfortunately there's plenty of sadist parents here in Italy, as you know :D

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I would have sued my parents and paid a visit to the general register office as soon as i was of legal age.
Ok your surname sucks, there's nothing you can do about it. But choosing the worst possible name to pair it should be illegal.
unfortunately there's plenty of sadic parents here in Italy, as you know :D
and I honor his courage for carrying this stigma for years:cry::cool:

Nothing wrong with being obsessed with Lily and Debbie. Two best girls in the game other than Wanda.
my rating has changed a bit compared to that made in the middle of the game.

Debbie has earned a lot of points, initially I considered her a "side dish" to Lily, but she deserves a lot. but Lily probably retains the top.

Monica, on the other hand, has lost points, her reactions to possible problems are too cold, practically if MC leaves her her reaction is basically always "better this way".

Katie, however intrusive and jealous (rightly or wrongly) is the one most linked to the MC, she is the main LI in my opinion, in terms of importance. she is the first one to whom MC talks about the will and its conditions, and she is the one who reassures him the most in that.

I felt so guilty with Jolina for how Jenna stalked her, that she earned points too, a kind of guilt path against me ...

Wanda could be one of the funniest paths, who knows if she will be accompanied by Angel or will it be a solo trip. by far the best investment, very rich and submissive ...

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes