Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
True, guess the MC has shitty friends because we've never seen a single one of them in this game and none of them offered him a place to stay or was ever mentioned again. LOL

Good thing he had the money for a hotel room and that Monica contacted him... Not fun being homeless.
I did have to laugh now you mentioned it.

Not one of his friends is spoken of again it's like "I have all these women now, I no longer need you peasants".

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I did have to laugh now you mentioned it.

Not one of his friends is spoken of again it's like "I have all these women now, I no longer need you peasants".
MC staring at the contact list on his phone: "Should I call Dave or should I go see what Katie and her two hot friends are doing?"

<MC deletes Dave's number and tosses his phone onto the bed>

MC yelling: "Katie when are Debbie and Lily coming over?"

:ROFLMAO:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh, and while I'm at it:
Haha! It was intended actually. :D We were trying something new with a simulated breathing effect similar to what we do with blinking.
Anyone actually feel it improved the experience/immersion?
I didn't really like it; I thought it was a bit distracting.

But to be fair, I thought the same about blinking the first time I encountered it, and I've grown rather fond of it since then. So I don't want to make any snap judgements.

On a final note, I thought the new title screen was too busy. The pictures are nice, but there are a lot of them and they don't draw the eye to the actual title - which compounds the problem by being in small, elaborate text, in a light color on a light background, in the upper right corner of the screen.
Ep_20_Title_screen.jpg
If the title stood out more, or were in a more prominent location (usually the center, top left or bottom right in the English speaking world), I could probably get behind it. But as is, I feel like it's failing at the one thing you expect a title screen to do.

Sheesh, I'm being all negative here. Let's see, what else can I praise? Oh, right!
Best_Swimsuit_Yet.jpg
Debbie always looks good, of course, but I really liked her new suit. :)

Last edited:

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
i believe the lawyer was talking about Elaine as she told the MC she has seen the will before and also has been visiting that second lawyer and thats how she knows about the MCs will condition, i also think the 3rd person is Theresa and thats why she wants the MC to keep visiting her nothing to do with him being a sinner
I know where you get that but that is exactly why I said and pointed out the clear statement made by the lawyer and that is that he has been in contact with that person ( physical or otherwise ) only merely twice and following everything so far it has shown that Elaine has been in contact with that lawyer more then twice so for that sole reason I absolved her.

The second thing is that the lawyer mentioned they knew about the wills, the problem is while this does bring Elaine in question as she does mention having had a talk about the will previously, it is clearly made not only through that conversation but the game as a whole that she did not know about the conditions and or that the wills has so much ramifications and as such if she did, she would have done everything she can to follow the will on her side to a T. Her main goal is and apparently always has been the main house nothing more nothing less. It does not seem she is actually out for the money but merely for the house.

The warning is more about the gold digger in itself as it has been hinted that is someone they know, Theresa is not someone either of them know or knew other then the MC just recently meeting her. And the reason she wants to keep on meeting the MC is because she is merely some deranged slut at least that is from what I have gathered so far, so given the info so far that we have gotten from both the lawyer and the fortune teller, she does not match "Dizzy the Viper" .

While Elaine might not be truthful there is nowhere in the game where the MC outright asks her if she was the one who sends the email ( as far as I can remember ) the only time anything remotely close is asked is by the MC asking her about it is if she was avoiding Cup of Jo's, which she says she does not feel like getting a cup of coffee, never after has he or someone else bothered to ask her if she wants to go there again or not. That was a one thing and way to small to take in to account, had he asked it multiple times though and she was making excuses to not go anytime that would have made it more substantial.

Also I see a lot of people mentioning Jo and Bella working together and I for the LIFE of me cannot find anything that supports this so could these people please point out where in the game the hints for this is so I can check em out myself ?
If Jo was indeed in cahoots with Bella then when you showed the picture with the dad and Elaine in the back ground on the phone and the mention of her name then Jo would have right at that moment then and there had every opportunity to point the finger and she did not do so, so I am having a hard time with Jo working together with anyone to blame Elaine.

Last but not least before the visit of Jenna and MC to that coffee place, Jo makes it clear she just got to own that place recently, I think she had it for a mere 6 weeks or so. So again someone please point me out where in game it so much as hints that they are possibly working together.

JoraKoch

Jan 2, 2020
Thank you all for replies! I was skipping looking for a render where MC looks at computer screen or something like that instead of reading the text :FacePalm:

efb51

Aug 15, 2019
Downloaded Where the Heart Is [Ep.20] but at the end of EP-19 that was all.What happen to EP-20? This game was going well until now and hated to replay the 19th EP again. I am giving this game a 8 out of 10 stars but maybe more when it's fixed.

• Haha
Reactions: acewinz

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Quick question anyone know at what chapter the MC sits in his room listening to the will conditions of his father ? I have been trying to find it and I don't feel like starting from scratch to find fuck all right now.... so if someone can point me roughly in what chapter it starts would be much appreciated.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Now you might say that isn't a fair analogy, because the obvious solution is to stop being a lying weasel and pick a manageable number of girls: endings with one girl ARE the standard game over (and endings with multiple girls are the perfect score equivalents). And for me that works just fine, so I'm inclined to say mission accomplished. But I do think the people who enjoy playing as a lying weasel in AVNs may have a valid point if they feel a little misled. As @Holy Bacchus mentioned, that's hardly uncommon behavior in this genre; these games are harmless fun, after all. So why did this game lead them to believe they could get away with it for so long only to pull the rug out at the end?
This game, whilst it has had things like psycho possessive Katie and other characters express some unwillingness to share, hasn't done, in my view, a particularly great job in dispelling the harem notion. It reminds me of games like The Visit, No More Secrets, and Acting Lessons where it was only at the end of the game where the preverbial rug was/could be pulled out from under the player with little indication that it would go bad if you made the wrong decision(s), relationship-wise. We here have the benefit of knowledge from the devs themselves that this won't end well if you pursue everyone or even a few, but it is easy to see how people can think that it just might work out when they don't know that.

Honestly, with the exception of Being A DIK, there aren't many games I can think of that do make it feel like you are going to have problems dating multiple women and I think it can be quite a difficult thing to do in this genre. Even the most despicable, duplictious, she-devil in a game will have their fans and people wanting to have an ending with them, even if the game were to make it abundantly clear that she and the MC are on opposite ends of the moral spectrum.

I don't think we needed to see Lily and Debbie making out if the MC turned them down.
Reminds me of another game where we didn't need to see that when the MC got rejected by 2 girls. :cautious:

On a final note, I thought the new title screen was too busy. The pictures are nice, but there are a lot of them and don't draw the eye to the actual title - which compounds the problem by being in small, elaborate text, in a light color on a light background, in the upper right corner of the screen.
It's a lot different than what I was led to believe it would be. I made that title banner for them and was shown this quickly put together image of how it would look in a scene (this was without putting it in to DAZ and with appropriate lighting):
I reckon there was supposed to be characters from the game, probably the main ones, sitting on and around the sofa, but I guess, for whatever reason, they decided against it and went with this odd scrapbook style instead.

Reactions: ename144

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
After playing through the game again for the new update, I realized I just don't care for this game all that much anymore. I'm in the same camp as a few people in here, when it started it felt like a harem game, and to now find out the choices you made at the start completely screw over your ending feels bad.

The "choose your chapter" start feels like a dev had an o shit moment and is using that as a "fix" for people after they realized most people playing would have had there saves fucked. Not sure why so many games have such a hard time sticking the ending, tons of games (like this one) start off sooooo strong but just fall flat.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
After playing through the game again for the new update, I realized I just don't care for this game all that much anymore. I'm in the same camp as a few people in here, when it started it felt like a harem game, and to now find out the choices you made at the start completely screw over your ending feels bad.

The "choose your chapter" start feels like a dev had an o shit moment and is using that as a "fix" for people after they realized most people playing would have had there saves fucked. Not sure why so many games have such a hard time sticking the ending, tons of games (like this one) start off sooooo strong but just fall flat.
this never was going to be a harem, it gave enough freedom for you to get most of the content but that would come at a cost towards the end, it has been said countless times for almost 2 years now it is not an harem game try and catch them all at your on risk, there will be a few groups but mostly solo LI endings like it was always planned to be

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I know where you get that but that is exactly why I said and pointed out the clear statement made by the lawyer and that is that he has been in contact with that person ( physical or otherwise ) only merely twice and following everything so far it has shown that Elaine has been in contact with that lawyer more then twice so for that sole reason I absolved her.
I absolved Elaine because she was never cold to other people, even Bella points out how she treated the MC was unusual behaviour and brought on by his dad.

She was never cold to the MC, just stopped interacting with him. It was brought up in this update how they used to enjoy a meal together like an actual family, his dad put a stop to it.

She may have sent the e-mail but as far as anyone else has said, even the MC himself, she was never cold and manipulative just distant and ignorant.

The devs have said, many, many, many times it was never a harem game.

They let you sleep with everyone to see if you'd get yourself in the shit. You were given the choices and there were always going to be consequences.

Even the girls in the game said they wouldn't share. The fact you ignored everything is on you.

hisstoryman

Jul 1, 2018
Having followed this forum and the Patreon feed, I never got the impression that this was ever going to be harem. I remember Cheeky tinkering with the idea of certain main girls willing to share for a scene or two, but one man one woman seems to have been the intended trajectory from the start. With no siblings and mom dead I don't see a incest patch being a sensible thing unless the patch maker wants to do a lot of rewriting. However Cheeky mentioned possibly doing a fuck Patreon build with incest after the game is completed.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Downloaded Where the Heart Is [Ep.20] but at the end of EP-19 that was all.What happen to EP-20? This game was going well until now and hated to replay the 19th EP again. I am giving this game a 8 out of 10 stars but maybe more when it's fixed.
I had no issues with ep 20.

She may have sent the e-mail but as far as anyone else has said,
I am not sure that I would trust those pics after they have been doctored by two computer oriented women.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Honestly, even though this game was never intended to be a harem game or even one where you could "have 'em all" with little fallout but not end with all of them, I think it's really quite difficult to do any adult game and not have people wanting to end up with every single female character they fuck along the way.

The escapism of these games is so often predicated on the notion that infidelity and womanising will be rewarded and that even if it causes some friction/break-ups, it will always be salvageable, and it's hard to dispell that once it's ingrained in people's heads. You could make a game with just 2 LIs, have them say in absolutely clear English that they will not tolerate a guy who sleeps around and/or leads them on, and people will still hope for an ending with both of them.

Perhaps more games, including this one, should be including more consequential choices earlier on or perhaps even lean more into branching whereby you have to choose one girl over the other at certain points and this will determine your relationships, because one thing this game suffers from, which others do too, is that the MC can do pretty much everything with everyone in every episode one after the other, and because they can do that, it makes people feel like that can have everyone because no-one has to be left out or avoided and they're able to maintain all these relationships simultaneously. But if they couldn't do that and had to choose between one or the other throughout the game, then that could maybe go some ways to making it clear you can't have them all because your time is being split between them.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
this never was going to be a harem, it gave enough freedom for you to get most of the content but that would come at a cost towards the end, it has been said countless times for almost 2 years now it is not an harem game try and catch them all at your on risk, there will be a few groups but mostly solo LI endings like it was always planned to be
Thats fine if that is what the dev said, but to be frank there are 1100 pages of comments, and this site isnt the most user friendly for searching.

Just from playing the game, until chapter 19/20 there isn't a time where any of the girls are flat out refusing sharing. There are no consequences in playing, by fooling around with everyone and you can keep every path open, even now in chapter 20 nothing is closed off.

Out of all the girls Katie is the only one who has shown to be against it, and even then you have a fucking 4some with her 2 best friends. So no, playing this game is plays exactly like a harem game. The only reason to say otherwise is because of some comments made by the dev, not by the gameplay. So yea if people get put off by that its really not some crazy thing players are reaching for. In 2 years of updates, in the actual gameplay there has been nothing shown that would lead a player to believe the harem is a bad path and wont happen.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
IJolina is still a suspected gold digger, I wonder if she didn't video the little session with the MC and Jenna to use later.
Jolina and Bella are both gold diggers. Whether one of them is the 3rd woman (I would suspect Bella) is not known. However, one doesn't have to be the 3rd woman to be a gold digger.

Reactions: CheekyGimp

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Honestly, even though this game was never intended to be a harem game or even one where you could "have 'em all" with little fallout but not end with all of them, I think it's really quite difficult to do any adult game and not have people wanting to end up with every single female character they fuck along the way.

The escapism of these games is so often predicated on the notion that infidelity and womanising will be rewarded and that even if it causes some friction/break-ups, it will always be salvageable, and it's hard to dispell that once it's ingrained in people's heads. You could make a game with just 2 LIs, have them say in absolutely clear English that they will not tolerate a guy who sleeps around and/or leads them on, and people will still hope for an ending with both of them.

Perhaps more games, including this one, should be including more consequential choices earlier on or perhaps even lean more into branching whereby you have to choose one girl over the other at certain points and this will determine your relationships, because one thing this game suffers from, which others do too, is that the MC can do pretty much everything with everyone in every episode one after the other, and because they can do that, it makes people feel like that can have everyone because no-one has to be left out or avoided and they're able to maintain all these relationships simultaneously. But if they couldn't do that and had to choose between one or the other throughout the game, then that could maybe go some ways to making it clear you can't have them all because your time is being split between them.
but thats not the devs fault they only gave the option its up to the player to choose to try and catch them all or not and if they try and it all comes crashing down then its the players fault, because they have been told over and over again both on here and in game that it is not an harem, most of the girls in game have told the MC they will not share him so what do players expect to happen if they try and fuck around on a girl who has said that, i have 5 saves where i have only slept with the girl im chasing there is no need for every game to be an harem if people cant make a choice in LI then thats on them

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes