acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
ROFL. You don't really understand this biz. Besides the fact that in the 2 years I've been working on the game CG has never told us he was sick enough it impacted his work till now. Second he paused patreon so he isn't getting paid, but Cell and I are still working/earning (Cell more than me, I have a day job now). Third, we have hired/tried half a dozen people on the team in the last several years and they didn't work out save poor CellStudios. Half of them found the workload/time investment too heavy (and the pay you seem to think is stellar, usually amounts to less than minimum wage for the time investment for all of us), the other half honestly couldn't hack it. Two of those we tried, ghosted mid project and one even tried to blackmail us to complete work he was already paid for. lol

This is honestly a side project for a small team. Our game is more complex than most out there, even getting someone up to speed on how to manage certain aspects takes a month. You don't have to pay us (especially on a pirate forum...), but I think when we put out updates we deliver. There are only a handful of really dedicated dev teams with regular releases for these types of games. While some higher earning guys around here make a lot more than us, and put out 20 min updates twice a year... if that. We are probably in the middle, but at least never BS. Anyway /end rant.

Last edited:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Spoken like a true non-patron!

ROFL. You don't really understand this biz. Besides the fact that in the 2 years I've been working on the game CG has never told us he was sick enough it impacted his work till now. Second he paused patreon so he isn't getting paid, but Cell and I are still working/earning (Cell more than me, I have a day job now). Third, we have hired/tried half a dozen people on the team in the last several years and they didn't work out save poor CellStudios. Half of them found the workload/time investment too heavy (and the pay you seem to think is stellar, usually amounts to less than minimum wage for the time investment for all of us), the other half honestly couldn't hack it. Two of those we tried, ghosted mid project and one even tried to blackmail us to complete work he was already paid for. lol

This is honestly a side project for a small team. Our game is more complex than most out there, even getting someone up to speed on how to manage certain aspects takes a month. You don't have to pay us (especially on a pirate forum...), but I think when we put out updates we deliver. There are only a handful of really dedicated dev teams with regular releases for these types of games. While some higher earning guys around here make a lot more than us, and put out 20 min updates twice a year... if that. We are probably in the middle, but at least never BS. Anyway /end rant.
Exactly, we've tried hiring and it never seems to work out :unsure:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Not all non patrons are idjits... there are many but not all.
Oh I know, I don't like bashing non-patrons and I don't want it to come across that way. Non-patrons do play a vital role when it comes to testing, you just always get those entitled few who think they can dictate a game without helping ( and I'm not just talking about financial help ).

As I see it, there are 2 kinds of non-patrons, the 1st are the ones who play the game and love it ot hate it, they'll give detailed feedback about the good and the bad. And the 2nd kind play the game, hate it and bitch about it without saying why they hate it or love it and don't say why they love it. And then of course there is the ever alusive 3rd kind who don't tell you if they love it ot hate it and just bitch about delays :p

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Oh I know, I don't like bashing non-patrons and I don't want it to come across that way. Non-patrons do play a vital role when it comes to testing, you just always get those entitled few who think they can dictate a game without helping ( and I'm not just talking about financial help ).

As I see it, there are 2 kinds of non-patrons, the 1st are the ones who play the game and love it ot hate it, they'll give detailed feedback about the good and the bad. And the 2nd kind play the game, hate it and bitch about it without saying why they hate it or love it and don't say why they love it. And then of course there is the ever alusive 3rd kind who don't tell you if they love it ot hate it and just bitch about delays :p
You handled that post better than I would have. Just wanted you to know that idjit don't speak for all of us lol

Hope things get smoother :)

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
We are currently looking into this. It's going to be close. Apparently people with absolutely no information ranting like entitled lunatics and getting everything wrong is quite common on this forum. It's definitely stupid enough to crack the top 5 but until we've finished tallying up all the votes it's hard to say.

We will be sure to bring you updates as we get them, but it is looking good as it's moved into the top 3.

Last edited:

Eorzorian

Feb 13, 2018
8,754 before taxes and patreon's cut. If you have time to bitch about it then first try to calculate it down to get your point across rather than looking at numbers only. Game's director has every right to manage his game how he wants and also who he wants to have in a team. Cheeky has been very open about this and with updates and game going in a big variety of paths it is normal that the development is more time consuming. It isnt about the sheer manpower only. To be able understand such things is not hard for any average human being.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
8,754 before taxes and patreon's cut. If you have time to bitch about it then first try to calculate it down to get your point across rather than looking at numbers only. Game's director has every right to manage his game how he wants and also who he wants to have in a team. Cheeky has been very open about this and with updates and game going in a big variety of paths it is normal that the development is more time consuming. It isnt about the sheer manpower only. To be able understand such things is not hard for any average human being.
You sir deserve a star. There is also the cost of the assets (we do actually pay for them), and there is also a small cost for monetary conversions which hits both ways when using paypal to pay people (patreon to paypal converts to Euro or pound that CG uses, and then he has to convert it back to US dollars to pay me and occasionally others).

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I'm not sure when Ace was hired, I was hired in April of 2020 and I know Ace was there a while before me, I think he came into the game around episode 8 if I'm not mistaken :unsure:
I applied in April of 2019, but CG didn't come back to pick me up till October of 2019. :p

Reactions: MrFriendly

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
I've been away for a few months, so no games for me. Just played through the last two chapters. Now my "detective hard on" is back. Can't wait for next.

• Haha
Reactions: RichietheReapa
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes