Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I loved those crossovers! Just awesome.
I played My Sister My Roommate before playing Where the Heart is, so at that time wasn't familiar with Kate and Lily's cameo on the beach. When I saw them in the restaurant scene it all made sense and I was blown away.
Yes, the shared universe across different devs games is a great touch. Hope to see more of it.
If the games use the same assets it's just because they are ready made and you can buy them for a few bucks on DAZ library.
Many devs are choosing to use those prefabs just because they either can't model their own or don't have time to do so.
Making such a game is time consuming and if a dev is alone and should do everything, he would need one year of work between two updates.
So that "shared universe" is the sign of "fast food" game made quick by an overwhelmed dev.;)
How many times have i seen the standard park, the groceries store, the colthing store, the same VW beetle and so on and on and on.....:ROFLMAO:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
If the games use the same assets it's just because they are ready made and you can buy them for a few bucks on DAZ library.
Many devs are choosing to use those prefabs just because they either can't model their own or don't have time to do so.
Making such a game is time consuming and if a dev is alone and should do everything, he would need one year of work between two updates.
So that "shared universe" is the sign of "fast food" game made quick by an overwhelmed dev.;)
How many times have i seen the standard park, the groceries store, the colthing store, the same VW beetle and so on and on and on.....:ROFLMAO:
I still contend that the standard park is a nexus point linking all these games. I want devs to have cameos with other games characters in the park (or the clothing store) to support my hypothesis.

• Haha
Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
FFS why is there no option to completely remove characters we don't want? I was only interested in the 2 sisters, but the other girls kept showing up even thought selected the choices that were supposed to end the relationships. Is there a sex scene with Katie and Jenna near the end of the current version that I missed because I picked the red options when there were other characters present?
There will never be a sex scene with Katie and Jenna. They are sisters and this is not an incest game unless you use a mod. Even then the creator of the mod would have to render new scenes to have a scene with them happen. The closest you get is when the MC plays with both of them during a massage (?) scene.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

zajaz

Jan 11, 2020
Well, I, for one, like the fact that you can play the game practically without sexy times. I love how rejecting any girl's advance will make them go either :HideThePain: or :WaitWhat:. I don't like forced romances, so this makes me happy.:KEK:

Mcclane101

Apr 18, 2018
Well, I, for one, like the fact that you can play the game practically without sexy times. I love how rejecting any girl's advance will make them go either :HideThePain: or :WaitWhat:. I don't like forced romances, so this makes me happy.:KEK:
Yes, this is one of things that attracts me the most in the game. I like that I can say no to any of them. I hate in games, when I end up in sexual situations having made no choices that put me there.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Yes, this is one of things that attracts me the most in the game. I like that I can say no to any of them. I hate in games, when I end up in sexual situations having made no choices that put me there.
You can say no to them all you want. They will be back 5 minutes later.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Yes it's nice but in this game if you reject all girls, the game becomes very short, in my second playthrough, i just selected two girls and what i can say is that i lost 50% of the game comparing to my previous playthrough!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You can say no to them all you want. They will be back 5 minutes later.
They'll still be around, but that makes sense: people don't disintegrate when a potential lover rejects them. But for the most part they accept the decision and act like surrogate family/friends/acquaintances depending on how well they know the MC.

The main exceptions are Zarah and Bella. Zarah seems to be hardwired for innuendo and lasciviousness; combine that with the devs insisting on offering us a new chance with her after each of her numerous character remodels and she's obnoxiously persistent. Bella, on the other hand, seems to just be borderline obsessed with the MC; she wouldn't stop throwing herself at the MC until they reworked Chapter 19 after some complaints (at which point she merely tries to walk up and hug him). Given her potential roles in the story, it's hard to say if this is a deliberate character trait, an tool to maintain her presence in each player's story, or some combination of the two.

Those cases aside, however, I think the game does a good job letting us rejects girls. The seems show on occasion (the MC's numerous asides referencing how tricky it will be to talk to one girl about another come to mind), but overall I feel like the girls behave in appropriate manners. Even notoriously jealous Katie seems to accept the MC isn't into her if you just turn her down flat.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Except Jolina, you have to go on at least one date with her or it's game over...

But I think Cheeky has learned from that and it, hopefully, won't happen again. Otherwise I will just have to bring it up every chance I get! Kinda like right now :)

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
Yes it's nice but in this game if you reject all girls, the game becomes very short, in my second playthrough, i just selected two girls and what i can say is that i lost 50% of the game comparing to my previous playthrough!
Yeah but I like that. You can do all the girls paths in one playthrough and get all the content (and there is a lot with each of them, not just the main girls which I appreciate since often the side girls are shafted), nothing is closed off. If people want to restrict themselves there will be less content which is better than having generic forced content that everyone gets no matter what.

This game is also very well paced, unlike other games here where they delay sex scenes for years. Overall one of my favourite games on this site (top 3).

• Red Heart
Reactions: acewinz

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
All the women in the game have a role to play so they will all get a certain amount of time. As far as the forced date with Jolina you are trying to get information out of her so it makes sense that you can't just ignore her. You don't have to have a relationship with any of them but that would make for a pretty boring game.

Toolman6971

Aug 27, 2018
Ok, this has been bothering me. Why the hell didnt the MC pick Katie up himself for their big date? Kind of a lame move.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Ok, this has been bothering me. Why the hell didnt the MC pick Katie up himself for their big date? Kind of a lame move.
If I ventured a guess, that was less MC mentality and more us wanting to spend more rendering time on the date/beach house. That was also the episode I joined the team, so Cheeky was needing help about then. :)

Toolman6971

Aug 27, 2018
If I ventured a guess, that was less MC mentality and more us wanting to spend more rendering time on the date/beach house. That was also the episode I joined the team, so Cheeky was needing help about then. :)
He's lucky she didnt kick his ass lol

vrdude18

Apr 24, 2021
Not really, a shared universe is the crossover of characters not locations or assets. Multiple movies can be filmed in the same city or movie set but it doesn't make them a shared universe unless the same characters are intentionally added.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Not really, a shared universe is the crossover of characters not locations or assets. Multiple movies can be filmed in the same city or movie set but it doesn't make them a shared universe unless the same characters are intentionally added.
Yes of course, but it was not the case here, we are talking about the fact that many devs use the same prefabs, so some started to think it was done on purpose.
But it's just the fact that you can buy some packs of various locations, houses, props and so on to build your game with DAZ studio.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes