Dec 29, 2018
I recently did a Debbie only run and I found it to be very disappointing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's a shame that the route is so bad, because Debbie was an early favourite of mine and I was hoping that her route could be the main one I played now that Katie has been heavily flanderized. Jenna's route was very tempting up until her creepy voyeurism got out of hand, so I'm slowly running out of options here. At this rate, my final choice for true love will be a big bag of money.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'm glad someone played the
I enjoyed writing that part even though I figured most people would avoid it, but thought some might just play it to see how the girls would interact in that event.

I did want to interject some on your

its still ilegal and not posible under the law i wil give you a legal example in the EU when you want to rent a home and the owner puts no pets alowed in the rent contract that does not mean you cant get a pet in your home even if you signed that contract becous it violates internatial human rights laws of privacy and personal freedom so the courts can not enforce the contract becouse that clouse is illegal nice game btw i realy like the jokes with the restorant guy
You are correct that an illegal contract is not enforceable. But, while I am not a lawyer, I don't see anything illegal about Donald's will. This is a state matter, but as far as I'm aware family members are not inherently entitled to an inheritance in any of the US states, or even under English common law. They have claims by default, but a valid will would override those claims. A wife would be a bit different, but the MC's mom is dead and AFAIK Elaine didn't actually marry Donald.

Donald could legally leave the MC with nothing if he so chooses. Likewise he can set up whatever hoops he wants, and it's then up to the MC to decide if he will jump through those hoops. If the MC agrees to the hoops in writing, he cannot then object to the terms he agreed to.

Well, I suppose he can, lawyers do love their billable hours after all. But it would be nearly impossible to convince a judge to waste time on such a case (unless the MC was claiming the terms were misrepresented or something like that).

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

It's a shame that the route is so bad, because Debbie was an early favourite of mine and I was hoping that her route could be the main one I played now that Katie has been heavily flanderized. Jenna's route was very tempting up until her creepy voyeurism got out of hand, so I'm slowly running out of options here. At this rate, my final choice for true love will be a big bag of money.
I disagree...

it is MC who forces his hand, Debbie goes to him to ask for his help in coming forward with Lily, her eternal love, while at the same time declaring her sexuality, and she does it with Mc before everyone else.
It doesn't seem like the perfect time to declare himself... but Mc does it anyway, and it's not like he didn't know about Lily...

and in spite of the situation Debbie doesn't reject him, but she needs to get Lily out of her head, who has been her focus for a long time.

MC is looking for a complicated situation, he can't expect Debbie to be nicer than she is.

Of course at that point he goes to the opposite extreme, when even though MC initially says he doesn't want to help her, he ends up being ready to help her both in the evening at the beach house, but even goes so far as to offer to pay the girls for a spa stay in order to give them another chance... I would say that was a little too selfless...

From then on Debbie never pretends not to know how MC feels and always takes it into account, but at the same time she wants to understand if Lily is the right woman...

and at that point MC forces his hand again, understandably, but that's it, pulling down the curtain at the party (when Debbie has already told him that by kissing Lily she was actually thinking of him and that she basically chose him) declaring himself to Debbie in front of everyone.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018

I disagree...

it is MC who forces his hand, Debbie goes to him to ask for his help in coming forward with Lily, her eternal love, while at the same time declaring her sexuality, and she does it with Mc before everyone else.
It doesn't seem like the perfect time to declare himself... but Mc does it anyway, and it's not like he didn't know about Lily...

and in spite of the situation Debbie doesn't reject him, but she needs to get Lily out of her head, who has been her focus for a long time.

MC is looking for a complicated situation, he can't expect Debbie to be nicer than she is.

Of course at that point he goes to the opposite extreme, when even though MC initially says he doesn't want to help her, he ends up being ready to help her both in the evening at the beach house, but even goes so far as to offer to pay the girls for a spa stay in order to give them another chance... I would say that was a little too selfless...

From then on Debbie never pretends not to know how MC feels and always takes it into account, but at the same time she wants to understand if Lily is the right woman...

and at that point MC forces his hand again, understandably, but that's it, pulling down the curtain at the party (when Debbie has already told him that by kissing Lily she was actually thinking of him and that she basically chose him) declaring himself to Debbie in front of everyone.
In addition to what felicemastronzo said, there is more than one way to play out the Debbie solo and you also may have skipped a step.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
In addition to what felicemastronzo said, there is more than one way to play out the Debbie solo and you also may have skipped a step.
I would like to ask you an "indiscreet" question, it's my curiosity, I don't ask it to put you in trouble.

so if you can't, or won't, answer me, pretend you didn't read it and I'll pretend I didn't write it.

was the issue of the cost of the bottles of wine (from 10.000$ per bottle to 420$) drunk by the girls expected or was it a correction for the complaints of the stingy players?

thanks anyway

Scorpius888

Jul 26, 2020

You are correct that an illegal contract is not enforceable. But, while I am not a lawyer, I don't see anything illegal about Donald's will. This is a state matter, but as far as I'm aware family members are not inherently entitled to an inheritance in any of the US states, or even under English common law. They have claims by default, but a valid will would override those claims. A wife would be a bit different, but the MC's mom is dead and AFAIK Elaine didn't actually marry Donald.

Donald could legally leave the MC with nothing if he so chooses. Likewise he can set up whatever hoops he wants, and it's then up to the MC to decide if he will jump through those hoops. If the MC agrees to the hoops in writing, he cannot then object to the terms he agreed to.

Well, I suppose he can, lawyers do love their billable hours after all. But it would be nearly impossible to convince a judge to waste time on such a case (unless the MC was claiming the terms were misrepresented or something like that).
True in the US you can leave your kids nothing in the will But the demands in the will are illigal making the will illigal and therefore you take it to court and the will will be declared illigal so it does not exist in the eyes of the court so if there is no will everything goes to the child the best protection you can use in the US is marrige you marry Monica and nothing can come between a marriage people get married for legal reasons all the time no biggie i can give some exampels that would make it eazier to understand if the will said you get the money the only thing you have to do is cut off your arm or if you want the money you have to marry Bertha Mcpoo those things are not legal if you put in the will that you can only get the money once you are married that is in a legal gray zone still a lot of chance of getting it trown out of court but if the will has a clause that states you have to get your high school diploma before you get money the only thing that can gett you out of that is an act of God (legal term for something that is beyond your controle like an ilness)

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I would like to ask you an "indiscreet" question, it's my curiosity, I don't ask it to put you in trouble.

so if you can't, or won't, answer me, pretend you didn't read it and I'll pretend I didn't write it.

was the issue of the cost of the bottles of wine (from 10.000$ per bottle to 420$) drunk by the girls expected or was it a correction for the complaints of the stingy players?

thanks anyway
Haha! That was a case of Cheeky being Cheeky because of people whining about the price of wine! :D

True in the US you can leave your kids nothing in the will But the demands in the will are illigal making the will illigal and therefore you take it to court and the will will be declared illigal so it does not exist in the eyes of the court so if there is no will everything goes to the child the best protection you can use in the US is marrige you marry Monica and nothing can come between a marriage people get married for legal reasons all the time no biggie i can give some exampels that would make it eazier to understand if the will said you get the money the only thing you have to do is cut off your arm or if you want the money you have to marry Bertha Mcpoo those things are not legal if you put in the will that you can only get the money once you are married that is in a legal gray zone still a lot of chance of getting it trown out of court but if the will has a clause that states you have to get your high school diploma before you get money the only thing that can gett you out of that is an act of God (legal term for something that is beyond your controle like an ilness)
I'm not up on my international law (or how much individual countries may choose to adhere to such, especially if they have different laws and it is only relating to one or more of their citizens) and while familiar with US laws I can safely say that more often than not the law is mutable/flexible. If you have enough money, lawyers, lobbyist, or politicians to throw at something... there is often times (but not always) exceptions found to rules, sad as that may be.

For the sake of the semi-fictional world we are creating, I'd say assume that everything stipulated in the father's Will is legal, including the prohibition of contact clauses. This doesn't mean the MC couldn't fight it with lawyers of his own (good thing he is looking into that right?), but it doesn't mean he is guaranteed to win either. So I'd be sure you keep that in mind if you are concerned about the money. :)

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
You can leave everything to charity, to your dog, to a perfect stranger. You can make any condition you want as long as it not illegal. So saying person x can have no contact with person y. Could be completely legal provided that in itself is not illegal. Ergo You could not say the MC could not have contact with another family member. However, Monica and family are not family and therefore that requirement would be legal in the will.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
With due respect to everyone's opinions, it seems, at times, that we forget that this is a visual novel and not a news story we are reading from a newspaper.I like the different hypothes's about who is the Dizzy or the the golddigger but less the ones about the legal quibbles, because if everyone relates everything to the laws in force in their own country then Cheeky should take a course in public international law for each state where we players belong. Which is impossible and absurd. As always thanks for what you give, Cheeky and the diabolical duo Ace and Cell.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
With due respect to everyone's opinions, it seems, at times, that we forget that this is a visual novel and not a news story we are reading from a newspaper.I like the different hypothes's about who is the Dizzy or the the golddigger but less the ones about the legal quibbles, because if everyone relates everything to the laws in force in their own country then Cheeky should take a course in public international law for each state where we players belong. Which is impossible and absurd. As always thanks for what you give, Cheeky and the diabolical duo Ace and Cell.
With Due Respect, the question that was floating about was this aspect (The Will) of the game and those players from other countries and different legal systems were trying to figure out how this aspect of the game made any sense. Their laws are different and it was a question of concern for some. My answer was to give them a reference that may help them with the game since the Will is significant to driving the story. It is much easier to answer that question here than expect the Dev team to become law experts across 200 or so borders. I don't see anything wrong with assisting others if they have a concern. That is what drove my response.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
were trying to figure out how this aspect of the game made any sense.
Honestly, i think it's a very minor detail. There have been stories where the characters had to do the craziest stuff for a legacy, like that movie with Richard Pryor where he had to spend 30 million dollar in a month or lose all the legacy (which was a lot more). If it is not technically possible to set that kind of condition for a legacy this does very little to my suspension of disbelief. Since the story of the game works and it's compelling i really have no problem with it.

Last edited:

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
lol the past couple post so much fun to read. I was giggling for some time. This is no 3 hour tour but the gold digger might be getting rough! We do have the cast though. However as opinions go a well written Visual Novel not only tells a story but can transport the mind to the time and place the developer builds and the mind will make it real for you. in this Patron's opinion this team with Cheeky Gimp has done just that. and when we are transported to this world it is our world as we know it so we relate it to what we know so again it has resonated with many people and locations across the globe people saying can or cant do this just shows they are finding it to be transportive.

Jimbog

Feb 27, 2018
Is there a plan to update the Mac version? It has been stuck on Chapter 19 while the PC has gotten 2 updates.
Just in case you don't know how to do it, you can download Ren'Py and then open the PC version inside Ren'Py. Then you can either make a Mac version directly or just play the game frem the PC version as a project. You never have to wait for a Mac version again. That is one of the reasons I love Ren'Py.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes