• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
Man these money vamps sure take their sweet time. Not that I'm paying...
In all fairness, out of all projects that take time, this is one of the more understandably actually long ones to make. There are many diverging paths linked to one another and each relationship status (more than 2 for each girls) gives different dialogues/scenes.
Plus you can at each update start the chapter with personalized stats if you so choose.

So yeah... shit's gonna take time. Just like "Being a DIK", "Light of my life" or "AOA academy"

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
Yeah thats right. But you shouldn't use exactly the VN's stated because they are in another world of quality compared to this one.
I think it comes close actually. Just not in terms of extra polish. But that's just my opinion.

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
Yeah thats right. But you shouldn't use exactly the VN's stated because they are in another world of quality compared to this one.
Of the three mentioned VNs, only BaD is objectively superior to this in terms of production value. But that's the apex of Adult EVNs. AOA is nice but there's nothing that really stands out in it and I haven't played the other one but I have seen its screenshots and honestly some of those renders scare me a bit, it's basically 'Uncanny Valley: The VN'.

Not to imply that WTHI has high production value, the renders from earlier chapters are dated af, not to mention the lack of BGM and animation that most of the time is gratuitous at best. The story too, is nothing special, dead father and the MC being the only desirable male in a 100km radius is a staple of these types of VN. Even the crescendo of the story, the will reveal will most likely either be predictable or an ass pull.

What sets this VN apart is the character and dialogue writing and how different characters interact with each other and the MC. I mostly don't care about the mystery of the will itself but I do care about the repercussions on character relationships when it's eventually revealed. For me, very few VNs come close to WTHI in this department.

For this reason alone, even though I follow 25 or so other really good EVNs, I am more hyped for the release of Episode 23 for WTHI than the next chapter of any other VN.

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020
In all fairness, out of all projects that take time, this is one of the more understandably actually long ones to make. There are many diverging paths linked to one another and each relationship status (more than 2 for each girls) gives different dialogues/scenes.
Plus you can at each update start the chapter with personalized stats if you so choose.

So yeah... shit's gonna take time. Just like "Being a DIK", "Light of my life" or "AOA academy"
I don't understand how Dragon Ball Divine Adventure justifies taking its sweet ass time.

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
I don't understand how Dragon Ball Divine Adventure justifies taking its sweet ass time.
:WaitWhat:
- At no point did I mention that game
- I said "...one of..."
- I gave 3 examples of games with extensive branching paths
Who cares about DBDA. It has no real branching paths and is therefore irrelevant here.

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020
:WaitWhat:
- At no point did I mention that game
- I said "...one of..."
- I gave 3 examples of games with extensive branching paths
Who cares about DBDA. It has no real branching paths and is therefore irrelevant here.
It was a general statement. Feel free to ignore my posts next time.

Reactions: Ghostload

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I think it comes close actually. Just not in terms of extra polish. But that's just my opinion.
Of the three mentioned VNs, only BaD is objectively superior to this in terms of production value. But that's the apex of Adult EVNs. AOA is nice but there's nothing that really stands out in it and I haven't played the other one but I have seen its screenshots and honestly some of those renders scare me a bit, it's basically 'Uncanny Valley: The VN'.

Not to imply that WTHI has high production value, the renders from earlier chapters are dated af, not to mention the lack of BGM and animation that most of the time is gratuitous at best. The story too, is nothing special, dead father and the MC being the only desirable male in a 100km radius is a staple of these types of VN. Even the crescendo of the story, the will reveal will most likely either be predictable or an ass pull.

What sets this VN apart is the character and dialogue writing and how different characters interact with each other and the MC. I mostly don't care about the mystery of the will itself but I do care about the repercussions on character relationships when it's eventually revealed. For me, very few VNs come close to WTHI in this department.

For this reason alone, even though I follow 25 or so other really good EVNs, I am more hyped for the release of Episode 23 for WTHI than the next chapter of any other VN.
holdmybeer.gif

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
In your Opinion. And I am sure you, being so erudite, know exactly what OPINIONS are like. If others disagree the challenge is then on you to provide factual proof. Your OPINION is not a fact. It is not evidence. It is just an OPINION. Please note, this is not my OPINION. I am just stating a FACT.

My Opinion (and to the point I disagree with yours) is that this is one of the best written VNs and that is its strength. The FACT the Devs are constantly working to improve the graphics is not disputable. They communicate these changes themselves. They have long term goals and a plan to get there. Compare that to other Devs that have long term goals and no realistic plans. For Example; A Wife and Mother (One of the most popular VNs) is currently projected to complete in the 2040s. Yeah sure, can you say bad Project Management. That is not the case for Where the Heart Is. They also are excellent at communicating with their audience (Even the Pirates).

Now please bring some facts to the table. You may be right in comparison. Then again, right now, all it is is your OPINION.

Last edited:

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
This update taking as long as it is goes to show that having more people on your dev team does not automatically equal faster updates like many think it does (in terms of AVNs, anyway).

Reactions: PeraDrnda

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
Then I guess it's a good thing that Oni's working alone? :ROFLMAO:

On topic: Jenna's tits are my second favorite.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
This update taking as long as it is goes to show that having more people on your dev team does not automatically equal faster updates like many think it does (in terms of AVNs, anyway).
True, but definitely a lot of factors there. Tech and folks both being involved.

For one, I can't compare WTHI to any other game I know. None of them have our level of freedom of choice that ripples out across all the characters in detail. (Something I hope you folks enjoy, because just understanding the pathing required is nuts, doing it is bat-shit insane, which thankfully we are qualified for.)

Gaining new team members isn't hard, finding ones with the proper skill set, mind set, and then getting them up to speed is...
Well it has been freaking impossible (at least for us). Even when we have a new guy, we spend as much time going over their stuff to help them get acclimated as it would be to do our ourselves... the idea being eventually they hold their own, but I've posted before how many folks we have brought on, done our best to train/acclimate, and then had things not work out for various reasons. Most of which are the work is immense for a side gig, and the pay is far from stellar. (Despite the 65k downloads of our game that are recorded here on a single tracked download site...).

And I'll end on that our updates while taking longer, almost always contain more content than anyone else putting out regular updates monthly, we just do it every 4-5 months.

Oh, and for those interested in why I'm here ranting/venting rather than hammering away at the game. (Which we have all been doing for more hours than a regular job for weeks now.)
I just tossed the final beta build to our QC team to test. Still some final things to do/test in the next few days, but the count at present...

17500 lines of code/dialog (exactly atm)
1500+ images
61 videos
88 (******)
74 (*****)

At least 25% larger than last EP, which was our largest so far... again.

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
True, but definitely a lot of factors there. Tech and folks both being involved.

For one, I can't compare WTHI to any other game I know. None of them have our level of freedom of choice that ripples out across all the characters in detail. (Something I hope you folks enjoy, because just understanding the pathing required is nuts, doing it is bat-shit insane, which thankfully we are qualified for.)

Gaining new team members isn't hard, finding ones with the proper skill set, mind set, and then getting them up to speed is...
Well it has been freaking impossible (at least for us). Even when we have a new guy, we spend as much time going over their stuff to help them get acclimated as it would be to do our ourselves... the idea being eventually they hold their own, but I've posted before how many folks we have brought on, done our best to train/acclimate, and then had things not work out for various reasons. Most of which are the work is immense for a side gig, and the pay is far from stellar. (Despite the 65k downloads of our game that are recorded here on a single tracked download site...).

And I'll end on that our updates while taking longer, almost always contain more content than anyone else putting out regular updates monthly, we just do it every 4-5 months.

Oh, and for those interested in why I'm here ranting/venting rather than hammering away at the game. (Which we have all been doing for more hours than a regular job for weeks now.)
I just tossed the final beta build to our QC team to test. Still some final things to do/test in the next few days, but the count at present...

1500+ images
61 videos
88 (******)
74 (*****)

For sure there are probably multiple factors other that I, and many others do not see. I apologize if my comment came off as bitchy and disrespectful.

I only said what I said because it is incredibly strange and frustrating to come from games like Being A Dik, where people complain that DrPinkCake needs to hire a team to help him since updates are taking a while (even though he is among the best AVN developers in terms of work ethic/communication), to go to other games like WTHI, Summertime Saga, etc that take multiple months to get their updates out; even though they have multiple people working on the game. Not at all a shot at you guys as developers, but more calling out people who think that getting more developers to work on a game means they will get updates faster.

Reactions: sava75 and acewinz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
For sure there are probably multiple factors other that I, and many others do not see. I apologize if my comment came off as bitchy and disrespectful.

I only said what I said because it is incredibly strange and frustrating to come from games like Being A Dik, where people complain that DrPinkCake needs to hire a team to help him since updates are taking a while (even though he is among the best AVN developers in terms of work ethic/communication), to go to other games like WTHI, Summertime Saga, etc that take multiple months to get their updates out; even though they have multiple people working on the game. Not at all a shot at you guys as developers, but more calling out people who think that getting more developers to work on a game means they will get updates faster.
Hehe, no offense taken. People complain, but I'd rather have them complain because they want something than not. Although comparing us to Summertime Saga is fighting words. :p While I respect the extra time involved in their style of animated AVN, they have been milking for a long time since they made it big, they definitely don't feel like letting the golden goose give up the final egg. DPC on the other hand, can't really be accused of that from what I've seen, other things maybe, but not that. Yeah, he could expand with the kinda dough he is rolling in, but there is something to be said for being able to do it your own way.

It honestly is a miracle how closely Cheeky and I mesh, so we don't quibble about much in terms of game/character direction, and have worked together long enough to respect one another when we do have a difference of opinion. Then there are perfectly imperfect co-workers like Cell, who do everything they are told with no questions, when they remember what you told them. ;)

We also do value our patreons and communication highly (even when talking to pirates!). While it is sad we see our biggest swells around update time, we have had a solid core of folks for a long time who trust us when we say we are going to deliver but it will take time, and we try not to let them down.

HeDevil69

Jun 16, 2020

1500+ images
61 videos
88 (******)
74 (*****)

I just made an offer to help with what I did a couple of years back before I nearly croaked from Covid. I sent the message on Patreon. You're all too busy I think to have seen it but let me know if you want me to do it again.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes