• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I just made an offer to help with what I did a couple of years back before I nearly croaked from Covid. I sent the message on Patreon. You're all too busy I think to have seen it but let me know if you want me to do it again.
That would be Cheeky's wheelhouse, but if it was recent chances are it will be a few days before he responds. Busy working on getting the EP out this month.

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
Hehe, no offense taken. People complain, but I'd rather have them complain because they want something than not. Although comparing us to Summertime Saga is fighting words. :p While I respect the extra time involved in their style of animated AVN, they have been milking for a long time since they made it big, they definitely don't feel like letting the golden goose give up the final egg. DPC on the other hand, can't really be accused of that from what I've seen, other things maybe, but not that. Yeah, he could expand with the kinda dough he is rolling in, but there is something to be said for being able to do it your own way.

It honestly is a miracle how closely Cheeky and I mesh, so we don't quibble about much in terms of game/character direction, and have worked together long enough to respect one another when we do have a difference of opinion. Then there are perfectly imperfect co-workers like Cell, who do everything they are told with no questions, when they remember what you told them. ;)

We also do value our patreons and communication highly (even when talking to pirates!). While it is sad we see our biggest swells around update time, we have had a solid core of folks for a long time who trust us when we say we are going to deliver but it will take time, and we try not to let them down.
LMAO would never say you guys are on the level of DarkCookie. I really do not understand what the hold up is with their updates.

DPC I cant fault either. Its clear the project is deeply personal to him, and he wants it to be entirely him. It sucks having to wait months for an update, but given his communication and quality I cannot complain.

tl;dr excited for the update thanks for the communication with pirates (im poor im sorry :cry:)

Reactions: acewinz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
88 (sounds)
74 (odors)
Since Cheeky announced it on patreon. I can confirm, you were half right. ;)
88 sounds (unredacted)
74 songs/musical pieces (declassified)
and an intro piece/theme it took us awhile to settle on, along with an optional sequence at the start to go with it

The inclusion and upgrades aren't half-assed, but understand they won't be for everyone. We also did a bit of an experiment with the sounds (which are throughout), but through two scenes they are... different, in a way we hope is immersive and positive, but feedback will determine how we proceed. Feedback from patreons that is :)

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
I dont understand people complaining about update time tbh.. We are 22 episodes in and are still getting them in good time. Im not sure exactly how long each one takes but ive never thought that its taken way too long or anything. If anything sometimes ive been surprised by how quick the next update has came around.

I think people complaining about updates is when its close to the release and they expect it on the 14th but then it gets to the end of the month and they're still waiting. Thats not on the devs though thats on your impatience. Devs putting a game out when its ready and bug free is way better than getting a broken or rushed game. The last thing you want when a game is getting closer to its end is rushed content.. Its like weed growers who spend months making it perfect then rushing the cutting and curing process. Be patient, we get this shit for free for the most part and we get a lot of info from the devs compared to other games. the last thing you want to do is drive more devs away from this site for being spoiled entitled children.

Eorzorian

Feb 13, 2018
Although comparing us to Summertime Saga is fighting words
Why would you even comment on people comparing it to that trash can of game? That game has cartoonish characters, the story is non-existent and overall the character's development is the same. Get to know, fck, get them pregnant and forget that they existed.

WTHI has been alone through the way with paths complex to make. Sometimes it is better to not create so many characters which cross each other at one point and ofc the developer has to make the result of it even though not many will see/play that particular path. But it is what it is and the game was developed like this from the beginning, so everyone was fully aware of this and this makes the development time consuming. Also no one should expect here a game being produced as a full-time job because it isnt making much after taxes, payment of workers, patreon cut etc.
The communication mostly from your side has been clear and also there wasnt a fixed date for release, only this month was called out. No need to justify because anyone following this thread or anyone who has a memory of more than 3 months or anyone who didnt fap out his brain cells knew what to expect or when to expect.

Gj so far, i wish that i could support the game but my economic situation sadly doesnt allow it.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Why would you even comment on people comparing it to that trash can of game? That game has cartoonish characters, the story is non-existent and overall the character's development is the same. Get to know, fck, get them pregnant and forget that they existed.

WTHI has been alone through the way with paths complex to make. Sometimes it is better to not create so many characters which cross each other at one point and ofc the developer has to make the result of it even though not many will see/play that particular path. But it is what it is and the game was developed like this from the beginning, so everyone was fully aware of this and this makes the development time consuming. Also no one should expect here a game being produced as a full-time job because it isnt making much after taxes, payment of workers, patreon cut etc.
The communication mostly from your side has been clear and also there wasnt a fixed date for release, only this month was called out. No need to justify because anyone following this thread or anyone who has a memory of more than 3 months or anyone who didnt fap out his brain cells knew what to expect or when to expect.

Gj so far, i wish that i could support the game but my economic situation sadly doesnt allow it.
Hehe, I don't think he meant it seriously and at one time it was a top tier producer, especially for the art required. But that has been sometime... and I never thought they did a good job with their needing fresh saves every update for so long. I mean, if we can manage WTHI without that, surely anyone else can.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
88 sounds (unredacted)
and an intro piece/theme it took us awhile to settle on, along with an optional sequence at the start to go with it

The inclusion and upgrades aren't half-assed, but understand they won't be for everyone. We also did a bit of an experiment with the sounds (which are throughout), but through two scenes they are... different, in a way we hope is immersive and positive, but feedback will determine how we proceed. Feedback from patreons that is :)
Only totally awful soundtrack is worse then total silence... so I'll be glad for even not perfect music/sounds in the game.
It's scary when girl gives You silent treatment, same shit with games LOL

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019

I was not at all comparing the games on a gameplay, art, story, or quality level. I merely used it as a way to show that having multiple developers on your team does not automatically equal faster updates like many people believe. If you go back and read the conversation you would see that.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
88 sounds (unredacted)

Hmmm. If the sounds include moans and the like for sex scenes I sincerely hope there's a separate volume slider to mute them. I hate when they get bundled with Music.

But other than that potential exception I'm definitely looking forward to the update. I have high hopes for the dramatic reveal. Of course Jenna's and Jolina's scenes will be nice, too. ;)

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
I do think this game needs some more drama (Just a bit, not total tragedy to scare off an average player), in my humble opinion it makes plot a bit more believable and spicy. Too lighthearted stories are not intended for long playthrough, player needs some emotional punch to be not bored to death after a while.
But ofc People are different, so I understand it's not working the same for all

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
They are adding music and sound to the game? Nice! :love:
Not having that was the reason I quit playing a few years back, as games with no audio at all are not really worth my time.
Might be time to check it out again. :giggle:

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
I do think this game needs some more drama (Just a bit, not total tragedy to scare off an average player), in my humble opinion it makes plot a bit more believable and spicy. Too lighthearted stories are not intended for long playthrough, player needs some emotional punch to be not bored to death after a while.
I agree. This story needs more drama. Perhaps bring in some mafia elements. All the best VNs have mafia themes. Or sci-fi. This VN should have at least one of those! In fact, devs please just start over with a sci-fi mafia-themed VN. With lots of drama. And blackjack.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Hmmm. If the sounds include moans and the like for sex scenes I sincerely hope there's a separate volume slider to mute them. I hate when they get bundled with Music.

But other than that potential exception I'm definitely looking forward to the update. I have high hopes for the dramatic reveal. Of course Jenna's and Jolina's scenes will be nice, too. ;)
There are separate music/sfx sliders
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The idea being our patreons can tell us what works for them and doesn't.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
There are separate music/sfx sliders
The idea being our patreons can tell us what works for them and doesn't.

Incoming Baby Shark-track loop for the angry/hate fuck sex scene.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes