Aug 22, 2016
Yeah, yeah but what it contains is a mystery. The naming is different compared to the previous releases, it's clearly not Ep.25, so it's not a new content update. Imagine someone waiting for episode 25, seeing the game in Latest Updates tab and then seeing something like Season 1 v6.1.2024 BETA. It doesn't say what was updated and when. For new people it could be even more confusing. This changelog is useless.
I agree, but empty changelogs are pretty common on this site, not all devs bother to publish changelogs.

What I did, like many others, was to get to the last page of this thread and see what people say.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Akihiko-san

Mar 8, 2024
So, I ended up playing the new stuff for a bit today because I got too excited to wait for steam and Zarah is so hot now.
I was one of the few ppl who found her likeable even back then, if not for looks but by character/personality for sure (especially later when some of her story opened to us). And i'm definitely into her even more now that she's hot.

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
You're glossing over a few important details here...

1: It was a pre-release testing version that wasn't meant to be released to either patrons or "into the wild" at sites like this one.

2: Idiots who didn't pay attention to what it was started bitching about the issues they were having with a pre-release test version that hadn't been fully tested for problems, that even patrons wouldn't have access to normally.

3: The tester in question was now known as somebody not even worth trusting to help with getting the new version ready for release, because he chose to leak a buggy and incomplete test version "into the wild", instead of just doing what they were supposed to do and test for and report bugs - The version leaked was specific to that person.
When I had the argument with cheeky it was nothing of what you mentioned. It was the April fools back in 2022 of f95.... he was bitching without even knowing what kind of version it was. And it was a file, that was not working at all.

And even so, F95 is a piracy site, so there will be alpha or beta versions leaked. a lot of people seem to forget that.
And if the dev has a problem with that F95, is the wrong place to bitch about it, imo.

Reactions: prpa

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
When I had the argument with cheeky it was nothing of what you mentioned. It was the April fools back in 2022 of f95.... he was bitching without even knowing what kind of version it was. And it was a file, that was not working at all.
Oh yeah, I remember that now. F95's worst April Fool's ever.
It wasn't just Cheeky who was pissed at that, a lot of the fans were too. It genuinely was not funny.

And even so, F95 is a piracy site, so there will be alpha or beta versions leaked. a lot of people seem to forget that.
And if the dev has a problem with that F95, is the wrong place to bitch about it, imo.
:FacePalm:
There's such a thing as standards, even when committing crimes. That's why leakers and pirates are terms used independently of each other.

Take the example of Project Myriam then.
Patreon release and a week later a public version that includes more than is in the Patreon version, and is shared here by the dev, on purpose...
The Patreon version gets shared here which leads to people questioning where certain content is that was in the previous version they played that happens to be things Patreon forced Zorlun to remove, and is put back in with the "Prometheus Patch" version from Subscribestar. This happens multiple times with the "usual suspects" complaining about content disappearing in the game and issues with mods designed to work with the later *intended* version, despite the numerous times Zorlun asks for the Patreon version not to be shared here - the Patron(s) who share from Patreon are in fact doing a disservice to the community here, instead of waiting for the "full" version from another site to be released before sharing here.

So, good pirate distributes what is better and intended for release. Bad pirate is a self-important prick who only cares about being the one to do the pirating first regardless of whether or not it's a working product.

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Are the current plans to remaster everything up to 24 before continuing the story?
Dev has stated that Season 1 rework for Steam is planned to be completed at the end of July. Then they will work on Episode 25.

Only the first half really needs reworking to get in line with the later render quality.
I haven't compared all of the old scenes, but I would assume that after making the big changes to the pool area, the bedrooms, etc, at least some newer scenes will need to be reworked just to match.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I haven't compared all of the old scenes, but I would assume that after making the big changes to the pool area, the bedrooms, etc, at least some newer scenes will need to be reworked just to match.
That would be logical aye.

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
While I agree with you, I have to ask, do you really think the entitled useful idiots around here are going to comprehend that?

Omen
There's more chance that I would fuck Zarah than that (and that ain't happening ever!)

Also I've never found anything useful about the entitled idiots around here.

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
The only negative thing about the new version was that the animations were still at 12 fps, but now there is a speed button that greatly improves the speed of the animations.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes