dkatryl

May 26, 2018
Do you see a large yellow [Abandoned] prefix next to [VN][RenPy] ? There is also the [Onhold] prefix for games that the developer has said they are suspending work for now.
Apparently, my spoiler was too subtle?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, weird my post is missing. Must have gone wonky when i hit previous. Guess that's what you get typing on a phone like a savage. :unsure:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Apparently, my spoiler was too subtle?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, weird my post is missing. Must have gone wonky when i hit previous. Guess that's what you get typing on a phone like a savage. :unsure:
I completely understood your spoiler but I'm sure there are people who wouldn't so I wanted the clarification. No sense starting rumors that the game is abandoned.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think it makes perfect sense. Like I said before I don't for one second believe that the will states that she has to be nice to the MC, rather that she needs to manipulate the MC. After all it's hard to manipulate someone who doesn't like you.
That would make zero sense seeing as the MC's conditions are to avoid Monica and the girls anyway.

Why would a supposedly intelligent man give the woman conditions that could possibly mean less than nothing if his son carried out the ones given to him?

He wouldn't, it's silly. It would instantly grant Elaine her part of the money without doing anything.

Elaine wasn't the one that said his dad made her act cruel to him, his dad said that himself. Hiw own words in the recording, he forced Elaine to treat him like shit.

Lets also consider that Monica has told a soon to be rich MC all about her financial problems. An MC she hasn't seen for years.

It's okay to dislike Elaine but Monica is also shady as fuck.

P.S. There is also the e-mail that only Monica seems to have any knowledge of. An e-mail sent from a cyber cafe now coffee shop near where Monica lives and sent by someone that looks like Monica.

Lets also consider the fact that in order for Elaine to be able to drive a wedge between the MC and anyone it would require the MC to not only forgive Elaine but be on friendly enough terms with her to accept anything she says about people he knew and had good memories of as a child. It's too much of a wild card for, again, a supposedly intelligent man to have as a condition. It would be too much of a long shot for him to consider worthwhile.

Last edited:

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
Again, given the asshole the dad seemed to be, i expect the conditions to work against each other, optimally be mutually exclusive so only one will make it. Cause them to scheme and be cut throat or give up on things they want, all so the dad can laugh in his little asshole afterlife.

Elaine's condition to be nice/manipulate MC to stay away from Monica and the girls just makes MC fulfill his condition. And that doesnt make sense.

Reactions: D Dog and Freezer14

Red469

May 18, 2018
That would make zero sense seeing as the MC's conditions are to avoid Monica and the girls anyway.

Why would a supposedly intelligent man give the woman conditions that could possibly mean less than nothing if his son carried out the ones given to him?

He wouldn't, it's silly. It would instantly grant Elaine her part of the money without doing anything.

Elaine wasn't the one that said his dad made her act cruel to him, his dad said that himself. Hiw own words in the recording, he forced Elaine to treat him like shit.

Lets also consider that Monica has told a soon to be rich MC all about her financial problems. An MC she hasn't seen for years.

It's okay to dislike Elaine but Monica is also shady as fuck.

P.S. There is also the e-mail that only Monica seems to have any knowledge of. An e-mail sent from a cyber cafe now coffee shop near where Monica lives and sent by someone that looks like Monica.

Lets also consider the fact that in order for Elaine to be able to drive a wedge between the MC and anyone it would require the MC to not only forgive Elaine but be on friendly enough terms with her to accept anything she says about people he knew and had good memories of as a child. It's too much of a wild card for, again, a supposedly intelligent man to have as a condition. It would be too much of a long shot for him to consider worthwhile.
Hi Avaron1974

You bring up some valid Points...

So now lets ask: What would you or the rest of you do if this was a RL situation you were thrust into?
Family?
Or
Money?

What Choice Can you Not live without?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It just doesn't make any sense that he establishes that now she must be nice to the MC to get her fair share on the will.
Just answer to those three questions :
  • What was her first move when the father died ?
  • Is it really surprising for her conditions to be the exact opposite to that ?
  • At what moment had she changed her mind and started to be friendly ?
Now, are you still that sure that her condition isn't to befriend the MC ? Plus, with this, she'll have the opportunity to say all the bullshit regarding Monica, which can lead the MC to also fulfill his conditions.
And like reality is elsewhere, the bastard win.

There's not many doubts to have here.
It's angel that bother me. If she's effectively the third one, I really want to help her win... She don't looks like the kind of girl that would choose money over her dream. Which mean that helping her to pursue her modeling career seem to be the way to achieve her victory.

Red469

May 18, 2018
Just answer to those three questions :
  • What was her first move when the father died ?
  • Is it really surprising for her conditions to be the exact opposite to that ?
  • At what moment had she changed her mind and started to be friendly ?
Now, are you still that sure that her condition isn't to befriend the MC ? Plus, with this, she'll have the opportunity to say all the bullshit regarding Monica, which can lead the MC to also fulfill his conditions.
And like reality is elsewhere, the bastard win.

There's not many doubts to have here.
It's angel that bother me. If she's effectively the third one, I really want to help her win... She don't looks like the kind of girl that would choose money over her dream. Which mean that helping her to pursue her modeling career seem to be the way to achieve her victory.
First move was to use steel capped boots
Second not really
Third After finding out about the will and conditions

All that said, I think that there are many a twist and turn in this story and perhaps what will actually prove to be so, May end up surprising us all.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hi Avaron1974

You bring up some valid Points...

So now lets ask: What would you or the rest of you do if this was a RL situation you were thrust into?
Family?
Or
Money?

What Choice Can you Not live without?
Personally, family. Me and my twin have been together our whole lives and she was there through all my tough spot and vice versa. No amount of money would be worth losing her.

Same goes for the MC.

He has his own home, a car and enough money to see him through until he gets a job. I have him with Katie as my main playthrough and it would mean losing her just as she's opening up.

I guess on Bella playthroughs I could go for the money. I still get the girl.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It relies too much on chance and his dad doesn't strike me much as someone that leaves things to chance.
Are you sure ?

Father "Dear Elaine, you fucking gold digger, if you want my money, befriend my son ! Oh, by the way, know that Monica is a fucking bitch."
Father "Dear son, you fucking parasite, if you want my money, leave Monica ! Oh, by the way, know that Elaine always loved you, it's because of me that she was rude with you."

Elaine "MC, I don't know what to say..."
MC "Don't worry, he said everything to me and I forgive you. Let's be friend ?"
Elaine "Oh, by the way, Monica is a bitch."
MC "What ? Oh my god, I can't live on her house any longer !"

Where's the chance here ? He's an intelligent man, you said it yourself in your previous comment. He did exactly what was needed for them to fulfill his "said" conditions.
Have I dreamed (it's possible, really) or are the clue about the e-mail actually pointing on the Lawyer's office ? I wouldn't be surprised if it was sent because it's asked on the will.
Anyway, Monica didn't sent it. Jenna would have found evidence a long time ago if it was the case, and whatever all the bad you think about her, Monica wouldn't have sent it from the coffee shop. If really she don't wanted to sent it from home, she could have asked to borrow a computer at Angel's agency, or do it from Zarah's home. It would have had been easier than founding a coffee shop with available computers. Plus, the description don't match her.

No, the only part of chance is somewhere else, where he don't expect it to be, while still probably hoping to be wrong. What the father value on people, is a strong willpower and the ability to make sacrifice to pursue what they really want.
If he's right when calling them parasites and gold diggers, they'll fulfill the conditions he told them, especially since he helped them to achieve this. If he's wrong, they'll prove that they are worthy of his wealth...

The wrote will, the only one that have a legal value, have this wrote on it :
"Elaine, if you achieved to befriend my son, like I asked you, you just lost your share of my wealth. Son, if you leaved Monica, like I asked you, you just lost your share of my wealth. [?]Angel, if you still haven't achieved to start your modeling career, you just lost your share of my wealth.[/?]
If anyone of you three still have his right on my wealth, know that you deserve it, you've proved that you effectively are someone. I finally achieve to do something of you..."

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
I'll reiterare that it doesn't make any sense for me.

The father did his best to keep the MC far away from Monica and her daughters. What are the conditions he gave to the MC? To stay away from them.

The father forbid Elaine from treating well the MC. Her conditions would be to suddenly treat him with care? It doesn't follow.

It's obvious that I'm not going to convince you and you aren't going to convice me. Let's just agree to disagree. I don't see the purpose of continuing to discuss it. I'm not going to talk about this topic again.

Last edited:

JIT

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember the exact description of the person that sent the email. But I do remember Zarah having her hair changed midway or maybe I'm confusing it with another game. Anyway, it could be a hint to allow her to be the culprit. In the end she burns both houses and you have to choose which house you save

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
I don't remember the exact description of the person that sent the email. But I do remember Zarah having her hair changed midway or maybe I'm confusing it with another game.
Her hair did change, but I'm sure it was more to do with how people were reacting to her appearance in general, and an attempt to mitigate much of the negativity about her looks. I remember seeing plenty of people approving of her change of hair style/colour, but personally I preferred her original style/colour.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Her hair did change, but I'm sure it was more to do with how people were reacting to her appearance in general, and an attempt to mitigate much of the negativity about her looks. I remember seeing plenty of people approving of her change of hair style/colour, but personally I preferred her original style/colour.
If i remember correctly, Monica and Katie talk about it in one of the kitchen table scenes, how Zarah changed her hair AGAIN, now this could be just a red herring but it's kinda interesting. I wouldn't rule her out so easily.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes