anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Second, I think that, when the dad told Elaine about Monica, he wasn't thinking of his will shenanigans and that she would tell the MC and make him distrust Monica, he told her just to have her hate Monica.
And because of what exactly Elaine should hate Monica ? If the father said the truth, then :
  • It's thanks to Monica if he divorced ;
  • It's thanks to Monica if Elaine had the possibility to become his girlfriend, living a luxurious life ;
  • It's thanks to Monica if now Elaine have a possibility to inherit of his wealth.
Sorry, but I fail to see how this revelation can make Elaine hate Monica, it's more the opposite.

Plus, what would be the interest if Elaine hate Monica ? She barely know her and have absolutely no reason to talk to her or even meet her. The only link between the two women is the MC. Yet, while the father was alive it was a virtual link because the MC haven't seen her since the death of his mother ; the father did everything for this.

But the father knew that the MC will end at Monica's house, so that the link is now active again. Yet, there's a question, how did he know that the MC is at Monica's house ?
Alright she was like a second mother for him, but he didn't had a single contact with her during 8 long years... Going back there like that... really ? "Hello Monica, do you remember me ? Well, my dad died, can I live with you now ?"
It's thanks to the e-mail that Monica didn't sent, that the MC live with her, and only thanks to it...

Anyway, the only consequences of Elaine hating Monica would be that the MC will either leave Monica, or distance himself from Elaine. The second one being already done anyway, because the MC live with Monica, and Elaine having always been rude with him he don't have a reason to talk to her more than necessary.

Which lead back to the question, why saying this to Elaine ?

The father being intelligent and knowing that the MC live with Monica, he also know that he will almost never talk to Elaine. Their discussions will be limited to the will, and was even less than that before Elaine started her attempt to befriend the MC.
So, the father gave to Elaine an information totally useless for her ; this whatever if she hate Monica (that she'll never meet) or if she's thankful to her. And he gave it to her, knowing that she'll never had the opportunity to transmit it to the MC...

No, simply no. It make absolutely no sense. Except if the father also know that Elaine will try to befriend the MC...

Reactions: UncleVT

arms99

May 11, 2018
Personally, I think the father blaming Monica for the demise of his marriage is to do with the fact that he’s not the type to ever under any circumstances take responsibility for his actions. So, when his marriage to the MCs mum fell apart someone had to be blamed and who better than the one who exposed him. Any hatred towards Monica is more a happy by-product as far as he's concerned.

In the fathers defense, despite his evil ways he did leave the MC enough to get his life stated with no strings attached. Shows that he does to some extent care for the MC, after all he could have made the entire inheritance subject to his condition.

Which is more than can be said about how the father felt about Elaine. Who, according to her, doesn't inherit anything unless she meets her condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Repuci

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
The dad didn't like Monica so it seems natural that he would want Elaine to also not like her regardless of wether they ever met.

And maybe i'm imagining things but does the game say that the dad told Elaine about Monica in the will recordings or when he was alive? IIRC it doen't state either way so I probably assumed it was when he was alive exactly because it wouldn't make sense to drop that kind of thing during the will recording. But I might be wrong.

Reactions: Repuci

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
That's what the difference is. I think Dad does stand by his conditions. But I wonder what happens if all of them don't follow through? Money gets turned over to his old company as a gift? The state takes it? Or maybe the lawyer realizes what's going on and decides to find a way distribute it evenly due to a technicality?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: D Dog and Repuci

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
That's what the difference is. I think Dad does stand by his conditions. But I wonder what happens if all of them don't follow through? Money gets turned over to his old company as a gift? The state takes it? Or maybe the lawyer realizes what's going on and decides to find a way distribute it evenly due to a technicality?
The lawyer suddenly has untold thousands of 'billable hours'... :sneaky:

Reactions: arms99

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Where as mine... :)

I think I may have to do another play through if going for Elaine ends up being really bad (which I think it will).
I'd risk it for Elaine :pbeside she shares the same hair colour as the best girl Lisa in our avatars, not to mention the curvy milf side of Elaine ;)

Reactions: Repuci and Amnios

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
I'd risk it for Elaine :pbeside she shares the same hair colour as the best girl Lisa in our avatars, not to mention the curvy milf side of Elaine ;)
I'm actually not a huge fan of Elaine, of the two I much prefer Bella, however, in these games, I tend to go the "screw everything which moves (or doesn't in some games!)" route, so how could I not go for her? :)

That said my first reaction when meeting Elaine was to reject her, but after thinking about it, and how it will probably play against me in the will, I reloaded an old save and went for her.

I know it's self-destructive, but that's part of the appeal of these games, I want to be the most depraved, the most slutty, and see how things turn out :)

For harem games it's fine, but games like this, where you're likely going to have to make a choice, it's going to work against you, but that's fine by me.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes