May 26, 2019
Ya, gamecore? They didn't do a very good job of converting our game (without permission). Our offline version has no such issues (at least until EP16 beta, though so far we have heard nothing game breaking). Could even use Phalzyr's mod to get your char to the that Ep you had issues and not have to replay much. I actually hooked a few gamecore converts up with save files too via discord. Patreons get a lot better tech support. ;)
Haha! Here are two things I did not expect:

1) That anyone would know which site I was referring to, although I should have known its identity was one quick Google search away.

2) That anyone would actually respond to me, let alone one of the developers of this amazing game.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First, I want to thank you for making such an awesome game with an incredible story. This is really shaping up to be one of the BEST visual novel games I have played in a LONG time and I can't wait for more.

Second, if you keep up with the high quality and ensure that the MC will eventually get to sleep with Monica (absolutely love that women), I can assure you that I'll have no choice but to donate to your Patreon. Hahaha!!!

Third, since I cannot download your game, for reasons I don't want to waste time discussing, what do you suggest I tell the developers at gamcore? Should I let them know of your "gamcore converts" or should I tell them to simply re-upload the game to their site but properly converted?

Thanks for your assistance and I wish you and your team the best with regards to any future developments you have planned!

TL;DR: What should I specifically tell the gamcore site developers in order to get the game to properly work on their site? Also, your game is awesome and you're awesome for making it.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Haha! Here are two things I did not expect:

1) That anyone would know which site I was referring to, although I should have known its identity was one quick Google search away.

2) That anyone would actually respond to me, let alone one of the developers of this amazing game.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First, I want to thank you for making such an awesome game with an incredible story. This is really shaping up to be one of the BEST visual novel games I have played in a LONG time and I can't wait for more.

Second, if you keep up with the high quality and ensure that the MC will eventually get to sleep with Monica (absolutely love that women), I can assure you that I'll have no choice but to donate to your Patreon. Hahaha!!!

Third, since I cannot download your game, for reasons I don't want to waste time discussing, what do you suggest I tell the developers at gamcore? Should I let them know of your "gamcore converts" or should I tell them to simply re-upload the game to their site but properly converted?

Thanks for your assistance and I wish you and your team the best with regards to any future developments you have planned!

TL;DR: What should I specifically tell the gamcore site developers in order to get the game to properly work on their site? Also, your game is awesome and you're awesome for making it.
I honestly prefer gamecore's version of our game keeps breaking where it does. (I think Cheeky just wishes it would catch fire. lol) Sorry if that doesn't leave you many options if you aren't able to download the renpy or android ports of our game. I honestly don't know anything about their html conversion of our game. (aside from the points where it breaks and people came to us for help). I simply helped the ones who wanted to support us not having to replay things when starting over with our version.

Vimtoking

Nov 28, 2018
No, but wait until EP16 final is out, won't be long now. :)

No, not at all, just the final version (as in non-beta) of EP16 :) There are a few more episodes to come yet.
ah i see thank god XD.

Im itching to find out what a-hole fathers rules are,
and looking forward to more content with the "nerdy sister"
(i forgot the name :'(.....)

May 26, 2019
I honestly prefer gamecore's version of our game keeps breaking where it does. (I think Cheeky just wishes it would catch fire. lol) Sorry if that doesn't leave you many options if you aren't able to download the renpy or android ports of our game. I honestly don't know anything about their html conversion of our game. (aside from the points where it breaks and people came to us for help). I simply helped the ones who wanted to support us not having to replay things when starting over with our version.
Listen, I get it! You're kinda peeved that gamcore decided to upload your game to their site without your permission. Personally, I was completely unaware of this. Gamcore has made a note of only uploading games with the express permission of the developers. So I'm shocked to hear that this isn't the case for you and your game.

But I argue that it is still in your best interest to provide some help/fix, if you can provide any. I understand that this may not be completely possible due to your lack of knowledge of gamcore's html conversion.

The reason I argue this is that the tens of thousands of people on that site are like me: unable/incapable of downloading and installing your game. Thus, we are forced to go to gamcore if we wish to enjoy your art (and make no mistake, what you guys are doing with Where The Heart Is can be considered to be art).

But unlike me, many of these individuals will blame not the developers of the site but the developers of the game for the bugs/freezes. In fact, I saw your 2 comments on the "Where The Heart is" page of the gamcore site, the ones by "Ace." If you go back to that comment section, there are many players speculating that the freezing is happening due to the express design of the game developers.

So I implore you, if there is anything you can do to help, please do it.

Fixing your game on gamcore and then notifying players at the end of the update to support you on Patreon will get you WAY MORE patrons than simply leaving requests to support you in the comments section. I guarantee you this!

I love your game and so do a lot of other gamcore players! Please don't let us down!

Reactions: CheekyGimp

ScorpionZero

Mar 16, 2019
The reason I argue this is that the tens of thousands of people on that site are like me: unable/incapable of downloading and installing your game. Thus, we are forced to go to gamcore if we wish to enjoy your art (and make no mistake, what you guys are doing with Where The Heart Is can be considered to be art).
"What are you doing? Jerkin' off to that Katie scene again, huh?"
"How dare you? I'm merely making an observation of the artistic integrity of this piece."

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"Gamcore has made a note of only uploading games with the express permission of the developers. So I'm shocked to hear that this isn't the case for you and your game."
- They do? I couldn't find such an assertion. (Don't think I'd believe it if I did, but not gonna argue semantics. Especially on a pirate forum. lol :p) I am happy for the exposure we receive indirectly from gamecore monetizing our content, but the furthest we are involved with them is turning a blind eye.

I did see though in their TOS "Any copy of content from this website is allowed only after our agreement. In case of need to contact, click ." The "here" link is broken btw. Kinda ironic that. lol I can see they use someone elses tools though to convert renpy to an HTML format. We might look into that in the future, but for now I'm afraid our only support/knowledge base is for renpy.

May 26, 2019

"Gamcore has made a note of only uploading games with the express permission of the developers. So I'm shocked to hear that this isn't the case for you and your game."
- They do? I couldn't find such an assertion. (Don't think I'd believe it if I did, but not gonna argue semantics. Especially on a pirate forum. lol :p) I am happy for the exposure we receive indirectly from gamecore monetizing our content, but the furthest we are involved with them is turning a blind eye.

I did see though in their TOS "Any copy of content from this website is allowed only after our agreement. In case of need to contact, click ." The "here" link is broken btw. Kinda ironic that. lol I can see they use someone elses tools though to convert renpy to an HTML format. We might look into that in the future, but for now I'm afraid our only support/knowledge base is for renpy.
Thanks for both responding in a timely manner and for the development of this awesome game!

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
So, after playing the Beta, and since Jenna, Angel, and Lily are end game for me, felt bad I had to be a dick to Debby, but sorry girl, Lily's tied for first.

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Saw on his patreon a post about December 30 release, don't know what it means, but it could be that game is fully is released

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes