jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I used to really like this game in its begining... felt like steady weekly updates, it was great.
Moved to twice a month updates... was still amazing... more than u can ask for really.
Few updates later moved into standard 1 update a month which was more than fine, still supported his patron at that point.
Popularity grew, more money started coming in but so did more delays, months started becoming month and a half with "the biggest episode yet" thing becoming their go to.
1 month became 2 months on the regular and i was done with it, havent played last few episodes...
Saw this thread pop up and i was like i remember this game, then i saw last update was more than 3 and 1/2 months ago, just makes me sad.
The game gradually took longer to update because it was getting bigger and more complex to make. It has several routes that are interconnected and what, a dozen or so LI's? Most of the top games, this one included, take several months to make. Cheeky hired some helpers (who both post here) and I believe he also hired (or is looking to hire) some artists too. Maybe when he finds them, updates will be a little quicker.

To your 2nd post.

You didn't say they are miking the game, but thats what "Popularity grew, more money started coming in but so did more delays, months started becoming month and a half with "the biggest episode yet" thing becoming their go to." implies.

kile

Aug 18, 2016
You didn't say they are miking the game, but thats what "Popularity grew, more money started coming in but so did more delays, months started becoming month and a half with "the biggest episode yet" thing becoming their go to." implies.
It implies its going down hill.

ive no problem saying someones milking if i believe that, no need to hide it behind some drawn out sentance, 0. im not there yet with this game as i havent payed much attention to it in a looong while.

Blaze616

Jul 26, 2018
What kind of research is required ? ive been following this game since the begining and jumped ship in the past 6ish months and its only gotten worse ? reading past 3 pages wont change my opinion that this game has been and still is going downhill.

As for me calling the dev a money-grubbing prick, milking or whatever label u want to put, which i havent. learn to read.
They deliver, eventually. Stating that something is imo going down hill after money kicks in =/= to me saying hes milking.

I have no idea why u need to draw everyone in with your "you look kinda foolish to the rest of us" cant u speak for yourself ? are you that insecure? holy shit.

I dont go around and bash devs in threads, i saw the thread, it made me kinda sad to see this and i typed what i felt. relax.
Hey man, I am calm. Maybe I saw the subtext in your text and thought it did not really apply to this game. And I disagreed. So yeah that's it. And about the insecurity thing sure like a lot of people I am insecure about a lot of stuff but I wasn't when I was writing my comment. I was just trying to be polite and wrote what naturally came to me. But you know what it's a valid criticism. From the next time, I will state it as my own opinion. Have a nice day pal !! Stay safe !!

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Come on guys. Whatever your views we are all entitled to it. To address concerns and things though if you didn't see the patreon posts that find their way here. To summarize, we had setbacks, and the current state of the world isn't doing anyone any favors, but we are up to a solid 4 man team now. Cheeky in the lead as always, Red and Cell handling art for us and doing great considering they had to hit the ground running, and me helping with writing and support stuff. Phalzyr still helps us out with coding and other things, but has taken a step back as a full time member for real life reasons.

As for the dev cycle question. I am not sure what Cheeky used to keep to before I joined last year, but we have tried to maintain a 6 week cycle for updates, but considering his first update was something along the lines of 700 lines vs the standard 6,000 lines lately per update (who knew branching got complicated? :D) sometimes we didn't hit that mark and did a beta (like the photoshoot EP15). Current delay though we hope will be a total exception to that standard. That is why we felt it was only right to offer patreons who needed to drop now the full ep 17 version when it is ready regardless.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Game used to have weekly updates?¿?
Right at the start, but only a few of them and they were really tiny compared to how the once a month became.

Come on guys. Whatever your views we are all entitled to it. To address concerns and things though if you didn't see the patreon posts that find their way here. To summarize, we had setbacks, and the current state of the world isn't doing anyone any favors, but we are up to a solid 4 man team now. Cheeky in the lead as always, Red and Cell handling art for us and doing great considering they had to hit the ground running, and me helping with writing and support stuff. Phalzyr still helps us out with coding and other things, but has taken a step back as a full time member for real life reasons.

As for the dev cycle question. I am not sure what Cheeky used to keep to before I joined last year, but we have tried to maintain a 6 week cycle for updates, but considering his first update was something along the lines of 700 lines vs the standard 6,000 lines lately per update (who knew branching got complicated? :D) sometimes we didn't hit that mark and did a beta (like the photoshoot EP15). Current delay though we hope will be a total exception to that standard. That is why we felt it was only right to offer patreons who needed to drop now the full ep 17 version when it is ready regardless.
Well, the six weeks rule, has that really worked? Maybe once, the other times there were delays for valid reasons AND the episodes continued to grow bigger and bigger.
I guess if you only look at the frequency of the updates, you could think that things are becoming worse, but as someone who has followed this game from the first update until now, I actually consider this last update the first that was really troubled.
And lets be honest here, 16 updates (with the last few being really large by the usual standards on this site) and a game that becomes more complex each time, with a level of writing and story among the best on F95, with awesome renders and a line-up of characters, where even my least favourite ones are still fucking hot, meansCheeky and his team are doing a great job (including you of course).

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Right at the start, but only a few of them and they were really tiny compared to how the once a month became.

Well, the six weeks rule, has that really worked? Maybe once, the other times there were delays for valid reasons AND the episodes continued to grow bigger and bigger.
I guess if you only look at the frequency of the updates, you could think that things are becoming worse, but as someone who has followed this game from the first update until now, I actually consider this last update the first that was really troubled.
And lets be honest here, 16 updates (with the last few being really large by the usual standards on this site) and a game that becomes more complex each time, with a level of writing and story among the best on F95, with awesome renders and a line-up of characters, where even my least favourite ones are still fucking hot, meansCheeky and his team are doing a great job (including you of course).
Haha. Ya, the complexity with the branching does introduce something of an exponential factor that I think even Cheeky underestimated early on, but that usually puts more strain on the writing/coding. Which we are managing alright, but the delay in casting and catching up artists has put the renders behind the writing when we usually try to progress in lock step. We also got ambitious enough to raise the bar a little with our quality given the new talent we have at our disposal, that I hope when you see it will make up for the delay. (I personally am incredibly hyped about it.)

blaackstarr

Dec 24, 2018
Haha. Ya, the complexity with the branching does introduce something of an exponential factor that I think even Cheeky underestimated early on, but that usually puts more strain on the writing/coding. Which we are managing alright, but the delay in casting and catching up artists has put the renders behind the writing when we usually try to progress in lock step. We also got ambitious enough to raise the bar a little with our quality given the new talent we have at our disposal, that I hope when you see it will make up for the delay. (I personally am incredibly hyped about it.)
That preview of Monica, she looks the best she has ever looked. And I already liked how she looked, lol.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
I’m just happy that we at least have communication with what’s going on with the game and extremely happy that it’s going to be a longer update compared to the last so I’m good with waiting for the ladies :love:

Reactions: acewinz

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
Is the dev following the footsteps of L&P and DrPinkcake on 3-4 month cycle?
As mentioned previously (* if you back track)- complications this time around as the team lost a member, the substitute bailed without notice & they ended up with a whole new art team. So just an unavoidable spanner in the otherwise smoothly running gears this time around.

* post #11,944 on page 598

Last edited:

Boracle

Jun 3, 2017
Guys, chill a bit.

Opinions are good and all, but they are like dicks - it's OK to have one; it's OK to be proud of it, but it's not OK to force it on other people. I also don't like waiting but hey, that's the world we live in - good things take time. And yeah - we can't make all people read everything; our brains evolved to extrapolate information with as least details as possible. I prefer 1 release every 6 or so weeks with a lot of material, than a droplet sizes every week, but this is entirely up to personal preferences just like the ladies. Just hope there will be some good action and fun with Katie :D

imunisasi

Dec 4, 2017
Guys, chill a bit.

Opinions are good and all, but they are like dicks - it's OK to have one; it's OK to be proud of it, but it's not OK to force it on other people. I also don't like waiting but hey, that's the world we live in - good things take time. And yeah - we can't make all people read everything; our brains evolved to extrapolate information with as least details as possible. I prefer 1 release every 6 or so weeks with a lot of material, than a droplet sizes every week, but this is entirely up to personal preferences just like the ladies. Just hope there will be some good action and fun with Katie :D
i enjoy wthi story from begining, lol it looklike reading novel with image and moving image plus another image
so please wait dev working on it

Reactions: acewinz
4.40 star(s) 324 Votes