acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Hmmm. Getting a bit tense in here. I can understand though given the wait, but we would rather delay than release an inferior product. We are finalizing things now and so long as something else major doesn't jump out at us from the QC guys it will be released today.

As for the question of are we working, it's just my word, but Cheeky has been putting in 14-19 hours solid on the game the last 3 days. I've been close behind those numbers.

As for those curious about the pay. Honestly, only the top tier devs in the adult VN community make what you would consider a full time jobs pay doing this. Cheeky maintains a fulltime job outside of this (and is still working, although he took days off to tie up this update), Red I'm pretty sure is a fulltimer outside of this as well, not sure about Cell, but I would assume so also. I'm the only one that doesn't work per say (full time dad). I am positive that after the money is split between us that none of us make what would be considered minimum wage where I live in the US (8-10$ an hour in most places).

There is also the factor of assets. The models/backgrounds etc we use aren't free, at least if you purchase the rights to use them which we do. Just the clothing you see on Jenna this episode for example, was 400$ US. Adult VN development is usually a labor of love and/or perversion. :)

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Wow - things really turned into a slanging match since I checked this earlier today - all because the update has been delayed a bit longer due to washout. Wouldn't surprise me if some comments were purely to bait others.

It'll take a bit longer before it's available here as well once released - unless one of the higher tiers leaks it. Will just wait untill I can get it for free & still no doubt enjoy it.
Hehe. The usual lag time to it leaking here is usually less than 2 hours. Our patreons did get a break last release though because of the holiday and had it almost a whole day. With the upgrades to our tiers for everyone because of the delay. I'm calling one hour this time after patreon release.

Reactions: botc76

Boracle

Jun 3, 2017
Think it's time for conspiracy and bets - who do you put your money on for being the 3rd party in the will?? My money is on Jolina. She teamed up with someone but so far can't say for sure who.

Also, Ace, i guess you may missed my question - out of the parts of the story that were your creation, is there anything based on real life events which you witnessed somewhere? Can respond only with yes and no :)

Benares

May 12, 2017
Hehe. The usual lag time to it leaking here is usually less than 2 hours. Our patreons did get a break last release though because of the holiday and had it almost a whole day. With the upgrades to our tiers for everyone because of the delay. I'm calling one hour this time after patreon release.
national holiday+quarantine+ep 17.

tomorrow i will be a very happy man :D

Ratata21

May 6, 2017
Hmmm. Getting a bit tense in here. I can understand though given the wait, but we would rather delay than release an inferior product. We are finalizing things now and so long as something else major doesn't jump out at us from the QC guys it will be released today.

As for the question of are we working, it's just my word, but Cheeky has been putting in 14-19 hours solid on the game the last 3 days. I've been close behind those numbers.

As for those curious about the pay. Honestly, only the top tier devs in the adult VN community make what you would consider a full time jobs pay doing this. Cheeky maintains a fulltime job outside of this (and is still working, although he took days off to tie up this update), Red I'm pretty sure is a fulltimer outside of this as well, not sure about Cell, but I would assume so also. I'm the only one that doesn't work per say (full time dad). I am positive that after the money is split between us that none of us make what would be considered minimum wage where I live in the US (8-10$ an hour in most places).

There is also the factor of assets. The models/backgrounds etc we use aren't free, at least if you purchase the rights to use them which we do. Just the clothing you see on Jenna this episode for example, was 400$ US. Adult VN development is usually a labor of love and/or perversion. :)
Thank you for all the hard work. I knew making these games was complex, i just didn't know how much.

Reactions: acewinz

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
Wanda is actually your long-lost half-sister.
Which one's Wanda again? Feels like I gotta replay the entire game once the update hits since I've forgotten most of the characters and story. And from what I recall, it is not a short game.

• Wow
Reactions: Trojaner

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
Which one's Wanda again? Feels like I gotta replay the entire game once the update hits since I've forgotten most of the characters and story. And from what I recall, it is not a short game.
The (frizzy haired?) model with an attitude early in the game

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Think it's time for conspiracy and bets - who do you put your money on for being the 3rd party in the will?? My money is on Jolina. She teamed up with someone but so far can't say for sure who.

Also, Ace, i guess you may missed my question - out of the parts of the story that were your creation, is there anything based on real life events which you witnessed somewhere? Can respond only with yes and no :)
Jolina is one of the obvious choices, Bella might be the one she's working with.
Bella is also a suspect on her own. It would fit right in with the type of guy MCs father was to have both older and younger sister (apple not falling far from the tree here, for most of us, I'd guess :cool: ).
Angel is o course another possibility, it became pretty clear that she was one of "daddy's" girlfriends, though I doubt she was the only one.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
You never know - we could end up with a Dallas "Who shot JR" moment (showing my age - I know) where the MC wakes up in the shower & his a'hole father is still alive with it all being a dream :ROFLMAO:
Oooh! Who ends up in the shower, Patrick Duffy style?

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
Jolina is one of the obvious choices, Bella might be the one she's working with.
Bella is also a suspect on her own. It would fit right in with the type of guy MCs father was to have both older and younger sister (apple not falling far from the tree here, for most of us, I'd guess :cool: ).
Angel is o course another possibility, it became pretty clear that she was one of "daddy's" girlfriends, though I doubt she was the only one.
Jolina+Bella seem to be the big suspects from what we have seen so far. Unless Cheeky & Co. decide to do a Russos' style ending like in Infinity War, that leave us all dumbstruck like Thor here -

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I honestly do not know why are you complaining!? Lol. If i could support CG and their team i would, but life happens, i receantly lost job cus of corona. The point here is 2+ hours or shorter after Cheeky release the update someone leaks it here. And you get it for free. Now you are complaining cus CG wants bug free expiriance for the actual patrons and other supporters. Like you don't have other games to play. In any way be patient. As for devs best of luck. Stay helthy. Take care of your self.

gubl

May 31, 2018
Cheeky and team would honor release ETA most of the time and may be delaying it for week or two and sending some betta with reservation that content is unfinished.
But, this time they address it in snafu mode :) and this is not code or testing or content it is holistic snafu. Just curious to see what product will look alike for my own education.

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
I honestly do not know why are you complaining!? Lol. If i could support CG and their team i would, but life happens, i receantly lost job cus of corona. The point here is 2+ hours or shorter after Cheeky release the update someone leaks it here. And you get it for free. Now you are complaining cus CG wants bug free expiriance for the actual patrons and other supporters. Like you don't have other games to play. In any way be patient. As for devs best of luck. Stay helthy. Take care of your self.
Tough luck mate. I hope you bounce back sooner and fitter. I think games like these are a small solace from real world $hit!

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes