alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
Technically, we do actually see some nudes sent by Jenna to the MC on his phone. And selfies for Monica and even Zarah :)

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
Will you guys take into account adding more variation to the facial expressions during dialogue or would that increase the workload too much?
Also, thanks for not showing the MCs face, this adds immersion for me and I assume it also lightens the workload a bit. I really wish all games would do this.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Will you guys take into account adding more variation to the facial expressions during dialogue or would that increase the workload too much?
Also, thanks for not showing the MCs face, this adds immersion for me and I assume it also lightens the workload a bit. I really wish all games would do this.
We try to have a lot of facial variations, but it really does lighten the load to have a handful of general expressions to work in. Avoiding showing the MC's face was actually a result of patreon polling and actually creates more work avoiding showing than you would think when things get close. :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It makes it a lot harder and also limits camera angles on sex scenes which is why all games don't do it.

If you do it full first person every scene has to be set from that perspective which can be limiting so you need to put more into setting the scene right.

Some of the devs I talk to a lot won't do it from a first person because it means more work.

Reactions: ant007 and acewinz

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
Interesting, I learned something here. I guess I'll be more understanding from now on the faces aspect :)
As for workloads and rendering, do you guys use cloud computing at all?

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
That is not entirely true and I'm not just speaking of nudes some of the girls can send you.
I just spent the last near hour looking through all the screenshots of all episodes to see if i could find/see any of these pictures that may be in the background that may show something but i must be blind if they are there. lol
I did notice though that in Episode 13 there is a few screenshots with Katie in the hallway in front of the stairs and i have played this through 5 or 6 times but have never had this scene come up? Am i missing her saying something important? Can someone give me a gist of what is said? Thanks.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Interesting, I learned something here. I guess I'll be more understanding from now on the faces aspect :)
As for workloads and rendering, do you guys use cloud computing at all?
Cell tried it, but they time you out after a half hour which doesn't help much when you are doing bulk rendering. He considered using a mouse moving macro, but said to hell with it and bought a better video card instead.

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
TL;DR: 2/5 stars. A worthy attempt but leaves a lot to be desired, whether visuals, story, progression, lack of audio... if you're bored, give it a whirl but you might just be better moving on to another project. You will need some patience for this one with an open mind.

This probably gets better but... I got bored part way through chapter 3 or 4. I think the best character up to that point at least the story/chemistry was Katie and basically that was the only thing keeping me interested.

The are some unusual choices for the models and few of them strike my boxes. Why does Jenna look like a half Drow (this is not a bad thing but doesn't match the context)? The 'landlord?' looks almost 60 (I'm sorry I'm not that old), and the token diversity character?

The progression was another matter...it feels like I'm on a rail road... but that's part and parcel of episodic VNs I guess. The pacing is not bad, I wouldn't say it's the best in the world but it isn't the worst I think it just suffers due to the aforementioned issues. Some of the character design even after being blatantly rebuffed seemed to come back for more as if there was no problem whatsoever and was becoming tedious to keep rebuffing. So that along with the story... well... it wasn't enough to hold my interest.

Finally the main character...urghhhh... someone shoot me. Did not like.

Removed from my system and I'll move onto another project. I'm mostly leaving this for myself as I'll likely come back across this and wonder why I stopped playing it. I can only hope that this review is constructive, if the author wishes to attract a wider audience at least if not, I hope it doesn't dissuade them from creating more content and hopefully their next project will be better.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
TL;DR: 2/5 stars. A worthy attempt but leaves a lot to be desired, whether visuals, story, progression, lack of audio... if you're bored, give it a whirl but you might just be better moving on to another project. You will need some patience for this one with an open mind.

This probably gets better but... I got bored part way through chapter 3 or 4. I think the best character up to that point at least the story/chemistry was Katie and basically that was the only thing keeping me interested.

The are some unusual choices for the models and few of them strike my boxes. Why does Jenna look like a half Drow (this is not a bad thing but doesn't match the context)? The 'landlord?' looks almost 60 (I'm sorry I'm not that old), and the token diversity character?

The progression was another matter...it feels like I'm on a rail road... but that's part and parcel of episodic VNs I guess. The pacing is not bad, I wouldn't say it's the best in the world but it isn't the worst I think it just suffers due to the aforementioned issues. Some of the character design even after being blatantly rebuffed seemed to come back for more as if there was no problem whatsoever and was becoming tedious to keep rebuffing. So that along with the story... well... it wasn't enough to hold my interest.

Removed from my system and I'll move onto another project. I'm mostly leaving this for myself as I'll likely come back across this and wonder why I stopped playing it. I can only hope that this review is constructive, if the author wishes to attract a wider audience at least if not, I hope it doesn't dissuade them from creating more content and hopefully their next project will be better.
There's an actual section for reviews, if you scroll up.
It's right next to this one - Discussion.

Criticism in the thread is fine, but posting a review in here is pointless for the purposes of a review, and is basically just contributing to needless thread bloat.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

and what exactly is your point there?
you dont like vn-s? you are loli-guy who plays only with loli-characters?

im sure this post/review of yours is very useful to the devs and majority people here...glad you came along to open our eyes and wide our narrow views.

better do as Snugglepuff advised - remove that "useful" post from the thread, and post it in the "reviews".

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
Alex, I'll concede late 50s :/ . Though this is not down purely to physical reasons (where I'd probably concede early 50s), I'm thinking hair style, clothing and somewhat posing. I have no idea whether landlord or not, I make use of my own custom mods to change certain details to words I prefer, I'm guessing at what the word should be (I never base criticism of the main game if the mods are at fault or it's something I can easily change, just to be clear). As for Jenna, she doesn't look pale, she looks like a drow (I checked)... the skin seems (to me at least) a dark grey rather than pale (this is usually quite fair, white even but at the very least still a shade of orange). I figured it was just the shading at first but even in supposedly different lightning conditions... well there didn't seem to be any difference. Seemed like an odd skin tone to go for. Many thanks for treating an opinion as what it is :) .

Snugglepuff, that'd be a great point... if I could actually do that. I get an error message saying something along the lines of insufficient permissions. It's been that way since day one. I'm not overly fussed as I can contribute topically to the thread (seeing as how the title is the game and my post is about the game). Sadly others think posting ad hominems is somehow less thread bloat... :/

Fortunately... I have an ignore button :).

Lately, I've been playing Dreams and Desires, Milfy City, MotH in case that matters. Granted VNs are not normally my go to but they've been enjoying a bit of a renaissance with me lately.

• Angry
Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
My opinion is different from Lolzi, but obviously there are plenty of people with different tastes. I would question the choice to download it if the models didn't appeal since all the character's mentioned in the rating appear on the title page.

I like the main character and felt it was a nice change from the creeper types so common in these games. There were a couple points where he seemed to miss obvious things, but that's understandable with the developers trying to make him human. The one criticism I have for the main character is I wish he could be played more honest with the other characters. He seems nice and caring other than the lying. I like Being a Dik as well and feel the main character in it is more honest (although also less confident and a bit whiny at times - especially in their chapter 4). I also appreciate that the main character in this game is taller than what is used in several other games.

I downloaded this and started over at the beginning and haven't got to the new (chapter 17) material yet, but wanted to be familiar with it again when I played that section. It is still one of my top three games on the site (Being a Dik and City of Broken Dreamers being the other top picks for me). I like running the romance with all the choices, so like others the Harem ending would have been appealing though I expect it would have always had to have been an unattached bonus feature (at least if an orgy representation was desired rather than mutual dating - being on Patreon Jenna/Katie/Monica and Elaine/Bella can't end up together). For those who still want that ending my suggestion would be to go to Patreon and get the highest level support you can afford and comment the desire there (If I were a developer the opinion of someone paying for my work would certainly be more persuasive - I'm not a supporter yet, but this is one of the three main developers I would like to support at some point).

I look forward to seeing more of this and hope if the designers do more games int he future they continue with confident and competent main characters.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I think in the beginning the MC doesn't really lie but then he has to in order to be able to sleep with all the girls for as much as possible. That's on us as players who control his decisions. Also, being caring and lying aren't at all mutually exclusive.
If I had a complaint, it's that I'm tired of hearing the girls fawn over the MC's big dick, how he's the biggest they've ever seen and omg will it fit them and ruin them for other men. It's been done to death in almost all games, just give him a medium, normal-sized dick. Or maybe some guys live their fantasy of a big dick this way? I never thought about it until now :)

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
My opinion is different from Lolzi, but obviously there are plenty of people with different tastes. I would question the choice to download it if the models didn't appeal since all the character's mentioned in the rating appear on the title page.

I look forward to seeing more of this and hope if the designers do more games int he future they continue with confident and competent main characters.
Potential. This game has a lot of it. With revisions perhaps to the earlier chapters, this game could be raised a few notches. A little work on the dialog here, some model refinement there, posing adjustment the other and I think the game would be more enjoyable. Normally in these games you can... ignore characters you're not interested in... or friendzone them so perhaps tinkering with the ren'py logic could help (consider it a quality of life improvement). Some of the models did appeal some didn't... for me most of the time the character matters more than the model but... sadly this wasn't pulled off properly. In short the 'core' is there but needs polish.

I also agree with you about the MC, It was a nice touch that they aimed for something... 'else' for the basis behind the main character. More choice for different play styles would have been nice... even if ultimately there were no real changes to the reactions.

What I did like for the most part was scroll back wasn't limited (as much), this is pretty much a life saver if I accidentally click the wrong option. Or some action a little earlier had a surprising knock on effect, that meant for me at least not being able to keep my suspension of disbelief.

Reactions: CheekyGimp

Ulrich37

Apr 1, 2018
First off, I want to give a big shout-out to the Dev here. This is a fantastic game with a well-developed mystery that adds to the overall enjoyment factor. Thanks for your work and for sharing this with the community! I hope the donations keep rolling in.

As we come to the end of the story (and I suspect we are a handful of releases from the finish), the main mystery of the story is, as yet, unsolved.

I would like to put my theory out there regarding how it will play out, and who I think the 'villain' of the story will be. Perhaps I'm borrowing from previous theories, but this thread is too long and I've not done a lot of reading of what others also think, so far. Pardon me if most of this is already established theory, or if certain combinations have already been ruled out.

Also, this is pretty long, so I’ll include a TL : DR here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to reply with your thoughts on the end game, or if you think I missed something!

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes