CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Here you go.
Ep6x PC
Ep6x MAC

Let's get the word out for this one!
I know this post will be unpopular, but here goes anyway.....(and no hard feelings for anyone that plays the leaked version - my only gripe is with those that leak them too early).
These leaks are happening way too early for my liking. Previously, the new updates were getting leaked slightly early, but not too bad (1 week or less before the official free release), but now @leporis is dropping them straight away which is not ideal (my private message trying to appeal to his better nature obviously didn't work). I know some people argue that these leaks actually help the game (gets the word out about it and all that ...), but the facts are: Since he/she started these leaks, my Patreon growth has almost ground to a halt (less than 7% growth in a month, compared to > 80% growth in previous months), so to be clear: This WILL hurt the game. As per my Patreon goals, I was hoping to get a second member into the team and was on track to hit this goal in a month or two, but it's not looking likely now. I plan on slightly reducing the number of hours I put into this personally (approx. 50 hours per week in addition to my full-time job, as it is not sustainable on a long-term basis), so hence the plans to add a second person to the DEV team (which would help increase the quantity & quality per update). Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out which Patreon member he/she is and ban them from supporting me (have it narrowed down to 18 people already) , but it'll take a while. I could narrow it down further by creating multiple MEGA links (slightly different versions) and sending out to smaller groups but that obviously takes extra time out of the game development (but that feels petty and is also a pain in the ass), so will decide this month if that's the route I want to take.
Or, because I feel bad charging customers if they are not receiving the perks they are paying for (i.e. early access) I might scrap the whole Patreon thing and just go back to DEV'ing / releasing completely for free (don't worry, I will still continue to develop & finish this game even if I come off Patreon). Without paying customers / Patreon deadlines, I could go back to DEV'ing at my leisure (no more all-nighters - Woohoo), so that certainly has an appeal, but it would result in a new episode every 3 months+, rather than 4-5 weeks. I just spent 25hours solid out of the past 36 working on this game, and local time is 3am and I'm up at 6:30 for work tomorrow, so will need to make a decision this month or next about how I plan to finish this game over the next several months as a one-man-team.

I'm not looking for people to jump in and support or argue against this message (I want to keep this forum on subject to discuss the game and not kick of an argument about how soon is "too soon" to release these un-official free versions), so please don't pile in, either to my defense or to argue against this message....

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
I was just thinking about this game today after someone mentioned it yesterday i think. I really love this game and god damn do i love Monica, beautiful smile, bountiful chest and hips that should have a tattoo that says "Dangerous Curves". Pervertiness aside its got some very nice romantic content that makes me happy. *Puts on pith helmet and khaki shirt and shorts* Now if you will excuse me i have to restart the game due to a hardware upgrade, and i have a cougar to hunt!

Reactions: CheekyGimp

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Cool - Thanks for the feedback. Good to get specifics on what people like / don't like.
And as mentioned previously, I would love to get some real animations in, rather than these hokey 2-3 frame loops, but I just don't have the time. So the real decision is whether to remove these loops completely or whether some people prefer them to static images only ( to at least give a basic indication of "movement"). It comes down to personal preference (and I'm on the fence about it), so I'll probably put it to a vote this month and see what the majority thinks and go with that. But definitely a topic I want to get some feedback on. I also think the blinking animations look good (I'm not complimenting the ones in this game specifically - I mean in general), I think they worked well in DMD, so that's where I got the inspiration.

MrStark

Jun 22, 2018
And as mentioned previously, I would love to get some real animations in, rather than these hokey 2-3 frame loops, but I just don't have the time. So the real decision is whether to remove these loops completely or whether some people prefer them to static images only ( to at least give a basic indication of "movement"). It comes down to personal preference (and I'm on the fence about it), so I'll probably put it to a vote this month and see what the majority thinks and go with that. But definitely a topic I want to get some feedback on. I also think the blinking animations look good (I'm not complimenting the ones in this game specifically - I mean in general), I think they worked well in DMD, so that's where I got the inspiration)
I prefer to have animations, even short ones. Even a couple of seconds of movement makes the scene more alive and it seems more special, like something significant is happening that you should take special notice of.

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
so i always wondered something is there anyway to date the cafe owner i mean i did want to ask her out so unless she thought me and my sister (childhood friend) were dating then i dont see any other reason for her to say she isnt interested in me
Both of these will be answered in the next update (Why she refused you and whether or not she will change her mind)

dafifer

Dec 31, 2017
This is one of my favorite games. After playing the first couple episodes, I joined the $1 patreon. Hoping to bump it to $5 starting next month, as I'm getting more than $5 entertainment out of each of these episodes. The developer is awesome for listening and incorporating the opinions and thoughts of his "readership", but the excellent writing combined with the great art keeps me coming back. Keep up the great work and I'll keep coming back for more!

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not normally so cranky, so it's probably best I get to bed :). Up for work in less than 3 hours. And my boss in Air Traffic control office doesn't like it when I turn up for work exhausted. OK, OK, I don't work in Air Traffic control, but I still need some sleep. As usual, let me know what worked / what didn't work in this latest update and one specific question I would leave people with is: Are the individual scenes too long? i.e. would people prefer more scenes (but shorter) ?

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
And as mentioned previously, I would love to get some real animations in, rather than these hokey 2-3 frame loops, but I just don't have the time. So the real decision is whether to remove these loops completely or whether some people prefer them to static images only ( to at least give a basic indication of "movement"). It comes down to personal preference (and I'm on the fence about it), so I'll probably put it to a vote this month and see what the majority thinks and go with that. But definitely a topic I want to get some feedback on. I also think the blinking animations look good (I'm not complimenting the ones in this game specifically - I mean in general), I think they worked well in DMD, so that's where I got the inspiration.
I really think you should do exactly what you want and not be too influenced by the fans or what worked or not in other games

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
add it as a goal in patreon, i think you will get there in time, i will try to get more help for your game in other fórums ;)

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
i prefer the couple frame animations to not having any at all
This. Right here. @CheekyGimp You'll get more love for having some than none at all. Although you will be criticized no matter what either way good or bad, cause internet. My opinion, if its taking up shitloads of time that could be spent say making a whole other scene don't do it. If you have it down so its not so bad, then do.

But hey, I'm just a pirate. I'm done with and hate the Patreon model altogether. I really wish we had some kind of English language DLsite so people could just sell finished (or at least more complete) games.... Steam sorta kinda cleared the decks for more adult oriented stuff. We will have to see what if anything comes of it. =/

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
Cool - Thanks for the feedback. Good to get specifics on what people like / don't like.
I didn't mind the blinking, but I did find it funny every time her eyes closed, the hair over her eyes would fold down. (I'm not complaining about it, I just thought it was funny).

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Compressed versions
MAC (156MB) PS: Can't test it so it might work or not
Mega :
Gdive :
Just a heads up that the Mac compressed version will not launch for me. I could uncompress it just fine, but trying to run the app produces an error:
The application “WhereTheHeartIs.app” can’t be opened.

Had to use the compressed PC version on my mac with the RenPY sdk instead which works fine.

Reactions: Renetta
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes