Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Don't forget the pizza delivery boys!
Unless it's the pizza delivery guy in Busting the Babysitter who had to go through Sienna West's old "Oh, I won't take the pizza since it's sliced in eight pieces instead of four, I could never eat eight" joke only to be sent off afterwards.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
"call around"
Does anyone know what that means? They seem to be repeating that a lot in this script.
If the game developer has a proofreader, he should fire him and give me a shot.
I can''t do any worse then that mess. There were just so many easy mistakes to fix.
I go through it twice to fix those mistakes, no big deal.......peace.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
"call around"
Does anyone know what that means? They seem to be repeating that a lot in this script.
I can''t do any worse then that mess. There were just so many easy mistakes to fix.
Don't take this the wrong way, or do, whatever... I don't think anyone would hire you as a proofreader, I spotted 4 mistakes just in your little troll post.

PS Ending your troll posts with peace doesn't make them automatically nice posts.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
"call around"
Maybe you should play the game to know what you're talking about Willis.
We are far from perfect and none of us is an English major, well except maybe Phalzyr, but a lot of what you may be seeing are the standard variations between UK and US spelling/phrasing. We try to keep to a UK standard, but sometimes my US roots could show and make us have to apologise instead of apologize. But feel free to "call around" and post anything you see as an error and we will probably fix it. :D Even with spellchecking and a QC team of 5-7 volunteers, sometimes things slip through. Especially on less trod paths.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
"call around"
The phrase "call around" occurs 25 times. As you're a pro-proofreader you presumably already know it's being used as a synonym for visit in this context.

Seemed intelligible to me, though I'd use "call round" myself. Australians sort of speak UK English so your mileage may vary.

We are far from perfect and none of us is an English major, well except maybe Phalzyr, but a lot of what you may be seeing are the standard variations between UK and US spelling/phrasing.
Oh come on, we all know Cheeky is this generations James Joyce! :)

• Haha
Reactions: acewinz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
The phrase "call around" occurs 25 times. As you're a pro-proofreader you presumably already know it's being used as a synonym for visit in this context.

Seemed intelligible to me, though I'd use "call round" myself. Australians sort of speak UK English so your mileage may vary.

Haha. Cheeky is much more modest. I think the last tongue-in-cheek author comparison he made in self reference was Robert Jordan. But I think he was refering more to his series length than style. :) Oh, and that if anything happens to him I know enough to pull a "Sanderson" and try and finish things as he intends. :p

I would probably have went with Douglas Adams/Eoin Colfer comparison myself given our mutual sense of humor though. :D

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Haha. Cheeky is much more modest. I think the last tongue-in-cheek author comparison he made in self reference was Robert Jordan. But I think he was refering more to his series length than style. :) Oh, and that if anything happens to him I know enough to pull a "Sanderson" and try and finish things as he intends. :p
Just as long as you guys don't emulate WoT's meandering back half we'll all be relieved. :D

I would probably have went with Douglas Adams/Eoin Colfer comparison myself given our mutual sense of humor though. :D
Adams would be a better fit, but being a pom rules him out. Haven't heard of , but if Irish children's books are like WTHI then it's no wonder they have a reputation as a rowdy bunch!

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Just as long as you guys don't emulate WoT's meandering back half we'll all be relieved. :D

Adams would be a better fit, but being a pom rules him out. Haven't heard of , but if Irish children's books are like WTHI then it's no wonder they have a reputation as a rowdy bunch!
Haha! I only read his ending for Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but you could be right about the children's books. :)

Just so long as we don't start like Frank Herbert Jr. and end like Kevin J Anderson. We can call it a win. :p

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
We are far from perfect and none of us is an English major, well except maybe Phalzyr, but a lot of what you may be seeing are the standard variations between UK and US spelling/phrasing. We try to keep to a UK standard, but sometimes my US roots could show and make us have to apologise instead of apologize. But feel free to "call around" and post anything you see as an error and we will probably fix it. :D Even with spellchecking and a QC team of 5-7 volunteers, sometimes things slip through. Especially on less trod paths.
Are you serious?
There must be close to 17 Episodes worth of mistakes.
I'm on Episode 15, so I'll start from there but not too many. only the really annoying ones.
It would be easy if I knew where the script was and have it fixed in a day or 2.
Call around....Call around.....Call around??????
Are you trying to say "come back"?
It sure sounds like it in some of those sentences.
Also that use of "(better)" word was kinda my idea.
I don't know how it got leaked, not that I mind, if it helps you.
I kinda use it for every sentence I have to fix, and I mean every sentence....peace.

Last edited:

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019

Call around is the Australianese, UKnese, Chinese and Crapanese way of saying "come back"
Everybody has a fancy way of saying something differently in different countries that mean nothing.
But it only makes sense to them and not here in the good ole US of A.
Good ole US of A?
Even that don't make sense, but we use it anyway.....peace.

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Are you serious?
There must be close to 17 Episodes worth of mistakes.
I'm on Episode 15, so I'll start from there but not too many. only the really annoying ones.
It would be easy if I knew where the script was and have it fixed in a day or 2.
Call around....Call around.....Call around??????
Are you trying to say "come back"?
It sure sounds like it in some of those sentences.
Also that use of "(better)" word was kinda my idea.
I don't know how it got leaked, not that I mind, if it helps you.
I kinda use it for every sentence I have to fix, and I mean every sentence....peace.
If you don't like it, you have a number of choices; don't play it, or don't worry about the very few mistakes that make it through the testing phase, or make your own game to show us all how it should be done.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Call around is the Australianese, UKnese, Chinese and Crapanese way of saying "come back"
Everybody has a fancy way of saying something differently in different countries that mean nothing.
But it only makes sense to them and not here in the good old US of A.
The world is bigger as the good ole USA and some of the terms they use mean nothing to the rest of the world. Remember they neither invented the English language, nor do they own it. They just speak their own dialect of it, which can actually vary quite a bit already over the different States. :p

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
The world is bigger as the good ole USA and some of the terms they use mean nothing to the rest of the world. Remember they neither invented the English language, nor do they own it. They just speak their own dialect of it, which can actually vary quite a bit already over the different States. :p
Nobody owns nothing cause it's just senseless pride that drives them
No car, home or grave. Sooner or later we all have to give up space for more or better things.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
But it only makes sense to them and not here in the good old US of A.
Oh dear, this must be how those unfortunate stereotypes about insular Americans become established...

It's written in English, it's right there in the name of our language. :LOL:

Thankfully we're on the global internet, not 'here' in the USA. Where an Irishman & friends gets to publish a fun erotic VN for all of us to enjoy.

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes