Boracle

Jun 3, 2017
Are you serious?
There must be close to 17 Episodes worth of mistakes.
I'm on Episode 15, so I'll start from there but not too many. only the really annoying ones.
It would be easy if I knew where the script was and have it fixed in a day or 2.
Call around....Call around.....Call around??????
Are you trying to say "come back"?
It sure sounds like it in some of those sentences.
Also that use of "(better)" word was kinda my idea.
I don't know how it got leaked, not that I mind, if it helps you.
I kinda use it for every sentence I have to fix, and I mean every sentence....peace.
Dafuq is wrong with you ppl? Yes, there are some minor mistakes, but they're all typing ones and really rare. The use of different phrases isn't a mistake. It's been said many times before that "call around" can be used in many cases. I know reading books isn't for everyone (i myself hate it since was a child), but in novels this exact phrase is used quite a lot. They use it also in movies, which are adaptations of the said novels. Even Mythbusters used it often in their show when someone from the cast explained they were about to search for something and will be calling different stores and locations to find it. I remember there was a similar discussion in some other game, where the dev used "bla bla bla smth smth smth i can get coming your way" (can't quote the exact phrase) and people couldn't get the meaning. There's ton of idioms and phrases which can be used to enrich the narrative and it's all up to the author/developer. Unless you are an English Major please try restrain yourself from posting criticism about the writing style. Next time if some phrase isn't familiar to you, instead of criticizing the author, go google it. You might learn something new and improve your language skills. Don't be like Drax - "Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast."

P.S.
Here's a top tip: if you wanna learn new words and forms of expressions (but like me hate books or you just don't have time for them), just watch interviews or read articles from Jeremy Clarkson. The guy does have a strong opinion, but he pays quite a lot of attention to his words. Many of his columns and in fact the script for The Grand Tour are filled with idioms and all kinds of rare expressions.

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Are you serious?
There must be close to 17 Episodes worth of mistakes.
I'm on Episode 15, so I'll start from there but not too many. only the really annoying ones.
It would be easy if I knew where the script was and have it fixed in a day or 2.
Call around....Call around.....Call around??????
Are you trying to say "come back"?
It sure sounds like it in some of those sentences.
Also that use of "(better)" word was kinda my idea.
I don't know how it got leaked, not that I mind, if it helps you.
I kinda use it for every sentence I have to fix, and I mean every sentence....peace.
Call around is the Australianese, UKnese, Chinese and Crapanese way of saying "come back"
Everybody has a fancy way of saying something differently in different countries that mean nothing.
But it only makes sense to them and not here in the good ole US of A.
Good ole US of A?
Even that don't make sense, but we use it anyway.....peace.
Well now that was coherent... as a US native I can say I never had any problems following along with WTHI idioms and phrasing. Since joining the team there is a very rare occasion when Cheeky will ask me if a phrase is used in the "good ole US of A"... and so far while the mileage may vary, they pretty much always are. (I believe the last one he asked me was if we use "give someone a lift" to mean a ride :D). The relative differences in language are thankfully few that would present any difficulties for most. It is just a "skip across the pond" eh? "A small world after all" and all that.

As for "Call around" since you are overly fixated on it. If I "ventured a guess", the phrase likely predates the telephone in both the US and the UK. Probably originating from the phrase "to pay a call on", aka "ye olde fancy" speak for a visit, a likely Victorian-esque era hold over. A bygone era whereby they even had designated lengths for a proper "call" when visiting, where politeness was of paramount importance in social protocol... such standards have unfortunately "gone by the wayside", but I digress. The use of "Call around" possibly waned in the US more after the telephone adopted the use of the word "call" for it's own devices, but I had no problems recognizing the connotation. 1593444503557.png

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Aside from contractions, I found little problems in the script on Episode 15 like this.
Wanda
Oh (MC). Thank you so much. I know you're not big on compliments, but just saying something nice about me every now means the world to me.
Oh (MC). Thank you so much. I know you're not big on compliments, but just saying something nice about me every now and then means the world to me.(better)
Oh (MC). Thank you so much. I know you're not big on compliments, but hearing you say something nice about me every now and then means the world to me.(better)
Oh (MC). Thank you so much. I know you're not big on compliments, but hearing you say something nice to me every now and then means the world to me(better)
You're welcome.

Reactions: Hammerhiem

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Found another one.
Wanda
I'll also continue to show (MC)! I know he cannot keep his eyes off me. Especially this pose. It's his favourite.
I'll also continue to show (MC)! I know he cannot keep his eyes off me. Especially this pose. It's his favorite.(better)
I'll also continue to show (MC)! I know he cannot keep his eyes off me. Especially in this pose. It's his favorite.(better)
I'll also continue to show (MC)! I know he can't keep his eyes off me. Especially in this pose. It's his favorite.(better)

favourite is the British way of saying favorite.

And he's seen it plenty of times before. And not just during this shoot. But he never seems to tire of looking at me.
And he's seen it plenty of times before. And not just during this shoot. But he never seems to get tired of looking at me.(better)
And he has seen it plenty of times before. And not just during this shoot. But he never seems to get tired of looking at me.(better)

It seems that from this point on the mistakes are going to show up more.
I just fixed three, so I'm not doing the rest. The script needs a good proofreader.
I just clicked fast at the beginning of this Episode, so maybe I missed some.

Also I find it amazing that Wanda and Angel look a lot better with lingerie on then naked.
Must be those close ups. They show their curves better.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
Thank God a good part of us is not "English" but "Engrish" and this allows us to read the texts even if there are mistakes and understand them without problems.
I don't think it is vitally important for us if we read cannot or can't, if Call around is used too many times or if we read favorite or favourite.
I find it convenient not to be "English" and enjoy a video game without looking for mistakes.
I'm sorry if someone doesn't agree but I don't have a problem with it.
Long life to WTHI and Cheeky Team

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Thank God a good part of us is not "English" but "Engrish" and this allows us to read the texts even if there are mistakes and understand them without problems.
I don't think it is vitally important for us if we read cannot or can't, if Call around is used too many times or if we read favorite or favourite.
I find it convenient not to be "English" and enjoy a video game without looking for mistakes.
I'm sorry if someone doesn't agree but I don't have a problem with it.
Long life to WTHI and Cheeky Team
The script is half English with some British if nobody got that by now.
The word I haven't yet see is OI!!!!

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes