Mod QSP Abandoned Whore Life [v0.372] for Girl Life [Last update: 13.05.2021]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Sabberlot23

Dec 14, 2017
You can set the location where Volya drops you of in the phone. The $wl_loc variables save that location. Did you set the return location to the city/St.Petersburg? There was a bug in the code for that case. If you didn't set the city as the return location, could you upload a savegame before the bug happens that I can check a few variables?

Edit: Nevermind I found the problem. I have uploaded a new version that should take care of the problem.
Thanks a lot I m still trying to upload the save file but my internet connection is not really good for uploades and I couldn t sed it per attatchemt.

julzor

Modder
Nov 3, 2018
Thanks a lot I m still trying to upload the save file but my internet connection is not really good for uploades and I couldn t sed it per attatchemt.
No problem, but if the problem still persists even with the new version, please send me that save. Iirc you should be able to reduce the size significantly when you compress it.

Sabberlot23

Dec 14, 2017
Okay that was a good tip.
No problem, but if the problem still persists even with the new version, please send me that save. Iirc you should be able to reduce the size significantly when you compress it.

I hope it will help.

schwytany

Aug 11, 2018
i start new game and in belly`s bathroom after beaing captured and forced to do blowjobs i got no actions.

julzor

Modder
Nov 3, 2018
i start new game and in belly`s bathroom after beaing captured and forced to do blowjobs i got no actions.
That's strange. No actions at all? Not even the shower action? I didn't touch that location in months. Should be working fine. Could you upload a save a few steps in the blowjob scene before it happens?

schwytany

Aug 11, 2018
sure hear it is. i can`t exit bathroom .

Last edited:

julzor

Modder
Nov 3, 2018
sure hear it is. i can`t exit bathroom .
Thanks ... found the problem. They have renamed one of the most important variables that breaks everything in the current dev build. omfg ...

julzor

Modder
Nov 3, 2018
i think it`s break something in main game too
Yeah, changing a variable that is used everywhere is not a good idea :rolleyes:. I have uploaded a new version and a new glife.qsp as well. I tested your save and it works again.

schwytany

Aug 11, 2018
thx for quick answers. still got some error after i brush hair or try to exit. hear is save hear is link to save
1591534302022.png

Last edited:

philormand

Nov 25, 2018
Yeah, changing a variable that is used everywhere is not a good idea :rolleyes:. I have uploaded a new version and a new glife.qsp as well. I tested your save and it works again.
It is called refactoring code and is standard practice for professional development ;)
It makes the code easier for new devs to work on.
The down side is that it will break mods.

Oh and thanks for writing the mod, it is by far the best one as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: julzor

Sabberlot23

Dec 14, 2017
Thanks ... found the problem. They have renamed one of the most important variables that breaks everything in the current dev build. omfg ...
I though that was the "normal" approach these days.
But what exactly did they change i try to ceep the old mods up to date so I can play them with the new versions but since the last 4 dev versions I have pretty much given up on the task since there is no real coherent patchlog for all of the changes and the changes of the variabels or places made no sense to me since they could just make a NEW one for the new stuff.
And thx a lot for your help since i switched the variables to the new loactions my savegame works fine again, sorry to bother u with a me probelm.

philormand

Nov 25, 2018
But what exactly did they change i try to ceep the old mods up to date so I can play them with the new versions but since the last 4 dev versions I have pretty much given up on the task since there is no real coherent patchlog for all of the changes and the changes of the variabels or places made no sense to me since they could just make a NEW one for the new stuff.
And thx a lot for your help since i switched the variables to the new loactions my savegame works fine again, sorry to bother u with a me probelm.
the ones that broke it were probably Renamed metka and metkM to loc_arg and locM_arg.
The location name changes are documented here

julzor

Modder
Nov 3, 2018
thx for quick answers. still got some error after i brush hair or try to exit. hear is save hear is link to save
Thanks for the report :), I fixed it and updated the qsp again.

It is called refactoring code and is standard practice for professional development ;)
It makes the code easier for new devs to work on.
The down side is that it will break mods.

Oh and thanks for writing the mod, it is by far the best one as far as I am concerned.
Professional development ;) ... I normally would agree with you, but a new dev doesn't understand what $metka or $loc_arg is they have to ask either way. So to break every mod out there, even mods that aren't maintained anymore just so that a variable looks pretty is imho stupid. If it was an important change, but to lose content for this? Really? :D

A few weeks ago they already changed the location names of important locations which also broke every mod. We now have stuff like the location city_bobka instead of bobka. I guess that makes it somehow easier for new devs to know what bobka is :D

Why not create a list with the important variables like $metka with a small explanation. You could give that to every new coder. It would be imo a better solution than this.

julzor

Modder
Nov 3, 2018
you can find a list of all changed location names. The two variables they changed (that I know of, I asked in the tfgs forum, but I haven't gotten an answer) are $metka they changed it into $loc_arg and $metkaM they changed that to $locM_arg

philormand

Nov 25, 2018
Thanks for the report :), I fixed it and updated the qsp again.

Professional development ;) ... I normally would agree with you, but a new dev doesn't understand what $metka or $loc_arg is they have to ask either way. So to break every mod out there, even mods that aren't maintained anymore just so that a variable looks pretty is imho stupid. If it was an important change, but to lose content for this? Really? :D

A few weeks ago they already changed the location names of important locations which also broke every mod. We now have stuff like the location city_bobka instead of bobka. I guess that makes it somehow easier for new devs to know what bobka is :D

Why not create a list with the important variables like $metka with a small explanation. You could give that to every new coder. It would be imo a better solution than this.
The naming conventions are a mess at the moment. There is work in this release to rationalise and document them.
All locations should be prefixed with the region they belong to, to make them easier to find.
It will not need to be done regularly and makes sense to do as many as possible in one release, to reduce the work for mods.
The rational behind changing metka was because multiple people asked at the same time what they were.
There were three sets of linked variables $loc / $metka, $locM / $metkaM and $menu / $menu_arg. All are the location and the $ARG[0] associated with a gt/gs call.
As we already had $menu_arg we went with $loc / $loc_arg, $locM / $locM_arg and $menu / $menu_arg.
I know it is a pain for existing mods, but it does make it easier for new devs and modders.

yanchi

Dec 11, 2018
Thanks for continuing this mod, I really like this mod

In fact this is my favorite mod in glife;)

Reactions: Nykus
5.00 star(s) 11 Votes