3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
The artwork is great, and I agree with the above poster that the clock advancing is an excellent bit of paying attention to the little details, which I appreciate.

I also had a bit of trouble with the voice of the narration, but I too am struggling to describe exactly why. It just didn't "feel" like the writing style I've gotten accustomed to in your games.

My biggest criticism is that it's pretty verbose for a comic. Comics as a medium are very much dialog driven, and I always find they work best when they really lean into the adage of "show, don't tell." Long sections with just one character thinking about something are very hard to pull off. I think to accomplish what you wanted here, it may have been more effective to have the opening and use of the gift be, say two pages total, with very short descriptions of what she's thinking, followed by a few pages of her on the phone with her best friend and they're talking about what just happened in short, punchy sentences where she reveals her worries. Friend could tell her much of what the above poster mentioned, "sweetie, he got it for you because he wants it to blow your mind. You should tell him it did." Last page is her visiting hubby, she confesses she loved it, but was worried about telling him. He tells her she should never have worried and relay all the info you wanted there about how much he loves her and just wants her to be happy. Set-up, conflict, payoff.

Of course, all of that would involve even more rendering of more characters, which would be a lot of time spent for a side project one-shot deal, so I completely understand why you would go the route you did.

In any event, your work is always appreciated, thank you.

And most importantly of all, I sincerely hope you are feeling better!

• Red Heart
Reactions: c3p0 and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Wow... people actually noticed the work I did on the clock!! SWEET!!! Nice to know that little bit of effort, even for something so little, paid off!

Good points from the both of you on the Narrator's voice... goes to show the difference between writing while on painkiller and not... my voice while writing is too different and jarring. I was really worried about that.

Good point on the font Quetzzz, sorry for any trouble that I caused you in that. Definitely will make a note of that for any future work that I do going forward.

But, yeah, the narrator's voice... going to definitely need to work on that and get back to it if I am going to move forward and definitely can't be doing this while on meds. :cautious: Not only did it come out in a voice that people had trouble with, but... honestly... I struggled a bit to find the voice... so, I am sure that played a part in it as well.

So, thank you Quetzzz and Solomon Grundy, you both confirmed some important things for me and also have been very good in sharing some things that would've made that brief work better.

I think Solomon got the idea best and giving Carley someone to discuss those concerns she was having would've been better, than it be just conjecture in her head.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write out your thoughts, I really appreciate it.

Me fears about my writing on the drugs is definitely a factor in my storytelling, there is no doubt about it. Only thing I can think of that might make it less jarring is find someone that can take the writing I do and maybe rewrite it in their voice, instead... I need to think how I can overcome this, because it is pretty clear that my days of not being on pain meds is becoming less and less likely.

As for how I am doing, the injection has DEFINITELY helped... it has definitely reduced the pain that I've been having in my leg. The wife also, trying to help reduce it more, bought me a new office chair for my B-Day that, while it has a massage (which I won't use) feature, it also comes with a heating source for the lower back (which I will DEFINITELY be using) to try to keep swelling down in the lower back that puts further pressure on the sciatic nerve... those two things (the shot and chair) should go a long way to helping me.

While the shot has done the job for the right leg, I still have lesser issues with the left (which is NO WAY as bad as it is on the right and the reason I got the shot on the right side) and still having issues with my neck and left shoulder. While I am not getting the pain down the left arm into the elbow as much, there ARE days where it feels like my left collarbone is broken, the pain there gets that bad... hopefully with the new chair (replacing one that is at least 13 years old) that might have me sit a bit more correctly in it while I am working in Daz and on the game.

And, hopefully, with the shot and new chair, I can be a little less reliant on having to kill pain with my meds.

TLDR: I am much better, still on drugs, but less than before, still working to get stuff done for all of you.

antonio1508

Mar 25, 2020
omg when i'am reading last update 4 and 1/2 years ago ... :'( . I know there have been health problems but it remains an impressive period.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
omg when i'am reading last update 4 and 1/2 years ago ... :'( . I know there have been health problems but it remains an impressive period.
Yeah, lot's going on physically with me, with my spine breaking down, but still working on the game and getting better each day with the art... still got to work on my writing some, but getting there and will have a release for everyone!

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I will mirror what has already been said and meds and writing do not mesh well together.

An other thing I noticed. In comic books every word is precious since most of the space is occupied by illustration. Use that image to the fullest. do not use your precious words to describe what is happening in the panel, concentrate on telling us the various emotions and thoughts the character has. Even emotions if they can be told to the reader through facial expression and body language use that instead of words. Let the images do the grunt of the work.

Even through the meds your connection to the characters feelings could be felt in your words, making this small comic more arousing and erotic than a lot of whole VN I have read. If you were able to let the illustration do their job this connection would have been even deeper.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I will mirror what has already been said and meds and writing do not mesh well together.

An other thing I noticed. In comic books every word is precious since most of the space is occupied by illustration. Use that image to the fullest. do not use your precious words to describe what is happening in the panel, concentrate on telling us the various emotions and thoughts the character has. Even emotions if they can be told to the reader through facial expression and body language use that instead of words. Let the images do the grunt of the work.

Even through the meds your connection to the characters feelings could be felt in your words, making this small comic more arousing and erotic than a lot of whole VN I have read. If you were able to let the illustration do their job this connection would have been even deeper.
Really good advice, my friend.

I really need to do a better job of letting the images do the job they are intended to do, I even was at fault of doing that in the game according to some other feedback I had gotten. Sometimes the writer in me doesn't know when to shut up and honestly, this doing the artwork and doing the writing as well tends to throw me off some... Is the image good enough? Does it express what I wrote? Will people be able to understand what it is trying to convey?

I doubt myself a lot with the artwork... it was so much easier when I worked for a certain comic book company, that they would edit down what I wrote, once the artist did the task they were supposed to and the inker did their job... the artists loved me, since I would describe the whole scene for them in prose, so they could easily draw the scene out... but then the editor would come in and chop my stuff up to remove that stuff and other things that weren't needed... wish I sort of had that here with my game.

But will definitely work on that, I really want to find the balance that I need to make the scenes erotic, but not wordy... but not like it was written by a horny 15 year old like some games out there.

Will work on it.

As for writing and meds, yeah, it's really not a very good mixture. :(

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
14 paragraphs later....

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I'm kidding I'm kidding Jack! Forgive me..was too good to pass up hehehe.

Nothing to forgive my friend... not only funny, but also true... so, yeah, I wouldn't have been able to pass that up either. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Yeah, lot's going on physically with me, with my spine breaking down, but still working on the game and getting better each day with the art... still got to work on my writing some, but getting there and will have a release for everyone!
Hope you get better

• Red Heart
Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Take care of yourself first. Those of us who've been here a minute or two, we're mostly concerned that you're okay. We love ya, brother. Hooah.
Hope you get better
Yeah, definitely trying to take care of myself, Solomon Grundy, taking things one day at a time. The wife got me a new office chair for my B-day, to replace the one I've had for good while and hoping this helps to keep me a bit more comfortable while working at the computer... so far, it is pretty nice with good back support and a heating element that I can use to try and reduce swelling that I get back there.

Catwashere, doing the best that I can. Sadly, there is no way to prevent the disease, but been fighting against it now for 24 years and will keep fighting. May not exactly get better, health-wise, but can have better days... so, that is what I aim and work towards! :giggle:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
DP01.png

Now that we’ve reached the end of the NDA status of things, I am pleased to tell all of you that our VERY ADULT game series, “Wicked Choices” has been OPTIONED by Disney+ and by Kathleen Kennedy and will be produced by showrunner: Leslye Headland.

Putting an ENTIRELY NEW SPIN to the meaning for ‘DP’ in television programing, you can now look forward to our series to be WAY MORE INCLUSIVE than it ALREADY IS, which we feel will be fantastic for the new brand, as well!

This means that you can expect the Antichrist to be recrafted and gender-swapped and the game to be a complete lesbian f*ckfest of entertainment as many of the game’s white male characters are ridiculed and relitigated to wearing GIMP suits of all colors!

I am SUPER EXCITED and of course, having been optioned, I am no longer able to work on the game any further, but have made plenty of money from its purchase that allows me to only have to work PART-TIME at the local McDonalds on weekends to pay my bills!

Thank you so much for your support, love and I hope you truly enjoy the new series when it comes out in 2035!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Lucas Films, Marvel and now this. Disney is really gobbling up the most important companies producing content that have defined pop culture for generations.
Impressive!

Yeah, well, hopefully they wouldn't FUBAR "Wicked Choices" any more than it already is... oh, wait, that's right, this is Disney we're talking about. :unsure: :cautious: :oops::rolleyes::eek:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, well, hopefully they wouldn't FUBAR "Wicked Choices" any more than it already is... oh, wait, that's right, this is Disney we're talking about. :unsure: :cautious: :oops::rolleyes::eek:
More than using the wrong cast for the roles, rewrite the whole plot so that it fits their whole Disney narative, no the won't do more than that, I assume.:whistle::poop:

Also it is perfect for Disney: It has Princesses and magic already. Even the whole gender thing is covered with the Archdemonothans and Archangelions.

TheLegend1337

Aug 8, 2017
I thought this game was going to continue from the pov of the protagonist from the prequel... Seems that is not the case? Shame, this seemed really good initially, but im not interested in playing from the pov of a futa/femboy or whatever the MC of the sequel is supposed to be?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I thought this game was going to continue from the pov of the protagonist from the prequel... Seems that is not the case? Shame, this seemed really good initially, but im not interested in playing from the pov of a futa/femboy or whatever the MC of the sequel is supposed to be?
Did you read the intro for the game?:unsure: Otherwise, yes, you won't play Preston, but as one of three possible protagonist.
In th main game of this series (Wicked Choice one, two and three) you have played and will play as Preston. Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma is not a main game of the series and shows the world from a different perspective with story that add deepness to the Wicked Choice world and main story.

Reactions: Wyrme
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes