3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Always a delight to see some more Claire :love: , but that is a serious investment indeed.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Always a delight to see some more Claire :love: , but that is a serious investment indeed.
Yes, it would be, but if I did it right, besides it making things a lot quicker for me to do the game, I could also get it to pay for itself once I had it in hand... basically already do it for my 'real job' (the one that actually keeps a roof over my head), so it would just be a matter of doing it for my own game and work.

Got to get a little further along in the Prologue of "Adventures of a Changed Boy", but might consider doing a GoFund me or something like that to let me get the equipment for our team at which point I could pretty much do the same thing that Rooster Teeth does for RWBY and GEN LOCK, but do it for our games... like FULL ANIMATION!! ;)

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
Yeah, tell me about it, which I think using Character Sprite like these...

...for dialogue and conversations will speed things up in the creative process of the storytelling and I actually have an idea to make things much faster for doing the animations, but before I can do that, I need to spend about 6-10k... but would speed things up tremendously for everyone and myself.
I come back and see a wonderful pic of Claire? Instant like!!!

• Love
Reactions: Wyrme and ASLPro3D

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Sprites make a huge amount of sense -- though I will say that where they break down is when something occurs in game -- a character gets a black eye or changes clothes or... and the dev uses the same sprite as always. Takes me out of the game. :(

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Sprites make a huge amount of sense -- though I will say that where they break down is when something occurs in game -- a character gets a black eye or changes clothes or... and the dev uses the same sprite as always. Takes me out of the game. :(
Completely agree with you... and have considered that myself as well. Which is why we'll do our best to avoid those kinds of situations and have enough sprites done so it isn't too repetitive! ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
nmp02_0086.png

UPDATE: Nearing the Finish Line… (in more ways than one)! – July 29, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everyone, I trust that you all had a good weekend and a start to a new week… It’s that time again, to give you an update as to the progress of things around here in regard to “Chapter Two” of the prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy”!

While it has been a challenge, things have been progressing quite nicely around here and I am pleased to report that I am heading to the finish line on it.

cpt2_7_29_2019.png

As you can see by the recent TWINE FILE image here, this chapter has turned out to be quite the MONSTER, with multiple different paths and options that you can choose to go, with many different outcomes, story content, stat changes and different options for the “good stuff” (i.e.: sex)!

As Larsen the Grey, your choices and actions will determine the outcome and kinds of “good stuff” you’ll get…

Will you use manipulation?

Will you use force?

Will you let corruption do the work for you?

Or… will you choose a different route or path to take?

The CHOICE will be entirely up to you and will all depend on how you act or respond!

This week, I’ll be finishing tying off all of the different route options, that comes with clothing changes and responses and then shift over to rendering out all of the animation poses that I’ve created for those changes…

herocard01.png

…that said, however, I must let you know that I will be UNAVAILABLE and out of town on Thursday, August 1st and won’t be back until Friday afternoon, as I will be with our NASCAR Gander Outdoor Truck Series Team which will be trying to race our way into the Eldora Dirt Derby, Thursday night at 9pm Eastern Time!

I am excited by this opportunity, as we will be attending that race with a brand new race truck, complete with a brand new Ilmor Engine and a very talented, young driver behind the wheel… we are going there to win the race and we have all of the equipment and talent to do so!!!!

So, if you want to see us at the track, cheer us on and watch how we do at the race, it will be on FOX SPORTS 1 with the event starting at 7pm Eastern Time on FS1.

Well, I best get back to work here, got lots of rendering to do before I head out to the race track this week… talk soon and wish us luck!

As always, thank you so much for your patience and continued support, we can’t wait to get this chapter into your hands and for you to let us know what you thought of it!!!!!

~Jack

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

UPDATE: Nearing the Finish Line… (in more ways than one)! – July 29, 2019

Hello everyone, I trust that you all had a good weekend and a start to a new week… It’s that time again, to give you an update as to the progress of things around here in regard to “Chapter Two” of the prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy”!

While it has been a challenge, things have been progressing quite nicely around here and I am pleased to report that I am heading to the finish line on it.

As you can see by the recent TWINE FILE image here, this chapter has turned out to be quite the MONSTER, with multiple different paths and options that you can choose to go, with many different outcomes, story content, stat changes and different options for the “good stuff” (i.e.: sex)!

As Larsen the Grey, your choices and actions will determine the outcome and kinds of “good stuff” you’ll get…

Will you use manipulation?

Will you use force?

Will you let corruption do the work for you?

Or… will you choose a different route or path to take?

The CHOICE will be entirely up to you and will all depend on how you act or respond!

This week, I’ll be finishing tying off all of the different route options, that comes with clothing changes and responses and then shift over to rendering out all of the animation poses that I’ve created for those changes…

…that said, however, I must let you know that I will be UNAVAILABLE and out of town on Thursday, August 1st and won’t be back until Friday afternoon, as I will be with our NASCAR Gander Outdoor Truck Series Team which will be trying to race our way into the Eldora Dirt Derby, Thursday night at 9pm Eastern Time!

I am excited by this opportunity, as we will be attending that race with a brand new race truck, complete with a brand new Ilmor Engine and a very talented, young driver behind the wheel… we are going there to win the race and we have all of the equipment and talent to do so!!!!

So, if you want to see us at the track, cheer us on and watch how we do at the race, it will be on FOX SPORTS 1 with the event starting at 7pm Eastern Time on FS1.

Well, I best get back to work here, got lots of rendering to do before I head out to the race track this week… talk soon and wish us luck!

As always, thank you so much for your patience and continued support, we can’t wait to get this chapter into your hands and for you to let us know what you thought of it!!!!!

~Jack
GL and have fun at the races and no idea whyGhostPhil is looking forward to this one :p

Reactions: Wyrme and GhostPhil

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Getting-There-862x287.jpg

Got a bit dirty, but back to work now! – August 5, 2019

I will be honest with you all, I didn’t get nearly as much work done as I wanted to before heading out to the Eldora Race last week… there was a lot of last minute prep that needed to be done for the race team, as well as, dealing with the fan base and the excitement that we were going back to the track…

…but, let’s talk about the game before we get into all of that!

This week, I hope to put the finishing touches on the game and finish the renders for the sex scenes and then only need to do the 2 end credit sequence renders and the ‘after credits’ scene for those who decide to not skip the credits of the game (going to do what Marvel does with their movies).

This chapter release is GIGNORMOUS!!

I also will try not to do one quite this size again… I REALLY DON’T LIKE keeping people waiting forever for a release from us… also, it has me stress more and makes me feel like I am not really making gains while working (not sure how to explain it).

I need to find that perfect balance of content and release size so that I can make these releases more manageable and not have all of you bored and waiting for them.

IMG_8222 -3.png

Now, about the race…

We did REALLY WELL during the heat race and brought a powerful machine to the track and, Jake, our driver drove his heart out in our truck!

The new engine gave us the power that we needed to be strong competitors, the only thing we needed was a bit of luck… which we (and a lot of other teams) didn’t have.

After getting close to being in the top ten, we ended up cutting down a tire and getting into the wall and the cushion barrier… when all was said and done, we ended up with a 26th place finish, 7 laps down.

We had reached our goal though, which was make it to the race with a strong truck, make some money, have a talented, young driver, make the race and be in the big show and for those of you who might’ve watched the race on TV, you’d notice we were on it quite a bit, which was good for us and those who helped us get to the track.

And… I got to take a lot of photos like the one you see above here.

So, we are happy and will be racing again… right now, we are thinking the next race will be in October’s Talladega race.

DSC_0007d.png

And, YES (*sigh*), as you can see, I even got a photo of me with our truck, in-between doing boss-like stuff prior to the truck going out on the tract to race… though, I did manage to avoid the television cameras for the most part (yay me, I didn't break any cameras)!

Okay, back to work for me… want to get this done and in your hands this month!

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your help, patience and support, we’ll talk soon and can’t wait to get this release into your hands!!

~Jack

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Got a bit dirty, but back to work now! – August 5, 2019

I will be honest with you all, I didn’t get nearly as much work done as I wanted to before heading out to the Eldora Race last week… there was a lot of last minute prep that needed to be done for the race team, as well as, dealing with the fan base and the excitement that we were going back to the track…

…but, let’s talk about the game before we get into all of that!

This week, I hope to put the finishing touches on the game and finish the renders for the sex scenes and then only need to do the 2 end credit sequence renders and the ‘after credits’ scene for those who decide to not skip the credits of the game (going to do what Marvel does with their movies).

This chapter release is GIGNORMOUS!!

I also will try not to do one quite this size again… I REALLY DON’T LIKE keeping people waiting forever for a release from us… also, it has me stress more and makes me feel like I am not really making gains while working (not sure how to explain it).

I need to find that perfect balance of content and release size so that I can make these releases more manageable and not have all of you bored and waiting for them.

Now, about the race…

We did REALLY WELL during the heat race and brought a powerful machine to the track and, Jake, our driver drove his heart out in our truck!

The new engine gave us the power that we needed to be strong competitors, the only thing we needed was a bit of luck… which we (and a lot of other teams) didn’t have.

After getting close to being in the top ten, we ended up cutting down a tire and getting into the wall and the cushion barrier… when all was said and done, we ended up with a 26th place finish, 7 laps down.

We had reached our goal though, which was make it to the race with a strong truck, make some money, have a talented, young driver, make the race and be in the big show and for those of you who might’ve watched the race on TV, you’d notice we were on it quite a bit, which was good for us and those who helped us get to the track.

And… I got to take a lot of photos like the one you see above here.

So, we are happy and will be racing again… right now, we are thinking the next race will be in October’s Talladega race.

And, YES (*sigh*), as you can see, I even got a photo of me with our truck, in-between doing boss-like stuff prior to the truck going out on the tract to race… though, I did manage to avoid the television cameras for the most part (yay me, I didn't break any cameras)!

Okay, back to work for me… want to get this done and in your hands this month!

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your help, patience and support, we’ll talk soon and can’t wait to get this release into your hands!!

~Jack
Well you will get the balance part right one day when you learn to curb your enthusiasm and ambition. May that day never come. :p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well you will get the balance part right one day when you learn to curb your enthusiasm and ambition. May that day never come. :p
:LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You know, I think where the trouble lies is the fact I know how many chapters that need to be done for this prologue to "Adventures of a Changed Boy" is going to be... and I know how BIG the main game of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" is going to be...

So, I am trying to bang this stuff out and do it all as "Chapter" releases to get back to doing the "Wicked Choices" series.

I just need to stop stressing on the fact that it might be a year before we get the full story of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" told and back to doing "Wicked Choices: Book Two"... and just focus on the game we are doing now, that we'll get back to "Wicked Choices" main story when we get to it... just focus on the story we are doing now, produce it timely and don't stress about the other story for now.

If that makes any sense.

The key is, I need to just tell the story that needs to be told now, told... and do it in a timely fashion so people don't have to keep waiting long periods for a release from us (or hire more people as we make more money).

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
:LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You know, I think where the trouble lies is the fact I know how many chapters that need to be done for this prologue to "Adventures of a Changed Boy" is going to be... and I know how BIG the main game of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" is going to be...

So, I am trying to bang this stuff out and do it all as "Chapter" releases to get back to doing the "Wicked Choices" series.

I just need to stop stressing on the fact that it might be a year before we get the full story of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" told and back to doing "Wicked Choices: Book Two"... and just focus on the game we are doing now, that we'll get back to "Wicked Choices" main story when we get to it... just focus on the story we are doing now, produce it timely and don't stress about the other story for now.

If that makes any sense.

The key is, I need to just tell the story that needs to be told now, told... and do it in a timely fashion so people don't have to keep waiting long periods for a release from us (or hire more people as we make more money).
Wise words, now the hard part. Go out and do it. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Don't we all know it, nothing wrong with striving for it though, just do not beat yourself up when it takes some time (like rest of your life) to achieve it, :p
I'll get the story out and told, then I will move on to the next one and the next one and the one after that... so long as I have people who want to enjoy the stories I've got to tell, I will tell them... even if I am old and grey!

Oh wait, I am already old and grey... okay... even if I am and sitting in a nursing home! :D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'll get the story out and told, then I will move on to the next one and the next one and the one after that... so long as I have people who want to enjoy the stories I've got to tell, I will tell them... even if I am old and grey!

Oh wait, I am already old and grey... okay... even if I am and sitting in a nursing home! :D
Well at least then you will have more nurses to chase as long as the missus does not hit you to hard with her cane for that. :p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well at least then you will have more nurses to chase as long as the missus does not hit you to hard with her cane for that. :p
Nurses... :unsure:
Yeah.... I can see that...
Yup!
Definitely will NEED the nurses... strictly just for... ah... inspiration purposes! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Wyrme and DA22
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes