"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
So I should play Wicked Choices 1 first? And how will the choice transfer to the other game, do I need to extract it to the Wicked Choices folder or something?
Right now, I would suggest holding off on playing "Wicked Choices: Book One" till the REMASTERED version comes out in a few weeks, as it will contain even more storyline and choices, among other things.

ADDITIONALLY!!

Those who've played the
OLD VERSION of "Wicked Choices: Book One" WILL NEED TO PLAY IT AGAIN!!!

Because of the
NEW CODE WORK, NEW CHOICES, THE NEW LOGGING & RECORDING FEATURES and OTHER GOODIES, the OLD VERSION SAVES WILL NOT WORK in the future games and we will NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING the OLD VERSION GAME.

The
REMASTERED VERSION will create a BETTER SAVE FILE that will be saved to your system and the NEW GAMES FOLLOWING will ask you to IMPORT THAT SAVE FILE (not the old one) bringing your PREVIOUS CHOICES, DECISIONS and STATS into the new games which WILL affect the story moving forward.

For that reason,
I STRONGLY URGE PEOPLE to REPLAY or WAIT on playing the game till the REMASTERED VERSION comes out! (unless you want to do a run through to see what the differences between versions are)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So I should play Wicked Choices 1 first? And how will the choice transfer to the other game, do I need to extract it to the Wicked Choices folder or something?
Should you or should you not? I can't answer you that question.;)

In my opinion Wicked Choice Book One is one of the best games you can find here. Sure the other devs weren't idle and the models Jack used are some older ones and it shows to some degree, but overall it is in my top ten.

From the Wicked Choice story or universe or what you want to call them, Book One is the beginning. All the other books, regardless of side or main story, at least from the things Jack told us, comes after this. The adventures of a change boy is a "sidish" story but will have an impact to the story that will follow in the later books.

And it will sure have some parts in adventures of a change boy or the later books that were explaind in the previous books. I don't know how Jack will handle new comer in the later games, but I believe he has already a plan for this. Regardless he will, I think, also say it would be ideal to play the previous games before - But who are we that we are to obey him?:devilish:

For the game save and imports in the later games that are following. It will be done for the remastered book one, so you don't need to handle it manual. This and the reason that the remasterd version of book one is obivous different experience I would advice that you wait until the remastered version is release before you play book one of Wicked Choice.

PS: Damn, Jack was faster:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

josephfdredd

Dec 9, 2019
Right now, I would suggest holding off on playing "Wicked Choices: Book One" till the REMASTERED version comes out in a few weeks, as it will contain even more storyline and choices, among other things.

ADDITIONALLY!!

Those who've played the
OLD VERSION of "Wicked Choices: Book One" WILL NEED TO PLAY IT AGAIN!!!

Because of the
NEW CODE WORK, NEW CHOICES, THE NEW LOGGING & RECORDING FEATURES and OTHER GOODIES, the OLD VERSION SAVES WILL NOT WORK in the future games and we will NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING the OLD VERSION GAME.

The
REMASTERED VERSION will create a BETTER SAVE FILE that will be saved to your system and the NEW GAMES FOLLOWING will ask you to IMPORT THAT SAVE FILE (not the old one) bringing your PREVIOUS CHOICES, DECISIONS and STATS into the new games which WILL affect the story moving forward.

For that reason,
I STRONGLY URGE PEOPLE to REPLAY or WAIT on playing the game till the REMASTERED VERSION comes out! (unless you want to do a run through to see what the differences between versions are)
Cheers. It's not like I'm lacking stuff to play in the meantime here anyway ;)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

UPDATE: PHASE THREE current state! – January 7, 2020
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Hello!

With the holidays out of the way and the wife returning to work fulltime (starting today), I anticipate a larger push and wave of work to occur and get produced now while my schedule returns to somewhat normal around her.

That isn’t to say that I haven’t been working on PHASE THREE, because I have been… been putting between 6 to 8 hours in almost daily for the last week and have quite a bit done.

Been logging the workload on my end here and with the current phase, I discovered… even with the super computer that I have, I’ve discovered for this Phase I am averaging it taking around 23-26 minutes per render, this accounts for all the items in the scene, the lighting, the various poses and tweaks that needs to be done, the post-work done on the images, adding the data and scene writing to the Twine file and starting the whole process over again.

I am currently on image 73, so 73 (images) x 26 (minutes) = 1898 minutes (31 hours) put into Phase Three just last week alone… not counting the other things and time that I’ve been spending answering people’s questions, discussing things with the staff and testers, etc.… been a long week, but… still… I am getting lots done because I don’t return to my normal job till February and as you’ve probably guessed, I have managed to get a good chunk of the last phase done over the holiday.

As it stands, the scene of Lynara with Ludvich choice is nearly complete, which only leaves me the arc between Lynara and Jamima, and the arc of Lynara with Jamima & Ludvich… then I need to do the closeout renders of the ‘after credits’ scene and my part of the job is complete.

I am hoping to have the stuff with Lynara and Ludvich done sometime between Wednesday and Friday, then move right away into the other two arcs.

So, all-in-all, a very productive week/holiday, lots of new things for you to discover and choose from in the REMASTERED version of “Wicked Choices”, plus you can EXPECT an interesting plot twist and development to occur when you’re making your choices, including a new character!

Anyhow, that is this week’s UPDATE for you… stay tuned!

Again, thank you for all of your patience and support… and can’t wait till you see all of the YUMMY things that you will be able to experience in this REMASTER!!

Take care and have a GOOD week!

~Jack
Sounds both good and like you have things back under control concerning the flow. :p

Reactions: Wyrme and ASLPro3D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Should you or should you not? I can't answer you that question.;)

In my opinion Wicked Choice Book One is one of the best games you can find here. Sure the other devs weren't idle and the models Jack used are some older ones and it shows to some degree, but overall it is in my top ten.

From the Wicked Choice story or universe or what you what to call them, Book One is the beginning. All the other books, regardless of side or main story, at least from that things Jack told us, comes after this. The adventures of a change boy is a "sidish" story but will have an impact to the story that will follow in the latter books.

And it will sure have some parts in adventures of a change boy or the latter books that were explaind in the previous books. I don't know how Jack will handle new comer in the latter games, but I believe he has already a plan for this. Regardless he will, I think, also say it would be ideal to play the previous games before - But who are we that we are to obey him?:devilish:

For the game save and imports in the latter games that are following. It will be done for the remastered book one, so you don't need to handle it manual. This and the reason that the remasterd version of book one is obivous different experience I would advice that you wait until the remastered version is release before you play book one of Wicked Choice.

PS: Damn, Jack was faster:ROFLMAO:
One addition to what you said, AcaoB is not really a side book anymore, but also the setup for the third faction in Book 2 and 3, the humans. So it would be better to call it book 1.5 now I guess . :p

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
One addition to what you said, AcaoB is not really a side book anymore, but also the setup for the third faction in Book 2 and 3, the humans. So it would be better to call it book 1.5 now I guess . :p
That is true. I also called it "sidish" and have mean the same as you with 1.5.;)
And as we are on this topic already the prolog of adventures of a change boy or PoAoaCB shouldn't we rather called it Book 1 1/4? :D

Anasya

Nov 12, 2019
the swedish in the game is wrong. if the one writing it want the correct typing they should try to find someone that truely knows swedish.
or if it what they speak in norway. it still wrong and should find someone that can correct that.

Rickster6

Jan 23, 2019
the swedish in the game is wrong. if the one writing it want the correct typing they should try to find someone that truely knows swedish.
or if it what they speak in norway. it still wrong and should find someone that can correct that.
I think I understand Jack enough to say, that he thanks you for letting him know that the wording is off. I am sure that he will try and have that corrected soon!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
cpt04p5_ex_000a.png

UPDATE: PHASE THREE Part One Finished… January 13, 2020
(as posted on our Patreon Page... except with an extra image added here)

Time to provide you all with a weekly update on the status of things, so let’s jump right into it so that I can get back to work for all of you!

Last week was a very productive week… with the wife returning back to work fulltime and with me still off from my “normal job” till February, I was able to get a ton of work done undistracted…

The “Choice Scene” of Lynara and Ludvich is now completed… it took a bit longer than I wanted, as the Angelion Princess couldn’t seem to shut up, honestly for good reason, through it ended up taking a bit more renders to complete than I originally planned… so now, Phase Three is already over 100 new renders, with more on the way, as this week I will be working on the “Choice Scene” of Lynara and Jamima.

cpt04p5_ex_000b.png

Also, as witnessed in the image above, based upon the choices you make in Phase Three, you very well could end up meeting a NEW CHARACTER while in Ludvich’s church… all I will say is that there is a dark, sinister quality to her and Lynara can end up having a pretty interesting conversation with her that reveals some interesting secrets… but, as for who she is, what her plans are and why she’s been locked in a cage, well… that will be for you and Lynara to discover for yourselves!

In the terms of content thus far, for those inquiring minds, the REMASTERED version of “Wicked Choices: Book One”… the additional story content is over 40,000 words and over 1000 new images thus far (not counting those I’ve yet to still finish)… in the terms of size/scope, combined with the new programing and features, the music and sounds added into the game, content-wise, this could’ve been a stand-alone finished title on its own!

As the beta-testers can attest to… the REMASTERED version of “Wicked Choices: Book One” feels like an impressively LARGE and completely different and better game now than it ever was!

I know that it has taken a VERY LONG time to get it to where it is currently at and we APPRECIATE all of the patience and support that you’ve provided us while we’ve done this… I think once you’ve opened the game and start to play it, you will see the level of commitment that we poured into this and it sets the bar for what we intend to do with the continuing series of our game and story.

Alright, back into the salt mines I must go… got a game to finish producing for you all! Talk soon and take care and, again, thank you for all of your love and support!!!!

~Jack

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
It's Danish... so yes, the Swedish is 'wrong'. ;)
I think I understand Jack enough to say, that he thanks you for letting him know that the wording is off. I am sure that he will try and have that corrected soon!
As Sierra3 has pointed out, it is Danish... so yeah, if you were thinking it was 'Swedish' or "Norwegian" it would be wrong. ;) So no correction is necessary.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well I can indeed confirm that even without having seen phase 3 , the game became quite a lot bigger both in content and extra features. I will get back to that when the remaster is closer to release. Let me start the hype a little bit though that I am quite sure a new character will score very high in the adorable sweepstakes for most players. :p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well I can indeed confirm that even without having seen phase 3 , the game became quite a lot bigger both in content and extra features. I will get back to that when the remaster is closer to release. Let me start the hype a little bit though that I am quite sure a new character will score very high in the adorable sweepstakes for most players. :p
Oh so much goodness in store for everyone!! This new character is a pistol!! :p :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
As DA22 had already written I can also vouch for the overhaul of the "old" book one.

And in regard to the changes they add a lot to the atmosphere of the game a lot and also add at some additional story to the game.
For myself it looks like two things, first we have an "addon" to the game, with content Jack have mentioned previously, only instead of a new level, the new parts are carefully weaved in old story in sensible places and second the extended interface that makes it very easy to keep your eyes one your (wicked) chosen path and helps a lot with the lore and character bios.

So if the game was previously a rough diamond, now it is a polished one. If you have liked the old game you will love the remasterd one. Or to brag: I'm very proud to be one of his supporters:p

Reactions: Haast and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
istockphoto-465436264-612x612.jpg

UPDATE: Survived Snowpocalypse… barely.

(as posted on our Patreon Page)

I first want to apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes that Microsoft Word doesn’t catch as I write this, as I have enough Hydrocodone in me to tranquilize a small elephant… thanks to the round of snow we got over the weekend.

We all knew it was coming, having friends who are extreme weather chasers and have access to their equipment and data, I knew it a week a head of time… still, what was supposed to be 3-6 inches ended up being almost 10 inches and suddenly the neighbors were no longer laughing at me for having as large of a snow thrower that I have… regretfully, however, the task of 3 of us working together to try and rid ourselves of it (while it changed over to drizzling, freezing rain) still took us almost 4 ½ hours to clear from our drives and walks.

For those that are really good friends with me know that I’ve been putting off my next round of back surgery, going to try and wait till October or November to have it done… between the two kidney stone surgeries (likely caused by all of the pain meds I have to take causing the kidneys to not flush right) and the wife’s hysterectomy and my lack of productivity on the game last year, the LAST THING I want right now is to suffer even more financially around here and force all of you to wait even longer on product… so I intend to put it off for as long as I can.

If the wife had her way, she would’ve taken me in to the hospital Saturday night because I was BAD… the left leg and other parts of me not working right… that sort of stuff.

Thankfully, she agreed to give the meds time for them to do their job and not take me in as long as I promised to “sit on the couch and don’t move”… so I avoided that hospital visit, but it also means that I didn’t get crap done this weekend like I wanted.

The swelling and bruising is significantly less right now, so going to take it easy for the day (plus I am still doped right now), but will hop back onto the Lynara/Jamima scene and try to finish that up this week… then all I need to do is edit the credits to thank all of you who’ve stuck around and supported us and do the BRIEF Karma scene that will be at the end of that and my role in the REMASTER will be done, except for some minor fixes that may need to be done on my part.

Anyhow, I need to go back and lay down for a bit… I apologize to those who I’ve not responded to yet, particularly the beta testers and those that were counting on me being around this weekend… sorry.

I hope that you all had a better weekend than me (short of being set on fire and used as an archery dummy, I am sure you did have a better one than me), thank you for your patience and I will update and talk to you soon!

~Jack

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes