3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noctiuagus

Nov 12, 2018
Right, so... After probably more than a year, I'm making my way through the long list of games that I've been waiting on updates for and I finally land on this one. I'm super duper lazy and can't be asked to look through all the slow-loading comment pages to try and find the first explanations, so I'm just going to ask for myself: What made y'all want to remaster the first book? As it stood, it was already easily in my top 5, and I was so pissed and excited at the same time when I finished cause I wasn't looking forward to waiting for more! Those renders I saw in the last few comments looked pretty damn good, though - I will say. I'm certainly excited for the remaster, at any rate, but am just curious as to why it happened.

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Right, so... After probably more than a year, I'm making my way through the long list of games that I've been waiting on updates for and I finally land on this one. I'm super duper lazy and can't be asked to look through all the slow-loading comment pages to try and find the first explanations, so I'm just going to ask for myself: What made y'all want to remaster the first book? As it stood, it was already easily in my top 5, and I was so pissed and excited at the same time when I finished cause I wasn't looking forward to waiting for more! Those renders I saw in the last few comments looked pretty damn good, though - I will say. I'm certainly excited for the remaster, at any rate, but am just curious as to why it happened.
Jack stated that much of this remaster was things that was his desire to put into the original. As to why now, I do not remember. Probably a snag in production of AoaCB caused a down time that the team deemed a good time to tweak book1. I could(probably) be completely off on that. Either way, enjoy!

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
From memory part of it was to allow easy save transferal from book 1 to 2 to 3 etc, as it was they needed to do a lot to bring in old saves, the other main part was the integration of all the things Jack and his team wanted like Wyrme said, well worth it in the long run.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Noctiuagus, glad to hear that our game is in your top 5!!

In answer to your question, to be honest there is a whole lot of reasons for the decision to do a Remastered version of it... first and foremost, when I had to get a new programmer to continue the series there were a lot of changes were done to the core programming of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" and a bunch of options that we planned to add to make it a better, more game-like experience for players... while doing that, it became apparent, pretty quickly that the new changes done to both the UI, backend coding and the programming meant that things might not transfer correctly for players and causing a ton of problems for people looking to carry that information over to the other games of the series...

...hence, the Remaster.

Additionally, because of family medical issues and time necessary to deal with them, it seemed like a good idea to utilize the time that I did have to better balance the original game and story, as well as, include the parts of the storyline that I had originally wanted to add to the game, but ran out of time to do so because of time crunches in the release schedule...

I think the game is much better balanced now, all of the major characters and family members have now been introduced in the Remaster, the choices you make will definitely carry over now and the whole thing has a lot more meat and extras to it, to keep track of your choices and progress and means to look back on certain events if you want too... it is, honestly, a much better production now IMHO!!

Hope that answers your question and you won't have to wait much longer!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
I dont recall if this was already answered, but as i play on android and several gig games tend to get problematic, what is the expected size of the redone book 1?

Followup question is if someone will be doing a crunched version.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I dont recall if this was already answered, but as i play on android and several gig games tend to get problematic, what is the expected size of the redone book 1?

Followup question is if someone will be doing a crunched version.
We already are crunching the version for players, rather than releasing it in its uncompressed size and at last measurement it stands to be over 3,000 images and has been compressed to being 800mb in size... expect it to maybe jump up to 850-900mb when completed... but the game will be tightly packed to be less than 1gb in size.

Reactions: DA22

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
Given that it will be the completed book 1, with extras, that is in line with what i expected.

What gets particularly rough is when some of these games are well over a gig and they are only a few chapters in and nowhere near complete.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Noctiuagus

Nov 12, 2018
Noctiuagus, glad to hear that our game is in your top 5!!

In answer to your question, to be honest there is a whole lot of reasons for the decision to do a Remastered version of it... first and foremost, when I had to get a new programmer to continue the series there were a lot of changes were done to the core programming of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" and a bunch of options that we planned to add to make it a better, more game-like experience for players... while doing that, it became apparent, pretty quickly that the new changes done to both the UI, backend coding and the programming meant that things might not transfer correctly for players and causing a ton of problems for people looking to carry that information over to the other games of the series...

...hence, the Remaster.

Additionally, because of family medical issues and time necessary to deal with them, it seemed like a good idea to utilize the time that I did have to better balance the original game and story, as well as, include the parts of the storyline that I had originally wanted to add to the game, but ran out of time to do so because of time crunches in the release schedule...

I think the game is much better balanced now, all of the major characters and family members have now been introduced in the Remaster, the choices you make will definitely carry over now and the whole thing has a lot more meat and extras to it, to keep track of your choices and progress and means to look back on certain events if you want too... it is, honestly, a much better production now IMHO!!

Hope that answers your question and you won't have to wait much longer!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the info! I saw the picture of the back. I had to help my mom when she was dealing with some herniated discs; I know it can be pretty gnarly--hope you've recovered well.

I like the sound of the extra story you're now able to add! Call me selfish or arrogant, but I hope too much of the original hasn't been torn out--I loved what was there!All in all, from what I've gathered in your posts, this remaster is certainly something you're proud of, so if you really think it's a much better production, then I certainly look forward to it with much bated breath! So thank you for taking the time to make it perfect--just know what the standard is for the next games :LOL:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
news-update1.jpg

Update: The End (and Release) is Nigh! – February 20, 2020
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Alright, going to TRY and keep this UPDATE on things as brief as possible for everyone’s sake!!

REMASTER UPDATE:

Princess Lynara’s huge, stat changing, double sized section is NEARLY finished!

Yup, FINALLY!!

Due to your choices, this section is going to be pretty fluid and will contain a lot of changes to the Princess, depending on what you pick as choices and those choices will certainly carry over into the next games… you can keep her fresh and innocent, have her experiment or you can have her on the path of slow corruption… the choice is yours, but you can shape the princess and her experience to your taste as you proceed in the game.

This meant us creating an expansive “Corruption Scale” system that will be used, not just for Princess Lynara, but for the other characters that you will be interacting with in the rest of the games… as a character’s corruption level changes, you will see the effects of those levels in future gameplay… mind you, there will be no “instant slut” or “male whore” in this… it will be a slow corruption that will allow a character (and the player) to control the level of corruption in the character and allow you to balance that character to your tastes.

Will the character be merely curious about learning new things? Will they want to flirt their way through the game with others? Will they decide to flash people and get the thrill of exposing themselves in public? Or… will they take strangers into the alley to provide them the time of their life?

The choice will be yours… and you can, through gameplay and choices, monitor, balance, pick and choose, increase or reduce their levels as you see fit through the game!

Each choice that you will make will add or subtract to that character’s “corruption” level, as that meter clicks up (or down), they will have measured reactions to those changes in dialogue and actions… and, through story, that character (and you, the player) will have the chance to become familiar with these changes in themselves and become more confident in those changes.

The true start of these changes and abilities will be experienced (to start) with Princess Lynara… but look for the system to REALLY be fully used in our next game “Adventures of a Changed Boy” with William/Billie, Claire and the other characters… right up to the end of the “Wicked Choices” series!

Currently, I have maybe 20-30 more renders to complete for Princess Lynara’s remaster section, then I need to do the dialogue side images for it… then all I need to do is edit the end credits section and finalize Karma’s message to you the Players and then the game will be assembled in a new build and sent to the beta testers… so EXPECT the Remaster of “Wicked Choices: Book One” to be released in March!!

HEALTH UPDATE:

Tuesday, I received my first batch of CBD Oil (without THC) and tried it as prescribed and I am proud to say that the drops, have surprisingly been working to keep my pain levels to a level that I can manage things without being muddle headed and doped up.

My daily pain levels (on a scale of 1 to 10) has been at a constant level of 8 or 9, with me having my legs burning and feeling like I was walking on burning clumps of wood… when describing it to the doctor yesterday, my best description was that it felt like someone had taken a handheld cheese slicer, ran it down the side length of my left leg, taking off the flesh and then pouring lemon juice into the open wound.

But… with the CBD oil, I am at a level where I am able to block out a majority of the pain, sit a bit longer at the computer and, if needed, can take the codeine to relax fully… but get a little mushy in thought and reaction.

Yesterday (February 19, 2020) I had my consultation about the Steroid Injection Shot and they explained the process of the shot to me, as well as, poked and prodded me to the point of tears, so I wasn’t able to get anything but sleep in a drug induced coma when I got home… but I am up today and back to work and will have my shot NEXT WEDNESDAY… I won’t be able to do anything that day, but lay and rest… so just a ‘heads up’ about that.

Okay, update complete… time for me to get back to work, I want to get these renders churned out as soon as possible to get things to the testers and, eventually, into your hands.

Take care and will talk soon!!

~Jack

Sancrest

Jul 5, 2018
Awesome news.(npt the health part but the game one) I really wiah I could at least help ypu guys with the housework. I won't habe the money though.
In my end; I entered the 3rd month of my voyage contract and 135 days aboard remains. I get paid horribly low but work is work. I still have shitty internet but I hope I can solve that at the next port. Excited for the remaster and the new game

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Update: The End (and Release) is Nigh! – February 20, 2020

Alright, going to TRY and keep this UPDATE on things as brief as possible for everyone’s sake!!

REMASTER UPDATE:

Princess Lynara’s huge, stat changing, double sized section is NEARLY finished!

Yup, FINALLY!!

Due to your choices, this section is going to be pretty fluid and will contain a lot of changes to the Princess, depending on what you pick as choices and those choices will certainly carry over into the next games… you can keep her fresh and innocent, have her experiment or you can have her on the path of slow corruption… the choice is yours, but you can shape the princess and her experience to your taste as you proceed in the game.

This meant us creating an expansive “Corruption Scale” system that will be used, not just for Princess Lynara, but for the other characters that you will be interacting with in the rest of the games… as a character’s corruption level changes, you will see the effects of those levels in future gameplay… mind you, there will be no “instant slut” or “male whore” in this… it will be a slow corruption that will allow a character (and the player) to control the level of corruption in the character and allow you to balance that character to your tastes.

Will the character be merely curious about learning new things? Will they want to flirt their way through the game with others? Will they decide to flash people and get the thrill of exposing themselves in public? Or… will they take strangers into the alley to provide them the time of their life?

The choice will be yours… and you can, through gameplay and choices, monitor, balance, pick and choose, increase or reduce their levels as you see fit through the game!

Each choice that you will make will add or subtract to that character’s “corruption” level, as that meter clicks up (or down), they will have measured reactions to those changes in dialogue and actions… and, through story, that character (and you, the player) will have the chance to become familiar with these changes in themselves and become more confident in those changes.

The true start of these changes and abilities will be experienced (to start) with Princess Lynara… but look for the system to REALLY be fully used in our next game “Adventures of a Changed Boy” with William/Billie, Claire and the other characters… right up to the end of the “Wicked Choices” series!

Currently, I have maybe 20-30 more renders to complete for Princess Lynara’s remaster section, then I need to do the dialogue side images for it… then all I need to do is edit the end credits section and finalize Karma’s message to you the Players and then the game will be assembled in a new build and sent to the beta testers… so EXPECT the Remaster of “Wicked Choices: Book One” to be released in March!!

HEALTH UPDATE:

Tuesday, I received my first batch of CBD Oil (without THC) and tried it as prescribed and I am proud to say that the drops, have surprisingly been working to keep my pain levels to a level that I can manage things without being muddle headed and doped up.

My daily pain levels (on a scale of 1 to 10) has been at a constant level of 8 or 9, with me having my legs burning and feeling like I was walking on burning clumps of wood… when describing it to the doctor yesterday, my best description was that it felt like someone had taken a handheld cheese slicer, ran it down the side length of my left leg, taking off the flesh and then pouring lemon juice into the open wound.

But… with the CBD oil, I am at a level where I am able to block out a majority of the pain, sit a bit longer at the computer and, if needed, can take the codeine to relax fully… but get a little mushy in thought and reaction.

Yesterday (February 19, 2020) I had my consultation about the Steroid Injection Shot and they explained the process of the shot to me, as well as, poked and prodded me to the point of tears, so I wasn’t able to get anything but sleep in a drug induced coma when I got home… but I am up today and back to work and will have my shot NEXT WEDNESDAY… I won’t be able to do anything that day, but lay and rest… so just a ‘heads up’ about that.

Okay, update complete… time for me to get back to work, I want to get these renders churned out as soon as possible to get things to the testers and, eventually, into your hands.

Take care and will talk soon!!

~Jack
Corruption mechanic will be interesting. Will it have more influence then on the sexual morals? I can't escape the feeling it might also influence other behavior. :p

Glad the oil helps quite a bit and yeah that sound like also some nerve endings are unhappy. Remember when insulted one in my shoulder/neck it felt like my whole arm was dipped in molten lava. Luckily it recovered for 99% with rest and physio.

Reactions: Wyrme and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Awesome news.(npt the health part but the game one) I really wiah I could at least help ypu guys with the housework. I won't habe the money though.
In my end; I entered the 3rd month of my voyage contract and 135 days aboard remains. I get paid horribly low but work is work. I still have shitty internet but I hope I can solve that at the next port. Excited for the remaster and the new game
No worries about the housework, Sancrest, just focus on yourself and keeping a roof over your head, bud!!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Corruption mechanic will be interesting. Will it have more influence then on the sexual morals? I can't escape the feeling it might also influence other behavior. :p

Glad the oil helps quite a bit and yeah that sound like also some nerve endings are unhappy. Remember when insulted one in my shoulder/neck it felt like my whole arm was dipped in molten lava. Luckily it recovered for 99% with rest and physio.
Yes, it will also likely change some other things within the game as the levels increase or decrease... right now, in the remaster, it is just the addition of the tracking, won't really see the results of the increase/change in Princess Lynara till the next game, but it will be noticeable depending on the choices you've made in this part of the story.

Yeah, really have pissed off the nerves according to the doctor that is going to inject me, she said I had a LOT of swelling in that back area (she said it looked like a knot of swelling, is how she put it)... so yeah, molten lava is a good descriptive for it too! So far the oil is certainly helping to manage the pain to a tolerable level for me... which surprises me, so going to keep on taking it for now. :giggle: (y)

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Who we will see in the next update?
Please tell who they are because I don't remember the names. :p
Let it be a surprise, but in remaster of book 1 you will meet all you met originally, just it makes more sense and Paige the younger daughter was added and some nice extra features. I tested the version before the new stuff of Linara was added and it was impressive and extremely big if try to unlock and play every option as you do when test it.:p

Reactions: ASLPro3D and Wyrme

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Star Trek NSFW.jpg

UPDATE: Remaster Release Soon & Health – March 2, 2020

First things, first, had and wanted to use a “NSFW” image simply because the current work that I am doing, I can’t and don’t want to show to the public… if I keep sending out sneak peeks, there won’t be much reason to play the game… heh.

That said, I am nearly done with the Prince Lynara scene, there will be several CHOICES for you, the player, to make during this addition with outcomes and ramifications that will affect the Princess in the future… her rate and levels of corruption, as well as, player preference towards sexual situations.

As I said, I am nearly done… which means that the writing will go to the editor (Sierra3) for spelling and grammar checks, the images and Twine file will go to the programmer (Epadder)and everything will be assembled, sent to the testers for a quick run through and then will be in your hands to play THIS MONTH!!

Once it has gone out and things look good, we will lock everything down on it as DONE and return once more to completing and releasing Chapter Two of the Prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy”!

Now, on the topic of health…

I underwent the Epidural Spinal Injection shot last Wednesday and, a mentioned by others… THEY DO HURT LIKE CRAZY!!

BUT… I seem to be feeling a bit better, I no longer feel like the left side of my left leg has a bad case of road-rash from dumping a bike on a street made from a rusty cheese grater and have the torn-up wound soaked in bandages soaked in lemon juice and turpentine…. So, that’s a PLUS!

I also don’t have the wooden numb feeling as much and not dragging the leg as bad, seems a bit more responsive, but I have noticed that bending from the waist comes with a new pinching feeling that I didn’t have before, but at least it isn’t the radiating, burning stab of pain that I’ve been experiencing since the injection and had me on the couch pretty much till this past Saturday… so, I am back to work on the game after 3 days off.

My current goal is to have Princess Lynara done (and off of her knees) by the end of this week and everything to the rest of the team and, then, I will update you all on the further progress, but plan to set some time aside this month to play the Remaster of “Wicked Choices: Book One”.

Take care, y’all and THANK YOU AGAIN for all of the patience you’ve shown us, your support and your get well/birthday wishes!!

I APPRECIATE IT!!

~Jack

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

UPDATE: Remaster Release Soon & Health – March 2, 2020

First things, first, had and wanted to use a “NSFW” image simply because the current work that I am doing, I can’t and don’t want to show to the public… if I keep sending out sneak peeks, there won’t be much reason to play the game… heh.

That said, I am nearly done with the Prince Lynara scene, there will be several CHOICES for you, the player, to make during this addition with outcomes and ramifications that will affect the Princess in the future… her rate and levels of corruption, as well as, player preference towards sexual situations.

As I said, I am nearly done… which means that the writing will go to the editor (Sierra3) for spelling and grammar checks, the images and Twine file will go to the programmer (Epadder)and everything will be assembled, sent to the testers for a quick run through and then will be in your hands to play THIS MONTH!!

Once it has gone out and things look good, we will lock everything down on it as DONE and return once more to completing and releasing Chapter Two of the Prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy”!

Now, on the topic of health…

I underwent the Epidural Spinal Injection shot last Wednesday and, a mentioned by others… THEY DO HURT LIKE CRAZY!!

BUT… I seem to be feeling a bit better, I no longer feel like the left side of my left leg has a bad case of road-rash from dumping a bike on a street made from a rusty cheese grater and have the torn-up wound soaked in bandages soaked in lemon juice and turpentine…. So, that’s a PLUS!

I also don’t have the wooden numb feeling as much and not dragging the leg as bad, seems a bit more responsive, but I have noticed that bending from the waist comes with a new pinching feeling that I didn’t have before, but at least it isn’t the radiating, burning stab of pain that I’ve been experiencing since the injection and had me on the couch pretty much till this past Saturday… so, I am back to work on the game after 3 days off.

My current goal is to have Princess Lynara done (and off of her knees) by the end of this week and everything to the rest of the team and, then, I will update you all on the further progress, but plan to set some time aside this month to play the Remaster of “Wicked Choices: Book One”.

Take care, y’all and THANK YOU AGAIN for all of the patience you’ve shown us, your support and your get well/birthday wishes!!

I APPRECIATE IT!!

~Jack
Good to hear it is working, now hopefully you soon can do some physio as well and improve even further. :) Looking forward to Lynara. :) The horror having to try all those parts. :p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Good to hear it is working, now hopefully you soon can do some physio as well and improve even further. :) Looking forward to Lynara. :) The horror having to try all those parts. :p
Yeah, seems to be working, won't start physio till I am done with my part of the Remaster, because it requires me going 3 times a week and really want to get this done without any further distraction (or wait for people). But, yes, the shot seems to be working and my next one is scheduled for April 15th at 8:30 am Eastern... not looking forward to that pain again... really not.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, seems to be working, won't start physio till I am done with my part of the Remaster, because it requires me going 3 times a week and really want to get this done without any further distraction (or wait for people). But, yes, the shot seems to be working and my next one is scheduled for April 15th at 8:30 am Eastern... not looking forward to that pain again... really not.
Can understand that but those nerves do need some rest and then it is time to improve those muscles so the nerves really can recover, especially if will need that operation. No rest for the wicked. :p

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes