ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
latest-update-1600x700.png

Migration back to Ren’Py & Other Things… – September 28, 2023
(As posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everyone, I apologize that it has taken me so long to write an update for all of you, a lot has been going on around here and I will do my best to fill all of you in with what has been transpiring.

First of all, the issue with Unity and the Unity Game Engine, many of you may already know what’s been going on, with addition to our previous statements on how the choices made by Unity, left us with a very sour taste in our mouth and had us making a statement, like thousands of other game developers, jumping ship and refusing to use Unity.

Despite Unity coming out and making a public apology for their [intentional] screw up and adjusting their pricing and usage plan to be more palatable, we’ve decided to stick by our original decision of never using Unity Game Engine for any of our games again.

There were more reasons for us to remain with our original decision of leaving them, the biggest is TRUST. Unity’s actions and their recent announcements still does nothing to restore our faith in a company that seems more interested in microtransactions, rewriting and changing their Terms of Service & EULA’s retroactively and whose executives have little regard and respect for the developers who use their product.

Trust lost is never easily earned back and honestly, we don’t have time, energy or finances that allow our product to you be dictated by someone else and have us yo-yoing whenever they make a mistake…which seems in the last 5 years to be par for course with them.

As such, we… by unanimous decision… will never be returning to using the Unity Game Engine.

So, where does things stand with us and the release that you are all waiting for?

As soon as we made our original announcement on September 14th (my wife’s birthday, no less) to all of you, Epadder and I immediately shifted our focus and work from the Unity Game Engine and began the task of redoing all of our work for our game and release in Ren’Py.

Our first step was to take a solid look at our objectives and reasons for initially shifting from Ren’Py and using the Unity Game Engine in the first place and if they couldn’t be replicated in Ren’Py then restructure our entire game away from those original abilities and plans.

Once done, our next task has been to try and mimic the UI that we designed in Unity, to now look and work as similar as possible in Ren’Py… this includes more than just look and design, but also in functionality and ease of use for all of you… which, by the below examples, you’ll see Epadder’s progress in that objective.

Since we know that migrating and redoing all of the work that we spent nearly two years doing in the Unity Game Engine into Ren’Py was going to take time, I have been working to restructure the original Prologue, as well as, Chapter One, Two and Three to be more updated to the skills that I’ve learned in Daz Studio these past [nearly] two years and also make sure that the Prologue matches the format to the rest of the game…

…this means getting rid of ‘comic book panels’ and ‘split screens’ that I had used in our first game and was using in the Prologue we will be release to all of you soon and instead, creating the necessary backgrounds and sprites needed for dialogue scenes and also redoing some of the original renders.

Doing this ensures that our game will be similar in format, artwork, design and layout from beginning to end, which will also help the transition between game releases from looking different and distracting.

So, like “Wicked Choices: Book One”, “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” will be completely done in Ren’Py from start to finish and the original goals, plans and bells & whistles we intended to have in it, will instead be adopted in “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” which will like be done in the Godot Game Engine and will continue the story arc that you’ve started in the two previous games that were done in Ren’Py, including an import script for your game saves.

Anyhow, in between going to physical therapy and trying to heal back up from the hell I am being put through there, I have already been going through the task of updating the game’s Prologue to match the game’s other chapters that have been done.

Which now brings us to the subject of health status… as those of you who have been following me on Twitter/Twix/X or whatever the hell it is called now and at other places, I am doing much better after my surgery a month ago.

Of course, it still only being 4 weeks since the surgery, I am still restricted from doing something and stuff, but have also been issued Physical Therapy… three times a week for the next 8 weeks… and have been doing that for the last week and a half, up until recently… though, I am thinking about stopping my attendance of it.

The individual that I have as a physical therapist is an @$$hole to be nice about them. You know, one of those really well looking douche bags, who seems to think they are god’s gift to mortal man and knows better than my surgeon or even me about the limits of my own body.

Those who know me well, know that I am an overachiever and the sort of person who pushes himself to the breaking point, this particular individual tries to push me beyond it and never listens to me and tries to guilt me into trying to do more.

I kind of reached my breaking point with the individual and told my wife that I was going to go in on Monday and tell him to ‘back off’ or I was going to ninja kick his ass all over the therapy place the next time he studies himself in the mirror like some damn peacock.

So, I politely (which is a rarity for me, given the fact that I had already reached my ‘breaking point’ with him) told him that I think things weren’t working out between him and I and that I would like a different therapist if I was going to continue there.

With a few “tchs” and sighs, he informed me that they couldn’t just reassign anyone without messing up everyone’s schedule and that he was disappointed in the fact that I wasn’t interested in achieving my potential and would have to inform the doctor and insurance company that I was being ‘non-compliant’ in therapy… and that he would ‘back off’ as I told him.

I went back yesterday and, yeah, he started up his shit again… so, I grabbed my shit and headed for the door. With him shouting behind me and threatening to tell my insurance company and doctor that I was being lazy, unmotivated and ‘non-compliant’ to his instruction (which of course had other people’s attention, trying to embarrass me)… so, I handed my things to the wife, smiled and told her that I would be back, looked at one of the other therapists and told her that it might be a good idea to call an ambulance for the guy… at which point this 20 something year old priss realized that I was very motivated in putting his prissy ass in the hospital.

Apparently, seeing the look on my face and the intensity of anger in my expression as I slowly made my way towards him, with a maniacal grin and twinkle in my eyes, had him running to the offices in the back and the resounding echo of its door slamming shut.

Sighing in frustration that my prey had no desire to witness just how committed, motivated and compliant that I was to my intent in dislocating an elbow or an arm (or two) of his, I politely apologized to the other people in the place for the disruption, wished them a good night and speedy healing and collected my things from my wife and left with her.

So, I will be calling my surgeon’s personal assistant in the morning (it is nearly 4am here) and asking if there is any other place that she could refer me to, or if I can just do the shit at home…

But, yeah, that is how the status of my health currently is right now.

Okay, time for me to finish this up, hit the rack for a couple of hours, get up and call my doctor’s office and then get back to our migration to Ren’Py… I hope that you are all doing well and thank you for your support and putting up with all of the BS that we’ve had to go through.

Take it easy and will talk to you all again soon.

~Jack

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
First, Happy belated Birthday to the Wife she deserve to have a great day with all the chaos going around.

Second, Fuck that guy, why don't you complain to his office for the pour treatment he gave you. Not listening to a patient then threatening him is unbecoming of a therapist. Why am I under the impression that he will do a rather ''unfortunate'' cameo somewhere in the game?

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Thanks for the update, a migration is always taxing, still, going to renpy they are mods introducing things like eye moving, named saves etc, in fact android and compressed mostly add theses features, while Devs don't know about them.
There are a few Dev who use a set of added code like eyes or named saves.
TBS, regard and take good care of yourselve.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ASLPro3D

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019

Migration back to Ren’Py & Other Things… – September 28, 2023

Hello everyone, I apologize that it has taken me so long to write an update for all of you, a lot has been going on around here and I will do my best to fill all of you in with what has been transpiring.

First of all, the issue with Unity and the Unity Game Engine, many of you may already know what’s been going on, with addition to our previous statements on how the choices made by Unity, left us with a very sour taste in our mouth and had us making a statement, like thousands of other game developers, jumping ship and refusing to use Unity.

Despite Unity coming out and making a public apology for their [intentional] screw up and adjusting their pricing and usage plan to be more palatable, we’ve decided to stick by our original decision of never using Unity Game Engine for any of our games again.

There were more reasons for us to remain with our original decision of leaving them, the biggest is TRUST. Unity’s actions and their recent announcements still does nothing to restore our faith in a company that seems more interested in microtransactions, rewriting and changing their Terms of Service & EULA’s retroactively and whose executives have little regard and respect for the developers who use their product.

Trust lost is never easily earned back and honestly, we don’t have time, energy or finances that allow our product to you be dictated by someone else and have us yo-yoing whenever they make a mistake…which seems in the last 5 years to be par for course with them.

As such, we… by unanimous decision… will never be returning to using the Unity Game Engine.

So, where does things stand with us and the release that you are all waiting for?

As soon as we made our original announcement on September 14th (my wife’s birthday, no less) to all of you, Epadder and I immediately shifted our focus and work from the Unity Game Engine and began the task of redoing all of our work for our game and release in Ren’Py.

Our first step was to take a solid look at our objectives and reasons for initially shifting from Ren’Py and using the Unity Game Engine in the first place and if they couldn’t be replicated in Ren’Py then restructure our entire game away from those original abilities and plans.

Once done, our next task has been to try and mimic the UI that we designed in Unity, to now look and work as similar as possible in Ren’Py… this includes more than just look and design, but also in functionality and ease of use for all of you… which, by the below examples, you’ll see Epadder’s progress in that objective.

Since we know that migrating and redoing all of the work that we spent nearly two years doing in the Unity Game Engine into Ren’Py was going to take time, I have been working to restructure the original Prologue, as well as, Chapter One, Two and Three to be more updated to the skills that I’ve learned in Daz Studio these past [nearly] two years and also make sure that the Prologue matches the format to the rest of the game…

…this means getting rid of ‘comic book panels’ and ‘split screens’ that I had used in our first game and was using in the Prologue we will be release to all of you soon and instead, creating the necessary backgrounds and sprites needed for dialogue scenes and also redoing some of the original renders.

Doing this ensures that our game will be similar in format, artwork, design and layout from beginning to end, which will also help the transition between game releases from looking different and distracting.

So, like “Wicked Choices: Book One”, “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” will be completely done in Ren’Py from start to finish and the original goals, plans and bells & whistles we intended to have in it, will instead be adopted in “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” which will like be done in the Godot Game Engine and will continue the story arc that you’ve started in the two previous games that were done in Ren’Py, including an import script for your game saves.

Anyhow, in between going to physical therapy and trying to heal back up from the hell I am being put through there, I have already been going through the task of updating the game’s Prologue to match the game’s other chapters that have been done.

Which now brings us to the subject of health status… as those of you who have been following me on Twitter/Twix/X or whatever the hell it is called now and at other places, I am doing much better after my surgery a month ago.

Of course, it still only being 4 weeks since the surgery, I am still restricted from doing something and stuff, but have also been issued Physical Therapy… three times a week for the next 8 weeks… and have been doing that for the last week and a half, up until recently… though, I am thinking about stopping my attendance of it.

The individual that I have as a physical therapist is an @$$hole to be nice about them. You know, one of those really well looking douche bags, who seems to think they are god’s gift to mortal man and knows better than my surgeon or even me about the limits of my own body.

Those who know me well, know that I am an overachiever and the sort of person who pushes himself to the breaking point, this particular individual tries to push me beyond it and never listens to me and tries to guilt me into trying to do more.

I kind of reached my breaking point with the individual and told my wife that I was going to go in on Monday and tell him to ‘back off’ or I was going to ninja kick his ass all over the therapy place the next time he studies himself in the mirror like some damn peacock.

So, I politely (which is a rarity for me, given the fact that I had already reached my ‘breaking point’ with him) told him that I think things weren’t working out between him and I and that I would like a different therapist if I was going to continue there.

With a few “tchs” and sighs, he informed me that they couldn’t just reassign anyone without messing up everyone’s schedule and that he was disappointed in the fact that I wasn’t interested in achieving my potential and would have to inform the doctor and insurance company that I was being ‘non-compliant’ in therapy… and that he would ‘back off’ as I told him.

I went back yesterday and, yeah, he started up his shit again… so, I grabbed my shit and headed for the door. With him shouting behind me and threatening to tell my insurance company and doctor that I was being lazy, unmotivated and ‘non-compliant’ to his instruction (which of course had other people’s attention, trying to embarrass me)… so, I handed my things to the wife, smiled and told her that I would be back, looked at one of the other therapists and told her that it might be a good idea to call an ambulance for the guy… at which point this 20 something year old priss realized that I was very motivated in putting his prissy ass in the hospital.

Apparently, seeing the look on my face and the intensity of anger in my expression as I slowly made my way towards him, with a maniacal grin and twinkle in my eyes, had him running to the offices in the back and the resounding echo of its door slamming shut.

Sighing in frustration that my prey had no desire to witness just how committed, motivated and compliant that I was to my intent in dislocating an elbow or an arm (or two) of his, I politely apologized to the other people in the place for the disruption, wished them a good night and speedy healing and collected my things from my wife and left with her.

So, I will be calling my surgeon’s personal assistant in the morning (it is nearly 4am here) and asking if there is any other place that she could refer me to, or if I can just do the shit at home…

But, yeah, that is how the status of my health currently is right now.

Okay, time for me to finish this up, hit the rack for a couple of hours, get up and call my doctor’s office and then get back to our migration to Ren’Py… I hope that you are all doing well and thank you for your support and putting up with all of the BS that we’ve had to go through.

Take it easy and will talk to you all again soon.

~Jack
Well jack your therapist is a narcists.

• Red Heart

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
First, Happy belated Birthday to the Wife she deserve to have a great day with all the chaos going around.

Second, Fuck that guy, why don't you complain to his office for the pour treatment he gave you. Not listening to a patient then threatening him is unbecoming of a therapist. Why am I under the impression that he will do a rather ''unfortunate'' cameo somewhere in the game?
The wife said to say: "Thank You!" and agrees with you, she hopes that next year is a lot more calmer, with a lot less stress.

I did try to contact his main office (they are a chain of therapy centers) and haven't heard anything back yet. What really sucks, is I was hoping that I would get the same therapist that I had earlier in the year, but apparently she moved West to be closer to her fiancé and to get married (or escape the toxic nature of that fucking place... or both).

Make sure you tell your doctor about the guys attitude when you try to get a Different therapist, they often have more power than they should and he could try to screw up your therapy chances elsewhere.
Yeah, it is turning 9am here and plan to call my doctor's assistant and let her know what the fuck that I've been dealing with for the last week and a half. I've known my doctor for over 20 years (since 2001, when I first broke my neck), so I am not to worried about what he is going to say... he's probably going to be disappointed that the guy got away, but also happy that I didn't hurt myself more.

What I am really worry about is my insurance company trying to use this as an excuse for not paying for the surgery or anything... we'll see... but, yeah, was a long day/night yesterday.

Thanks for the update, a migration is always taxing, still, going to renpy they are mods introducing things like eye moving, named saves etc, in fact android and compressed mostly add theses features, while Devs don't know about them.
There are a few Dev who use a set of added code like eyes or named saves.
TBS, regard and take good care of yourselve.
Yeah, being still new at this whole Daz thing, I honestly am not sure if there will be animation in the game to start. I've tried to use Daz to try a couple of times with not much success and some other creators said that the best way to do them is in Blender (which I have no experience in), so our plan right now is this:

Produce the game for a bit without animation and hope that we build a solid foundation of supporters and hire someone whose job will be just to do animation for our game(s), going backwards to the very start of the game and doing the animations to expand the sex scenes and then when they are caught up to us, THEN we also release the reworked and expanded version to everyone and on Steam.

As for Unity, we were going to use UNITY for the sections of the game where combat was going to be involved, including sneaking/fighting... managing the individuals that you took to battle with you, strategize your attacks, swap out wounded characters for fresh "troops" to fight, track outcomes and damage beyond the fights and flag which individuals needed healing, rest, recovery and such... stuff that is WAY TOO COMPLEX for Ren'Py to handle or manage, without risking a lot of bug reports.

Additionally, we wanted to eventually also introduce full-motion camera controls to the players (who have better computers) during sex scenes, where players not only could control the camera angles that they wanted for focus during the sex scenes, but also be able to create their own camera angle within those scenes... with zoom, step back, pan & scan and other settings... which you DEFINITELY can't do in Ren'Py and need an actual in-game rendering engine for that.

So, yeah, those kinds of things will have to wait for now.

Well jack your therapist is a narcists.
Yeah, was a total douche bag that I was going to introduce to a whole new level of pain that they've likely never experienced in their life... probably good that I wasn't able to, but still... would've been very satisfying to me, considering all of the stress that I've been under recently.

zkawai

Dec 21, 2016
To me this was a blessing in disguise. I never play unity VNs(hell, if it has unity in the title and isn't action-oriented gameplay, I don't touch it with a 10ft pole), because, quite frankly, Unity is usually shittier than Ren'py because most people don't code UI and controls to work as expected of most VNs on other engines, or properly at all, or worse yet, optimize anything.

So to look on the brightside: Maybe you'll be attracting more folk like me who wouldn't give it a try if they saw unity on the tin

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
To me this was a blessing in disguise. I never play unity VNs(hell, if it has unity in the title and isn't action-oriented gameplay, I don't touch it with a 10ft pole), because, quite frankly, Unity is usually shittier than Ren'py because most people don't code UI and controls to work as expected of most VNs on other engines, or properly at all, or worse yet, optimize anything.

So to look on the brightside: Maybe you'll be attracting more folk like me who wouldn't give it a try if they saw unity on the tin
Yeah, I guess that would be a bright side to some... but, in our case, not so much as it will remain a straight visual novel and our goal is to go beyond that. We want something more for our efforts than just a storybook story with pictures and choices, we'd like to get to the point where we are crafting interactive games and expanding beyond our abilities.

Unlike most, we DEFINITELY know how to code UI/Controls and optimize that is the reason why we were investing the time that we had been, testing functionality, optimizing code and documenting everything (for when it came time to hire additional programmers)... we can understand some not willing to give our game a chance based on experiences with other... erm.. individuals or because of the fact that we would've had the "Made in Unity" splash screen, we felt that our efforts and word of mouth to the value of our game would've minimize such.

My goal since the start of this has always been to grow... to move away from Ren'Py. Tom has made a great product, don't get me wrong, but my desire has ALWAYS been to go to a level where we were creating something like "Neverwinter Nights" or, should we get really lucky, something along the lines of "Baldur's Gate 3"... and, while that is beyond our scope at this time, it will always be beyond our scope if we don't challenge ourselves, expand the features of each game we work on and prove our value to a customer base that would support us when it comes time for us to expand and seek crowdfunding to go to the next level, hiring additional staff and making our way to a future...

...a future that would be impossible if all we did was stay on Ren'Py and be afraid.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

zkawai

Dec 21, 2016
Yeah, I guess that would be a bright side to some... but, in our case, not so much as it will remain a straight visual novel and our goal is to go beyond that. We want something more for our efforts than just a storybook story with pictures and choices, we'd like to get to the point where we are crafting interactive games and expanding beyond our abilities.

Unlike most, we DEFINITELY know how to code UI/Controls and optimize that is the reason why we were investing the time that we had been, testing functionality, optimizing code and documenting everything (for when it came time to hire additional programmers)... we can understand some not willing to give our game a chance based on experiences with other... erm.. individuals or because of the fact that we would've had the "Made in Unity" splash screen, we felt that our efforts and word of mouth to the value of our game would've minimize such.

My goal since the start of this has always been to grow... to move away from Ren'Py. Tom has made a great product, don't get me wrong, but my desire has ALWAYS been to go to a level where we were creating something like "Neverwinter Nights" or, should we get really lucky, something along the lines of "Baldur's Gate 3"... and, while that is beyond our scope at this time, it will always be beyond our scope if we don't challenge ourselves, expand the features of each game we work on and prove our value to a customer base that would support us when it comes time for us to expand and seek crowdfunding to go to the next level, hiring additional staff and making our way to a future...

...a future that would be impossible if all we did was stay on Ren'Py and be afraid.
That is fair. I know a LOT o good games are done in Unity, plenty of great indie ones, but there is so much garbage to waddle through due to how accessible it is, especially when it comes to low-effort garbage porn games, that It really became a bit of a turn off for me. I see unity, I think very long and hard whether I'll be downloading it or not.

But hey, as I said, that does not mean you guys necessarily, and every once in a while a really good unity game comes along. But a barrier of entry is one regardless. But since you're ditching unity, GODOT seems to be an option a lot of devs are considering.(though I do love Ren'py for accessibility, I do understand that most of the games that try to do too much with it end up in a very weird and buggy situation, nedding a LOT of QA).

Anyways, best of luck with your aspirations, and don't let anyone tell you that moonshots never land, keep your ambitions high and your hearts in the right place, and things'll work themselves out.

• Red Heart

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
That is fair. I know a LOT o good games are done in Unity, plenty of great indie ones, but there is so much garbage to waddle through due to how accessible it is, especially when it comes to low-effort garbage porn games, that It really became a bit of a turn off for me. I see unity, I think very long and hard whether I'll be downloading it or not.

But hey, as I said, that does not mean you guys necessarily, and every once in a while a really good unity game comes along. But a barrier of entry is one regardless. But since you're ditching unity, GODOT seems to be an option a lot of devs are considering.(though I do love Ren'py for accessibility, I do understand that most of the games that try to do too much with it end up in a very weird and buggy situation, nedding a LOT of QA).

Anyways, best of luck with your aspirations, and don't let anyone tell you that moonshots never land, keep your ambitions high and your hearts in the right place, and things'll work themselves out.
Absolutely, as long as I can dream, I can do and if anyone doubts it... all they need to do is look me up. I've amazing been able to do everything that I've set my goals towards... the only thing holding me back is myself, my body or my wife... but I know how to handle those depending on the situation. LOL

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I honestly don't disagree with you about the garbage patch that we all must wade through to get to the gems... but I guess that is the price of our perversion!

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
What I am really worry about is my insurance company trying to use this as an excuse for not paying for the surgery or anything... we'll see... but, yeah, was a long day/night yesterday.
That's not something you need to worry about. I've worked in health insurance for 25 years; currently a conflict resolution specialist for a pretty big health insurance company so I'm in the trenches with subscribers and their appeals and complaints.

Once your surgery/services were approved, they're not able to go un-approve it. I don't know what ins you have, but if it's a Knox-Keene Act plan, it's unlawful for the medical provider to bill you (for anything outside your copay). They can choose to NOT approve something in the future, or not re-approve ongoing.

As such, what the "non-compliant" label might do is limit approvals for some other medical service that is a 'step-coverage'. Meaning it must meet some criteria like "Must have completed PT" and/or "PT did not provide full therapeutic correction" or some other jargon. Meaning simply you still have pain and problems even after you did PT, and so you want some other alternative option or maybe some pain medication that is only approved if PT can't fix the issue. So they get the medical records from PT to see if it was or was not therapeutic, and see the "non-compliant" and so the ins will deny the request and refer you back to PT to do that first.

What you CAN do to protect yourself is
1 - file a complaint with your insurance/HMO of the provider and your experience. Be honest and divulge that there was a confrontation that you initiated but provide details of what led to that escalation.
2 - All patients have the right to submit an addendum into their medical records. You can go to your primary care provider or surgeon (whoever is hosting your records for this whole thing) and write an attestation that you were NOT non-compliant, but that the provider was not listening to you explain your limitations and was providing inappropriate care. This then gives your own testimony into the record that is there if/when any insurance or other medical provider needs to review your record for future care considerations.
3 - after your complaint is filed with the insurance, if you feel that you wish to escalate that, or feel it did not get the response that you feel it deserves, you can file a complaint with your state's Medical Board. They generally require you file a local complaint first (in this case your complaint through your insurance), and you just submit your Resolution Letter from the insurance company about the complaint as proof that you have already filed a complaint.

In the end, it's a treatment plan dispute. Patients are not required to agree with their medical provider; but when no agreement can be made, the best thing to do is find a different provider. There's no reason your referring provider couldn't work with the insurance company to swap the authorization approval to a different provider - but you may have to wait for availability and might be a bit further away - who knows.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
In the end, it's a treatment plan dispute. Patients are not required to agree with their medical provider; but when no agreement can be made, the best thing to do is find a different provider. There's no reason your referring provider couldn't work with the insurance company to swap the authorization approval to a different provider - but you may have to wait for availability and might be a bit further away - who knows.
First of all, I just want to THANK YOU, TL for taking the time to write all of that out and explain what the Therapist was meaning by saying that he was going to report me as 'Non Compliant' but also the ways to protect myself and also report how much of pain-in-the-ass he was to me.

I was worried that him saying that that it might cause me serious problems with my insurance ('Primary' BC/BS) or my disability ('Secondary' Medicare). Personally, as I said, I have NO PROBLEM pushing myself (or overdoing things), but even though I am sure that he knew that I was, he was still pushing me to do MORE (which, admittedly, at first I was stubbornly trying to do)... My wife was saying maybe he wants to break you so that you need more surgery and will come back.

And while discussing it yesterday with her and her family (for family dinner), she brought up the fact that the last therapist there (who was cute as a button and thought she was quite good and the reason why I went back there), recommended to my doctor that I should get a full shoulder replacement, but when investigating things with my own doctor, we discovered that the source of the pain was actually coming from the spine and pinched nerves at the spine.

Granted, between my disease and the shit that I've put my body through, I wouldn't doubt that there was damage in my shoulder (dislocated both several times in martial arts and fighting), but yeah... I am not quick to blame the girl... but the guy, yeah, wouldn't put the crap past him.

So, yeah, definitely think I am going to talk with my insurance company and file a complaint... not sure I want to escalate it to the Medical Board, but definitely don't want my insurance company or disability to think that I am not trying to do my part.

To be fully honest, being broken... like I am... and on disability is the most embarrassing thing that I've ever had to face in my life. Though I could, I don't even have a handicap sticker for my car or try to advertise that I am as fucked up as I am. To me it is shameful that I can't work a normal job or help my wife keep a roof over our heads (beyond the meager money I get on SSI)... that is why I am really thankful that she takes the time that she does take to help me, even when she works more than a fulltime job, to help me produce games so that I can TRY and help bring extra money in. Z

The fact that she stands by me or even stays WITH me, while I keep needing surgery to still be able to walk or function, year after year... take the roll of breadwinner and care for me like helping me to walk, not push myself too much, take my meds, clean or dress me when I am not able to... yeah, I can't tell you how much I love and appreciate her (or how embarrassed I am) for going through all of this with me. I've truly been lucky to have her in my life.

Just like I am happy and consider myself fortunate to have all of YOU in my life as well. To have people and friends like you TittyLuvr1334 to spend the time to write out what you know to help me (I can't thank you enough and the wife and I really, really appreciate it, THANK YOU) and the others who have stuck around here with me (surgery after surgery) waiting for the next game and talking about it (plots, ideas, help and also about our lives), to some of you still even supporting us as we work to finding stable ground (and stable builds) to keep the game and its story going.

Yeah, I may be unlucky in my health, but when measured against the things I've got like my wife and all of you, I don't really have it so bad.

Thank you!! And thank you again TittyLuvr1334 :giggle: *hugs*

~Jack

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
First of all, I just want to THANK YOU, TL for taking the time to write all of that out and explain .

Yeah, I may be unlucky in my health, but when measured against the things I've got like my wife and all of you, I don't really have it so bad.

Thank you!! And thank you again TittyLuvr1334 :giggle: *hugs*

~Jack
You're all good, bro. :)

Keep the "complaint to the medical board" as an option in your back pocket if/when you get a Resolution Letter (response) from your ins - if you feel the response was less than fair to you.
Any complaint you file, they're going to inquire from the provider (PT dude in this case) their perspective - and if he is simply a douche-bag and tries to throw you under the bus, the Medical Board is your best friend.

All that really does is a "tracker" that is put on the state level - if many other complaints are filed against the same license (NPI Number), then the State knows this and could lead to more action/inquiry/investigation/disciplinary action taken against the licensed professional if they have a spotty record.

I'm sure your wife's comment was most hyperbole about just wanting to make sure you're messed up again and need more surgery - to be fair most medical professionals 99.999% take their hypocratic oath seriously - just like most police take their oaths seriously. Yes there are those in both (all) professions who shouldn't be there - but that's a far minority.

Your wife sounds like a frickin saint. You are one lucky fortunate dude. I know how terrible it is be reduced to feeling the way you feel - and I know it's a horrible feeling. It is good to see you do not let it define you though. It would be easy to just roll over and give up. Remember the mindset isn't "you have chornic pain, or you're a diabetic, or you're disabled". These "define you" Instead "I am a person who struggles with pain" "I am a person with a disability" "i am a person in need of physical therapy." It's important not to dehumanize yourself.

Thats when its good to have that support you have in your corner. Shout out to Mrs. Jack. And don't hesitate to reach out to mental health counselors too - it should covered, and it does not have or should not have the stigma it once did 20+ years ago. We all need someone to talk to. It doesn't make you any less a man or person. In fact it takes a bigger man to admit they can't do it all on their own
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Clint Eastwood "The Unforgiven"

Just as important is getting back on the PT horse - don't let that go - it's crucial to attain the most positive outcome possible for you and your recovery - and frankly for your wife. Sounds like you owe her that much to try to recover to your best self. You have a lot going for you. In my line of work, I oversaw a "home-visiting" physician program for people who were worse off than you - that were physically unable to get to a doctor office. Some of those were horrific stories of just pieces of meat that just kept on living. The one positive that came out of the 4 years I oversaw that program, was I learned a great deal about perspective and counted my blessings - when I came home each night I had no problems that paled in comparison to those people.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always"
-Robin Williams

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
HalloweenCarley_R.png

UPDATE: HAPPY HALLOWEEN with TREATS… no TRICKS! – October 30, 2023

Hello everyone, I hope that you are doing well and that by now you’ve started to enjoy your Halloween and hope that it is a SAFE one for you and your family!

A lot has been going on around here, so sit back and relax if you have the time and allow me to catch you up to speed on things.

First of all, behind the paywall, there is a TREAT or two for all of our paying Patrons!

You all have been waiting so patiently for the release of “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and with the wait for me to get my surgery (and back to some semblance of health) and the transfer of game engines from Unity (morons) and back to Ren’Py, we didn’t want you to go without something from us…

…so, after completing a 10-city block set, complete with day and night lighting, I figured I would put together a small comic featuring one of the main characters of the game, Carley Chambers, to get out and visit the new city that she will be living in with her husband…

…of course, while… nude.

Yep, you can download a ZIP file with a nice little ENF (Embarrassed Nude Female) comic featuring Carley and a couple of other characters that will be in the game!

Additionally, there is another ZIP file containing some various rendered EXHIBITIONISM shots of Carley in various locations of the city, including some 4-8k wallpapers of those scenes included that you can use for your computer or what-have-you.

-----

In case you are wondering about the status of the game, itself, well things have been progressing quite nice on that front…

I did have to take around 4 days off from everything because I was unfortunate enough to have caught (while at Physical Torture or that my wife brought home) a nasty FLU that I was sure I was going to die from… thankfully, it wasn’t COVID (which my doctor tested me for) and was prescribed some Azithromycin and Albuterol Sulfate and was back in front of the computer and I have been making lots of changes that were needed to be made for both some of the game scenes and renders, due to the fact that we are back to using a ‘game engine’ that no longer supports some of the COOL features that we would’ve been using with Unity (morons).

So, been doing the renders the way that Ren’Py will support… additionally cleaning up some of the old renders, removing split screen and comic book panels, using some of the new skills in lighting that I learned from some of my friends and fellow game creators that I met on Twitter and who have been flooding me with a wealth of information that is helping to speed up creation time!

As well as, creating the 10 block city set, complete with lighting and game locations for players to visit, for the game… which is what I also used to create the ENF Comic for all of you.

Likewise, while I’ve been working on that, Epadder (who just tested positive for COVID today *sigh*but says it just feels like a good case of the flu for him) has been working some very long hours on the scripting for Ren’Py… I had showed you a few examples last time, but since then he’s managed to…
example1.png
example2.png

…create the means to control the opacity of the dialogue text location with a slider bar that you can use to change the opacity level to make it to your taste to easier read the text on the screen…

example3.png
example4.png
…Create the quick menu icon that you can click to expand and access all of the tool sets, including the ability to get to the extra’s menu, settings, quick save, quick load, save, load… etc. and the mouse-over explanation for the icons…

example5.png
example6.png
…Created the means to MARK an instance during gameplay to unlock features in the extra’s menu like the “Subject Dossiers” when you meet characters in the story…

example7.png
example8.png
…and made it so that now you can go into a character’s dossier and, like we had it in Unity, get a 3D rotating animation of the character, the character’s bio and stats up to the point you are in the game, as well as, view the animation in the variety of clothing you’ve seen (and unlocked) that character in… and, yes, including in the nude!

As well as, a host of other features… such as a targeted gallery and replay area, complete with the ability to ZOOM into the scene if you want, gameplay and scene cut-ins to take the place of comic book panels and such, and a whole lot more!

-----

As for health, even after having to deal with the flu, I am still alive and have been balancing my schedule between Pain & Torture… err… I mean Physical Therapy and working on the game. I did go and see Dr. Mounayer on the 23rd. We shifted me away from the ‘heavy’ pain meds, to Tylenol with Codeine which is more ‘tolerable’ and a lot less ‘droolable’ if I am in pain and bumped me up to 300mg of Gabapentin 3x’s a day instead of the 200mg that I was taking, as I didn’t get as much relief from the neuropathy that I thought I would get from having surgery.

He also prescribed me another 6 to 8 weeks of Pain & Torture… err… Physical Therapy, as he wants to see a little more muscle mass in the area of my surgery and less knotting/spasms that I’ve been getting for when I… well, do to much sitting at a computer typing, working in the yard, breathing, or simply living… whatever.

Wife wants me to do it, told her I wanted to take a break for at least a week or two to think about it… I kind of like not coming home and sitting with an ice pack 3 nights a week… though, I DO like the Mistress… err… I mean therapist I have, since switching places.

Anyhow, Sierra3 is doing better… but they will be having him do 18 weeks of Chemo, to make sure he is in the clear, but he’s been doing a lot better since the surgery and was able to help me edit the comic for all of you…

…and, as I said, Epadder, has been pulling the weight around here, putting a lot of time in getting the software ready until he got COVID… so, he will be down for a little bit, but I will be sure to pile up the work for him when he gets back.

So, that is where things stand.

Thank you so much for your continued support, your kindness, some of the wonderful messages and DM’s of support to us and we really hope that you like the gifts we’ve left you and we’ll talk again soon!

Have a WONDERFUL, SAFE and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Caught a nasty cough, more particulary bronchitis. Getting better although slowly.

So from one little sick person to the rest of the sick persons and those who doesn't know it yet, my best well wishes.:devilish::p

• Red Heart

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I am doing much, much better... actually took today off, because I was putting in some 12-16 hour days the past week to get the comic rendered & lettered... (which I will post over here in a couple days for everyone). So, taking the day off and will get back to work on the Prologue tomorrow.

Talked with Epadder this morning for about 20 minutes and he is still feeling really under the weather. I just told him to relax, read some manga and watch anime till he felt better... I still have a bit to do with the Prologue.

I've been rewriting and reworking Dr. Caitlin's & Daryl Crawford Jr.'s intro and expanding it to really help people understand that this next game isn't just about a husband and wife's marriage, but is also very closely tied to Daryl Crawford Jr. looking to get the family (and its fortune) back from the Antichrist... by any mean necessary! And, because of that, Epadder will have some time to work on the software framework... which is going to be important, as we want to get as close to the abilities that we want to have when we shift to Godot and get back to having an in-game rendering engine to build on.

Also talked with Sierra3 briefly, he had a doctor's appointment this afternoon at 1:30pm... probably the start of his second round of chemo, but he sounded in good spirits when I talked to him.

Okay, going to kick my feet up, let my imagination run wild some while waiting for the wife to get off of work and come up with more ideas for the game while I wait. ;)(y)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
CarleyXmas_SFW01.png

UPDATE: HAPPY HOLIDAYS & MUCH MORE!! – December 14, 2023

Hello everyone and I hope this finds you well and that all of you are ready, or are close to being ready, for the holidays. Both myself and things around here have been crazy busy, between work done on the game, my health and the holidays…but, STILL, I live and work!

For anyone following me on X (the app formally known as Twitter) will know that things have been proceeding quite well on the game. I’ve been going through and cleaning up a lot of the work that I had done earlier from when I was just starting out with Daz Studio, which means: refining the characters and their textures, re-rendering scenes that didn’t have near enough lighting in them, incorrect textures, HDRI lighting or off colored HDRI lighting…

Since joining X (the app formally known as Twitter), I have been receiving a wealth of help and information by communicating with the many other artists and creators out there who have had far much more experience in using Daz Studio and their help has DEFINITELY improved my abilities (such as the holiday image of Carley Chambers as the lead image of this post)!

As such, I can’t thank those responsible enough for their help, like BadTimeTales ( ), Moonlight( ) , BakaEnergyStudios( ), OutofAshes( ) , Steve Art( ), ZAF( , Vitergo3D ( , Emess3D( ), Straz( ) , ITRoy( ), MrDotsGames( ), DrPinkCake( ), BeWilderGames( ), Carlos Gimpera( ), Stooge Arts( ), GR_Studio( ), Carbon Art Render( ), SlipKnot( ), YoungGriffGames( ) and many, many others!

Because of their help and advice, I can honestly say that my artwork and use of Daz Studio has gotten to a point, where I still have much to learn… but will have a game that will have visuals that I truly hope that you will enjoy, hopefully love and truly help to make our game unique and quite a bit more erotic and entertaining than anything we’ve ever done before!

For those who are patrons here, you can witness those efforts and results behind our paywall here, learn more about our game or also by following our X (the app formally known as Twitter) Page…

Speaking of X (the app formally known as Twitter) and all the help that we’ve been receiving from there, I can honestly say that we can likely expect GREAT THINGS when it comes to our game and our game release both here and eventually on Steam!

Thanks to everyone’s support we’ve managed to increase the visibility of our company and game through social media, where we are now generating anywhere between 5 thousand to over 20 thousand views on any artwork that we post of the game (and Carley Chambers) and yielding us around 170 thousand unique impressions a month… just on X (the app formally known as Twitter) alone!

More exposure and interest in our game will lead to more income, which in turn will lead to more money to be able to hire more help, assets and hardware (like a second rendering rig) to insure stable and timely releases and much less reworking on my part!

We are SUPER EXCITED for the New Year and starting it off on the right foot and getting back to doing what we do best… telling expansive and entertaining storylines, but now with really HOT LOOKING ARTWORK and the ability to afford to grow and expand our efforts to including having better support and timely, consistent releases for all of you!!

I know this is short, but I want to get back to work here and, again, please take some time to go and visit our other thread that will be posted today with current examples of my updated artwork and efforts, as well as many of the subject matters that you can expect in our upcoming game and if you can, also join our X (the app formally known as Twitter) page to see just how active we’ve been over here!

Thank you for your continued support and can’t wait till you all see the fruit of all of our labor over here! I hope each and every one of you have a very SAFE and ENJOYABLE holiday season and wish all of you a wonderful time!

We’ll talk again soon!!
~Jack

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes