Astro55

Nov 17, 2017
Is anyone else having problems with the v.0.4.4.0 (even before applying patch)? I've downloaded it multiple times from both from Mega and from GOFILE. The error occurs when decompressing the file. I'm getting an error in both chapter2.rpa and prologue.rpa. I've used both windows unzip as well as 7zip and both give the same error. I'd swear the file has an error, but if other people are downloading it successfully, I'd welcome any suggestions.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
I had no trouble downloading or extracting the base game or the patch. It is a huge file, so if you have a slow and/or unstable internet connection it may be giving you a corrupted download. You may want to try the torrent.

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
idownloaded the patch from the thread but , theres no android on it only pc and mac. so is it applicable? if not could you give a link where to download the patch. and ofcourse the steps to play it.

Thank you!!!!!
so you use the android version? this version needs no patch
but i assume @Palanto Games uses webp images instead of png's, so the bug will be there also
you can try to put the files from my archive into your installation with a file explorer or you have to wait for a new android build, sorry

edit: i forgot, on android you have to add 'x-' infront of the file names (eg. x-chapter_four_part01.rpy)
@Palanto Games is working on repairing and replacing the Android version, should have it up later today, tomorrow at the latest. Sorry for the trouble!!

Reactions: VolksKrieg and DA22

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Ugh sorry guys, I was offline for just two days X_x Well I didn't read up on everything yet since it was more than 6 pages and I just wanted to let you know I've already fixed that and am uploading the android version right now.

Sorry for that, I copied the PC Full version chapter files into the android / lossy one and forgot to replace the .png with the .webp at the and of each chapter :(

Thanks @the66 and all the others who fixed that bug and even uploaded that fixed version :)

p.S.: And there won't be a lossy version for now, since ASLPro3D decided against uploading one before chapter 6 since I fucked it up good this time..... sorry :(

Reactions: DA22 and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
p.S.: And there won't be a lossy version for now, since ASLPro3D decided against uploading one before chapter 6 since I fucked it up good this time..... sorry :(
Yeah, not doing that shit again!!

Thanks to @Palanto Games, I got ZERO renders in yesterday... so if May's release is late you know who to blame!! x'D

But honestly, May's supersized release shouldn't be late... been a little ahead of schedule because I knew that this chapter conclusion was going to be a BEAST!!!

Anyhow, doing a PC/MAC lossy version right now, so late in the game is kind of useless, the game (or first book of it) will be ending in a couple of months and we will be releasing patches till then to keep download sizes small for everyone... who knows, maybe when the first Book of the game is complete, we will put all of the chapters into one download for new members with lossy version (or skunked) and call it "Wicked Choices: Book One"

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
Ugh sorry guys, I was offline for just two days X_x Well I didn't read up on everything yet since it was more than 6 pages and I just wanted to let you know I've already fixed that and am uploading the android version right now.

Sorry for that, I copied the PC Full version chapter files into the android / lossy one and forgot to replace the .png with the .webp at the and of each chapter :(

Thanks @the66 and all the others who fixed that bug and even uploaded that fixed version :)

Out of curiosity, mind if I ask what the reason was for checking the existence of both the script file and first image of the next chapter, instead of just the script file? Seems like if the script file for the next chapter is present, then the first image should be too, right?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
....err...

I just had a thought and maybe @klx or @UncleVT can answer this for me... but once "Wicked Choices: Book One" is complete... does that mean I have to start a new thread and page for the Side Arc game that we will be doing of William's punishment and for "Wicked Choices: Book Two"???

Reactions: Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Think only if you want to, you can just call it a continuation of game and you decide which links are in the OP.
I think it sure make things easier to keep it all in one thread and on one OP... there is so much information, valuable discussions and good stuff in this thread, I'd hate to abandon it.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Besides even if you decide to release the games as self standing episodes for the different books and side-arc, in the end they are still one game.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Besides even if you decide to release the games as self standing episodes for the different books and side-arc, in the end they are still one game.
This true!

Be different if I was doing something like Ebon Knights, or A.A. (which only Palanto knows about), but seeing it is still pretty much the same game, just different books of it... don't think I need to do a new thread (I hope).

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
rofl :D Yeah now he is really teasing.....

Out of curiosity, mind if I ask what the reason was for checking the existence of both the script file and first image of the next chapter, instead of just the script file? Seems like if the script file for the next chapter is present, then the first image should be too, right?
That's actually a good question, but the answer is no. Since the script files (scripts.rpa) and the images (chaptername.rpa) are not located in the same archive, it is actually possible to have the script files but not the images or vice versa, so just in case I ask for both ;) Usually I have two projects, one with the android code and one for PC, but I did change a lot in the script files in the last update so I just copied the pc versions chapter script files into the android / lossy one and forgot to change that small simple line of code to the appropriate image format :-\

p.S.: And since I'm used to "try" to catch every possible error in any way I just did it like that with the condition being both, the player has to have the script and image file else it won't start the next chapter... besides this way the players could delete the image files they don't need anymore (earlier chapters) to free diskspace, but they'd still have the script files and then it would throw a massive error if they ever tried to start a new game again :)

Reactions: DA22 and ASLPro3D

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
That's actually a good question, but the answer is no. Since the script files (scripts.rpa) and the images (chaptername.rpa) are not located in the same archive, it is actually possible to have the script files but not the images or vice versa, so just in case I ask for both ;) Usually I have two projects, one with the android code and one for PC, but I did change a lot in the script files in the last update so I just copied the pc versions chapter script files into the android / lossy one and forgot to change that small simple line of code to the appropriate image format :-\

p.S.: And since I'm used to "try" to catch every possible error in any way I just did it like that with the condition being both, the player has to have the script and image file else it won't start the next chapter... besides this way the players could delete the image files they don't need anymore (earlier chapters) to free diskspace, but they'd still have the script files and then it would throw a massive error if they ever tried to start a new game again :)
Thanks for the response! I was wondering if it was something like that, and it should've dawned on me that the images and scripts were in different archives.

It was really nice to see you guys release a WebP version, and I hope this hiccup doesn't keep you guys from doing one in the future!

Seems like if you really want to check for both the script and image files, you could change that line of code to check for the script and either a PNG or WEBP image, that way you wouldn't have to remember to change that bit of code for each version.
Ideally, you'd want to avoid specifying file extensions at all, but I think in Ren'py you can only get away with that when trying to display an image.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The lack of choices in recent chapters is very disappointing. This is becoming more and more of a moving comic then a game.
@sithlordo66 If you had followed this thread a bit you would have known that ASLPRO had to cut up this chapter in 4 parts for personal reasons. Unfortunately all the choices are at the end of the chapter as is most sex. We should have most of those in the May update.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Thanks for the response! I was wondering if it was something like that, and it should've dawned on me that the images and scripts were in different archives.

It was really nice to see you guys release a WebP version, and I hope this hiccup doesn't keep you guys from doing one in the future!

Seems like if you really want to check for both the script and image files, you could change that line of code to check for the script and either a PNG or WEBP image, that way you wouldn't have to remember to change that bit of code for each version.
Ideally, you'd want to avoid specifying file extensions at all, but I think in Ren'py you can only get away with that when trying to display an image.
True that would be possible too ;) The reason I didn't do it like that was because that way people with the full sized version could mistakenly add a small size patch and would end up breaking their game because in the small sized version it looks for .webp image files (not only at the end of each chapter but for each image in the game obviously) but the player would've installed .pngs then, so we'd have a million more tech support cases :D

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes