ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Every episode of this game feels like a treat, I hope you guys will continue making it for a long time. One of my favorites for sure :closedeyesmile:
Thank you so much for the kind words and praise on our work @n0b0dy!!!
We do indeed have plans for the game... as it stands, we know it can last another 6 chapters at least (another year's worth) before the GREAT WAR, not counting the Side-Arc story we will be doing that allows you to see first hand and repeatedly punish William for what he did to Claire if you want... so yeah, this series will be around for a bit longer. ;)

Reactions: n0b0dy and Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
So do you just put the update in the game folder? The game is still crashing for me everytime I get through a few screens into the game.
Please check the Update Tutorial I made ;) (The video link in the OP, please turn your sound on)

I'm confused, what would I need to download to get:

A) The newest release
B) The smallest filesize

Without having any of the former releases?
Ok first of all, for now there is no small version except for the android one, I'd like to add a PC / MAC version with smaller size but ASLPro3D doesn't like the support he has to do for it (Because people write him first obviously, instead of me if there's something wrong with the game :) )

So you'd need the Full Download of v0.4.4.1 + the update v0.4.5.0 depending on your system you'd take the PC (Windows & Linux) or the MAC version ;)

What are Mirrors downloads?
Mirrors are like the name suggests, copys of the original files on other hoster or torrents than we provided. Since we only provided a mega.nz download link, all the other links will be mirrors :)

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Please check the Update Tutorial I made ;) (The video link in the OP, please turn your sound on)

Ok first of all, for now there is no small version except for the android one, I'd like to add a PC / MAC version with smaller size but ASLPro3D doesn't like the support he has to do for it (Because people write him first obviously, instead of me if there's something wrong with the game :) )

So you'd need the Full Download of v0.4.4.1 + the update v0.4.5.0 depending on your system you'd take the PC (Windows & Linux) or the MAC version ;)

Mirrors are like the name suggests, copys of the original files on other hoster or torrents than we provided. Since we only provided a mega.nz download link, all the other links will be mirrors :)
So it is still the game?
Then i'll stick with using mega

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While loading <'Image' u'/prologue/p004.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'prologue/p004.png'.
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "prologue.rpyc", line 85, in script
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1016, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\zoeca\Downloads\George's Games\WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'prologue/p004.png'.
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Wicked Choices 0.4.5.0
Mon May 21 19:43:44 2018
Yes that happened because you didn't download the full game first. You only downloaded the update which only holds the files for the last chapter part. So in other words, you're missing all other files except for chapter four part 5 itself :)
Please download v0.4.4.1 and put the files you just extracted into the folder you'll get when you extract v0.4.4.1

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
cant seem to get this game to play ...... all I get is I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred
You are getting the errors that you are getting because you didn't extract the patch correctly or you don't have the main game... you need the Full Download of v0.4.4.1 + the update v0.4.5.0 depending on your system you'd take the PC (Windows & Linux) or the MAC version...

Reactions: Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
So it is still the game?
Then i'll stick with using mega
Yes it's still the game :) They just did us a huge favor in uploading it somewhere else except mega.nz ;) I have a terribly slow internet connection and can't upload fast enough, that's why we usually go with mega.nz ;)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Y'know, if it wasn't worth it just to see tiny Syrina all over again... j/k No worries- this is another game that I Love, I have yet to type up my rather lengthy fanboy opinions/thoughts about- I was going to do at the last update, but something came up and didn't even get to play it. :( This game is non-grind-y and flows incredibly well (and Syrina is adorable), so a restart isn't that big of deal AND if I do it from this point- it seems like it will just integrate into the new update system that you've just implemented, so restarts should (hopefully) be a thing of the past. :)

P.S. I kinda feel bad that you had to type all that up just to line it all out...
Thanks for the love @Safetydummy!!!

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Y'know, if it wasn't worth it just to see tiny Syrina all over again... j/k No worries- this is another game that I Love, I have yet to type up my rather lengthy fanboy opinions/thoughts about- I was going to do at the last update, but something came up and didn't even get to play it. :( This game is non-grind-y and flows incredibly well (and Syrina is adorable), so a restart isn't that big of deal AND if I do it from this point- it seems like it will just integrate into the new update system that you've just implemented, so restarts should (hopefully) be a thing of the past. :)

P.S. I kinda feel bad that you had to type all that up just to line it all out...
Thanks, yes it's not that much of a hassle actually :D And even if it gets one, you can always just enable "Skip Unseen" in the "Preferences" screen and skip through the game without the need to read it all again ;)

You don't have to feel bad, if I was more focused on it I would have remembered when I patched the variables ;) So yes, it's my own fault for writing something wrong first and then writing it right the next time ;D Just lined it all out because I didn't know if you read the part before I could edit it :D

Reactions: Safetydummy

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Thanks, yes it's not that much of a hassle actually :D And even if it gets one, you can always just enable "Skip Unseen" in the "Preferences" screen and skip through the game without the need to read it all again ;)

You don't have to feel bad, if I was more focused on it I would have remembered when I patched the variables ;) So yes, it's my own fault for writing something wrong first and then writing it right the next time ;D Just lined it all out because I didn't know if you read the part before I could edit it :D

Yeah, I could just skip over the text, but it's such an engrossing story and it's been a while since I played- familiarizing myself with the entire backstory may not be such a bad idea. I'll definitely not be skipping over the Theological part of it, when Syrina explains the basis of religion, basically. The frightening thing is- the way it's presented, it seems almost plausible...

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Damn, I'm getting this error message, a few scenes past the previous update: "Error, couldn't check for ch04_ending variables. Please send the savegame to ... or start a new game." Do I have to restart the game or are there simply some files missing?

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes