ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, I could just skip over the text, but it's such an engrossing story and it's been a while since I played- familiarizing myself with the entire backstory may not be such a bad idea. I'll definitely not be skipping over the Theological part of it, when Syrina explains the basis of religion, basically. The frightening thing is- the way it's presented, it seems almost plausible...
Even more of it will be in June's release... but yeah, it can be frightening on just how much 'truth' is actually used in this to make a compelling story/argument... ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
i have a error when i start the game ( it's the first time i play this game ) i have the lastest version
You are likely getting the error @Tril0 because you NEED BOTH the Full Download of v0.4.4.1 + the update v0.4.5.0 depending on your system you use (PC & Linux or the MAC)... as stated on the front page.

Reactions: Palanto and Ruffuss

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Damn, I'm getting this error message, a few scenes past the previous update: "Error, couldn't check for ch04_ending variables. Please send the savegame to ... or start a new game." Do I have to restart the game or are there simply some files missing?
@Led if you are playing with a previous save from before Wicked Choices v0.4.2.2 then you are going to need to start a new game because some variables have been changed. If you aren't, then you need to be sure that you have patched the game properly by following the instructions provided on the Opening Page in the Installation Tutorial spoiler.

Reactions: Palanto

Led

Jul 16, 2017
@Led if you are playing with a previous save from before Wicked Choices v0.4.2.2 then you are going to need to start a new game because some variables have been changed. If you aren't, then you need to be sure that you have patched the game properly by following the instructions provided on the Opening Page in the Installation Tutorial spoiler.
Crap, I think that means I'll have to restart playing the game. Oh well... Thanks for getting back at me on such a short notice. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Crap, I think that means I'll have to restart playing the game. Oh well... Thanks for getting back at me on such a short notice. :)
No worries bud, just sorry that you have to start from the beginning again, but hey... lots have happened since then! ;)

Reactions: Palanto and Led

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Even more of it will be in June's release... but yeah, it can be frightening on just how much 'truth' is actually used in this to make a compelling story/argument... ;)

It's almost enough to make you doubt several decades of indoctrination... lol

Well, if you start the Church of Syrina- I'll be there on Sunday. OR I'll just take a tiny Syrina- whichever (Ugh, she's just so cute!). ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
@UncleVT
In OP there's should be some sort of function that unable downloading link as long as you haven't read the whole thing !
It would be magical, hehe.
Yeah, but then have to understand (another function?).
Yeah, after reading the OP you have to take a test, answer some questions about it to make sure you didn't skip the text and you did understand it. Only then you get to the links.

And then the thread would be flooded by "walktru for test plz?!" x'D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
It's almost enough to make you doubt several decades of indoctrination... lol

Well, if you start the Church of Syrina- I'll be there on Sunday. OR I'll just take a tiny Syrina- whichever (Ugh, she's just so cute!). ;)
I had my fill of religion when, after two years, I quit seminary school to become a priest... I don't have anything AGAINST religion, just don't like how people like to slap you in the face with their 'righteousness' or wear it around like some badge that deserves them special treatment or something.

So... well... I came up with a plausible theory that will make Scientists AND religious individuals freak, by combining the two and providing my own deranged thoughts. :evilsmile:

Kill 'em all... let God sort them out! :angel:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, after reading the OP you have to take a test, answer some questions about it to make sure you didn't skip the text and you did understand it. Only then you get to the links.

And then the thread would be flooded by "walktru for test plz?!" x'D
So very, very true! x'D

Reactions: Palanto

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
MAN!! They are REAALLY playing the WRONG game if they don't want to READ!!! XDx'D
On a serious note here, with this update i had to grab the dictionary 3 times at least, i understood the general meening so it was for pure precision only...but you know even if it is an individual exemple of a non english native. It might say a few about how your style can be seen by others.
I enjoy learning new words and expand my knowledge in that matter, but may not be the case of the majority.
I think you know where i'm going at with this, and might be take under consideration, just a bit ;)
Don't change ! i know you won't but that 's a factor of the whole impact effect.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
I had my fill of religion when, after two years, I quit seminary school to become a priest... I don't have anything AGAINST religion, just don't like how people like to slap you in the face with their 'righteousness' or wear it around like some badge that deserves them special treatment or something.

So... well... I came up with a plausible theory that will make Scientists AND religious individuals freak, by combining the two and providing my own deranged thoughts. :evilsmile:

At times like this, I wish there was a "really, really, like" button. :)

Well I, for one, am glad that you found your true "calling"- y'all have created an amazing game and I cannot wait to see which direction you take it in with future updates.

I know what you mean and if they aren't wearing it like a badge- they're hiding behind it, claiming "I'd never do [blank]/I don't do [blank]" and then you find out that they're the most flagrant of offenders- and it's usually some of the most dishonest, heinous, debauched, immoral, maligned things imaginable. I just had something like that happen in IRL- so I speak from experience.

It's good to shake people up, every now and again, and make them take a couple of steps back and possibly re-think everything that they believe in or know. Tbh, this would make one kick-ass movie- of course, I'm sure some people would have the cross they're going to nail you to available right after the premiere... or at least a stake and couple of torches. :)

Again, though, that's the thing that makes your story so scary and compelling- what if? Most of us know after the Council of Trent- a sanitization of sorts took place, not to mention the evidence that exists and is tangible- that a w-h-o-o-o-o-l-e lot of other stuff happened well before we started recording it. :)

pavar

Jul 3, 2017

I can think at least of 3 pantheons and creation myths that would fit the story. The one that comes to mind strongest is Anunnaki.
I fell off the chair laughing by imagining you in the sacristy rendering this game on a laptop wedged between the vestments and the parish records... :winkytongue::winkytongue::winkytongue::winkytongue::winkytongue:

On another note, today was a hellish day so I will check the update tomorrow and report back.

pavar

Jul 3, 2017
In the end I couldn't wait until tomorrow. :winkytongue: Nice update. I will admit that I was expecting more, but taking in account that this is only the last part of chapter 4, as a whole the chapter is awesome. I was surprised by your using of the term "nadu", though I shouldn't be, considering that while the term is considered mundane, it has connotations to a bunch of religious practices. Onward to chapter five!!!!!!!

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes