Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Wicked Choices v0.5.2.0 Update (July 5, 2018)
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Sorry that you all haven’t heard much from me in the past few days, the wife and I have been working overtime here to get this darn chapter part finished, so that I can try and get it to @Palanto by this weekend to program.

Because of my health and all of the doctors’ appointments and wresting with insurance companies, if not for the wife, I would’ve been so behind… as it stands, 90% of the poses were done by her, around 80-85% of the rendering, giving me the opportunity to focus particular attention the writing and the 3 main routes you can take, along with some minor choices in some of them.

To give you an idea of scope, just one route is over 4,000 words and over 30 images large!!

So yeah, there will be plenty of words and images to FAP to if it pleases you! ;)

Also, need to thank the wife for allowing me to stay home from the family’s during the holiday yesterday so that I could keep working… I know she was a little frustrated that I would come with her to go to the family picnic and participate in launching fireworks, but she understands how important getting this release done is and how much all of you depend on us.

Need to also say thank you and apologize to Palanto for kind of ‘going dark’ on and not talking much with him while I’ve been doing everything… so thankful he understands that I work in silence and has been covering me in answering people’s posts and questions while I’ve been working… damn good friend and business partner right there!!

For those wondering as to my health, I have a doctor’s appointment to find out the course of action we need to take based on my enhanced CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis on July 17, 2018 @ 1:30pm.

Fortunately, the polyps and the 4 mm nodule within the right middle lobe appears to be stable and benign.

Although, there is still stone burden in the left kidney which contains 2 stones the largest of which is in the midpole measuring 5 mm. Cholelithiasis (gallstones, one of which is 1.9 cm), a right hepatic cyst in my liver and asymmetric bladder wall thickening adjacent to the left UVJ with signs of ulcers in the bladder which is the likely cause for all of the blood that I pass when I urinate.

In short, doesn’t appear to be cancer, but my lower body is FUBAR, likely because of all of the meds that I take to manage pain due to my spinal degeneration… but fixable and I can continue working on the games with only minor setbacks!!

My thanks go out to all of you who have been patient, supported and encouraged me (all of us, actually), offered condolences, prayers, shared your own health issues and shown care through all of these months… words could not even begin to explain the strength and courage you all have given me to keep my focus and kept me from sinking into fear and despair, so THANK YOU!!

Well this pretty much sums up everything that has been going on, got to get back at it so that I am not too late for all of you and thanks again for all of your support and understanding!!

~Jack
Thank you wife for helping out!
Hope everything else is going good for you, take a break if you need it maybe some hot tea with honey, apple cider vinegar an lemon.
pop team lemon.gif

pavar

Jul 3, 2017
Thank you for the offer!!

I know that @Palanto is currently working to translate the game to German... I don't know what the language is where you are from @TheNR, but I will have Palanto send you a message to get more information from you, as I want to keep focusing on this month's release for everyone!
If you want modern greek and/or italian, send it to me too (though it will need a lot of thought on how not to weaken the script during translation).

Reactions: Wyrme and Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Awesome :) Well it doesn't hurt to support more languages :D I'll send you a pm tomorrow, we can talk about the details then ;)

Reactions: Wyrme and pavar

dcvngtn3

Nov 15, 2017
not sure if it's a problem with the crunched version or not, but I noticed in Chapter 5 the MCs name reverted to Mike after I had changed it at the beginning of the game.

Other than that, excellent game! And I hope the dev's health gets better.

Reactions: Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Nah, it's not because of the crunched version. It got fixed already but I'll have to ask the players name again in the next update (since that got reverted to it's original accidentally :( )

Reactions: dcvngtn3

dcvngtn3

Nov 15, 2017
Nah, it's not because of the crunched version. It got fixed already but I'll have to ask the players name again in the next update (since that got reverted to it's original accidentally :( )
Ah, ok, wasn't sure if it was a legit bug or not because i know there can be problems with crunched versions and other things. Thanks for responding!

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
You're welcome :) I hope there aren't more variables overwritten in your savegame.... :-\ Else you'd have to start a new game again with the next version :'(

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
@ASLPro3D

Glad to hear it is not cancer. Hopefully, you will get some good news on Tuesday. Any chance of the doctors being able to mix you a different cocktail (pills) so as to not cause other problems?

On a less somber/serious note, I am trying to decide on the proper 'Power Up' music for the ritual coming in next update. Not sure of what the mood setting may be, so I have narrowed it down to the following: "Walpurgisnacht" (Faun), "White Wedding"/"Cradle of Love" (Billy Idol), or something from Wardruna (maybe "Helvegen").

You and your wife take care.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
crunch.png

Wicked Choices v0.5.2.0 Update (July 12, 2018)
(as posted on our Patron Page)

Hello Everyone,

It’s me again, I want to keep this brief, as I want to jump back into this and finish things up but wanted to let you know where we are at in things around here… particularly, since all of you have been incredibly patient with us.

I am currently on the last legs of rendering and rendering the last route out and the wife has already been working this weekend on the poses needed for next month’s release and last chapter of “Wicked Choices: Book One”; in the meantime, Palanto has been waiting on me and working with the translators (Russian, Greek, Italian and German) to translate the entire game and importing that work into the game.

I, admittedly, really sort of bit off more than I could chew with this release… it is the LARGEST release thus far and the reason for that is because I REALLY wanted all of you to have options to choose from when it came to the MC finally getting some “action” (i.e. sex) and giving all of you some options of what you want to do and who you want to “Power Up” with… Jamila, Mariam, Edith… all three… and ways that you can have fun with them… with special bonuses, or penalties and stuff… oh, and let’s not forget about the FAP, even she get’s involved if you choose a certain way.

Just one route was over 7,000 words, 37 pages with 1 to 2 images per page (think it came out to be 40+ images) just for that route… the other two routes are a little more involved, as it is a threesome route, so lots more writing and renders there… and I am currently on the last route (about halfway through it) and will be finished with it today or tomorrow night at the latest.

It will take a couple of days for Palanto to inject everything into the software, bundle it up and get it up on the server and will get it out to all of you as soon as possible.

I can’t thank all of you enough for your patience and support… particularly those who’ve pledged to have gotten the release last Friday and have been patiently waiting for the release and have been understanding, so THANK YOU!!!

As soon as I am done with the renders and get the images and Twine files out to Palanto, I will be jumping right into the exciting conclusion of “Wicked Choices: Book One”, where you get to punish Janice and William, as well as, a few other little surprises… and will get back to work with the UI Artist who will be designing all of the layouts for the next “Wicked Choices” game…

Ugh… so much for being brief… *sigh*… anyhow, THANK YOU again for all of your patience and support and will let you know as soon as the stuff heads out to Palanto!!

Back to work, I go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Jack

(ps. Thank you to @TheNR and @pavar for helping with translations!! Thank you for working with us to make the game more inclusive for others, I really appreciate it!!)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
131007finish.jpg

PLEASE READ: Update about “Wicked Choices v0.5.2.0” Release!! (July 16, 2018)
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

I am pleased to report that v0.5.2.0 will be released by the end of this week or sometime during the weekend!!!!!!

My plan to have things finished up and out to @Palanto this past weekend… failed and for those who follow me on Facebook know the tragic family reason for this and know that this week is going to be a long and troubling one, between doctor my scheduled doctor’s visit and then two days later… well, it’s never easy to say goodbye.

Anyway, I’ve been working pretty hard here, trying to keep my mind from being distracted from memories and such, and I got quite a bit of stuff done… the size of this release is nearly or is DOUBLE any of my previous releases (nearly 20,000 words) and puts me one step closer to being done with just one episode (Chapter 6) of “Wicked Choice: Book One” left to do.

IF YOU ARE A PATRON AND SUPPORT US ON PATREON, PLEASE READ, PLEASE READ, PLEASE READ!!!

After talking with the wife and letting @Palanto know, I have decided that after the release of v0.5.2.0 this week, I WILL NOT BE RELEASING A GAME UPDATE IN AUGUST!!!

So, the last chapter of “WICKED CHOICES v0.6.00” will be released in SEPTEMBER instead of August.

There is NO WAY that I can get the last chapter of “Wicked Choices: Book One” done in just 10 days and I certainly can’t keep the pace that I’ve been and killing myself with work like I have these last few months…

I want this thing DONE, probably more than some of you, but the last thing that I want to do is rush the very last chapter or cut things out of it.

There are MANY THINGS that need to happen in “Wicked Choices v0.6.0.0” and MORE to the thrilling last chapter than just visiting your sister-in-law (Janice) and William… and deciding how to punish them for what they’ve done… believe me, the exciting ending of “Book One” that will have you freaking out!!!

SO… INSTEAD OF RUSHING TO RELEASE IT IN AUGUST, I’d rather take that entire month of August and the last 10 days of July left to really produce a GREAT FINISH to the first game that all of you have been enjoying… and not kill myself with work.

PLEASE… if you are ONLY a supporter here to get the game next release and not supporting us because you enjoy the work we do, then I ask that you go and PAUSE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION/MEMBERSHIP with us RIGHT NOW SO THAT YOU ARE NOT CHARGED FOR AUGUST!!

AGAIN, THERE WILL BE NO RELEASE IN AUGUST!!! SO, IF YOU ARE JUST PAYING TO GET A RELEASE AND NOT PAYING TO SUPPORT US WHILE WE WORK ON ONE… PAUSE YOUR MEMBERSHIP NOW!!!

You can do so, by following the instructions explained on this link:

That said, July’s release will be finished and released sometime this week/weekend for the $30, $20 and $10 patrons, with the $5 and $1 Patrons getting it their normal time and once it has been, I will get back to work and spend the remaining 10 days of July and all of August working to bring you and ending to “Wicked Choices: Book One” that all of you can enjoy.

Thanks, and talk soon!
~Jack

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Do what it takes. I, amongst many others for sure, rather wait a couple weeks than have it not be to your standards. :)
Thank you my friend!! Your support since the beginning has been most appreciated and have always enjoyed your thoughts on the game and story!!

Reactions: Palanto and Hadgar
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes