DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sounds like you and the Missus can use a nice and relaxing X-mas period Jack and yeah I think that raise for your wive was underpaid considering the amount of extra work it involves. Time for some serious salary discussions at next review. :p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Sounds like LOTS and LOTS of sacrifices made, all of which I respect highly, hehe yeah, you and your wife really are like a power couple :) I certainly hope there'll be easier times ahead for y'all that allows you to take some time off, just kick back and relax, play games you've postponed for so long or do other activities you might enjoy doing, y'all certainly deserve it and I hope that you'll get it too :)
Not sure about being a Power Couple, but we both have goals for ourselves and each other and work hard to achieve them. We may not be able to afford a lot of fancy things, but we make due with what we have, love and know each other enough and support each other pretty well.

Honestly, I am damn freaking lucky to have her in my life, I don't know of or think there is anyone else in this world that would have the patience to put up with my broken, old, tired ass!! So, I think I got the better end of the deal with our relationship! ;)

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Not sure about being a Power Couple, but we both have goals for ourselves and each other and work hard to achieve them. We may not be able to afford a lot of fancy things, but we make due with what we have, love and know each other enough and support each other pretty well.

Honestly, I am damn freaking lucky to have her in my life, I don't know of or think there is anyone else in this world that would have the patience to put up with my broken, old, tired ass!! So, I think I got the better end of the deal with our relationship! ;)
And that's why I call you the power couple, especially in this day and age, I mean think about it; people are very quick to get married these days, and the moment they come to a rough patch, they're signing off divorce papers, or just divorce for whatever reason after maybe 1-3 years, haha, I read that in papers pretty much every day, so what you have is admirable and enviable indeed, something people should strive for :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Sounds like you and the Missus can use a nice and relaxing X-mas period Jack and yeah I think that raise for your wive was underpaid considering the amount of extra work it involves. Time for some serious salary discussions at next review. :p
Yeah, it would be nice if her employer was more accommodating in the wage department, but like most employers these days, they are tight fisted with their money and have no problem trying to replace a person for lesser wage... the way of the world.

To be blunt and honest, we are lucky that the wife is now making almost 42k a year, and thanks to everyone supporting us on Patreon we able to bump that amount up around another 12k, putting us nearly at a lower, middleclass income than the poverty that we've been for a long time... we may not have a lot of money to 'play' with, but our bills are finally getting paid, keeping the roof over our heads and can afford a nice meal from time to time now. ;)

It will [hopefully] be a lot better this coming year, once all of the medical bills are paid and things start rolling with the new game... but, honestly, I can't complain. The supporters we have, have been wonderful to us, supporting us for our efforts, enjoying our work and like you, have become good friends of ours... we may not be rich with money, but we are far better off than others who have tons of money and no real friends, so I really can't complain!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
And that's why I call you the power couple, especially in this day and age, I mean think about it; people are very quick to get married these days, and the moment they come to a rough patch, they're signing off divorce papers, or just divorce for whatever reason after maybe 1-3 years, haha, I read that in papers pretty much every day, so what you have is admirable and enviable indeed, something people should strive for :)
Oh for sure!!

Most couples these days seem to marry for convenience or for selfish reasons... and they pack their stuff up and leave at first time of trouble.

Don't get me wrong, our marriage isn't without its own brand of troubles... I mean, heck, I have a disease that is slowly killing me by attacking my skeletal system and spine (which also disrupts my ability to be intimate the way I used to be, if you know what I mean) and, as such, my days of being able to hold a 'normal' job due to it is far behind me because of it and then having to get rid of 5 kidney stones and the entire cancer scare of this year has not helped... and until being able to start making some money from the supporters on Patreon, most of our monthly living expenses fell on the wife's shoulders.

I am just really thankful that there was a means and a way to start earning money again and to find a way to start kind of pulling my weight around the house again for her...

I thank every day that I have her in my life, she supports me, helps me (even doing adult games), comforts me and takes care of me... even on my 'good' days... to have someone stand by me like that for 25 years now (this past September), makes me a really, really, really lucky man!

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Oh for sure!!

Most couples these days seem to marry for convenience or for selfish reasons... and they pack their stuff up and leave at first time of trouble.

Don't get me wrong, our marriage isn't without its own brand of troubles... I mean, heck, I have a disease that is slowly killing me by attacking my skeletal system and spine (which also disrupts my ability to be intimate the way I used to be, if you know what I mean) and, as such, my days of being able to hold a 'normal' job due to it is far behind me because of it and then having to get rid of 5 kidney stones and the entire cancer scare of this year has not helped... and until being able to start making some money from the supporters on Patreon, most of our monthly living expenses fell on the wife's shoulders.

I am just really thankful that there was a means and a way to start earning money again and to find a way to start kind of pulling my weight around the house again for her...

I thank every day that I have her in my life, she supports me, helps me (even doing adult games), comforts me and takes care of me... even on my 'good' days... to have someone stand by me like that for 25 years now (this past September), makes me a really, really, really lucky man!
A quarter century huh? Happy very belated anniversary then, that's a big milestone right there, sticking together through thick and thin for so long and counting, it does take unconditional love and understanding and support to pull that off, it ain't always easy, but what in life really is? Like they say, getting an A grade is easy, it's maintaining that that's hard, as a figure of speech :)
I personally do wish you guys all the best, you're among the nicest people and devs I've had the pleasure to chat with, it's always a pleasure :)
I wish I could support the game(s) financially, but money really is tight alright, but the least I can do is spread word and which I've done every time I see people asking for recommendations, with any luck some of those people will pledge :)

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
@Fred Flintstone, (as well as, @frogbert, @fitgirlbestgirl and everyone else who has) just wanted to take a few more moments of your time to THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review of our game, for others and ourselves to read. I really appreciate the time that you took to do that, so thank you!! :)
It was barely a review, but you're welcome. Thanks for making a fun game, looking forward to the next one.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Oh for sure!!

:eek:Haven't know that about you. I know about the kindey stones and your the cancers scare, the whole other health issue not. I don't know what to say, but I whish you the best.
In my view, what you both have is a good definition of a serious, caring realationship. I can't say much in this area of expertise.
And yes, I approve, you are old, at least on the paper.:p I don't believe that your mind has the same age.:)

Yeah, it would be nice if her employer was more accommodating in the wage department, but like most employers these days, they are tight fisted with their money and have no problem trying to replace a person for lesser wage... the way of the world.

To be blunt and honest, we are lucky that the wife is now making almost 42k a year, and thanks to everyone supporting us on Patreon we able to bump that amount up around another 12k, putting us nearly at a lower, middleclass income than the poverty that we've been for a long time... we may not have a lot of money to 'play' with, but our bills are finally getting paid, keeping the roof over our heads and can afford a nice meal from time to time now. ;)

It will [hopefully] be a lot better this coming year, once all of the medical bills are paid and things start rolling with the new game... but, honestly, I can't complain. The supporters we have, have been wonderful to us, supporting us for our efforts, enjoying our work and like you, have become good friends of ours... we may not be rich with money, but we are far better off than others who have tons of money and no real friends, so I really can't complain!
Now, I am embrassed of my 8h/5d job and my lazy attitude (and my income).:oops:

A quarter century huh? Happy very belated anniversary then, that's a big milestone right there, sticking together through thick and thin for so long and counting, it does take unconditional love and understanding and support to pull that off, it ain't always easy, but what in life really is? Like they say, getting an A grade is easy, it's maintaining that that's hard, as a figure of speech :)
I personally do wish you guys all the best, you're among the nicest people and devs I've had the pleasure to chat with, it's always a pleasure :)
I would say the same.

Now one more reason for the review I promised @Palanto. As again, my lazy ass is the only reason why I haven't done that yet - as the final release is out:).
I'm sure I would even miss my ticket to heaven, otherwise if the little FAP is anywhere I doubt it will be near the angel - close relatives excluded.

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I wish I could support the game(s) financially, but money really is tight alright, but the least I can do is spread word and which I've done every time I see people asking for recommendations, with any luck some of those people will pledge :)
The key to a successful relationship and marriage (and ANY relationship actually), is honesty and communication. And, when I mean communication, I am not talking about where you shout over each other, but the ability to listen to what the other person has to say before opening your own mouth...

Heh, I am not perfect in it... there are times when my German side or Scottish side peeks out and my mouth gets me in trouble, but being sensitive enough to let the other person speak first, to watch them as they talk and hear them... it really does work and, yes, sometimes you have to make concessions, let them 'win' the argument... but always being honest with each other takes a ton of guess work out of what is bothering you.

Thank you for the wishes on our anniversary, @Eerie Entity, and for spreading the word about the game, trust me helps!! :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
:eek:Haven't know that about you. I know about the kindey stones and your the cancers scare, the whole other health issue not. I don't know what to say, but I whish you the best.
In my view, what you both have is a good definition of a serious, caring relationship. I can't say much in this area of expertise.
And yes, I approve, you are old, at least on the paper.:p I don't believe that your mind has the same age.:)
Yeah, well I try not to talk about it too much on Facebook, here or on my Patreon... because I don't want the disease to DEFINE who I am with people and sure don't want pity from people. I want to be known for my accomplishments, my dedication and for the things I do.

I tell people so that they can understand that when I say that 'I can understand their situation', that I really mean it... I can understand and relate.

Life, brings with it a challenge for everyone... no one is immune to having difficulties in it, but it is how we face those difficulties that defines who we are and demonstrates the sort of individuals that we are, or can be.

Now, I am embarrassed of my 8h/5d job and my lazy attitude (and my income).:oops:
Hey, you work, that isn't laziness... that is being responsible! So don't be embarrassed or think you are lazy, because your not.

I would say the same.

Now one more reason for the review I promised @Palanto. As again, my lazy ass is the only reason why I haven't done that yet - as the final release is out:).
I'm sure I would even miss my ticket to heaven otherwise if the little FAP is anywhere I doubt it will be near the angel - close relatives excluded.
The wife and I thank you for your wishes, my friend and, yes, you don't want to upset the little FAP!! :ROFLMAO:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, well I try not to talk about it too much on Facebook, here or on my Patreon... because I don't want the disease to DEFINE who I am with people and sure don't want pity from people. I want to be known for my accomplishments, my dedication and for the things I do.

I tell people so that they can understand that when I say that 'I can understand their situation', that I really mean it... I can understand and relate.

Life, brings with it a challenge for everyone... no one is immune to having difficulties in it, but it is how we face those difficulties that defines who we are and demonstrates the sort of individuals that we are, or can be.
I can understand it too. I share the point of you, that the "gifts" of life is not what you makes you. It is the attitude for this "gifts" that define us, among others.
I have also gained some "gift" form this sellout, nothing serious, only some very, easy minor thing, that won't kill me. What I hate most, if when people think they must ask others about this. I mean ok, when I was a kid, I can understand that you would ask my parents. But after I was an adult?!:mad: I'm the person you with it, even if that tag is unwished and you don't have the courage ask me direct?
But then I, myself, aren't a saint either.

Hey, you work, that isn't laziness... that is being responsible! So don't be embarrassed or think you are lazy, because your not.
This my friend, shows me, that you don't know me that good. I know that, I have some strong traits of lazyness or nihilism.:whistle:

The wife and I thank you for your wishes, my friend and, yes, you don't want to upset the little FAP!! :ROFLMAO:
You both are welcomed. Why not upset her, some things are worth the consequence.:sneaky:

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
However, it also gets overly tiresome to have individuals who seem to think it is OK to DEMAND something more from us as creators, believing that in some way that downloading our game for free and playing it means that WE, @Palanto and myself, OWE them something and must LISTEN and ADHERE to their demands of us.

Since we made the announcement of the change to RPGM at the end of August and beginning of September, we've had people threaten us here on F95 to 'never play your game again' or weld a 'possible future patronage' as an attempt to get us to change our mind and direction...
Well, if you stare in the Abyss, the Abyss stares back. Posting work online is always asking for 'opinions', so is making polarizing decisions. Anger and Hate, like Love, are forms of compassion. You should always LISTEN to people who care about you even if they are hostile. You should also try to think about it. Doesn't mean you have to act on the input you receive though.
I understand that the average criticism you receive is straining to say the least, but if most consumers were able to voice their concerns constructively and economically implement them, they would be designers as well... ....and to defend the poor leeches on F95Zone: The amount of acidic, mind numbing brain waste we dig through until we find gems like yours takes a strain on us, too. True optimists we know even the best game will turn worse if we love it hard enough.^^.

On the other hand, most of us will come back if your product is better than our limited expectations. I am not saying you should care less about your customers but if you have fucks left to give, put them into your product instead. We will find worse games to take a dump on, so just keep it up. Unfinished good games are the true bane of any civilized consumer.

That said, RPGM isn't well suited to make classic VNs like Wicked Choices but excels at 16 bit adventures like Zelda. Just make sure the game requires RPGM half the time and most won't even notice how annoying it is. And at last, i can always threaten to become your patron, doesn't mean i go through with it :p.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well, if you stare in the Abyss, the Abyss stares back. Posting work online is always asking for 'opinions', so is making polarizing decisions. Anger and Hate, like Love, are forms of compassion. You should always LISTEN to people who care about you even if they are hostile. You should also try to think about it. Doesn't mean you have to act on the input you receive though.
I understand that the average criticism you receive is straining to say the least, but if most consumers were able to voice their concerns constructively and economically implement them, they would be designers as well... ....and to defend the poor leeches on F95Zone: The amount of acidic, mind numbing brain waste we dig through until we find gems like yours takes a strain on us, too. True optimists we know even the best game will turn worse if we love it hard enough.^^.

On the other hand, most of us will come back if your product is better than our limited expectations. I am not saying you should care less about your customers but if you have fucks left to give, put them into your product instead. We will find worse games to take a dump on, so just keep it up. Unfinished good games are the true bane of any civilized consumer.

That said, RPGM isn't well suited to make classic VNs like Wicked Choices but excels at 16 bit adventures like Zelda. Just make sure the game requires RPGM half the time and most won't even notice how annoying it is. And at last, i can always threaten to become your patron, doesn't mean i go through with it :p.
I am smart enough to not stare into the Abyss... unless, of course, that Abyss happens to be my workload, which, sadly, I am unable to avoid staring into that...

Forms of compassion, I guess I can kind of see that... which also means me telling individuals to "fuck off and die" is the ultimate form of love I can express to them!! I mean I would like to love them to DEATH... their DEATH of course, wouldn't want there to be confusion in that arena. :LOL:

But, like most married men, I will listen to what they say, but will still do whatever the hell it is that I want to do... ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@imoutolover thank you for the review and rating of our game and, trust us... this episode of the game may be finished, but we are far from being finished with the story! ;) The bitch of a wife will get what is coming to her... of course, that is, if you decide to punish her or not! ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
nmp01_0071b.png

“Adventures of a Changed Boy” Prologue Update – December 11, 2018
(As posted on our Patreon Page)

While the holiday season is rapidly approaching, the best gift that I can give to all of you is the start of our next game… regretfully, however, it won’t come till after the New Year, but we REALLY think you’re going to LIKE it when it arrives!!!

While it may be the prologue that leads up to the main game, MAKE NO MISTAKE, your choices and the directions that you choose for the new characters are going to IMPACT the main story of “Adventures of a Changed Boy” and their involvement within it when the main game comes out!

Oh… and there will be plenty of lust-filled experiences and sexual opportunities for you to explore in these introductions, as well!

You can expect the first “Adventures of a Changed BoyPrologue release in January… and it will take you from beautiful Japan to the fictional city in New York!! What happens before and during that long trip will be up to you!

In the meantime, with the Gold Master Release of “Wicked Choices: Book One” complete, Palanto has been very busy working on the RPGM side of the new game, building the sets, scenes and locations that you will all get to explore if you choose to play the RPG side of the game.

Well, I know this is a shorter message than I usually post for all of you, but I really, really, really want to get this first episode of the Prologue finished for all of you and provide you with the kind of product that you’ve come to expect from us (and, maybe, a little bit better also).

I will keep you all updated as things progress and hope that all of you are having a GREAT WEEK so far!!

Talk soon,
~Jack

imoutolover

Jan 9, 2018
@imoutolover thank you for the review and rating of our game and, trust us... this episode of the game may be finished, but we are far from being finished with the story! ;) The bitch of a wife will get what is coming to her... of course, that is, if you decide to punish her or not! ;)
@ASLPro3D haha, yes I figured as much, you have an awesome team, and a brilliant story telling ability. It's just going to be a while I think before we can see him get his revenge, though I must admit so far it's a beginning with everything that has happened in such a short time. Even though I know it could be free, I've become a voyeur patron just now. Your team deserves all the money you make, and then some.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyways, best believe she will be getting some form of punishment for crossing the antichrist, just a matter of how severe. :LOL:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ASLPro3D haha, yes I figured as much, you have an awesome team, and a brilliant story telling ability. It's just going to be a while I think before we can see him get his revenge, though I must admit so far it's a beginning with everything that has happened in such a short time. Even though I know it could be free, I've become a voyeur patron just now. Your team deserves all the money you make, and then some.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyways, best believe she will be getting some form of punishment for crossing the antichrist, just a matter of how severe. :LOL:
We certainly appreciate your support, @imoutolover!! Every little bit helps and gets us closer to building an even larger team, for more goodies for everyone! ;)

Yeah, it is amazing to think that all of that has happened to him (you) in such a very short time (less than a month, since having sex with Claire)!! He's only been able to address the situation with William... but yeah, in "Wicked Choices: Book Two" a lot of it will be focused on the Antichrist's wife (and possible revenge on her), as well as, trying to come to terms with his growing harem of girls and relationships!! :D

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes