• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Aug 23, 2018

UPDATE: The Art of Frustration… - March 11, 2019

Hello everyone, I hope that you all are doing well and had a good week and weekend!!

Well, it is that time of week where I share with you all everything that we’ve been doing this past week and on the status of the game.

First of all, things are progressing on the game… Palanto has been spending pretty much all of what little free time that he has between family, his new job and the wonderful little things that LIFE likes to throw at each and everyone of us, and things are really starting to take shape programming wise.

That said, after some serious thought as to the advances that we want to do with the game, I think we seriously need to start looking for someone to help us with additional programming and scripting, so that he has some back up help that can take some of the pressure off of him…

Even with the reduction in help from the wife (not to mention the lack of time that I’ve been able to see or spend with her), I have managed to find a pretty smooth work cycle for myself in the creation of story and art content… so, while it would be nice to have help, eventually, in the art creation side of the game, it isn’t as necessary, right now, as having someone to help Palanto with the programming.

Particularly, when you consider that “Chapter One” of the prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy” has almost 900 images to script into and link inside of the game, as well as, sound effects, music, animation and nearly 40,000 words (a small American novel), all combined to have interactive and changing character stats, player outcomes, etc.…
…and “Chapter Two” looks like it will be close to the same size as well… so yeah, I need to find him some help!!

So, if there is anyone here that has experience in Python and other programming languages and can give us a hand, we’d greatly appreciate it!!

As you can see, publicly, we don’t make very much money yet for our game, but we can pay you a little if you can help take some pressure off of Palanto…

…and, in the meantime, we will keep working steadily on the game and looking for the help we need, please be patient with us, know that your support and dedication in us is GREATLY appreciated and our goal is, and always has been, to provide you with the VERY BEST we can give to you for your faith and trust in us!!!

Thank you, so much!!
~Jack

(PS: the image above is a scene inside of Karma’s Palace, which takes place in “Chapter Two”)
who is karma and when does hse come in chapter 2 ?

Aug 23, 2018
In case you have not seen her before, Karma made her initial appearance at the end of Wicked Choices: Book I.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
that i have seen in the last chp, I was just asking cuz the other guy said they appeared in chp 2 as well so I was confused then he mentioned they will be in chp 2 in book 2.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Here
or here
Thanks @UncleVT I have made a "Job Request/Help Wanted" post over here:

Hopefully, we will be able to pick someone up that can help and also learn from @Palanto, I also edited our FP here to reflect our need for an additional programmer... :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I am interested, I am not an expert in python and renpy but I do have some experience(been a java dev for 3 years, recently shifted to python) and I will work for free(Why? Let's just say that I have got some free time and I need a new hobby). And yes I am familiar with twine too.
Hey @Jon_Sleeper!

First of all, thanks to you I am now going to have the Dongo song stuck in my head all day! :LOL:

How long have you been working in Python, if I might ask, and I will certainly pass along your interest in helping us to @Palanto and either he or I will contact you in a couple of days. (y)

Thanks!!
~Jack

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
Hey @Jon_Sleeper!

First of all, thanks to you I am now going to have the Dongo song stuck in my head all day! :LOL:

How long have you been working in Python, if I might ask, and I will certainly pass along your interest in helping us to @Palanto and either he or I will contact you in a couple of days. (y)

Thanks!!
~Jack
Not too long actually just a couple of months. Like I said I worked as a Java dev for 3 years. Shifted to python in November.

Reactions: DA22 and ASLPro3D

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Please may I ask a question?

I *have* read the walkthrough, and although it tells you how to get (I'm at the start of the game) 'high', 'medium' and 'low' confidence, it doesn't explain which is a *good* route (though, due to the deaths 'n all, I figured out that low confidence is not one of the better routes to take).

I mean, when I'm playing a game like this, I want my 'wahmen' to have as little confidence as possible. As the Princess seems to be heading like a homing missile to 'my' cock, I'll get to meet her at some point. I do *not* want her to have high confidence at that point :p

But will her not having high confidence hinder the plot?

I don't really know what I'm asking, but as this game (part) is [Completed] and the thread has nigh on 300 pages, someone here must be as perverted as me, and know what I want :D

All the wahmen, as a slave, servant, or submissive, please? What should I do?

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
so i know nothing of this title and I just have one question before getting into it...can you be a female protagonist only? or does it switch back and forth? or what? i really only like female protag games (playing a male is boring for me) but the tags say both, so I was just curious what this one entails.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
so i know nothing of this title and I just have one question before getting into it...can you be a female protagonist only? or does it switch back and forth? or what? i really only like female protag games (playing a male is boring for me) but the tags say both, so I was just curious what this one entails.
From what I've played, IRL you're male, but you also play from the viewpoint of a princess from 'another world'...

So if you're FMC only, I'm not sure this'll ring your bell.. (Though I'm only halfway through)...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hard to say though Jack did try to explain it before. The real MC of the story is the MC but the princess is the most important second character in the series. I saw Jack talking before about having book two and book three being able to be played fully from Lynara's perspective or MC's perspective. For book one you also run into another perspective or two but MC is the main protoganist and Lynara is the main second viewpoint for those scenes the MC cannot be part of. So short answer, you might be able to get what you wish for in book two, but the antichrist is the main focus in book I.

@Zenithtb This is not so much meant as a walkthrough game but as a choose as how you want to play, though Jack admitted that he would be very surprised if people would get to a harem without a walkthrough. Considering the confidence, that princess is one of the strongest possible people in the game and you will likely need her active help to win or let alone even survive the coming wars. So do you really think turning her into your enemy or an egomaniac that hates everyone or a cowering person with no confidence will be smart things? That said wicked choices is being meant as a make the choices you want and see the consequences at the end story as a series. So if you want to see what happens to your MC if you do that you likely can. :p

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Yes, most certainly will pass along your wishes to him when I hear from him next (hopefully soon)... and yeah, I certainly want to keep him around, as without him, honestly, there won't be a game and I would have to close up shop... as I can't program, hell, I am stretched so thin right now with the wife no longer working on this, that if Palanto bailed, I would have to quit... simply because I can't do all of this myself and certainly not on the scale that I've been doing it. :(

So, yeah, I really need him and want to keep him around.
If I'd ever bail I'd get a replacement ready before leaving and long before that I'd tell you so we could plan the steps to take.

Hope you will find someone soon Jack, that wants to help with the code soon or someone that wants to learn how to code under the tutelage of Palanto. Anyone interested in learning could def have a worse tutor as Palanto.
Maybe, although there are far better tutors around here ;) i.e. @booom313 @anne O'nymous @the66 and a lot of other people just on this forum alone ;)

Though I'm quite well known to help others out if I can, doesn't necessarily mean I always know what I'm doing though ;) Just ask @veqvil who has gone through the horror of being tutored by me :ROFLMAO:

But now to the serious things:

I'm sorry to everyone, I didn't have much time the past couple weeks before and now after the job change. I have to learn a hell lot of new things I never needed to know in my private life (who needs to know what stages an e-mail goes through from pressing the send button to receiving it on the other end and a whole ton of other stuff like that.... jeez).
So I'm really really sorry that I couldn't come in here as much as I wanted to and didn't even had the time to tell @ASLPro3D what was going on at times.... I'm so glad he took the step and got us a new programmer to help me out along the way. And since it's someone I highly respect in this community I'm even more glad that he did. I don't know if @ASLPro3D revealed it yet (I think he didn't) that's why I won't tell it in here yet. But I'm giving a warm welcome to that person and hope you'll do too when the time comes :)
Just to be clear, I consider this helping hand as FAR superior than me in programming, so I might even end up becoming the second programmer in the long run, but that doesn't worry me in the slightes ;) It's absolutely great to know we got someone I can rely on and don't have any worries about leaving parts or most of the prologue job to them ;)
This way I can concentrate the sparse time I currently have to working on the rpgmaker side of the upcoming project. And don't have to worry about pushing another ren'py project in between ;)

tldr;
Sorry for being gone for so long, rl was harsh and still will be a little longer (have to learn much much more)
Please welcome the new programmer @ASLPro3D got to join us.
Don't worry about me I'll stick to you as glue ;) And the new programmer is an old WELL KNOWN community member that has worked on multiple games and ports who's far better than me at programming so you're in good hands even if I don't have time to do it myself :D

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes