2.90 star(s) 60 Votes

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
happy new year
v0.14 was released yesterday for tier4 patreons. wait and see whether something has really improved.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Every time an update drops everybody just complains that nothing happens. Are people really expecting this time to be different? Don't get me wrong I'd like to have some real progress with the LI but I'm tempering my expectations.
I wouldn't call handjobs and blowjobs (from both Julia and Katherine) "nothing", but whatever. If the game goes to its conclusion, sex will eventually happen. You are right, of course, that it's unlikely to have happened within the last 2 updates.

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
I wouldn't call handjobs and blowjobs (from both Julia and Katherine) "nothing", but whatever. If the game goes to its conclusion, sex will eventually happen. You are right, of course, that it's unlikely to have happened within the last 2 updates.
Yeah , well if after around 2-3 years all you get is BJ or HJ then I guess after a decade the game will surely have a proper sex scene.

• Haha
Reactions: McZoy

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
[/QUOTE]
Yeah , well if after around 2-3 years all you get is BJ or HJ then I guess after a decade the game will surely have a proper sex scene.
that's because dev's who use sandbox are too busy programming in pointless and frustrating tasks to focus on what's important the artwork and the story... but what do I know. sandbox seems to be the latest fad. More and more titles are featuring it and the grind continues, but if players would stop paying attention to anything with sandbox grind we might get better stories and content. If I see even a hint of sandbox or point systems in a story I won't even bother to look at it anymore. When I first started vn's I didn't know any better but as they say fool me once....

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
if players would stop paying attention to anything with sandbox grind we might get better stories and content.
That will never happen. Yes, there are a lot of people who hate sandbox, but there are plenty of people (like me) who really couldn't care less. If there is unnecessary grind (which there isn't in this game), the sandbox is implemented poorly, and that definitely is a problem. If there are actual events and meaningful scenes (arguable with this VN, but I think it's mostly true), sandbox shouldn't matter. IMO having to click a location at a specific time for a scene is a very small requirement if the game makes clear when and where that is.

Do I prefer non-sandbox? Yes. Do I hate sandbox? No. As long as it's not grindy (I don't feel this one is), I — and many others — will keep playing sandbox if those keep getting made.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
That will never happen. Yes, there are a lot of people who hate sandbox, but there are plenty of people (like me) who really couldn't care less. If there is unnecessary grind (which there isn't in this game), the sandbox is implemented poorly, and that definitely is a problem. If there are actual events and meaningful scenes (arguable with this VN, but I think it's mostly true), sandbox shouldn't matter. IMO having to click a location at a specific time for a scene is a very small requirement if the game makes clear when and where that is.

Do I prefer non-sandbox? Yes. Do I hate sandbox? No. As long as it's not grindy (I don't feel this one is), I — and many others — will keep playing sandbox if those keep getting made.
which is exactly why dev's keep mass producing it because players will compromise or just shrug it off, but a big trend in sandbox is horrible or mediocre writing and so the dev's use sandbox or over complicated multiple paths or points systems so that you don't recognize the horrible writing and maybe this one is the exception but majoritly the rewards are usually not well balanced to the effort. Like you do a fuck ton of taks to get a handy or maybe a boob job and then after 6000 more pointless tasks and complicated choices you finally get something else like maybe a dry hump or butt rub... like I said it doesn't matter if you mind it or not the point is it detracts from immersion into the character and makes the experience way less enjoyable. could just be my opinion but I have talked to quite a few people on discord and most agree with me unless they are just telling me lies. to me the compensation for the effort is rarely worth the outcome. it's just pointless clicking because the dev couldn't find enough story to tell or make enough renders to relate a story so they made this instead. I'm sure there are sandbox with decent writing or whatever but majoritly I haven't seen it. That's why I have an uncompromising no policy on that stuff. I understand that we all have different things we will tolerate, so kudos to you that you can tolerate it and in some cases probably enjoy it.

Reactions: lumley

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
which is exactly why dev's keep mass producing it because players will compromise or just shrug it off, but a big trend in sandbox is horrible or mediocre writing and so the dev's use sandbox or over complicated multiple paths or points systems so that you don't recognize the horrible writing and maybe this one is the exception but majoritly the rewards are usually not well balanced to the effort. Like you do a fuck ton of taks to get a handy or maybe a boob job and then after 6000 more pointless tasks and complicated choices you finally get something else like maybe a dry hump or butt rub... like I said it doesn't matter if you mind it or not the point is it detracts from immersion into the character and makes the experience way less enjoyable. could just be my opinion but I have talked to quite a few people on discord and most agree with me unless they are just telling me lies. to me the compensation for the effort is rarely worth the outcome. it's just pointless clicking because the dev couldn't find enough story to tell or make enough renders to relate a story so they made this instead. I'm sure there are sandbox with decent writing or whatever but majoritly I haven't seen it. That's why I have an uncompromising no policy on that stuff. I understand that we all have different things we will tolerate, so kudos to you that you can tolerate it and in some cases probably enjoy it.
Well, as you've said, to each their own. But I won't avoid a sandbox game if I think it looks good and especially not if I'm enjoying playing through it. If a sandbox game gets grindy, that's different. I've docked some games in reviews I've done specifically because of the grind. But sandbox doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad, so I don't care about it. Yes, it's a personal choice, but I won't stop just because some people don't like it. But I do hope the trend of poor writing and little content changes. I also don't like having practically nothing in a game in comparison to the amount of work to progress.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
P.S. it requires full restart of the game. Saves do not work
Dammit. I had to do a complete restart of the game (or things like the computer didn't work) with v0.11 and now I have to restart entirely again. I get this is still a WIP but it'd be nice if the game didn't keep changing in incompatible ways.

Reactions: Breezerr
2.90 star(s) 60 Votes