2.90 star(s) 60 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Afaik it's a "optional" time gated event for day 1... Never got it to trigger either. But from what the dev said on steam, that is the impression I left with. As for the other... Do you still wear clothes you did as a 8 yr old? Why not? Oh, they don't fit do they? Rewrite of code does that to save files... There is a lot more to games than just what you see on the screen.
It's actually why I joked about the remake of the refactor of the yadda yadda. Restarts are necessary as code is redone, and if you're still working at developing your skill as a dev, it's very possible you'll see something you feel the need to include in your game. Often adding that new thing (technology, publicly offered code, etc.) can break what already exists in your game, requiring you to do more reworking of your code. The consequence is the 8-year-old shirt, like you said.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It's actually why I joked about the remake of the refactor of the yadda yadda. Restarts are necessary as code is redone, and if you're still working at developing your skill as a dev, it's very possible you'll see something you feel the need to include in your game. Often adding that new thing (technology, publicly offered code, etc.) can break what already exists in your game, requiring you to do more reworking of your code. The consequence is the 8-year-old shirt, like you said.
Many of these creators is mediocre and novices at best when it come to coding. It's a learning process. Your initial code can be "borrowed", things you picked up by pick apart other people's code to see how it is done, but it doesn't really teach you to be better to copy code. Almost anyone can pick up some newbie guides to renpy and hack together some initial "spaghetti code". But such isn't possible to maintain over time when expanding on the project.

These people that disregard time and effort spent on code, and just moan about lack of new/more contnet. Wonder if they would like to build a house on rotten foundation?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
is there a bugfix for the brain game, because I get an error message when I press start
The bug was probably introduced with this latest release, given the developer's track record. I don't know of a fix for that right now, although someone else might post one if they know better than I.

Helzing

May 18, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/pc/brain_burner/brain_burner_anim_bg.png'>:
File "game/script/PC/pc.rpy", line 166, in script
call screen pc with Dissolve(0.1)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/pc/brain_burner/brain_burner_anim_bg.png'

akiostein

Aug 9, 2021
game legend.. how many more years this game will be completed :( can't wait to download and play it. good game

2.90 star(s) 60 Votes