Aug 9, 2018
Permission issue. You need to give the game folder permission to create saves.
Make sure you placed game folder in location where general changes are allowed to be made to game files. (Application folder)
Cannot save over files from previous version (PC).

Full permissions for the user are present explicitly. Can't create new slots and can't overwrite existing.

Gives the 'error' sound effect on attempt although deletion works fine from within the UI.

Last edited:

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
v9 every time after i finish the first guys to find her i keep getting a black screen that doesnt go away
View attachment 2440190
Share your save game files before the exploration map.

Cannot save over files from previous version (PC).

Full permissions for the user are present explicitly. Can't create new slots and can't overwrite existing.

Gives the 'error' sound effect on attempt although deletion works fine from within the UI.
It is a known issue with RPGM. Don't place the game folder inside the program files/C disk/or avoid hiding the folder as it prevents the game from working properly. Most of these issues are described in "developers notes" of OP. (Permission issues.)

Aug 9, 2018
It is a known issue with RPGM. Don't place the game folder inside the program files/C disk/or avoid hiding the folder as it prevents the game from working properly. Most of these issues are described in "developers notes" of OP. (Permission issues.)
It's an issue that's been introduced with this version.

Every previous version detected pasted saves and allowed them to be overwritten with no changes made to the drive's security settings.

Same drive. Same permissions.

Aqwuaboi

Nov 9, 2018
Screenshot.png
I'm not getting any of the backgrounds appearing after updating. In the unique art scenes that works, but any scene with generic background + character sprites on top is just black.

Redownloaded and set up clean install in case there was an error or something. I also tried that 'make a new game, save it and then replace the files' thing suggested above. How do i fix this?

Attached most recent save.

hagenn

Feb 17, 2019
View attachment 2440299
I'm not getting any of the backgrounds appearing after updating. In the unique art scenes that works, but any scene with generic background + character sprites on top is just black.

Redownloaded and set up clean install in case there was an error or something. I also tried that 'make a new game, save it and then replace the files' thing suggested above. How do i fix this?

i have the same problem.

hagenn

Feb 17, 2019
View attachment 2440299

I Restartet my Pc and that fixt the problem. Duno how tho.

Reactions: fidless

Aqwuaboi

Nov 9, 2018
I restarted my PC and it didn't fix it unfortunately, I also restarted my save and it worked until I got to the Red Petal and then the backgrounds went black again, so I think it's not in the save but instead in the game files for me for some reason. I completely reset my PC about a month back, so I think it might be calling somewhere in the files that no longer exists or something along those lines? I'll see if i can dig something up

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
It's an issue that's been introduced with this version.

Every previous version detected pasted saves and allowed them to be overwritten with no changes made to the drive's security settings.

Same drive. Same permissions.
But are you sure you placed the game folder inside the "application" folder?

View attachment 2440299

It's not the first time I encounter it. The player saying he has a black background, but when I test his save data, it's ok.
I'll check on save data to see any issues when I can.

beautiful game.
only mild chritique: some of the music is more chinese than japanese.
The game isn't based in Japan.
It's a fictional "fantasy" Japan. :WeSmart:
(it's hard to find fitting play track with good variation that combines calm non intrusive bgm)

Last edited:

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Going to re-post this since a new patch hit this game and I admit that I am an attention whore sometimes but this one is for a good cause (Don't worry, I'll only re-post this once every new main patch. I won't bother anyone...except maybe the Dev himself):

#JusticeForBlondeFudeyo

Dear fidless,
I really hope that there is a quest to make her Blonde! I can even propose a Quest:
A Western Barbarian ship landed in Japan where the Brothel is located. One of the passengers is a Western Brothel Owner who has a most beautiful Mistress (head girl of a Brothel) working for him. Of course, the Mistress is Blonde and they offer a challenge to the Protagonist to see who has the best Mistress. Fudeyo, being insulted, accepts the challenge and wins. As a gift, the Mistress is impressed and gives Fudeyo a Blonde Hair Dye, in exchange, Fudeyo does the same and gives her a Black Hair Dye.
If you like my idea for a quest, please take it and apply it! And make Fudeyo's hair changeable as an option after this quest is done.

#JusticeforBlondeFudeyo

Aug 9, 2018
But are you sure you placed the game folder inside the "application" folder?
The save folder was pasted to the 'www' folder as usual and as shown in your screenshots, as it has been every time to this point.

I have a folder I place all game updates in and test them from. That hasn't changed. The permissions haven't changed. The process hasn't changed.

summom

Dec 2, 2018
What a wonderful game!
Design is much better than the original one.
Is there any other recommendable game like this while I can play waiting for the next update?

Reactions: fidless

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
I can fix my saves, but how do I start the missions of the new version?
it started at me after i ended 1 - 3 days automatically
eh that reminds me i´m not sure it´s needed but it started after i put them from rest as orian again

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes