ELDuran2K4

Sep 9, 2022
Can we focus on the management part of the game for as long as we want or are we forced out of it to continue the story?

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
Can we focus on the management part of the game for as long as we want or are we forced out of it to continue the story?
yeah you could if you want

ah sorry i read it right now my bad
you can focus on management even after the story you are not kicked out of the game after you complete 0.8

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Thank you Fidless! Thank you! You brought Fudeyo back... But just out of curiosity why the hair color change?

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
The renders in this game are unbelievable... o_O
How is it even possible to make these renders in HS?! :ROFLMAO:
This game and Eternum make me think that their devs spend 5 hours+ per render or use some kind of witchcraft...

• Haha
Reactions: JohnF95zone
Jul 21, 2020
The renders in this game are unbelievable... o_O
How is it even possible to make these renders in HS?! :ROFLMAO:
This game and Eternum make me think that their devs spend 5 hours+ per render or use some kind of witchcraft...
It seems to be partly thanks to lighting. This one has one cold blueish light from outdoors and one (two?) warm yellowish indoor sources... Fidless puts a lot of work into that. Also, things are pretty dark, as is appropriate to a world before electric lights.

2022-02-02T00-39-55-177Z.png

Reactions: fidless

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
It seems to be partly thanks to lighting. This one has one cold blueish light from outdoors and one (two?) warm yellowish indoor sources... Fidless puts a lot of work into that. Also, things are pretty dark, as is appropriate to a world before electric lights.

View attachment 2399154
Honestly, the poses, the setting of scenes and the stuff in them, occasionally the choice of clothes. Everything is well thought out. And you can tell the dev made almost every aspect of each scene from scratch. Unlike others (me included) who use pre-made maps or scenes and only alter them to fit what they want.

Reactions: fidless

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
#JusticeForBlondeFudeyo

fidless I really hope that there is a quest to make her Blonde! I can even propose a Quest:
A Western Barbarian ship landed in Japan where the Brothel is located. One of the passengers is a Western Brothel Owner who has a most beautiful Mistress (head girl of a Brothel) working for him. Of course, the Mistress is Blonde and they offer a challenge to the Protagonist to see who has the best Mistress. Fudeyo, being insulted, accepts the challenge and wins. As a gift, the Mistress is impressed and gives Fudeyo a Blonde Hair Dye, in exchange, Fudeyo does the same and gives her a Black Hair Dye.
If you like my idea for a quest, please take it and apply it! And make Fudeyo's hair changeable as an option after this quest is done.

#JusticeforBlondeFudeyo

PS: Flynn974 Your game doesn't look too shabby either! I played it... story heavy indeed and pretty models to look at.

Last edited:

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018

View attachment 2399154
I don't care for realism and after many tests found that the blue/orange mix is great for night scenes.
It still allows me to keep the scene well-lighted without erasing details into darkness, and still convey the feeling of the night.
And it looks nice.

1k+.png

The biggest issue I have is how bad shadows are. If a scene is too detailed, shadows break because it's based on an old unity engine. Nothing I can do about it.
It takes a lot of time trying to fix it and it's the thing I hate most. It demotivates me as I try to make a nice scene and things just break when limits are reached. And I can't do anything about it.

Honestly, the poses, the setting of scenes and the stuff in them, occasionally the choice of clothes. Everything is well thought out. And you can tell the dev made almost every aspect of each scene from scratch. Unlike others (me included) who use pre-made maps or scenes and only alter them to fit what they want.
Yup. The majority of scenes are heavily altered with many edited textures. Most of the assets for scenes are brought from 3D shops and imported into the game too. It costs me a lot (thousands $) and lots of time. I wouldn't say I did the smartest thing, but my option was limited if I wanted to recreate a unique fictional japan edo period in my game.

95% of outdoor scenes are made by myself at 12-15fps (too many polygons I guess) using those assets.

View attachment nnPCG4L.mp4

I guess I'll take this opportunity to shamelessly advertise the current update. :)

Hey everyone! Chapter 7 of the story has arrived after all the hard work! We put in a lot of effort on this one, and the plot is filled with action that captures the usual drama of Hana city's scheming and backstabbing.

Those who pay attention to the story should be able to get a good idea of what the future holds for Hana city and what Tomomitsu has planned. But could his ambitions extend beyond just Hana City?

In this chapter, we see the protagonist (or "player") accept his role as guardian of The Red Petal. He has broken away from his solitary attitude and taken fully on the mantle of someone who must protect not just himself, but also those around him.

No more passivity. We'd had enough of that. It's time to take action and take drastic steps forward challenging even the most feared person in Hana city.

This update includes a brand new "Brawler" character with a unique set of abilities, 2 exploration maps with fights, and all the other standard features, as well as character development-focused scenes with an extra dose of lewdness featuring Mei. I hope you'll enjoy this update,

Please keep supporting our work, so we can continue bringing you good content.

Thank you, Have a good day!

-fidless

Wicked Rouge REFINE v0.9.0 changelog
NEW
- New EVENT "Kidnapping. The Red Petal is in trouble!"
- New EVENT "Investigate the room"
- New EVENT "Into Hana's streets"
- New EVENT "Mei and Oshi"
- New EVENT "Saka, Yura and Nakako"
- New EVENT "Umezou questions the guards"
- New EVENT "Patrol the streets with Nekomi. Kiku appears. New leads"
- New EVENT "Toneko seduction"
- New EVENT "In the search of missing oiran with full waifu party"
- New EVENT "Victorious. Search party travels onwards."
- New 2 Explorations maps.
- New EVENT "Most important guest. The Red Petal future on the line."
- New EVENT "Kidnapper harasses oiran"
- New EVENT "Confrontation"
- New EVENT "Saka and Yura attends retainer."
- New EVENT "Quick dash back to home"
- New SEX EVENT "In bed with Mei" (4 unique animations/handjob/blowjob/cowgirl/spooning)
- New EVENT "Afternoon with Kisayo. Preparation for war."
- New EVENT "Retainer leaves. Intrigued and hopeful?"
- New EVENT "Torture. Death."
- New EVENT "White Tiger vs The purple Bitch"
- New EVENT "HER (Great Oiran) reminiscent of the past. Second life."

21-story events. ~18.000 words. ~1+ hour of gameplay.

CHANGES
- New party member "Brawler"
- Changed combat skills and level requirements for all combat characters.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png
extra nsfw
7nsfw.png

Last edited:

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Yup. The majority of scenes are heavily altered with many edited textures. Most of the assets for scenes are brought from 3D shops and imported into the game too. It costs me a lot (thousands $) and lots of time. I wouldn't say I did the smartest thing, but my option was limited if I wanted to recreate a unique fictional japan edo period in my game.
Really? So, is it financially viable to do this or is it that you don't really care that much about profit?

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Really? So, is it financially viable to do this or is it that you don't really care that much about profit?
It's often more cost-effective and time-saving to use existing assets.

Games like "The Mist" which create their own environments and characters via Blender are rare. Such efforts may not get you more views/appreciation, but it’s not always about min-maxing for faster $$$.

It's creative work and creating is fun.

Compromising myself to make money faster with a generic theme/assets that are plenty available to use for free wouldn't be satisfying or inspiring to me.

Last edited:

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
It's extra costs and development time. It's always easier just pick an asset and use it by it's default values.

That's why it's rare to see games like "The Mist" who makes their own environments and characters via blender.

The result may be the same from gamer perspective which may not translate into more views/appreciation, compared to some game using Daz3D default environments and models that requires less time and skill.

I'd say from financial standpoint it's not the smartest thing to do, but it's not always min-maxing that matters.

I enjoy the process of creation, so it's partly a selfish reason why I bothered to pick a theme with so few assets that requires extra work importing stuff and adapting into the engine to make scenes or even clothing.

It's just fun to me and seeing the result is more fulfilling to me.

Just compromising yourself to make games faster for faster $$$ with theme for widest reach is not much different than becoming a wage slave in work you hate.
Yup. That's a fair argument, which I can understand.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
if you mean the Locations and/or City map is in your office
I mean the "regional map", as listed in the "Shadows In The Dark" main quest, in order to lower Tomomitsu's influence and not auto-lose. The game manual depicts the image, however does not list how to get there.

map.jpg

Edit, nevermind, found it, it's listed only in Kisayo's room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rewindp
3.60 star(s) 40 Votes