taler

Oct 5, 2017
The next update is 0.7o with a tentative ETA of late September / early October. 0.7o will focus on Alexis' training and post-training content.
0.8 IS going to be major. 0.8 will focus on changing the foundations of the game.

IF you are going to compare this to College Daze, I have some hard numbers to throw your way.
College Daze has 3600 image files at 1.25 GB. Wife Trainer Files has 22000 at 1.9GB. College Daze has 1547840 words in total - coding included - according to Twine. Wife Trainer Files has 1090768 words of pure dialogue according to the Renpy Studio linter. The Renpy Studio linter does not include coding, it only includes outputted text. If I had to venture a guess, Wife Trainer Files easily contains 500000 of pure code if not a lot more, which would make Wife Trainer Files larger in terms of words.

Wife Trainer Files also offer a lot more diverse content than College Daze (such as fetish content). The content philosophy of Wife Trainer Files is 60/30/10. 60% of the content should be easy for the player to get. 30% of the content should be a challenge to get (Most of the Fetish content). 10% of the content should be hard to get or require the player to very specifically seek it out (Most of the extreme content, such as watersports).

Most games here also do not support modding, while Wife Trainer Files embraces it. There is new optional content you can get for Wife Trainer Files through mods. There will continue to be made more mods.

You have probably only skimmed the surface of Wife Trainer Files and have most likely not explored all the content.
Thanks for the examination and correction over the facts. just took another look at the description and noticed it says 25 chars when I only remember 6 or 7. I guess it was just so repetitive that I thought I saw everything by the time I got bored.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Thanks for the examination and correction over the facts. just took another look at the description and noticed it says 25 chars when I only remember 6 or 7. I guess it was just so repetitive that I thought I saw everything by the time I got bored.
Firstly, what can I say except "You're Welcome"? :whistle:
I am an Official Wife Trainer Files Moderator after all, it is kind of my job to answer questions and make sure everyone has the correct information.

There is 10 Clients in Total, which is where the main amount of content is, probably around 65% to 75%, the rest is with the "minor characters", such as the Rae the Sex Store Clerk and Bree the Bondage Store Clerk, with a huge chunk tied to the club and the characters that uses the club.

Most people have only played the RAGS version of the game, which strictly speaking was only called "Wifetrainer", which only had 9 Clients. I think the total of interactive characters is around 28 or so (despite there being 32 character definitions, though a couple of them have no content).

This port (and continuation) is Wife Trainer Files and have at the very least more than twice the amount, if not more, content than the RAGS version. And I already mentioned the port has mod support, though the mod documentation is still nearly non-existent, but there are mods for the game, both cheat mods and content mods.

Here is a Google Sheets I made, which covers all the possible states characters in the game can get:

Note that Character States is not the same as content. Becky Sue have water sports content, for instance, but that is not a state. A state would be Bimbo, Girlfriend, Whore etc.
Still Character States is a good indication of what you can expect from a character. If she can be Slavegirl, you could expect BDSM content for instance, Showgirls have stripping, Girlfriends have a lot of different content. Puppygirls and Dolls are rather limited in content though, but still worth it in my opinion.

The next update, 0.7o, focuses on Alexis the Personal Assistant (which is technically a SelectaCorp tie-in), both on her training content and her post-training content (which she currently has none of). The update has a tentative ETA of late September / Early October.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Thanks again. Can the mod remove all grind from the game? Like every time I click a button I guarantee see new content and never any repetition, so it works like a VN and not a game?

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Thanks again. Can the mod remove all grind from the game? Like every time I click a button I guarantee see new content and never any repetition, so it works like a VN and not a game?
Sort of. It can give you all the items you need, near infinite energy, all the money you want, the ability to adjust their stats ( including training duration ) at will, change their variables and tags at will, auto training extender. You can also add the tags from the other trainer types, to essentially have all possible options available. So basically it can remove most of the grind, but it is still a game.

Do note that you do not gain the bonuses from the other trainer types this way, only access to their content ( I have made a trainer type mod that fuses all the types together and boosts their bonuses, it's called cheater).

Also you can not possibly see all content in a single playthrough. It will take at the very least 5 to 6 full playthroughs where you get entirely different content each playthrough and that few playthroughs would require that you knew exactly what to do ( even with cheating ). The average player will probably require at least 10 full playthroughs.

I doubt you would ask G28 to remove the grind from College Daze and make it less of a game, so the same applies here.

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
I also prefer VN-style over grinding stats. Nonetheless, I love this game. The thing is, if you use cheats/console codes/replays, you can create an outcome almost exactly to YOUR specifications, in a way no VN ever could (unless you write it yourself). You wanna be dominated? You can make this happen. You wanna be an uber-sadistic bastard? You can make it happen.

Reactions: Semeicardia

taler

Oct 5, 2017
It's nothing against the game, it's just my preference. I know some people like to see numbers go up, I don't, I just want to see actual content. College Daze doesn't have any grind afaik it's just a VN. However I'm using the cheat mod there to go back across multiple options to see all the content in a single playthrough. Been playing that game for 3 months and still not done yet lol.

I also prefer VN-style over grinding stats. Nonetheless, I love this game. The thing is, if you use cheats/console codes/replays, you can create an outcome almost exactly to YOUR specifications, in a way no VN ever could (unless you write it yourself). You wanna be dominated? You can make this happen. You wanna be an uber-sadistic bastard? You can make it happen.
Sounds good, a powerful cheat mod can be a good solution. Though I have played this game to the extent where I felt like I "finished" it though I evidently haven't. It's just not set up very well with route maps and achievements and such that professional VNs have for example.

When 0.8 comes out i'll give this another shot with more focus on using cheats.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
It's nothing against the game, it's just my preference. I know some people like to see numbers go up, I don't, I just want to see actual content. College Daze doesn't have any grind afaik it's just a VN. However I'm using the cheat mod there to go back across multiple options to see all the content in a single playthrough. Been playing that game for 3 months and still not done yet lol.

Sounds good, a powerful cheat mod can be a good solution. Though I have played this game to the extent where I felt like I "finished" it though I evidently haven't. It's just not set up very well with route maps and achievements and such that professional VNs have for example.

When 0.8 comes out i'll give this another shot with more focus on using cheats.
Firstly, the Wife Trainer Files Team makes NO MONEY from the game and is essentially a passion project, so it should not be compared to a professional VN. The Wife Trainer Files Team consists entirely of volunteers. Professional VN's has huge budgets and huge amount of professional staff. So a free game made by people in their spare time should not be compared to a professional VN. The only thing that comes even remotely close to potentially making it semi-professional is MY patreon for my work with the game (working on a wiki-like system, and all the mods I am working on).

Secondly, this game was never designed or meant to be played like a VN. VNs are mostly linear, while Wife Trainer Files is non-linear. Wife Trainer Files is designed to be a game and to be played like a game, not a VN. Since it is not a VN and is non-linear, route maps could technically exist but in a very limited capacity. As for achievements, achievements could be implemented in the game and I will bring that suggestion to the Team.

My mod, Cheatomatic, is the most expansive cheat mod there is, it has all the features I mentioned previously and works together with my player type mod Cheater.

As for College Daze, it very much does have grind. You have Orb xp and Orb levels to grind, not to mention relationship stats for each character. College Daze is VERY much a game, not a VN. If you spent 3 months with College Daze and is not done yet, you could easily spend the same amount of time with Wife Trainer Files and be far from done.

Roughly every 3 to 4 months Wife Trainer Files is updated. As I mentioned the tentative ETA for the next update is late September / early October. The updates are usually fairly substantial, between 30000 and 50000 words of content usually.

As for 0.8, you are probably going to be waiting quite a while. Probably February / March 2022, maybe July / August 2022 if Wife Trainer decides to do another client expansion before 0.8.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Thanks for your good work dude. Just VNs aren't linear... if you look at the route map of the image above it's pretty complicated. This is another example of a very complicated route of a hypnosis story:

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Thanks for your good work dude. Just VNs aren't linear... if you look at the route map of the image above it's pretty complicated. This is another example of a very complicated route of a hypnosis story:
Comparatively they are. I have played a lot of VNs and most of them have been fairly linear, even the ones with many branching paths. Most VNs I have seen has less than 30 final outcomes. It is true that in some VNs there is a lot of branches between those 30ish end points and the start point, but that does not make them any less linear in my opinion. Since there is limited amount of outcomes for the story, making maps and guides / walkthroughs is possible.

For a non-linear game like Wife Trainer Files, which has so many interweaving parts, making a walkthrough or a map is nearly impossible, at least if you want to cover everything. Guides on how to do very specific things could be made, but not a full walkthroughs like you have for most VNs.

If you absolutely had to compare Wife Trainer Files to a VN, it would be one with so many branching and interveawing paths that you would not be able to make sense of the map. Again Wife Trainer Files IS a game and not a VN, it was never designed to be like or be played like a VN. At some point, once I have catalogued all the content, and trust me there is A LOT of content for each character, I might make a map or some kind.

tigerlady360

Dec 17, 2018
How do I go about getting the principal to Dom me. Trying to find all the femdom content, and I think it's the last one. But if someone on the know could list them that would be appreciated.

Givettme

Jul 4, 2018
Please can someone tell me who can train Sam as a Domme. I cannot find anyone who wants to do that. She wants an experienced female Domme to teach her. Thanks for the help

wivers

Jun 4, 2017
Hey.
I've been playing with the cheatomatic mod. I only used it to reset Ivy's sessions to get more session, and to use the unlimited money/energy....
But after her training is done week 5, I did not get calls for new clients (I have 1 pt of reputation).
Is it normal? Do I have to wait some weeks? I don't want to use the cheat too much... (I also did not clik on cheat start , as I saw it gave early access to things like Marilyn content etc).

Edit: I probably should post this on the mod's tread instead, but I'm not sure...

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Hey.
I've been playing with the cheatomatic mod. I only used it to reset Ivy's sessions to get more session, and to use the unlimited money/energy....
But after her training is done week 5, I did not get calls for new clients (I have 1 pt of reputation).
Is it normal? Do I have to wait some weeks? I don't want to use the cheat too much... (I also did not clik on cheat start , as I saw it gave early access to things like Marilyn content etc).

Edit: I probably should post this on the mod's tread instead, but I'm not sure...
Have you tried to wait one week also the mod has nothing to do with that

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Turn out that was the issue... I was literally on friday, sorry about that. I just expected the messages to pop-up the day after I got the rep point, rather than the next week.

thanks for the help.
Happy to help you get the message always the next monday

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Hey.

As Vimey said, it usually triggers the week after.

You are right that the question might have been better suited in my mod's thread :)

Reactions: vimey
Jan 14, 2019
How do you unlock the swinger's room? I have access to the club, but not that room.

Do I have to get one of the wives to be my girlfriend?

4.40 star(s) 67 Votes