Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Like I said. He did something. I don't really know what he did, but he's overdoing things tbh. RAGs isn't really that intelligent. I think he's forcing things.

georgetakei

May 8, 2017
Is anyone else not able to use cheat engine for weeks as it was possible a few versions ago? I am really not willing to put all the effort into the game as to what walkthoughs suggest ... it's not really worth it just for a couple of extra images ..

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Read the last 3-4 pages of the thread, mate. WT has purposely spiked his game to spite cheaters.

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
So, hows the reaction there at hypnopics?? Are users angry with this anti cheat tactics or were they supportive??

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
Supportive or not. I ( even as a modder of his game ) respect his choice to do this. I am working on a game of my own right now and as i go i can imagine people playing the game and what ways they might use to circumvent my plans for the story and i can understand how someone might get upset by that.

zopeda

Jul 13, 2017
t
Supportive or not. I ( even as a modder of his game ) respect his choice to do this. I am working on a game of my own right now and as i go i can imagine people playing the game and what ways they might use to circumvent my plans for the story and i can understand how someone might get upset by that.
This game is insufferable without cheating

mattius77

May 16, 2017
This is a good problem for a game to have, but the issue is each build has a fair amount of content. And no matter how strategic you are in your play through, you simply cannot reveal all of that content in a single play per trait. So it's not three playthroughs, it's more like three or maybe even four per trait. That's asking an awful lot from people.

The simpler Renpy games like Summertime Saga are sort of at that point, too. But the dev builds in a cheat mode for returning players to lessen the dirge. But WT be all 'You will play my game!!' and it's crap and annoying.

woody

Jan 31, 2017
the only cheat i ever use on WT is to set week to -30 to start give loads of time to train & then continue,cheat engine for the win 6.7

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
If you go in and mod any stats - which is really, imo, the purpose of this kind of mod - I get the week-end-you-collect-$0 loop after the first client no matter which one I choose.
Hey I think you may have been somewhat insensitive in your language calling my RAGS engine a mod. it's not just to let you cheat, but it does allow you to cheat.

Just like with the RAGS debugger, if you can figure out whatever puzzle of conditions Wifetrainer has set up, the cheat menu should work just fine. Right now it seems to work if you freeze energy instead of setting it directly to another value, though there's no guarantee that works through the whole game or in any newer versions. You could also freeze any of the cheat tracker values listed earlier in the thread, or just change around the week or day like was just mentioned.
Seriously... I had just registered at HC earlier this week to compliment WT on the game, and like two or three days later he sprays this diarrhea. As I said, it's his game, he can do what he want. But it's one thing to be vocally against modding, and quite another to actively put measures in the game that inhibit that. It's a completely meta level of asshole.
I'm not here to take Wifetrainer's side, because I think he's definitely wrong, but it doesn't help to pile on him here either. He's been pretty consistent on Hypnopics that this is the way he wants to author the game, for whatever reason. I think it's silly because it surely increases the time it takes to develop and test the game, but he seems pretty committed to it.

orcaki

Oct 15, 2016
when i run rags with the game i get unhandled exception has occured in your application and the game dont run

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
That's because you think you own your game experience. It's a common problem in the industry.

You don't own your game experience. Players are going to experience the story in different ways. Many of them will hack your game to get rid of most of it. ESPECIALLY in the adult gaming space, people don't want War and Peace and instead want a vague story that will support their ultimate goal of indulging a fantasy they can masturbate over.

WT is committing the most basic and most widespread of new developer sins - he's attempting to force the community to share his vision for what his game is and how it should be played rather than embracing his community.

I said this to Avenger when he tried, I said it to DarkSilver when he tried it and I'll continue saying it to every single developer who does this - you are not as smart as the community. No one person can be.

What's going to happen is exactly what always happens. He's going to put more anti-cheat or DRM in his game and then people will continue to break it about 15 seconds after release. So they spend 20 hours implementing something that takes 2 hours to break and this will keep happening until he realises the futility of it all then announces that he won't bother building anti-cheat or DRM systems any more. It's by its nature a pointless exercise and instead of fighting to control it, people should go in accepting that this will happen.

ZAdkins

Aug 10, 2017
God... when he started talking about finding a way to have a way for people to play the game the way it's meant, even though he was okay with people cheating, I didn't think he would go this far... Game has become unplayable, and I've been playing it for awhile, this.. has dropped him down the list a few notches.

nashk

Apr 9, 2017
That's because you think you own your game experience. It's a common problem in the industry.

You don't own your game experience. Players are going to experience the story in different ways. Many of them will hack your game to get rid of most of it. ESPECIALLY in the adult gaming space, people don't want War and Peace and instead want a vague story that will support their ultimate goal of indulging a fantasy they can masturbate over.

WT is committing the most basic and most widespread of new developer sins - he's attempting to force the community to share his vision for what his game is and how it should be played rather than embracing his community.

I said this to Avenger when he tried, I said it to DarkSilver when he tried it and I'll continue saying it to every single developer who does this - you are not as smart as the community. No one person can be.

What's going to happen is exactly what always happens. He's going to put more anti-cheat or DRM in his game and then people will continue to break it about 15 seconds after release. So they spend 20 hours implementing something that takes 2 hours to break and this will keep happening until he realises the futility of it all then announces that he won't bother building anti-cheat or DRM systems any more. It's by its nature a pointless exercise and instead of fighting to control it, people should go in accepting that this will happen.
Yeah, no DRM lasts forever. Even mainstream industry DRM with buckets of money and talent thrown at the problem still gets cracked eventually. Denuvo games are now being cracked hours after release, with one notable example being cracked before release!

All this anti cheat means is that I either rely on the kindness of a modder to tell me how to get around the anti-cheat, or I wait until full release (if there ever will be) and hope the game actually has enough content added to be worth playing again, and then still probably look up cheats just because the game can be pretty grindy at times.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
I respectfully disagree, it just requires strategic planning and 3 playthroughs to experience all the content :D
The point that you are missing is that this is not a complete game. This is a game that is still being developed, and the developer doesn't do things step by step. For example, he still adds things to Week 1 and 2 girls even though there are Week 4 girls already.

Which means that you often have to start from scratch. It is not about the game being hard. It is about having to do the same thing over and over to see the new content. "Cheating" allows people who have been playing the game for a while now to not waste time.

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017

Imagine you have built a maze. and its a glorious maze it took you a long time and many hours to build it just right. with trap doors and sliging walls that close if you go down a certain path. now lets say people start climbing the walls of your maze to zip straight to the end? wouldn't you feel a little sad or upset that people are bypassing the point of your maze and want to put a roof on it to prevent people from doing that?

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
The point that you are missing is that this is not a complete game. This is a game that is still being developed, and the developer doesn't do things step by step. For example, he still adds things to Week 1 and 2 girls even though there are Week 4 girls already.

Which means that you often have to start from scratch. It is not about the game being hard. It is about having to do the same thing over and over to see the new content. "Cheating" allows people who have been playing the game for a while now to not waste time.
you have to start from scratch every release regardless of where content is added due to the nature of the engine. thankfully i am glad he adds content to all areas and not just in a linear fashion. if wave 1 was completely polished and he only proceeded in a linear fashion, i would be spending my time moding his skip to later content function rather than adding ways to experience the content you may have missed here and there

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
Since 0.3a, I've been renaming the base game file to 0.3a. It allowed me to use the old save games. I cannot guarantee it won't bork the game or save file(s) in some way, but I played 0.4 version this way (then skipped 0.5). I ended up restarting with 0.6 anyway, but I suspect enough changes were made that trying to use those saves would have failed badly.

ta1842

Jul 9, 2017
How do you get Terri to be a hypnotist assistant? I just noticed that in the release notes

4.40 star(s) 67 Votes