T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
The problem I see with this game is that it's designed in such a way that you don't actually know the positive or negative effects of choices before you make them. All you're really given besides narrative descriptions, many of which are vague, that don't offer you information about the result of the choice. This is paired with large swathes of content being blocked off with even slightly sub-optimal play, and different training routines for each slave.

You need at least 3 playthroughs to even come close to doing decently well, as a result. You need a game guide up with numbers in order to even play it in a meaningful sense, otherwise.

There is also all kinds of content in there that can only be assessed through not sign-posted optimal play. The Barista plotline, for example requires some kind of fore-knowledge of the result of specific questions.

I'd be all for railing against the cheat engine otherwise. No one really *needs* a cheat engine for Summertime Saga. I also think no one would truly need a cheat engine if this game had more worthwhile mechanical challenges. But, this game problem isn't merely that it's difficult. It's problem is that the game is difficult because it constantly throws the players at new situations without giving them the tool to make meaningful choices, and then punishes them for choosing wrong.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
How do you get Terri to be a hypnotist assistant? I just noticed that in the release notes
Iirc I think you just keep attempting to hypno her, despite it never working, then eventually she asks you if you can teach her.

ta1842

Jul 9, 2017
Iirc I think you just keep attempting to hypno her, despite it never working, then eventually she asks you if you can teach her.
Any particular way though? Every time I do it to get the lesbian end, she asks me to stop.

thryllth

Jul 15, 2017
So I had some success using the rags debugger to mod things enough to toss out a fair bit of the grind. The problem I have now is that at some point the amount of energy used by an action increases every time I use that action. This means that I can only have one session per week. Not one session per client per week and one on weekends but one session period and then I get kicked to the next week due to being out of energy. Edits to the amount of energy used by events simply do not work as it drops me into the "0 earned this week" loop after I complete a session. Any suggestions?

Reactions: IntenseWaffle

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Any particular way though? Every time I do it to get the lesbian end, she asks me to stop.
You have to be a hypnotist. Which.......... maybe that's why I don't see her in her room? (My baseline is usually Playboy)

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Imagine you have built a maze. and its a glorious maze it took you a long time and many hours to build it just right. with trap doors and sliging walls that close if you go down a certain path. now lets say people start climbing the walls of your maze to zip straight to the end? wouldn't you feel a little sad or upset that people are bypassing the point of your maze and want to put a roof on it to prevent people from doing that?
No because although I built a maze, it's not my power or within my right to tell others how to enjoy my creation and it will be a futile endeavour no matter what I think.

I'll spend 100 hours building a lovely roof and they'll spend 10 minutes with a hammer rebuilding the holes that allow them to do what they want.

Game developers always have a God complex, it's part of the mindset. You don't control the users of your product. You can't.

GaLaLa05

Thank you.9527
Donor
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is having trouble getting RAGS to run or just hates the Windows RAGS player as much as I do, I've packaged Wife Trainer 0.6c with my JavaScript RAGS engine so you can run it in your web browser:

Hosted:

Downloadable:

I'm not sure it's 100% bug free, but I was able to play through a ton of the previous version with no errors. Let me know if you find any bugs here or
Dude, this version is awesome!! thx!

Reactions: selectivepaperclip

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
No because although I built a maze, it's not my power or within my right to tell others how to enjoy my creation and it will be a futile endeavour no matter what I think.

I'll spend 100 hours building a lovely roof and they'll spend 10 minutes with a hammer rebuilding the holes that allow them to do what they want.

Game developers always have a God complex, it's part of the mindset. You don't control the users of your product. You can't.
but you can at least understand why someone would want to, can't you?

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Can someone explain a few paths to me.

The banker elite status how do i trigger something more than BJ? I understand I can't take the Pen otherwise that closes it off, it then appears there is a timer related to how long ago I asked for a BJ. If that is the case how long is the timer?

Sam the barista - How does this path work? I've got to the question where you ask about personal services or retail. If I go down the retail route its asks about being an avon lady. How does this work out? The personal route leads to me a page with no options other than cancel. I think I've spoke to most people about Sam but nothing triggers

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
The problem I have now is that at some point the amount of energy used by an action increases every time I use that action. This means that I can only have one session per week. Edits to the amount of energy used by events simply do not work as it drops me into the "0 earned this week" loop after I complete a session. Any suggestions?
There are 2 variables you need to check

Energy - the amount of energy you see in the energy box - Set to 100 ( it sounds like you have found this)
Energy use Long - This is a negative value and for some reason seems to increase. I had the same problem as you and the value was set -140. Set it back to -10 and this should resolve your issue. I set it -1 at one point but my game broke. Might not have been this that broke it, but don't set it too low just in case.

FYI: if you double click the 'name' box at the top of the debug screen it will put all the variables in alphabetical order. Took me far too long to realise this ;). This will mean all the energy related variables are shown next to each other.

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
Can someone explain a few paths to me.

The banker elite status how do i trigger something more than BJ?
As long as the bank is open, you cannot.

Sam the barista - How does this path work? I've got to the question where you ask about personal services or retail. If I go down the retail route its asks about being an avon lady. How does this work out? The personal route leads to me a page with no options other than cancel. I think I've spoke to most people about Sam but nothing triggers
I'm guessing you never spoke to her about her sex life and learned that, despite being a lesbian, she's had some straight sex encounters. I think you need to ask her on a date, after breaking up with her GF, to open those options. After talking to her about her sex life, the personal services route should have a sex services sub-choice which can eventually lead to her being used as a whore.

If you already completed the whore route (btw, I suggest stopping after 2), talking to her again and going personal services should lead to the club president and his wife, if you've completed all the Gloria training options.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Hmm the firs time I chose the elite path with the banker there were more options including asking for a pen! - it was service with a smile, or something more personal. They both appear to go down the BJ route anyway. How do I get to sex in the office? I presume the office closes down after the foreclosure trigger

I've defo spoken about her sex life, maybe I need to ask again.

Last edited:

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Putting obstacles in a single player game geez...
The problem isn't that there are obstacles. The problem is that the obstacles are poorly designed.

Again, it's a game that doesn't give the player any mechanical information about their choices before they make them, and punishes the player with swathes of lost content for even marginally sub-optimal play.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
It's all back to the fact that the dev has a serious hate hardon for cheaters and modders. So he's doing anything and everything he can to make things challenging for them...including forcing RAGs to do shit it isn't really meant to do

Reactions: selectivepaperclip
4.40 star(s) 67 Votes