Apice

Nov 23, 2019
it's difficult to develop a good game when the dynamics and quests are only now being implemented. The problem is that anyone who starts playing already comes from 6 years of animations they know. the sexual aspect is no longer a surprise. I believe we should have done the opposite. First a solid game mechanic and a compelling storytelling and only then the addition of animations and characters. In any case, I congratulate the entire team for their commitment and first-rate result.
No way, people would have complained saying "no sex?" and their Patreon would have had a fraction of the subs it has had, stunting development

Oct 22, 2018
This is one of the slowest developed game ever. I had my suspicion but it honestly confirms it and seems like they are just milking $. This game has been in development for like 5+ years now from what I remember.
Yes, it is really slow. Most games of this genre are developed slowly. For people, $1-10 a month is not that much. That is why their number of subscribers does not decrease.

Oct 22, 2018
is this game enjoyable if I am interested in Story/Quest/Progression? or still just sandbox H-Viewer?
No. You'll have to wait.
In the old version of the game, when there was still an old map, they developed animations, the world and quests at the same time. After updating the entire map, the game is developing as it is now. Work on quests and filling the world has been done recently.

So much sandbox content is made because people like it and it brings in money. Part of their audience does not care about the plot.

Last edited:

docc2009

Mar 21, 2020
After testing my main issue is a OS and software issue it seems since i tried the game both on windows and linux, same settings and resolution and as it seems the linux version is more blurry than the windows one.
Im running it on bottles with all compatibilities like dxvk and vkd3d proton latest version but the result is the same. I have tried all options and nothing so far has improved the quality on linux, if anyone knows the solution make sure to share. View attachment 3898110 linux

View attachment 3898112 windows
I have the same problem on Windows, God knows what it is, it was fine before but now everything is so blurry ((( although other games are fine

meatslinger

Feb 26, 2022
did they add optimization to this game?
Optimization isn't just some sort of a feature that's "added" like a module; it's a process of going over the entire resource tree of the game and trimming things wherever possible. This means things like identifying duplicated function calls, reducing texture maps for small objects or LOD items, simplifying NPC behavior, etc. As such, optimizing can't really be done while something is still in an incomplete state because future resource needs cannot yet be anticipated.

So in short, no. If/when that happens, it would occur far later in the development process. For now the game's system requirements are still fairly high.

SerpentWave

Aug 1, 2017
It seems this version creates a fake sort of camera collision with scenes created, when in VR mode.
Tested this versus the previous build, to verify.

Fred009

Dec 31, 2017
I'll make my bold prediction here right now... full WildLife's official release will happen within the next 16 months from now, most likely Jan 2026. Period.
You can mark my word [and bury me down then].
I think you are delusi- *ahem* sorry, sorry my mask fell off lemme just...

HUUUUUUUUUUFFFF
1724023890615.png

For sure for sure man. I'm in the camp that says your prediction is negative nancy inspired. I'm expecting 2025 around the 1st of april. Adeptus steve and the team never let us down they are good developers! Not to brag but im an eccentric tier patreon (yeah that's right $110 a month, again i don't mean to brag here just stating facts) and i've got inside information I can't share here. All i can say is but it coukld be even earlier say February 29th of next year maybe, crazy but that's word on the "paypig louge" exclusive discord channel (you wouldn't know cause you have to be eccentric like me and the others.... we can even drop the adeptus title and just calle him steve not joking).

Edit: Since i feel bad cause not everyone can be eccentric I will let you all in on a secret for the next year a big surprise is coming you won't beleive it. It's only going to be max scenes I know i know it left me flabbergasted too, i could get in trouble for leaking this so dont tell please. My friend steve also told me that the benches are getting textures finally it was hardest task yet apparently srsly they work so hard for us.

namchok143

Oct 5, 2022
To download the latest version, I need to download UE4 or UE5.
The game file is large. Is there a download helper?
Thank you in advance.

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
it is honestly impressive that this game has been funded for so long, has earned so much pure profit, and has indeed created many, many, many leading quality sex animations, and yet there is literally fucking nothing to do in the "game".

with the assets created, there could be SO many games created from the animations and lore etc etc etc.

guys just hire an actual game dev.
we get it - you can make quality sex animations - great.
im thankful i stopped funding these guys a few years ago.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
it is honestly impressive that this game has been funded for so long, has earned so much pure profit, and has indeed created many, many, many leading quality sex animations, and yet there is literally fucking nothing to do in the "game".

with the assets created, there could be SO many games created from the animations and lore etc etc etc.

On it.

New black stockings?
Yes, for Denna and Koodie
HighresScreenshot_2024.08.19-10.12.56.png

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022

What is a gamedev exactly? Do you have any info about how many aspect the average good game have?
I can write a story about a characters in a few days, then a week or two of polishing to remove some loose ends. But if devs came and say "hey, write smth hot bout max adventures" - I have to rewiev ALL the content they have and ask many questions - just to fit a simple 5 page story into the game world. And then check animations - for what can I use, and then consult animators, if there will be something new regarding Max. And it is JUST the text.
I've read some gamedesign books including shell's gamedesign and have some experience, but if devs ask to review project from the overall design point of view, I'll have to read existing story, lore, ask dozens if not hundreds of questions taking excessing notes, play through all the content dozens of times and only then I'll gain some background just to DISCUSS my vision opf the project.
And I'm not even talking about coding - it ts hard and often painful to read a code not written by you and to understand it. And it takes A LOT of time to understand it and to improve it.

From what I can see - yes, gameplay is almost absent for now and story is full of holes, but they add a new animations(coz everyone always want something new to fa... admire) on a regular basis. On the other hand we have a huge pack of shitmakers who milk their patrons for years with zero content. So for now I have my faith in Wild Life. (But not in 2025 release - too much to add and polish)

Last edited:

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
What is a gamedev exactly? Do you have any info about how many aspect the average good game have?
I can write a story about a characters in a few days, then a week or two of polishing to remove some loose ends. But if devs came and say "hey, write smth hot bout max adventures" - I have to rewiev ALL the content they have and ask many questions - just to fit a simple 5 page story into the game world. And then check animations - for what can I use, and then consult animators, if there will be something new regarding Max. And it is JUST the text.
I've read some gamedesign books including shell's gamedesign and have some experience, but if devs ask to review project from the overall design point of view, I'll have to read existing story, lore, ask dozens if not hundreds of questions taking excessing notes, play through all the content dozens of times and only then I'll gain some background just to DISCUSS my vision opf the project.
And I'm not even talking about coding - it ts hard and often painful to read a code not written by you and to understand it. And it takes A LOT of time to understand it and to improve it.

From what I can see - yes, gameplay is almost absent for now and story is full of holes, but they add a new animations(coz everyone always want something new to fa... admire) on a regular basis. On the other hand we have a huge pack of shitmakers who milk their patrons for years with zero content. So for now I have my faith in Wild Life. (But not in 2025 release - too much to add and polish)
ok :)

Fred009

Dec 31, 2017

True true, you know I swear you type like we do in the pay pig lounge on discord are yo uan eccentric tier patreon too? I know steve personally (Yes i can call him steve cause high tier patereon and all that lol) and he told me he's the best game dev so i believe him. Everyone on here is just haters there's a reason they wont say it our faces on discoird!

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
True true, you know I swear you type like we do in the pay pig lounge on discord are yo uan eccentric tier patreon too? I know steve personally (Yes i can call him steve cause high tier patereon and all that lol) and he told me he's the best game dev so i believe him. Everyone on here is just haters there's a reason they wont say it our faces on discoird!
invites to the discord are disabled.
Don't be a bitch.

• Haha
Reactions: WizardsTariff

blam12

Jan 31, 2022
Most smaller UE5 games are really poorly optimized and use tons of vram, well the engine isn't that easy to run in the first place and optimization isn't the focus most of the time so that doesn't help performance either

3.80 star(s) 177 Votes