Kryapa

Jun 9, 2019
Hows the Performance on the Combat Range and the Jungle Blockout and then Moving on to the Wild-Life Map ?

Which resolution ?

Also don't forget to disable the Volumetrics, Depth of Field and Motion Blur it should give you some good additional boost

Also try to change the Hair
Sadly, only Showroom is playable, everything else is 10 FPS at best. Lowest possible resolution and lowest possible settings Anyway I think . dxvk is kinda sucks for UE4 games. I had no problems playing Wild Life on the same PC under Windows year ago.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yes dxvk for Unreal is not optimal to much Compute in the back and it often gets problems the more complex the streaming gets, though the current Unreal 4 native Vulkan is also not really optimal but the Unreal 5.0 Vulkan is much better at least it reaches DX11 now and might even surpass it the current Unreal 4 Vulkan has no chance against Nvidias DX11 optimizations :)

i meassured upto 20 FPS loss depending on the Scene complexity

I think it time to see if the drivers after 460.79 brought a measurable improvement for Wild-Life and or it's stability and if the Generic Improvements of Medium, Nioh2 also impact it :)

Pretty happy with the overall Streaming stability of the Wild Life Map without all the measuring it would be even more stable :)

Last edited:

WildKayoti045

Jun 17, 2021
Hey guys, if you're playing this game on Linux, could you share your tricks to fix performance issue. My setup if far from top ones but still should run UE4 smoothly, at least on medium settings: Rysen 3, GTX1050 (proprietary driver), 24 GB RAM, Fedora 34. I run the game under Lutris with dxvk installed. Even on low settings FPS is smth around 8 and the input lag is horrendous.
That seems normal for this game, it lags even on windows.
Though when I ran this on POP OS wine it performed worse (might be some mistake on my side - I'm a total noob in linux gaming)
Then
I tried Garuda Linux gaming edition (Wine and DXVK were preinstalled) and game worked really well out of the box(but it still lags in village)

Last edited:
Reactions: Krosos

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Nice to see it tackling that complexity by now :)
Lot of progress hardly ever saw something progressing so fast Wrapping DX11 with this Performance

Vulkan owns them ALL

These sudden wave spikes in the Frametimes sometimes are strange Map restart and they are gone it's definitely some stability issue and i suspect the sync i will get rid of Nvidias Limiter and use Unreals Internal and test that for a while , these spikes aren't the same issue as the "Skin Tab" problem.
Though definitely Nvidias Limiter forces the Frametime continuity better it can draw a absulte flat line most of the times, while Unreals Internally jumps like crazy from the start.

PS: Each spike there in Fisher Village is a Data Load CPU/SATA SSD (I/O) short freeze, some have fewer impact (not recognizable) some massive.

That's a bit more Data Density than Skyrim for a 4 Core Grandpa not easy to swallow ;)

Ok let's fly a straight line down to those trees and see how the System does it :)

Overall it is not really a disaster not nice when you hit a load spike and it's freeze but if you see the age of the CPU and DX11 it's in some way playable, though surely outside of any Console acceptance ;)

Though getting rid of the measuring and some more overhead (Firefox) maybe it will even run stable (dreams) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WildKayoti045

Virgile85

Jan 21, 2020
Damn great game
One problem for me.i don't know how to give people what I want from inventory.
Some people want white ribbon or the girl indore want shell for necklace. I have one shell but how to give it to her???

Dogless

Aug 17, 2017
Damn great game
One problem for me.i don't know how to give people what I want from inventory.
Some people want white ribbon or the girl indore want shell for necklace. I have one shell but how to give it to her???

You need talk to them again after sex for ribbon. As to shell, you need 3 of them and you need to talk her over and over. The shells are all near each other.

09S23

Jun 2, 2018
This is interesting now it seems Nvidias Frame Limiter is failing after the Particle Fire Effect to override Unreals ;)
It almost looks like they fighting over the Sync Priority ;)

It's partly breaking through the barrier, so close in front of it.

How to get the quality this high? I feel like no matter what quality settings I set, the quality look really low, especially texture for some characters...
My rig: i3 10105F , 1660 Super 6GB driver version 471.41 , 16G RAM, Windows 10 Pro

Zeppole

Oct 11, 2017
Is it possible to get more than 3 out of 5 in the fisher village? Seems like you can get somewhere with the hunter lady and the chief woman, but no clue on how to do it(if it's even a thing).

Dogless

Aug 17, 2017
Is it possible to get more than 3 out of 5 in the fisher village? Seems like you can get somewhere with the hunter lady and the chief woman, but no clue on how to do it(if it's even a thing).

You can get all five. Indra you need 3 shells. The hunter, you need the bow which is leaning on the ritual stones. Then go hunt with her after equipping the bow.

Reactions: Zeppole

Slick Silk

Jun 24, 2018
Does anybody know why my game is crashing almost instantly on start up? I start it up, get to the first menu and before I can press OK it just crashes without any error. The weird thing is that it worked absolutely fine a few days ago.
Just ran DDU and updated to the newest graphics drivers. Ran Windows Update as well. I'm on Windows 10, OS build 19043.1110.
I thought my game files may be corrupted so I re-downloaded the game and unpacked it again, but it still crashes. I use Windows Defender and have added the game directory to exceptions as well.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: After restarting my PC I now started getting an error message saying: "The UE4- WildlifeC Game has crashed and will close".

Last edited:

MangaMaster

Apr 5, 2020
Tried to mimic scenery a bit like in the post you made earlier here, and it runs quite nice as long as there's not too many trees and other objects, so this map works a bit better than the fisher village.

Resolution is at 3200x1600 with Epic on all settings with volumetrics enabled, but Blur and DoF is disabled.

SteamVR keeps starting every time I open it up for some reason so it's impossible to open it in Fullscreen without it messing with scaling (running 200% in Windows).

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hey guys.is there any mission or fights???except the demo???
nope, absolutely nothing. All you can do is fuck.
Or I guess you could fight feral whatevers in the sandbox if that's your thing, you can find them in the forest next to the kerpali village. That forest that has water running thru it.

3.80 star(s) 179 Votes