09S23

Jun 2, 2018
What do you mean quality? The game is already like that :unsure:
I think he's like me, meaning the character's details upclose and the picture quality overall. I don't know how to describe it, always seem like his screenshots/in-game are way better/higher quality than mine...

killing1231

Jun 10, 2021
make sure that in the graphics settings you are set to the highest level, and especially you have 4k resolution, it will be like that guy :unsure:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
make sure that in the graphics settings you are set to the highest level, and especially you have 4k resolution, it will be like that guy :unsure:
Not quiet but close enough, it is not native 4K (UHD) non of my results.

Last edited:

SidTheInsane

May 27, 2018
Tried to mimic scenery a bit like in the post you made earlier here, and it runs quite nice as long as there's not too many trees and other objects, so this map works a bit better than the fisher village.

Resolution is at 3200x1600 with Epic on all settings with volumetrics enabled, but Blur and DoF is disabled.

SteamVR keeps starting every time I open it up for some reason so it's impossible to open it in Fullscreen without it messing with scaling (running 200% in Windows).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Do I understand correctly that you have a problem with it? If so, start the game "-nohmd" command line parameter to prevent that.

Reactions: MangaMaster

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018

Would be much better to have a full functioning coherent Photo Mode implementation, it's very easy todo, just some basic Blueprinting and you can have a set of full Photographer Goodness and manipulate the Camera/Lens/Post like there is no Tomorrow from 1 easy interface (see Cyberpunk 2077 as good example).

Iljah Asian Sumo Wrestler or the Arab Genie out of the Bottle very nice Design, one of my favorites also in terms of his entire detail complexity up to the textures hes pretty awesome in detail Sculpt work :D

Last edited:

Vodka10K

Jun 26, 2021
Too bad that here in Brazil only the rich can play this wonderful game that is to come. A decent PC that runs WildLife here costs over 10k. At least I can see the Screens! I think it's the closest I'll get to this game. :cry:
10K R$? Or it's in USD?

Vodka10K

Jun 26, 2021
real, 10k reals comes out to about $2k USD.

the real is pretty much worthless at this point in time. ($0.19 per 1 real)
I remember there were outrageously huge importing taxes in Brazil for any foreign-manufactured electronics, so I thought that is the case.

I totally understand you, guys - here in Russia we have almost same prices and average salaries in our small towns (20-50K people). :)

• Sad
Reactions: Danlorn

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Above could run on a PS4 PRO (would need a lot more optimization)/Xbox Series S (much better start)

you don't need a 2K investment for this, you would loose 60 FPS for sure but it could run, and partly even better how i fight with it on my system under DX11, Final Fantasy 15 is very sane as a overall compare point here (though Square Enix Engine Team still solves several problems much smarter) ;)
But my fight is bloody having no real direct asset optimization possibilities i only can have semi efficient results and hardly per Scene stable but it gives me a good overview what is doable to get the last bit of Performance out of it and doing it without all the internal engine measuring and analyze capabilities ;)

Parts of the Scene complexity are really on the Edge of Destroying Nvidia DX11 + the NPC AI CPU Load gives it the rest (which isn't as entirely smart solved as in Skyrim,Final Fantasy 15 or Metal Gear Solid 5 yet , no matter where the NPCs are they will overhead the overall simulation all the time, so based on the amount of active NPCs it's draining CPU resources from the GPU Part, constantly)

For Epic and Fortnite that never was a optimization Goal, they don't really care about NPCs taking resources ;)

PS: I have no idea yet why but the ground texture is one of the hardest things to get stable

What the Hell is this extreme black at both feet on the pantyhose ?
What is causing this Shadow ?

Last edited:

VengefulKron

Aug 17, 2018
Hopefully now that the DLSS SDK has been made public and available to all developers, AdeptusSteve will implement it in this game. It'd help with the horrid performance in the fisher village.

(Assuming their optimization issues don't run so deep that a lower resolution would make no difference.)

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It's nice for Nvidia users but it would make more sense moving to TSR UE5 though moving to Nanite is still a thing you should think very carefully about, especially if the overall performance boost on UE5 without Nanite should be already significant enough perhaps though Nanite can be optimized and stripped down enough for older Systems but i doubt it.

Im pretty sure even if you balance out this UE4 efficiently you would reach overall more user Systems than with Nanite.

UE5 + Vulkan + Default Virtual Path

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Hopefully now that the DLSS SDK has been made public and available to all developers, AdeptusSteve will implement it in this game. It'd help with the horrid performance in the fisher village.

(Assuming their optimization issues don't run so deep that a lower resolution would make no difference.)
Btw in the real complex scenes you don't save a lot from Upsampling at all look for example on RDR2

Most win through it comes in the low complexity parts

i currently win in that scene with Frank on the table roughly +8 Frames with UE4 Gen4 and i wonder if it's worth it compared to the native result which runs slightly slower but still above 30, actually sometimes it's even hard to measure any effect at all when the CPU is cycled to death.

And yeah Wild-Life is already very CPU Demanding i really wonder how this gonna endup with Nanite most of the Work is distributed to the CPU Cores as the Decompression is done entirely on them and the PC has no special IP for decompressing OODLE like the PS5 which 8 cores get heavily taken pressure of with the Special Decoding IP only responsible to take that pressure of the CPU.

It looks like so far as if it saves them 4 COREs utilized efficiently.

Nanite is really pain on my old 4 Cores in the TechDemo compared to Wild-Lifes smaller problems ;)

Im feeling the full heat of that CPU pressure currently.
Heck the CPU can even do 4K H265 at reasonable bitrate on the full 4 cores but the Streaming pressure is really slowly starting to kill it, especially on DX11.
We are slowly ending up to need 2 new cores 4 old cores for the Streaming thread alone :)

Sonys decisions don't really surprise anymore, move every pressure to cheap hardware from the GPU/CPU Cost.

Slowly we really see the Balance to the CPU shifting without 6 cores it becomes more painful every day, overall it is a good sign finally to have reached this state in Multithreading and with low Level APIs becoming more and more dominant.

But Native overall in Wild-Life is not perfect at all because lot of textures are munched down and suboptimal or unreals stream decision crunches them it's a pain to balance this.
At least externally working with someones assets from the outside.

You can analyze the Latency impact so nicely running towards Fisher Village and you drop down to 30 FPS and then running opposite and FPS Jumps up to 60 in sea direction man that animation smoothness difference becomes immediately recognizable.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 179 Votes