GEr01

Jan 29, 2022
Exactly what I was thinking. Some of the sandbox creators don't think about optimization at all, which is ironically what we complain about with many game developers. At least a warning notice would be nice.
What I have found is the normal building blocks doesn't consume your PC much at all. Issue is when you use a ton of characters or/and lights. I've map where I have over 4k objects. If I delete all the characters in the map I get stable 144 fps with occasional drop to 120 fps if I turn fast. I doubt his project runs badly at all especially with limited amounts of characters.

HueofColor

Apr 16, 2020
"Long requested sandbox features." I seriously can't think of anything more requested than KralxMaya scenes. This time not a single one. (Instead more lijah. Yay...)

FeltTheNeed

Nov 22, 2021
What I have found is the normal building blocks doesn't consume your PC much at all. Issue is when you use a ton of characters or/and lights. I've map where I have over 4k objects. If I delete all the characters in the map I get stable 144 fps with occasional drop to 120 fps if I turn fast. I doubt his project runs badly at all especially with limited amounts of characters.
Performed a non-scientific 75000+ object stress test against an empty showroom with 100 Maya x Max actor animation objects.

ihatefleas

Dec 18, 2018
"Long requested sandbox features." I seriously can't think of anything more requested than KralxMaya scenes. This time not a single one. (Instead more lijah. Yay...)
Yeah, even though they have new Rawn models (The hyena dude I presume) there's only a single animation new for him with Maya. Shit sucks, it's been months without any new content in the Kral x Maya regard. The priorities seem a bit whack, why not expand on animations for models that are lacking them? Minotaur has a lot of group scenes, Kral only has 1(!) with Maya and Rawn has zilch. I don't get it.

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
The priorities seem a bit whack. Minotaur has a lot of group scenes, Kral only has 1(!) with Maya and Rawn has zilch. I don't get it.
It's quite simple actually, new content is heavily influenced by patrons who donate. More money you donate, more influence you have towards future updates. It's a fair system imo. Interesting to see that people actually paid a lot to see more futa and iljah, wonder where that comes from.

ihatefleas

Dec 18, 2018
It's quite simple actually, new content is heavily influenced by patrons who donate. More money you donate, more influence you have towards future updates. It's a fair system imo. Interesting to see that people actually paid a lot to see more futa and iljah, wonder where that comes from.
I think Ilijah is one of Adeptus Steve's pet projects, he admitted that much. Also, yeah, Patreons should obviously influence to some extent what gets added next but the devs should also not neglect the other parts. I'm biased here, of course, but still. You can't deny the fact that Kral especially has had a massive content drought that's lasted for several updates now. I think it's been almost a year at this point.

exter

May 29, 2017
I've never seen a poll post on their patreon about what kind of stuff they should do/animate next though? I think they just do what ever they are in the mood for and what reasons they have, for focusing or neglecting on something, is something they decide.
However, i dont know if it is different in their discord and if they do polls there, or if some people spend a lot of money on it and then ask for stuff in private messages.

FeltTheNeed

Nov 22, 2021
That's not true IMO, take WildLife Yakman for example who is a presumably long standing $50 USD Investor rank patron who no doubt would love more homosexual focused animations made especially between Max and Kral and other male characters.

If what you said what true then he wouldn't have to do the following:
Untitled.jpg
The hide character feature seems like it will greatly benefit us all, I'm excited.
Steve already
stated he makes animations based on what he feels like making, not what people throw money at and demand.

Untitled 2.jpg

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
Its a mix of all. Its definitely a lot more productive to follow ones own inspiration from time to time. We do certainly take in feedback from the community and try our best to work in suggestions and requests. We do have a very big community however and are only 2 animators: svenni and me, myself not even animating fulltime, so there is only so much we can do in addition to all the other tasks.
If any of you has any ideas of what they would like to see done Id be happy to take that into consideration. I see two people here complaining about the lack of Maya Kral content. Anything specific you had in mind? Throw me some ideas and Ill see how to best incorporate them into the feedback from discord and patreon and our personal ideas.

Syko.169

Nov 7, 2021
Its a mix of all. Its definitely a lot more productive to follow ones own inspiration from time to time. We do certainly take in feedback from the community and try our best to work in suggestions and requests. We do have a very big community however and are only 2 animators: svenni and me, myself not even animating fulltime, so there is only so much we can do in addition to all the other tasks.
If any of you has any ideas of what they would like to see done Id be happy to take that into consideration. I see two people here complaining about the lack of Maya Kral content. Anything specific you had in mind? Throw me some ideas and Ill see how to best incorporate them into the feedback from discord and patreon and our personal ideas.
maya x kral : a doggy posed minigame, but here is the trick they re reversed, ill try make the animation idea and post it

3.80 star(s) 179 Votes