Sep 12, 2020
Okay I'm confused... This game has been worked on for ~4 years yet there's not a single finished area on the map? The UE4 version at least had something, but UE5 has had the same unfinished "alpha camp" starting area since it released. I understand focusing on the overall game as a whole instead of finishing small areas one at a time, but if you're not super interested in spending hours on sandbox it feels like theres nothing here. Even if you do play just for sandbox you have to finish the map yourself to really do anything.

I really want to like this game so did I miss something, or is the dev just milking patreon?

rasaani

Jun 14, 2017
Okay I'm confused... This game has been worked on for ~4 years yet there's not a single finished area on the map? The UE4 version at least had something, but UE5 has had the same unfinished "alpha camp" starting area since it released. I understand focusing on the overall game as a whole instead of finishing small areas one at a time, but if you're not super interested in spending hours on sandbox it feels like theres nothing here. Even if you do play just for sandbox you have to finish the map yourself to really do anything.

I really want to like this game so did I miss something, or is the dev just milking patreon?
I came here to ask the same. Game has been in development for like 6 to 7 years now. Is it anywhere close to release yet? I´m very hesitant to support those forever projects on patreon.

Dark_Templar

Aug 16, 2017
I came here to ask the same. Game has been in development for like 6 to 7 years now. Is it anywhere close to release yet?
Simple answer is no, not even close.

I´m very hesitant to support those forever projects on patreon.
As am I, we have seen many devs/teams do this to milk the cow so to speak, there is definitely incentive to do so as these guys are making quite a large monthly amount and of course all of that goes away once you release the game, sure you can still charge the one off fee for the game but in a niche market that constant monthly income seems much more desirable hence the milking.

Reactions: vallies and Janzani

JRGrass1414

Nov 27, 2020
Was able to merge 1k cubes into 1 custom asset, even though it didn't really improve the game's performance.
When attempting to mesh merge 20 1k cubes custom assets into 1 my PC gave up and crashed. I did get an over 150MB obj however.
But that's just sad. Not only it didn't help with overall performance, it actually made it harder for sandbox to run. All I wanted was an unlimited pile of cubes for Christmas, but now I can't even get to 100k, 20k is my max now.
My beloved cubes... I'm so sorry... It was not meant to be.... :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: AdeptusSteve
Sep 12, 2020
Simple answer is no, not even close.

As am I, we have seen many devs/teams do this to milk the cow so to speak, there is definitely incentive to do so as these guys are making quite a large monthly amount and of course all of that goes away once you release the game, sure you can still charge the one off fee for the game but in a niche market that constant monthly income seems much more desirable hence the milking.
That seems to be every patreon funded game here :/ to me though it seems as though there'd be more money in just finishing the game and then starting work on a new one. This isn't exactly a crowded market so people don't even have to want your game, just something kinda close to what they want I.E., you can release basically anything thats not terrible (or is terrible) and it'll get a backing/sell. People also have a lot more faith backing a project that has previously completed releases, thus more backers and more money. The only possibility to not do it I can think of is just laziness combined with short sightedness and complacency.

Reactions: Belphegor007
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes