lightgauge

Oct 20, 2018
Is anyone having issues with playing this? For whatever reason when I press "I" the game instantly freezes and the only thing I can do is move my cursor and ctrl alt del to restart. I can't remember if I had the same exact issue or on a different action since the last 2 updates.

SweN1997

Jun 26, 2018
Is anyone having issues with playing this? For whatever reason when I press "I" the game instantly freezes and the only thing I can do is move my cursor and ctrl alt del to restart. I can't remember if I had the same exact issue or on a different action since the last 2 updates.
I have the same issue.

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
If I remember correctly, I think 0 is the hotkey to activate VR mode. Could be that it's trying to switch to a headset or at least trying to start the renderer in that mode and can't continue. I'd check in the keybinds to see if that's still the case (I'm at work so I can't check myself) and unmap it if you don't have VR. Alternatively, make a shortcut to the game and add a -nohmd argument to the shortcut target to always start the game with VR disabled.

As for the trailing visual effects, that might be the result of a “sweetening” feature on your graphics card; something like NVIDIA frame generation or DLSS trying to create extra frames or smoothing the ones being rendered. I’ve had weird “ghost” effects in some games from NVIDIA’s FG tech, especially if I leave my view lingering on something too long and the AI thing “learns” that it should keep generating something in that space. You could try disabling some of those features to see if the issue goes away. Apart from that, try reinstalling video drivers.
Yes it was for some reason someone binding 0 for VR. terrible lol.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
I have the same issue.
From what we know its an incompatibility with a DX12 feature.
Try running the game with DirectX11 like so:
  1. Create a separate shortcut of the .exe
  2. Right click the shortcut and select "properties"
  3. Type -dx11 at the end of the target field (with a space to separate it from the rest of the text in that field)
  4. Play the game through the shortcut
We will look further into it and hopefully have it fixed for the next version.

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
I don't think I had that one and I've got DirectX 12 installed. Might not happen to everyone. The Devs will have all the answers, I guess.

krotgovnorot

Aug 20, 2018
Came back to it after years and sandbox is just an empty terrain with no props.
New game map is just a bunch of grey structures with no textures and there are no grass even.
Is this normal? Something broke or is it supposed to be like that now?

Reactions: hj56h4j6j45

meatslinger

Feb 26, 2022
New game map is just a bunch of grey structures with no textures and there are no grass even.
Is this normal? Something broke or is it supposed to be like that now?
The new map is still in early development, and the old one’s props got cleared when they moved from UE4 to UE5. I agree it’s sad the old map is stripped out like that; I quite liked it. Best option for now is to import custom sandbox maps instead, since the official main ones aren’t terribly detailed.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Is this normal?
For a game that has been in development for 7+ years it is not normal at all but you can see some people in this thread argue it is perfectly normal.

this game will never be finished. everytime there is a hint of a playable game, the devs throw everything overboard and start something completely new...
Who in their right mind finishes a patreon game? What is the point? Why would anyone stop flow of the money from patreon by finishing their game?

LodazZ

Nov 13, 2021
This could be due to a driver missing or misbehaving. XAudio 2 is apparently a component that originally shipped with DirectX 9, but has been reused in several iterations since. If you know you have new-enough DirectX drivers, then you may want to try reinstalling your computer’s sound driver. If not that, open the command prompt as an administrator and run sfc /scannow to see if that patches it up at the system level (such as if the driver is installed but cannot be accessed).
Well, I tried with the CMD command that you suggested and installed the file again but it seems to not work at all. I mean... I can hear the UI sounds and some of the dialogues but in the sex scenes is just complete silence. And I find it funny because games like Fallout 4, Fortnite and many other games still use this exact driver and I don't have this issue. And I forgot to say that this issue started with the UE5 versions. because in older builds that use UE4 I didn't have any issues with the sounds. I guess I'll have to wait until they release a version that works on my system properly. Thanks again for your help (I'm not trying to be sarcastic).

Reactions: meatslinger

maismuffin

Jun 19, 2023
To the people sharing the updates:
Is it possible that you stop using those garbage filehosters i.e. MEGA, Dropmefiles and Uploadhaven?

Here's why:
  1. Mega limits at 5GiB per day. This game is 13.42 GiB...
  2. Dropmefiles never actually works, site just reloads of opens 10000 popups.
  3. Uploadhaven is locked around ~256 KB/s. Completely useless.

Please try to upload with the following, they have never failed me:
  1. gofile
  2. pixeldrain (limits at 5GiB too, but with 1 MB/s)
  3. workupload
That would be SUUUUPER. :D

Last edited:

RavenBG

Mar 3, 2019
Good day, sorry if I'm repeating myself, but can someone tell me if they know when it will be on the STEAM app for sale and if they know send me a private message thanks!:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes