Jubileu01

May 17, 2020
Hello guys, i'm new here... I'd just would like to ask: how to save my progress in game ? Is that possible ? There are so many posts here that I could not find it... Thank you!

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Hello guys, i'm new here... I'd just would like to ask: how to save my progress in game ? Is that possible ? There are so many posts here that I could not find it... Thank you!
Hmm i haven't tried any new builds since march... have u tried clicking the "save" button in the game? does it save your game? if not then it's not possible yet

danseX

Sep 12, 2019
All you can save is individual character customizations by clicking on 'Save' in the appearance adjustment menu.
The story itself is still in early development, so saving in that sense has yet to be implemented - and is why the "Save" button is greyed out on the main menu.

Reactions: Jubileu01

rooperontti

Jul 31, 2019
What do you mean by that? You can let the loops run for as long as you want. That's why we call them loops.
I mean the duration of a single animation. If it's like 5 seconds, it gets repetitive when looping same exact motion. Why not have a minute long animation with subtle changes in thrust, expression and/or hand motions. Repeating that you wouldn't notice it looping. I wonder if there's technical limitations or is it just too much work.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I mean the duration of a single animation. If it's like 5 seconds, it gets repetitive when looping same exact motion. Why not have a minute long animation with subtle changes in thrust, expression and/or hand motions. Repeating that you wouldn't notice it looping. I wonder if there's technical limitations or is it just too much work.
My guess is that it just becomes too much work to do things like that with relatively little payoff. The workaround for that is the speed/amplitude/smooth settings, which sort of give you changes in thrust in a kind of artificial way.

Reactions: GucciGang69

YodaTalk

Jul 30, 2018
the game has been great so far!
Of course there are still some bugs here and there that have to be fixed, but as far as it is playable, I also have significant problems with the somewhat inflexible control.

unfortunately you still can't put the movement on the arrow keys, which bothered me as a left-handed person.

unfortunately there is still no function to save his char and I have to adjust the look every time I restart the game.

for the future i would like to have a much freer key assignment and at least one feature to save the settings in the game, like that of my CHAR and maybe an area where you can see and try all other chars on one surface, as with the lightning area.

What I have not yet found is a torch to go into the dark rooms and I have not yet found the minotaur.

please keep going because the game has a lot of potential and is a lot of fun!

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
Plus they plan to add facial animation on a separate layer so thatll add a lot of variation.
Also having shorter loops is better as the animation skeletons they use are very big and animations have a considerable file size. So its better to make short loops with extra variation versions+ layers of variation for stuff like faces.

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
YodaTalk
You can save your custom characters with the save/load buttons in the customize screen. When you click save on a custom char itll write an ini file to temp when the engine closes. Next time you open back up and click load on that character custom menu itll load all changes on that char. You can also do backup and rename stuff on the files in the ini folder to manage different styles for the same char.

You can select a torch with the main character by holding Q and selecting the torch. Then clicking Q to draw it. You can also set torches on the ground by clicking z while the torch is selected.

YodaTalk

Jul 30, 2018
YodaTalk
You can save your custom characters with the save/load buttons in the customize screen. When you click save on a custom char itll write an ini file to temp when the engine closes. Next time you open back up and click load on that character custom menu itll load all changes on that char. You can also do backup and rename stuff on the files in the ini folder to manage different styles for the same char.

You can select a torch with the main character by holding Q and selecting the torch. Then clicking Q to draw it. You can also set torches on the ground by clicking z while the torch is selected.
Many thanks for the hint with the Q key. Up until now I had to end the game when I tried to go into the caves because I was stuck there without light and couldn't see what. then I can now explore the caves ;-).

the only thing missing is the minotaur, which I saw somewhere on youtube, which should also be in the game ;-).

oh and the thing with the CHAR settings I did not know thanks for the hint.

now one would only have to somehow be able to use the arrow keys on the keyboard so that I don't have to walk around with W, A, S, D all the time ;-).

enigmator2000

Nov 14, 2018
I understand that it is not possible to switch between custom cam presets set for a given animation without clicking on them separately in the UI?It's about switching them with UI turned off

YodaTalk

Jul 30, 2018
YodaTalk Can you not rebind the movement keys to your arrow keys in the settings menu? And if the arrow keys can't be bound, how about using IJKL instead?
No its not possible to change the movement into arrow keys. Other keys are not the same like arrow. Everytime i must look what i push but arrow keys are much more better don't know howto explain this in english ;-).

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
No its not possible to change the movement into arrow keys. Other keys are not the same like arrow. Everytime i must look what i push but arrow keys are much more better don't know howto explain this in english ;-).
You probably mean because they are separate from the other keys on a keyboard, you can find them without looking. F and J do have homing bars or scoops on most keyboards, so you should be able to find that without looking as well. Thus IJKL shouldn't be an issue. But if you really want to use the arrow keys, you could rebind those to WASD with third party software like AutoHotkey.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes