Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
I think i know now the cause of this, it's a total CPU overload because of the streaming metric failing and letting every last bit of data through the pipe.

the sudden data pump seems to cause virtually all cores to thermal throttle
I have been a tech for since the early 90's, including custom imbedded systems etc and heard a lot of crap, but you are amazing. The streaming metric is causing thermal throttling? No. Thermal throttling is because your cooling solution can not handle the processors heat, and whether thats due to actually using the cores at 100% from rendering something or in the case of WL, poor coding, is irrelevant. Go run a blender test or something in CPU render mode and see if your thermal throttling, then fix your issue with bad paste or clogged heatsink or whatever it might be, then go back to your obsessive WL gaming.

Your like a middle manager or sales drone who only knows buzz words without the actual meaning

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
wont help it will fail so or so once the metric fails on DX11 it's over for the 4 Sandybridge cores with a UHD target you have to find a different solution more efficient compression would be 1 lowering the CPU overhead.

In this case rather less efficient compression

tough you can rescue yourself flying as fast as possible into the sky away from all the non streaming happening bellow you ;)
though no real solution and it seems only restarting the map resets the metric

though when this happens the data density per frame is getting crazy high

it's the reverse case of what we often see in Unreals streaming avoiding this to often wrong :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It affects the whole light precission

Last edited:
Reactions: v1ker092

anasui

Jul 1, 2020
I have been a tech for since the early 90's, including custom imbedded systems etc and heard a lot of crap, but you are amazing. The streaming metric is causing thermal throttling? No. Thermal throttling is because your cooling solution can not handle the processors heat, and whether thats due to actually using the cores at 100% from rendering something or in the case of WL, poor coding, is irrelevant. Go run a blender test or something in CPU render mode and see if your thermal throttling, then fix your issue with bad paste or clogged heatsink or whatever it might be, then go back to your obsessive WL gaming.

Your like a middle manager or sales drone who only knows buzz words without the actual meaning
Yeah idk, this dude is crazy, talking to himself and posting screenshots of the game everyday for at least 2 years while spitting nonsense.
Must have a mental illness or something

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
I'd advise you to give up, he/she/it has over 1225 posts, and about 1200 are in this thread worshiping Steve and his animators and finding excuses for the mediocre performance, programming and slow progress. People who are that obsessed can not be reasoned with.
I admit I have to.

This guy writes and answers strangely. I feel like I was talking to an artificial intelligence chatbot ... or something. He can answer, but does not analyze the topic. Plus all this spam.

Slayer128

Jun 30, 2017
Coming back to the thread after a couple weeks and seeing two nerds argue over unoptimised trash.

If Krosos likes to post these messages then let him do it, he's not harming anyone, If there's an issue then mods will delete.

There is a bigger issue at hand here and it's the disturbingly lack of futa.
Shey futa when amirite? :oops::love::love::love:

• Love
Reactions: Oxiton

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Your English isn't very good so I can't really tell what you're trying to say for a lot of this.

There doesn't seem to be a bow anywhere in the village. I checked all of the huts and the forest surrounding them.
Part of the UI hints that it needs to be crafted, but never says how.

Kim (The girl dancing by the fire?) doesn't say anything or hint at anything or give any kind of clue or have any dialogue whatsoever until after you get all three strikes.
You press the interact button near her and automatically get strikes 1, 2 and 3. After which she complains at you. This is the first and only piece of dialogue that she seems to have in the game.
There's no puzzle here. You press X to talk to her and you lose.
I would have tried to dance with her, but there doesn't seem to be a button to do that. (the Input IU is a fucking mess)

As for Milanna, I don't remember which one that is. The sunbather on the beach?
That whole block of text that you posted about her is borderline nonsense, but I gather that some sort of quest involving weed broke and now doesn't work?
Don't worry his tech enhancements are also nonsense. The game can utilize as much Vram as you can give it and runs at 8K pretty solid, provided you don't use ANY AA. ( Which isn't much of a loss, U4 AA is terribad on anything except foliage)

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

undecode

May 27, 2017
Damn this feel surreal. I've been coming here for a WHILE to grab the latest patch and always check the last 2 pages of comments to see when it's coming (if it didnt update). In all these months I didnt understand one thing Krosos is talking about, and I have good UE4 knowledge and gamedev in general. Sometimes im not logged in and i see the posts (i have them blocked, sorry but too many posts and i dont understand jack shit) but it's funny all these last posts.
Idk, had to say something about it.
Also, while im at it... this game has the best animations but it's incredible the developers are getting 100k pero month on patreon. People actually paying for no decent updates at all.

Reactions: Oxiton and Novari

Jimmeh

Jun 20, 2017
getting 100k pero month on patreon. People actually paying for no decent updates at all.
Holy crap I haven't checked there patreon in a while, I remember when they were on like 11k

Where'd they get all their supporters from?

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
Holy crap I haven't checked there patreon in a while, I remember when they were on like 11k

Where'd they get all their supporters from?
Ha ha ha. Man, this is what I've been asking myself for over a year!

Just look at this.

Untitled.png

From May 22 to August 28, 2017, Steve scored from zero to 10K. At that time, the game had only a few animations, one flying girl, one guy and a desert map. No gameplay.
Then on November 24, 2018 - 40K. Just look at how steep the chart is :D

I have no idea. Pure mystery.

Check it yourself.

Maxiiki

Mar 22, 2021
How do you launch this game on directx 11?
I have a blurry textures problem in absolutely all games on directx 12, it can be solved only by using directx 11 instead.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
I have no idea. Pure mystery.
I can tell you exactly what happened on those two points.

The first boost from 0 to 10k came after we posted this video to our youtube and twitter and tumblr. Yeah tumblr still was a thing back then and we had something between 10 and 20 k followers. The video did quite well and got many views and helped us grow the patreon fairly quickly.

That second one happened after we made this video:
and some moderately sized youtuber took it and added it to a "top X games of 20blabla" toplist. He used a spicy image from our video as thumbnail and his video exploded to like 5million views. That gave us a ton of publicity which we really needed back then. From there the growth was quite smooth.

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
I can tell you exactly what happened on those two points.

The first boost from 0 to 10k came after we posted this video to our youtube and twitter and tumblr. Yeah tumblr still was a thing back then and we had something between 10 and 20 k followers. The video did quite well and got many views and helped us grow the patreon fairly quickly.

That second one happened after we made this video:
and some moderately sized youtuber took it and added it to a "top X games of 20blabla" toplist. He used a spicy image from our video as thumbnail and his video exploded to like 5million views. That gave us a ton of publicity which we really needed back then. From there the growth was quite smooth.
Cool - thank you for letting me know. Now this explains everything. That is, there was a promotion through the media by a third-party YouTuber. Damn, then it was a huge luck, or did you offer to show the game?

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
Cool - thank you for letting me know. Now this explains everything. That is, there was a promotion through the media by a third-party YouTuber. Damn, then it was a huge luck, or did you offer to show the game?
No, we didnt even know anyone was doing anything with our videos until we noticed our patron numbers going through the roof. Then eventually one of the new patrons of course told us what video led them to us. Unfortunately the video no longer exists., in fact the whole youtube account is gone now. We never figured out why it got deleted.

Reactions: dilphin
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes