ihatefleas

Dec 18, 2018
Ehem. I would argue that. If you are talking about 3D games, just search f95zone with UE4/Unity filter applied. You will definitely find more with even better graphics.
I do regularly browse new releases/updates here but nothing comes close. It's just not graphics but also the quality of the animations and such. Operation Lovecraft came close, but the poses are much more static and restrictive. It hasn't been updated for ages as well. Carnal Instincts basically just plays pre-rendered sex scenes. There's loads of other games but they don't have anywhere near the production value, most look like asset flips from the steam greenlight era with janky animations.

And like I said, I don't particularly enjoy the Disney-esque art style WildLife is going for.

Reactions: altairxoxo

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
I do regularly browse new releases/updates here but nothing comes close. It's just not graphics but also the quality of the animations and such. Operation Lovecraft came close, but the poses are much more static and restrictive. It hasn't been updated for ages as well. Carnal Instincts basically just plays pre-rendered sex scenes. There's loads of other games but they don't have anywhere near the production value, most look like asset flips from the steam greenlight era with janky animations.

And like I said, I don't particularly enjoy the Disney-esque art style WildLife is going for.
Ah. I see now. Yes WL wins in term of animation variations. They got actually lucky to get so much funds at very beginning. Since beginning they could afford to hire animators, and thanks to this expand animation content so much.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
anyone knows if the developers have plans to implement Fidelity FX? I've been testing it with Back 4 blood beta and Tony hawk´s pro skater and it works great, increases performance a lot, and this game definitely needs it. It's also open source.
Maybe magpie?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
UE4 supports Vulkan, you don't need to switch to UE5 to run this. And why do you think physics is the bottleneck?

Also, I would carefully argue about the performance of the UE5, although we'll see how it performs after release.

Just in case what is PQ? What do you mean by "scales up/down"?

View attachment 1348552

Vulkan on UE4 is still a catastrophe 2nd citizen, you would need to invest a lot of your own time into it UE5 state is much better now.

PQ = Picture (Render) Quality/Stability

Scaling up down means how the Engine is adapting to different System configurations and how efficient can it be getting the last bit of performance at it's target Edge.

Before some major changes took place in UE4 no external Studio really took it seriously for Open World and had todo major upwork on the Engine all the time to get it stable for this.
It just slowly enters a viable state for these Goals but it's still improvable :)

Very important move was 4.22, without this important refactor the Engine would have hardly survived the Raytracing and overall complexity rise as well.

We see some Great internal work now being done on Unreal to get it really awesome for these goals in 3rd Party Branches bringing it up to par with the best AAA Studio Engines for this task. :)

Some Amazing AAA titles are incoming with even more improved Unreal foundations :)

Stability of Unreals Main Branch improved very significantly since it was freed overall :)

And Wild-Life will need all of this.

Though moving to the newest Unreal Core with to much carelessness will make you lose a lot of possible target Systems and you will see a disaster like Cyberpunk 2077 running on the PS4 Pro like shit ;)

Last edited:

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
Vulkan on UE4 is still a catastrophy, you would need to invest a lot of your own time into it UE5 state is much better
Why? It works pretty stable. The advertised performance depends on how the application uses it. If you're GPU bound, you won't see much of a performance difference. But if your application is CPU bound, for example making a lot of draw calls, you will definitely see a better result. This is how Vulkan API works.

And yet I want to know. Why do you think physics is the bottleneck in the WL? What is "scales up/down" and PQ you mentioned earlier?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yes and this needs low level though Vulkan currently will not improve it Nvidias Driver DX11 Optimizations will yield much better and more stable overall results for now.

Currently It is even the contrary you risk loosing a lot of Performance with it depending on the Scene it can go up to a 50% Performance loss with "Native" Unreal Vulkan you will even fail to hit the 33 ms target.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
Yes and this needs low level though Vulkan currently will not improve it Nvidias Driver DX11 Optimizations will yield much better and more stable overall results for now.

Currently It is even the contrary you risk loosing a lot of Performance with it depending on the Scene it can go up to a 50% Performance loss.
Man, "Nvidias Driver" and "Unreal Engine" are two different things. We are currently talking about UE4, Vulkan performance.

And over the long run Wild-Life staying with DX11 is suicide, i really hope they move to VULKAN as fast as possible when they switch to UE5.
And here I made a home work for you. Tested on GTX1080ti and 6core CPU, with Unreal native stats enabled.
Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
6 cores aren't 4 cores

overall it is comparable with a ryzen 5 3600 6 core when the 6 cores not get efficiently used and when it's more singlethread clock performance bound though the overhead at the same time the streaming is calling async for cycles should be a bit more reduced in your case and run much more fluid, which is becoming more and more important especially for Unreal 5 Nanite the more Cores the better.

Would be nice to get a bit more info Display of your full System configuration :)

though i see you drive overall much less pixels then UHD
4910044 vs 8294400 = - 3384356 so more in the range of 1440p not 2160p

PS: How did you get Unreals Vulkan to run Wild-Life wasn't Shader compiled and pre prepared for it ?

DLSS and TSR gonna shine in the Combat Range test.
Don't expect much from me to show of this part of it i don't like it, i do not believe in catharsis theory being positive at least not the Red one.
And if it has to be Red their is only one thing that feels good to be stabbed in pleasure/pain.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Im not even sure what you blabbing about
we where talking about Unreal Vulkan Performance and it's problems and you show DX11 results showing exactly that target reached on DX11

i just said you wont hit the 33 ms target with Unreals Vulkan currently (in the contrary you will have massive performance hits) and you show the 33 ms target reached with DX11 at 1440p on 6 cores while i show it reached at 2160p on 4 Cores on the absolute possible API Edge with DX11.

And im overall on a lower end system then you, you should rather ask yourself how is he doing it so efficiently on that 4 Stoneage old Sandybridge Cores ;)
The same as the other guy should ask himself why isn't he Thermal Throttling with that CPU Package temperature and maybe my assumption about that latency explosion being caused by it must be wrong also based on what he told is happening ;)

And i said over the long RUN it is suicide staying with DX11 you not really listen and you have 0 idea of what im talking about but you soon enough gonna see it in many Unreal 5 Nanite titles.

Open a Youtube Channel and inform the People with your knowledge how to use the UUU but i think it's useless to talk with you about this topic overall.

Last edited:

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
Im not even sure what you blabbing about
we where talking about Unreal Vulkan Performance and it's problems and you show DX11 results showing exactly that target reached on DX11

i just said you wont hit the 33 ms target with Unreals Vulkan currently (in the contrary you will have massive performance hits) and you show the 33 ms target reached with DX11 at 1440p on 6 cores while i show it reached at 2160p on 4 Cores on the absolute possible API Edge with DX11.

And im overall on a lower end system then you, you should rather ask yourself how is he doing it so efficiently on that 4 Stoneage old Sandybridge Cores ;)
The same as the other guy should ask himself why isn't he Thermal Throttling with that CPU Package temperature and maybe my assumption about that latency explosion being caused by it must be wrong also based on what he told is happening ;)

And i said over the long RUN it is suicide staying with DX11 you not really listen and you have 0 idea of what im talking about but you soon enough gonna see it in many Unreal 5 Nanite titles.

Open a Youtube Channel and inform the People with your knowledge how to use the UUU but i think it's useless to talk with you about this topic overall.
We ARE talking about "Unreal Vulkan Performance and it's problems".

And nevertheless, you again leave the topic and start talking about:
"Thermal Throttling",
"CPU Package temperature",
"API Edge" (??? :FacePalm:),
"suicide staying with DX11",
"UUU",
"Unreal 5 Nanite" and
"Youtube Channel".

EDIT: Rather than shy away from the conversation, why don't you just find out more information on this topic?

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
I got the wine but never saw the bow.
Also, Kim never said a single word to me. First contact with her was the first strike. The dialogue box didn't even open.
If you want someone to learn a certain type of logic directly confronting him with it seems not the most bad idea :)
Now you know that it can hit anytime and you risk loosing a quest through certain wrong actions, that can go down as deep as your cloth choice.
And you have 3 tries so use them wisely that's where it's going towards.
It's going also to set a nice skill level for replayability, "shit i possibly missed this encounter this time i wont (think,think,think)" :)

EDIT: Rather than shy away from the conversation, why don't you just find out more information on this topic?
Nice joke from a Windows 10 user, i love to take advice on this topic.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Show me Unreal 4 Main Branch Vulkan results that beat your DX11 or at least reach the same level and we can talk, before that the conversation with you ends here.
I have different things todo then argue with a Kid that has no proof to show and doesn't have any idea of how the internal Vulkan ontop of the RHI currently works and how unoptimized it is.

Last edited:

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
Show me Unreal 4 Main Branch Vulkan results that beat your DX11 or at least reach the same level and we can talk, before that the conversation with you ends here.
What was wrong in your statement, I have already indicated above.

... I have different things todo ...
Sure. You are a busy person here. The entire working day consists of creating posts on the f95zone forum.

EDIT: ... and play WL

Last edited:
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yes i don't waste my time with the mediocre Unreal results here, partly by Kids like you, who think after 50 youtube videos you can be a master dev.
And i don't need advice from someone who learned from others and is only blabbing what they might release in reviews and is trying to adapt it to every render case he sees, without understanding maybe other complex factors behind the scenes playing into it as well.
A good Render result has many different layers and such generic assumptions are often dead wrong, especially when hell a lot is driven by compute.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildKayoti045
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes