Angelenko

Feb 2, 2019
anyone knows if the developers have plans to implement Fidelity FX? I've been testing it with Back 4 blood beta and Tony hawk´s pro skater and it works great, increases performance a lot, and this game definitely needs it. It's also open source.

DaisyChained

Feb 3, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It shocks me what is happening here ?
It really hits the whole System hard even Windows scheduling has a hard time, though at least it stays stable even with that constant overload.
Of course you can't pretty much not trust any of those deeper going latency measurements anymore not even 1%.

But 1 FPS yeah that's how it feels ;)

Don't tell me this Particle effect is done on the CPU ?

or is it maybe caused by the Blueprint Logic ?

I couldn't recover from it had to leave to the main menu then everything was back to normal whatever happened

i could still switch quality i pushed her out of the fire but it never recovered until i left to the main menu, very strange.

First really heavy problem i encountered so far with Wild-Lifes overall stability.

Loading the Shoowrom after switching to the Main Menu no visible problems with the CPU also loading the Fisher Village again no problems everything stable again.

PS: I couldn't reproduce it exactly to this crazy over 1000ms state but it is definitely problematic 200ms with the getting on fire particle effect and after it triggered becoming stable again seems to fail (maybe a driver issue, some random glitch in my overall config, a deep hidden engine problem or even Unwinders hooking gone highwire (though i would rather suspect CapFrameX it's not well done overall and cries to cause trouble), but it's PC random issues overall pretty unavoidable, especially at such limits of the API ;)

So i can reproduce it now based on the particle getting on fire effect, it is definitely the cause for the overload and after it the following render latency performance spiking fluctuation that doesn't recover without moving into the Main Menu 1st :)
Also tried to posses another character and remove the character that triggered it no success.
Your cpu is is hitting 100c, so you're either overheating or thermal throttling. Time to swap paste?

Reactions: candy76041820

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Not using all resources is just one example of unoptimization, but games also need to be smart about how they handle the available resources aswell, even if they can use them completely. In other words, even if a game could use 100% of every resource, it could still be unoptimized. To illustrate, let me give you an example:

In mass effect, there were some stupid walls in large open areas with no apparent purpose, but it was useful because since it would be blocking line of sight, and since that part of the map didn't need to be rendered it improved performance.

This is just an example, and the possibilities to optimize the game are 'infinite'
oh, yea right, forgot that code can be shitty as well
this is a crap example, but it would also be unoptimised if instead of adding 100 to a number, it would add 1 to it 100 times, I know, I just forgot xD

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018

I can be very sure now where resolution is really lacking and not due Streaming issues :)

The biggest change is really the Poolsize to 2512 MB, this stabilized everything for now a lot on this 8/8 configuration at the Edge on the Streaming side.

Of course it would be much more advisable to improve the compression efficiency results further, to get a higher headroom per Scene and avoid still possible brakes.

The Move to a Low Level API is pretty unavoidable, if the complexity rises further, biggest reach VULKAN.

Unreal VULKAN state so la la.

Closest AAA compare on the given API Final Fantasy 15 (production effort not production state)

PS: What is that white Point on Ryan his Neck, everywhere the dark birthmarks and then suddenly boom a white one ?
How crazy efficient Pattern disturbance works to make your Roi Point change :)

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
elo Is anybody else game Wild Life laggy? Whenever I play it, it's like the movements and the text are in slow motion
Im also getting game freezing bug for some animations.

I bought a Windows 11 lenovo ideapad 330 ryzen 3 laptop
not going to be a good enough laptop for MANY modern games let alone wild life that runs poorly on a lot of pc's. You might want to look into buying an external GPU and/or increasing your RAM amount but your CPU will hold you back regardless

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
elo Is anybody else game Wild Life laggy? Whenever I play it, it's like the movements and the text are in slow motion
Im also getting game freezing bug for some animations.

I bought a Windows 11 lenovo ideapad 330 ryzen 3 laptop
You're on the lowest end of the spectrum to run this game with that hardware. I have a pretty beefy machine (not portable) and I can still run in to issues sometimes. You'll need to support your internal graphics capacity with something stronger to run this software. Wild Life is not the most optimised thing ever and it needs an above average GPU to run properly.

Reactions: MdfdrL88

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
No it's in Development like most other things you gonna find here on the 3D Realtime side of things.
A Demo would mean a short part of something finished but when it's not finished it can hardly be a Demo.
It is in it's state more a Tech Demo of working Systems with parts that showcase different possible ways of later on Interacting in the Game like the Fighting System and how the quest system could work and how quests then could play out and partly end in Sex Encounters.
How Animation,Cutscenes and Sex Minigames look and how they could play out.

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
So I went into storymode and got as far as The Side Bet, but couldn't get any further. The sunbathing girl will dance with you but nothing else, the girl at the bar will sleep with you after you find her friend doing doggy-style.

The dancing girl strikes you out just by trying to talk to her with no dialogue, and nobody else seems interested in sex.

The two lesbians won't go for it, the butch one because she's gay and the other one doesn't even have dialogue, and every other woman in the game-world seems to be permanently locked into a sex animation with someone else.

Oh, tell a lie. There's the one who wants to go hunting, but I can't find a bow and all of the wood in my inventory vanished after I fell off a 4ft cliff and died, so if you're supposed to craft that somehow, it just became impossible.

TLDR: Is the side-bet actually doable?
Also, what's up with Kim?

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017

And yes the Side Bet is achievable the logic works only the end achievement "price" is not working yet ;)
Your English isn't very good so I can't really tell what you're trying to say for a lot of this.

There doesn't seem to be a bow anywhere in the village. I checked all of the huts and the forest surrounding them.
Part of the UI hints that it needs to be crafted, but never says how.

Kim (The girl dancing by the fire?) doesn't say anything or hint at anything or give any kind of clue or have any dialogue whatsoever until after you get all three strikes.
You press the interact button near her and automatically get strikes 1, 2 and 3. After which she complains at you. This is the first and only piece of dialogue that she seems to have in the game.
There's no puzzle here. You press X to talk to her and you lose.
I would have tried to dance with her, but there doesn't seem to be a button to do that. (the Input IU is a fucking mess)

As for Milanna, I don't remember which one that is. The sunbather on the beach?
That whole block of text that you posted about her is borderline nonsense, but I gather that some sort of quest involving weed broke and now doesn't work?

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

cgaduck

Jul 5, 2018
The Bow is in front of the girl meditating at the idol. You have to be completely nude to get anywhere with Kim. The sunbathing girl will only be interested if you can get her stoned, dance with her then give her a massage. Rhino's girlfriend can be persuaded if you follow her and find somewhere secluded. There's one more but I haven't found it yet.

tanabe74

Aug 16, 2017
No it's in Development like most other things you gonna find here on the 3D Realtime side of things.
A Demo would mean a short part of something finished but when it's not finished it can hardly be a Demo.
It is in it's state more a Tech Demo of working Systems with parts that showcase different possible ways of later on Interacting in the Game like the Fighting System and how the quest system could work and how quests then could play out and partly end in Sex Encounters.
How Animation,Cutscenes and Sex Minigames look and how they could play out.
Then how did i complete the quest and report back to shorty and it said "its the end of the demo vertion"

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The Bow is in front of the girl meditating at the idol. You have to be completely nude to get anywhere with Kim. The sunbathing girl will only be interested if you can get her stoned, dance with her then give her a massage. Rhino's girlfriend can be persuaded if you follow her and find somewhere secluded. There's one more but I haven't found it yet.
I examined the alter but there was no bow there for me. Is it a physics object? Could I have knocked it through the earth or something?

Sunbathing girl needs weed, I guess. Presumably that's what the other guy was saying was bugged, because I don't know where the weed is.

Dancing girl needs you to be naked? Would probably help if she had some sort of dialogue to that effect, I suppose.
Is she even naked herself? IIRC she's wearing rags, right?

As for rhino's girl, does she ever get up and go anywhere?
All I know is that Rhino says she's off-limited and I never saw her get off her knees and stop sucking his dick, so I never bothered trying to talk to her.

Regardless, thanks. I'll keep these in mind next time I boot the game.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes